Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,548 members, 7,837,098 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 04:51 PM

What Did I Do Wrong, That I Was Hired And Laid-off Same Day? - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / What Did I Do Wrong, That I Was Hired And Laid-off Same Day? (29543 Views)

What Did You Study In School And What Are You Doing Presently? Let's Discuss. / Access Bank On Another Sacking Spree. Over 300 Staffs Laid Off. / Mother And Son Called To Bar Same Day (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Did I Do Wrong, That I Was Hired And Laid-off Same Day? by sunboy(m): 6:33pm On Oct 04, 2023
@Op, it is not meant for you. Don’t stress about it, your own will come. Don’t give up! Keep on trying!
Re: What Did I Do Wrong, That I Was Hired And Laid-off Same Day? by Slynation(m): 6:37pm On Oct 04, 2023
It's obvious nobi everybody normal for Nigeria again...!!
Re: What Did I Do Wrong, That I Was Hired And Laid-off Same Day? by Femonjay(m): 6:37pm On Oct 04, 2023
@Poster, do not Ι“e discouraged. You are not the problem you employer may just have rethink about it.

For you to attend interviews with others and came out victoriously means you are good. So, don't doubt your strength.

Things happen for reasons and its just a matter of time. In future, you will remember it and laugh by the grace of God.

Cheer up and believe in your self.

1 Like

Re: What Did I Do Wrong, That I Was Hired And Laid-off Same Day? by Nyanabo(m): 6:39pm On Oct 04, 2023
He didn't give you a chance to prove your worth, so it has nothing to do with you. Stop questioning yourself.
Re: What Did I Do Wrong, That I Was Hired And Laid-off Same Day? by Mtmike(m): 6:41pm On Oct 04, 2023
Live lesson 101….. when we fall, we rise and keep moving

1 Like

Re: What Did I Do Wrong, That I Was Hired And Laid-off Same Day? by Leggodeals(f): 6:41pm On Oct 04, 2023
Don't dwell to much on it, just move on. I believe something bigger is ahead.
You can try some jobs here https:///184037139835240/ Avoid paying anyone for a job. All my jobs are free
Re: What Did I Do Wrong, That I Was Hired And Laid-off Same Day? by jericco1(m): 6:42pm On Oct 04, 2023
Omo that one is indeed shocking but I think you should leave them.
Re: What Did I Do Wrong, That I Was Hired And Laid-off Same Day? by DeepSight(m): 6:42pm On Oct 04, 2023
Alexxx2000:
Intellectuals and the good people of nairaland. I just experienced one of the biggest shocks of my life.

As a student of the federal university, I saw a publication for the post of a front desk at a big cyber cafe close to the north wing of our school gate. I applied and followed the recruitment exercise which took 3 weeks of test and interview.

Out of 15 of us that applied for the job of 25k per month, I was picked. I loved it because it only start from 4pm till 9pm. Normally our lectures is from 7am till 1pm. I was happy because it will help me save for my school fees and I hoped to liaison with the students there to learn graphic designing. A skill I love but finance is a burden to enrol and to get a PC.

I was told to resume on Monday. I went there in the evening and the owner came and say my services are no longer needed. I was shocked. I asked him what I did? He didn't answer me. It was the other staff, the manager that told me he will communicate it to me. From Monday till now, I didn't hear from them.

Please, what should I do? I am confused. For those who had similar experience what was your cause. I am so so sad with this. My hope is dashed.

Don't think about it. Move on and keep trying. Don't stop.
Re: What Did I Do Wrong, That I Was Hired And Laid-off Same Day? by AllenSpencer: 6:47pm On Oct 04, 2023
Congratulations!

A better opportunity ahead!
Re: What Did I Do Wrong, That I Was Hired And Laid-off Same Day? by fm7070: 6:47pm On Oct 04, 2023
Learn a skill sister, you will get much more money with dignity.
Re: What Did I Do Wrong, That I Was Hired And Laid-off Same Day? by Uprangers11: 6:47pm On Oct 04, 2023
Alexxx2000:
Intellectuals and the good people of nairaland. I just experienced one of the biggest shocks of my life.

As a student of the federal university, I saw a publication for the post of a front desk at a big cyber cafe close to the north wing of our school gate. I applied and followed the recruitment exercise which took 3 weeks of test and interview.

Out of 15 of us that applied for the job of 25k per month, I was picked. I loved it because it only start from 4pm till 9pm. Normally our lectures is from 7am till 1pm. I was happy because it will help me save for my school fees and I hoped to liaison with the students there to learn graphic designing. A skill I love but finance is a burden to enrol and to get a PC.

I was told to resume on Monday. I went there in the evening and the owner came and say my services are no longer needed. I was shocked. I asked him what I did? He didn't answer me. It was the other staff, the manager that told me he will communicate it to me. From Monday till now, I didn't hear from them.

Please, what should I do? I am confused. For those who had similar experience what was your cause. I am so so sad with this. My hope is dashed.

You will never forget about that experience that ginger to work that's why they call us Nigerians,we nor dey give up nah Give up no join......Apply for the next on and get prepared
Re: What Did I Do Wrong, That I Was Hired And Laid-off Same Day? by Kobojunkie: 6:48pm On Oct 04, 2023
Alexxx2000:
Sir, the resumption time was 4pm. I left my hostel at exact 3.00pm and I got to the cyber cafe at exactly 3.49pm. I even met students at the gate waiting to gain access to the facility.
Cyber cafe? Where? Name and location/address please. Let's see if what happened to you is a possible trend. undecided
Re: What Did I Do Wrong, That I Was Hired And Laid-off Same Day? by purples25(f): 6:48pm On Oct 04, 2023
This thing is painful.
Re: What Did I Do Wrong, That I Was Hired And Laid-off Same Day? by BoldBrainz(m): 6:48pm On Oct 04, 2023
VinnyBaba:

Ogbeni, some Pple (Graduates) still do 17K Jobs!πŸ˜’

Many Polytechnic Graduates in my Hood are IDLE!. πŸ˜”

Either They Do it or Go into YAHOO or Bet9Ja Hustle!. πŸ˜•πŸ€¨

This is very depressing.

I see things like this and I genuinely hurt. Makes me feel like being in a place where I can reach out and give helping hands to capable young men suffering out there.

If you know of any such graduates with the intellectual efficiency to get things done, have one or two of them mail me here. I can offer them free training on the skillsets listed in my bio for a month or two, then give them the extra benefits of exploring my existing contacts so they can start up on their own.

It's unthinkable for a graduate to be earning 17K monthly.

1 Like

Re: What Did I Do Wrong, That I Was Hired And Laid-off Same Day? by vickydevoka(m): 6:50pm On Oct 04, 2023
SultanOfPuna:
God has something bigger in store for you..

That 25k you wait for Full 30 days to collect

Oloshos make that on a weekend night

So God no go want make you dey suffer

Every disappointment is a blessing in disguise
Lie. Olosho doesn't pay, unless you use jazz.
Re: What Did I Do Wrong, That I Was Hired And Laid-off Same Day? by Dreamland87: 6:51pm On Oct 04, 2023
Alexxx2000:

Every bad day is a part of good life,
Your Destiny don't want to work under anybody. Try to be independent, crack ur brain to no what u can do without working under anybody. U go blow big time.
If u like bliv me, if u like don't bliv me
Re: What Did I Do Wrong, That I Was Hired And Laid-off Same Day? by Blitzerz: 6:54pm On Oct 04, 2023
Alexxx2000:
Sir, the resumption time was 4pm. I left my hostel at exact 3.00pm and I got to the cyber cafe at exactly 3.49pm. I even met students at the gate waiting to gain access to the facility.

Demand for compensation for that day work
Re: What Did I Do Wrong, That I Was Hired And Laid-off Same Day? by kavaki1514: 7:00pm On Oct 04, 2023
The work is not your own. Wait for another
Re: What Did I Do Wrong, That I Was Hired And Laid-off Same Day? by Jeezuzpick(m): 7:05pm On Oct 04, 2023
Alexxx2000:

The company might have taken a financial blow that very day.

I know it sounds far-fetched, but shit happens.

It most likely has nothing to do with what you said or did.
Re: What Did I Do Wrong, That I Was Hired And Laid-off Same Day? by imoh4king(m): 7:11pm On Oct 04, 2023
Alexxx2000:

1. Its your first day, why didn't you go earlier?

2. How did you dress?

I can go on on on...

Just save yourself the stress and ask the manager. They owe you an explanation.
Re: What Did I Do Wrong, That I Was Hired And Laid-off Same Day? by Balablue64: 7:13pm On Oct 04, 2023
Atarakpa:
I will advise Nigerian youths never to apply for a job at integrated service. Coco warehouse in ladipo oyewole. Off oba akran Ikeja, directly opposite Guinness. That man can hire you now and fire you in the next one hour. If you manage to stay for at least 3 month I promise you that man will give you BP.

Drop your oga phone number let me give him a friendly phone call
Re: What Did I Do Wrong, That I Was Hired And Laid-off Same Day? by tobstarizhia(m): 7:14pm On Oct 04, 2023
Well enough you rid yourself of those cowards
Re: What Did I Do Wrong, That I Was Hired And Laid-off Same Day? by Exceed15: 7:19pm On Oct 04, 2023
Congratulations! All things work together for your good.
Re: What Did I Do Wrong, That I Was Hired And Laid-off Same Day? by Dennisochampa: 7:21pm On Oct 04, 2023
The way I see it.... God probably saved you from something and is preparing something better for you...

If you didn't get it... It's not meant for you.
I admire the fact that you want to work and earn a living though.
May God bless your hustle... Amen
Re: What Did I Do Wrong, That I Was Hired And Laid-off Same Day? by Atarakpa: 7:23pm On Oct 04, 2023
Balablue64:

Drop your oga phone number let me give him a friendly phone call
Re: What Did I Do Wrong, That I Was Hired And Laid-off Same Day? by Topdaddy(m): 7:24pm On Oct 04, 2023
Forward a letter to them to know why you were relieved.
Alexxx2000:

Re: What Did I Do Wrong, That I Was Hired And Laid-off Same Day? by drimzsmoke(m): 7:25pm On Oct 04, 2023
SultanOfPuna:
God has something bigger in store for you..

That 25k you wait for Full 30 days to collect

Oloshos make that on a weekend night

So God no go want make you dey suffer

Every disappointment is a blessing in disguise

What are you saying, olosho of 25k for the weekend, where is that🌚🌚🌚🌚🌚🌚
Last time I checked,it's 30k per night!!!

1 Like

Re: What Did I Do Wrong, That I Was Hired And Laid-off Same Day? by Sammy5413(m): 7:27pm On Oct 04, 2023
Ur village people are with you always
Re: What Did I Do Wrong, That I Was Hired And Laid-off Same Day? by kunle75(m): 7:38pm On Oct 04, 2023
Alexxx2000:

When you were employed, was the resumption time duly communicated to you if yes then you've nothing wrong but if no,you should have ask for written documents like acceptance letter that states clearly what's expected of you.
Just calm down something better is always ahead.
Re: What Did I Do Wrong, That I Was Hired And Laid-off Same Day? by AmazingELixir: 7:41pm On Oct 04, 2023
Alexxx2000:

Sorry OP shi.t happens.....dust your shoulder and move on.

I figured he prolly inferred that as a student you might not be fully committed to the job.

Don't despair though bigger things are waiting for you.
Re: What Did I Do Wrong, That I Was Hired And Laid-off Same Day? by captaininiobong(m): 7:44pm On Oct 04, 2023
GeneralPula:
Somebody else must have used connection to secure it..

Connection for 25k job? Hahahahah

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Nigerian Man Without Legs Works As Driver (video) / Confused About Contract Job And A Permanent Job / Should I Forfeit My Better Paying Job, For A Fg Job.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.