Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,089 members, 7,852,691 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 12:34 AM

FG Issues 2-Week Timeline For Passport Processing - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Issues 2-Week Timeline For Passport Processing (22688 Views)

Attacks On Prisons: FG Issues Shoot-At-Sight Order, Declares Prisons ‘Red Zones’ / FG Issues Drought Alert In 6 States / Frame-Up: FG Issues Statement On Obasanjo's Looming 'Arrest' & 'Detention' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Issues 2-Week Timeline For Passport Processing by Keme4Real(f): 12:31am On Oct 05, 2023
The next thing he should do is clamp down on the corrupt customs officers who collect bribes and inflate the official fees.

One still needs to pay nearly double the official cost just to get the passport on time.
Re: FG Issues 2-Week Timeline For Passport Processing by Dennisbulkan: 12:35am On Oct 05, 2023
inoki247:
Lol anybody confirm this yet...

Who dey here wey don du Passport lately make he update us say na True...
I submitted my passport application payment online on September 23rd and received an appointment slip for biometric capture on September 25th at the Ilorin, Kwara State office. However, when I arrived on the 25th, they rescheduled me for October 12th, causing a week-long delay. I finally completed the biometric capture on October 12th, yesterday, and now I'm eagerly awaiting their call to pick up my passport. I'll update you when I get it. Aloha!

Will update you when I get it. Aloha!
Re: FG Issues 2-Week Timeline For Passport Processing by HardMirror(m): 12:46am On Oct 05, 2023
turmacs:
Just so you know, even Russia and North Korea that have been under sanctions for years, they are far far better than Nigeria economically
please go to north Korea. You won't be missed
Re: FG Issues 2-Week Timeline For Passport Processing by Dennisbulkan: 12:52am On Oct 05, 2023
Nonexisting1:
1000 pounds like say she dey come with up to that amount. What if she doesn't have? They will deport her? She already bought ticket.
grin
Re: FG Issues 2-Week Timeline For Passport Processing by Dennisbulkan: 12:58am On Oct 05, 2023
Ensa777:
15th Oct 2023 will be 9 mths I got captured yet till today mine isn't out even when I paid extra 30k from the official fee.
Always stories upon stories everyday

Which State?
Re: FG Issues 2-Week Timeline For Passport Processing by TheRareGem1(f): 1:10am On Oct 05, 2023
ONEjoblessGUY:
Thought foolish NIS boss said.........the passport backlog had been cleared within 2weeks........

So what do u mean by extended to 3 weeks again

Read the content. Don't be like this
Re: FG Issues 2-Week Timeline For Passport Processing by Tetraozonaitera: 1:25am On Oct 05, 2023
nlfpmod:

https://www.thecable.ng/just-in-fg-issues-two-week-timeline-for-passport-processing/amp

I'm not Tinubu supporter but if this is true. This is the first time I would have a little like for the man. I hope the like will turn to love if only naira rises again.
Re: FG Issues 2-Week Timeline For Passport Processing by gloryman91: 3:16am On Oct 05, 2023
Please assist in doing same for driver's license and number Plates that this useless FRSC Management is running for almost a year now, driver's license applied for and captured not yet printed and received all over the federation.

Eventhough not FRSC management is not under your supervision but under SGF office in the Presidency , just not doing enough for both staff welfare and public assistance.
Re: FG Issues 2-Week Timeline For Passport Processing by Charly68: 4:13am On Oct 05, 2023
God bless our new interior minister. Things can always be done in a better way . He must be prepared to sack some saboteurs within the system because they would attempt to frustrate him
Re: FG Issues 2-Week Timeline For Passport Processing by olamydey(f): 4:43am On Oct 05, 2023
Treadway:
I can confirm that the news of the backlog cleared isn't as true as depicted, at least not at the NIS office end of things. My wife was still at the immigration office Ibadan today and she along with a lot of other people were turned back yet again after a bit of waiting. Passport not ready. She did capturing early July.

Sukkot

Let them be deceiving themselves. This minister is now under my radar. They opened multiple pseudo accounts for him on Instablog to be praising him for passport backlog clearance. When I commented my observation my comment was removed. Click on any page praising him you will see the pages full of his picture. He understands the power of social media noise but its deceptive to be using fake pages and reviews. Minister Ojo, if you work hard, your work will speak for you. Until me I confirm sha, all na wash

2 Likes

Re: FG Issues 2-Week Timeline For Passport Processing by joseph1832(m): 7:02am On Oct 05, 2023
Ishilove:

I don't understand. Why does a Nigerian need a visa to enter her homeland?
Nigerians who need visas to enter Nigeria have let go of their Nigerian citizenship.

It is what is required in foreign country when one wants to join any security agency, be it police, fbi or even CIA 😁

They aren't allowed to have dual citizenship.
Re: FG Issues 2-Week Timeline For Passport Processing by Alliswell248: 7:56am On Oct 05, 2023
For the sake of your sanity.....avoid the headless mob.
Just don't waste time educating them on everything.
They have been programmed to hate and believe lies especially if they hates you.....

Nigeria would be great whether the sore losers likes it or not......let them keep chasing shadows.
Re: FG Issues 2-Week Timeline For Passport Processing by SolomonGrundy: 8:03am On Oct 05, 2023
Tenumootito:
We look forward to matching NIN and BVN together so that whosoever that want passport will just apply, deduct the amount from his account and issue it.

Let it be seamless...
It's very easy to implement but they won't do it because of corruption
Re: FG Issues 2-Week Timeline For Passport Processing by Odidigboigbo(m): 8:08am On Oct 05, 2023
malali:
Hot Hot minister.......Nigerians need focused people !!!

I am so happy with this minister. Tinubu appointed the right person.

1-He recognized the problem.
2-He set a deadline.
3-He got it done.

Imagine if we woke up to High achievers like this everyday in this country.....Everyday one minister is announcing radical changes.
All these are audio changes, the minister is a real psychologist. He knows what people want to hear and says it, it's far from the realities on ground. My little boy passport is still pending with them since Laster year September 25th that he did his capturing. Go and do your passport without bribing the officials and see if it will be processed within six months.

2 Likes

Re: FG Issues 2-Week Timeline For Passport Processing by superCleanworks(m): 8:16am On Oct 05, 2023
Larryndelaw:
It seems you can't read properly. He said he told Nigerians that it will be done in 3 weeks but was done in.. 3 weeks. Is it because you school at night or what. You always wait for Bad news about Nigeria and the govt. Common change your mentality. We are all Nigerians.
why are you correcting dummies? do you want to decrease their large population?
Please stop this
Re: FG Issues 2-Week Timeline For Passport Processing by Ensa777(f): 8:17am On Oct 05, 2023
Dennisbulkan:

Which State?

Abia
Re: FG Issues 2-Week Timeline For Passport Processing by Abioladoks: 9:45am On Oct 05, 2023
To encourage more Japa!
Re: FG Issues 2-Week Timeline For Passport Processing by writeprof(m): 9:54am On Oct 05, 2023
fkelly:
Be in ur office and be talking rubbish. Since 2 months now my passport isn't ready.

After 2 months an idiot is asking me if I need it through express.

“Please, do not give money to anybody. If there is any passport office where you have done your capturing and they do not give you your passports, please lodge your complaints via the following; 0802 375 3414, preferably SMS and Whatsapp. Or email aa-ajiboye@yahoo.com.”

Forward your case to the minister.
Re: FG Issues 2-Week Timeline For Passport Processing by writeprof(m): 9:56am On Oct 05, 2023
Odidigboigbo:
All these are audio changes, the minister is a real psychologist. He knows what people want to hear and says it, it's far from the realities on ground. My little boy passport is still pending with them since Laster year September 25th that he did his capturing. Go and do your passport without bribing the officials and see if it will be processed within six months.

Please, do not give money to anybody. If there is any passport office where you have done your capturing and they do not give you your passports, please lodge your complaints via the following; 0802 375 3414, preferably SMS and Whatsapp. Or email aa-ajiboye@yahoo.com.”

Forward your case to the minister. Please, give us feedback here.
Re: FG Issues 2-Week Timeline For Passport Processing by Gilgil: 9:57am On Oct 05, 2023
This is surely not for those who applied for passport renewal abroad.

I spoke to over 10 people this week I know who haven't received their passports despite applying in the UK since June. New applications out of Nigeria Embassy London place your next available biometric capture date at February 2024
Re: FG Issues 2-Week Timeline For Passport Processing by Prenonjebose: 10:32am On Oct 05, 2023
This is commendable.
Re: FG Issues 2-Week Timeline For Passport Processing by ladiakins(m): 1:06pm On Oct 05, 2023
nlfpmod:

https://www.thecable.ng/just-in-fg-issues-two-week-timeline-for-passport-processing/amp

My daughter passport renewal is still pending after capture in September.
The phone number listed is not on WhatsApp and the information says preferred WhatsApp message!
Re: FG Issues 2-Week Timeline For Passport Processing by Seriouslady: 2:57pm On Oct 05, 2023
I love this. Good job sir.
Re: FG Issues 2-Week Timeline For Passport Processing by drpat1: 4:53pm On Oct 05, 2023
Nonexisting1:
My cousin sister is coming back next week from the UK with an expired Nigerian passport. Will she have problems with the immigrations at the airport because her Nigerian passport has expired? She said she couldn't renew there. @Justwise.

I hope she will fly direct because she won't even get a boarding pass, or be able to enter Schengen on transit. I did it many times, but she MUST renew before leaving.

Another thing is if the passport is not the e-passport, they can cease it..but she won't be detained. The rest is however she decides to handles it, not in £ but in ₦ ooo! I didn't leave mine with them.

sukkot:
THEY will extort her at least 1000 pounds. dont try it

Wrong!

Re: FG Issues 2-Week Timeline For Passport Processing by Nonexisting1: 8:49pm On Oct 05, 2023
drpat1:

I hope she will fly direct because she won't even get a boarding pass, or be able to enter Schengen on transit. I did it many times, but she MUST renew before leaving.

Another thing is if the passport is not the e-passport, they can cease it..but she won't be detained. The rest is however she decides to handles it, not in £ but in ₦ ooo! I didn't leave mine with them.

Wrong!
I fear oo. 1k pounds ke when the poor girl no even carry up to 500pounds dey come back. I done screenshot and send her brother this your attached document from Immigration to send her. I come advise am to lock up at the airport when she land say she no get shishi. Thank you brotherly.

Re: FG Issues 2-Week Timeline For Passport Processing by lekyar(m): 7:50am On Oct 06, 2023
sukkot:
ikoyi ?

Alausa

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

2027: Tinubu’s Policies Unsettle Northern APC / Osinbajo, Masari, Ahmed Lawan Visit Bola Tinubu In Lagos (Pics) / United Kingdom Moves To Confiscate £117 Million Properties Linked To Ibori

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.