Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,479 members, 7,836,886 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 02:04 PM

Greatness Olorunfemi: Father Of Abuja 'One Chance' Victim Speaks - Crime (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Greatness Olorunfemi: Father Of Abuja 'One Chance' Victim Speaks (34451 Views)

Four Suspected Killers Of Temitope Olorunfemi Arrested & Paraded In Ondo / Lynched Driver, Temitope Olorunfemi, Buried In Ondo (Photos) / Taxi Driver Robbed And Killed In Abuja, One Of The Robbers Arrested (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Greatness Olorunfemi: Father Of Abuja 'One Chance' Victim Speaks by BluelightHotel: 12:47pm On Oct 06, 2023
densiks:
Why wasn't she rushed to another hospital if they experienced rejection on arrival.

I was once a victim of an attack on the road in 1998 and my father rushed me to a private hospital.

I can recall the doctor was making some demands before he could commence treatment while I was losing blood.

My father quickly rushed me to another facility and from there an emergency doctor was summoned and the hospital services were activated to attend to me.

I survived that experience because we did not allow the system to decide my fate.

I believe if she was immediately rushed to a private facility, she possibly could have survived.

May her soul rest in Peace, several people failed her.

Did you by any chance read where they said her father rushed her to the hospital? Or you’re expecting a Samaritan to play the same role that your father played for his son?

C’mon people should learn to be reasonable sometimes…the hospital has no excuse for any delay..period.

2 Likes

Re: Greatness Olorunfemi: Father Of Abuja 'One Chance' Victim Speaks by ogbonti: 12:54pm On Oct 06, 2023
travel abroad for what phd ? with forged degeee from. nigeria ? abegi
Re: Greatness Olorunfemi: Father Of Abuja 'One Chance' Victim Speaks by Fearyourcreator: 12:59pm On Oct 06, 2023
Jestin:
Death is very cheap in Nigeria
Like COVID dey kill oyinbo then like chicken... mass shooting too... eyin werey ... anything to destroy what you don't want to contribute too... enisorire
Re: Greatness Olorunfemi: Father Of Abuja 'One Chance' Victim Speaks by Originalsly: 1:03pm On Oct 06, 2023
densiks:

Why wasn't she rushed to another hospital if they experienced rejection on arrival.

I was once a victim of an attack on the road in 1998 and my father rushed me to a private hospital.

I can recall the doctor was making some demands before he could commence treatment while I was losing blood.

My father quickly rushed me to another facility and from there an emergency doctor was summoned and the hospital services were activated to attend to me.

I survived that experience because we did not allow the system to decide my fate.

I believe if she was immediately rushed to a private facility, she possibly could have survived.

This shouldn't be about being immediately rushed to another hospital. What if the second hospital refused her?.. would it then be she should've been immediately rushed to a third hospital? Rushing to another hospital takes more time and emergency patients do not have much time. This should be about hospitals immediately attending to such patients.
Re: Greatness Olorunfemi: Father Of Abuja 'One Chance' Victim Speaks by dinkyicon: 1:08pm On Oct 06, 2023
BarrElChapo:
This police report before treatment prerequisite; is so archaic and anachronistic.
be updated. It's been abolished since

1 Like

Re: Greatness Olorunfemi: Father Of Abuja 'One Chance' Victim Speaks by dinkyicon: 1:09pm On Oct 06, 2023
dataking:
When will they stop the useless demand for police report before treatment. Treatment first should be the norm.
its been abolished since na
Re: Greatness Olorunfemi: Father Of Abuja 'One Chance' Victim Speaks by DoxxAnon: 1:09pm On Oct 06, 2023
The one thing that will sooth the parents unfortunately will never be gotten in Nigeria; JUSTICE!

No effort will be made to find the one-chance killers, nothing will happen to the hospital staff that could have tried to save her life...absolutely nothing until the next victim of one-chance and hospital rejection. We shout, nothing happens, we move on...till the next and the next...rinse and repeat!
Re: Greatness Olorunfemi: Father Of Abuja 'One Chance' Victim Speaks by FireUpNow(m): 1:11pm On Oct 06, 2023
God is the giver of life and the sustainer of life. Those who took the life of life agent of Satan. Why did the hospital reject her treatment? This practice of hospital rejecting victim and demanding for police report is bad. Death is one of the cheapest commodity in Nigeria. Insecurity in Nigeria is very terrible and for those idiot one chance people may it never be well with them. Police on their own too na another matter.
Re: Greatness Olorunfemi: Father Of Abuja 'One Chance' Victim Speaks by gfon(m): 1:19pm On Oct 06, 2023
densiks:

I was once a victim of an attack on the road some years ago and my father rushed me to a private hospital(I consider that she was assisted by some strangers)

I was quickly rushed to another facility and from there an emergency doctor was summoned and the hospital services were activated to attend to me.

sometimes an accident victim could be in a critical condition that even rushing him/her up and down can kill the person from trauma already. The hospital killed that lady, what's worse is that it's even a government hospital, so what does the government actually do for it's citizens? Cause I'm still thinking what's the need of all the taxes people keep paying
Re: Greatness Olorunfemi: Father Of Abuja 'One Chance' Victim Speaks by chachanga: 1:51pm On Oct 06, 2023
densiks:

I was once a victim of an attack on the road some years ago and my father rushed me to a private hospital(I consider that she was assisted by some strangers)

I was quickly rushed to another facility and from there an emergency doctor was summoned and the hospital services were activated to attend to me.

It's a complicated matter.

Nobody would want to keep driving her around till she dies in their custody. They'd want to try their best at getting the present place to accept her.

Besides, explaining how you came into possession of a dead body never ends well with the Nigerian Police.

2 Likes

Re: Greatness Olorunfemi: Father Of Abuja 'One Chance' Victim Speaks by Calitoscassius(m): 1:55pm On Oct 06, 2023
So who is he blaming? The one chance criminals, the hospital that demanded for police reports? Or the police?

This system of police report before treatments has being applied for years and some Naigerians supports it. And the people who supports it may fall victim of it one day.

And he believes that God is the giver and taker of life an that God it was God's doing, what justice is he demanding for again?

People should start being realistic and stop all these God gives and takes life nonsense.

The Naigerian mediocre system and the believe that God will do everything is total rubbish. More people have died as a result of these achaic believes and system and more will die.

I fail to comprehend the policy of a police report before treatment, Hospitals are for treatments not for policing, police should do their jobs and leave doctors do their jobs.
Re: Greatness Olorunfemi: Father Of Abuja 'One Chance' Victim Speaks by TONYE001(m): 1:56pm On Oct 06, 2023
Billionairly:
How Sad! Nigeria Happened to Her, many thousands of similar stories like hers never made it to the news, May Her Gently soul Rest In Peace.

However in solidarity of an Omulabi as president. I think other omulabis should shun traveling or studying abroad for now. Onto Awalokan! and Ronu!

All true Omulabis especially the Muslims, should stay back, support and enjoy the handwork of the master strategist Tinubu himself. There are beautiful beaches across the SW, if you want to holiday, Top notch educational educational institutions are also situated there. If want to see skycrapers go to marina in lagos, if you to enter monorail train, one is now operating in lasgidi, The best hospitals are also the SW. So why travel when a yoruba muslim is finally now a president. Stay back in solidarity, so that you feel the good works of your own. Those who are already abroad should relocate.

And All the Embassies, customs at the airport and seaports should Reject OUT RIGHTLY any Yoruba muslim from traveling out for whatever reasons whatsoever. The christian yorubas should have their Social media checked to make sure of their Political affiliations before being considered to leave. Those muslim omulabis who spend more time abroad than in nigeria should have their residency revoked, so they can be in nigeria to enjoy the good works of our great president. This is my opinion with good intentions.

Why bring politics into this sensitive issue?

And, by the way, Tinubu got votes across Nigeria, not just "SW Muslims."

1 Like

Re: Greatness Olorunfemi: Father Of Abuja 'One Chance' Victim Speaks by UnabashedIPOB: 1:59pm On Oct 06, 2023
It's so sad for a parent to lose a child and even worse when the loss is senseless and could have been prevented if you're actually in a country. The country, Liegeria, is a crime scene and I am sorry to say that Liegeria has happened to this family. But the annoying part is for the father of the deceased to adduce the death of his child to the will of GOD, hence -"We did not know that it was irreversible. God is not our errand boy who must do what we ask him to do. He will only do what he thinks fit to do"- instead of blaming the country that made the death possible. If this incident had happened in a different country you can bet your life that the outcome would have been different. All I am trying to say is that until Liegerians STOP ascribing everything to GOD and either start putting the blame squarely where it belongs or take responsibility for their own actions, they will NEVER get out of this quagmire.
Re: Greatness Olorunfemi: Father Of Abuja 'One Chance' Victim Speaks by Realguyman1(m): 2:09pm On Oct 06, 2023
9jabox:
Why hospital go reject patient sef? Just why?

This country still get a long way to go o.
That question should be directed to the Nigeria police force and the Nigeria government
Re: Greatness Olorunfemi: Father Of Abuja 'One Chance' Victim Speaks by Realguyman1(m): 2:11pm On Oct 06, 2023
UnemployedGradu:

Why must hospital request for a doctor's report before treating someone that was shot?? Can't they just be treating the person and inform the cops?
The Nigeria police force and the Nigeria government is the best to answer ur question
Re: Greatness Olorunfemi: Father Of Abuja 'One Chance' Victim Speaks by Realguyman1(m): 2:14pm On Oct 06, 2023
Angelfrost:
This is just SAD... And even more sadly, the hospital staff and head will go unpunished or unreprimanded.

We constantly pay lip service to basic things... How can a hospital refuse to treat someone whether stabbed or shot in the name of fearing police prosecution... That's unacceptable and inexcusable.

Papa, abeg sue that hospital and every bastard working there.

If people call Naija 4th world Zoo, some of you will say they are speaking negatively of their nation... Even if the person injured is a known terrorist, that still doesn't excuse not treating him. You can restrain or handcuff him while administering treatment, then notify the police to come guard or investigate.

Nothing should come in between saving lives... This shit is beyond outdated! In 2023??! What a shame! Tueh!!! undecided
At the bolded, why will they be punish? I don't understand most of u guys o. Were they the ones who made the law?
Re: Greatness Olorunfemi: Father Of Abuja 'One Chance' Victim Speaks by Realguyman1(m): 2:16pm On Oct 06, 2023
mbahdi:
Very wicked hospitals
Then what about the Nigeria government and police who made the law in the first place?
Re: Greatness Olorunfemi: Father Of Abuja 'One Chance' Victim Speaks by EleventhWeirdo: 2:22pm On Oct 06, 2023
Billionairly:
How Sad! Nigeria Happened to Her, many thousands of similar stories like hers never made it to the news, May Her Gently soul Rest In Peace.

However in solidarity of an Omulabi as president. I think other omulabis should shun traveling or studying abroad for now. Onto Awalokan! and Ronu!

All true Omulabis especially the Muslims, should stay back, support and enjoy the handwork of the master strategist Tinubu himself. There are beautiful beaches across the SW, if you want to holiday, Top notch educational educational institutions are also situated there. If want to see skycrapers go to marina in lagos, if you to enter monorail train, one is now operating in lasgidi, The best hospitals are also the SW. So why travel when a yoruba muslim is finally now a president. Stay back in solidarity, so that you feel the good works of your own. Those who are already abroad should relocate.

And All the Embassies, customs at the airport and seaports should Reject OUT RIGHTLY any Yoruba muslim from traveling out for whatever reasons whatsoever. The christian yorubas should have their Social media checked to make sure of their Political affiliations before being considered to leave. Those muslim omulabis who spend more time abroad than in nigeria should have their residency revoked, so they can be in nigeria to enjoy the good works of our great president. This is my opinion with good intentions.

Your sense be like that of panda, it decreases as you grow. I expect you to cry for the next 8 years over the loss of your pand0ra, 1p0b bandit
Re: Greatness Olorunfemi: Father Of Abuja 'One Chance' Victim Speaks by Leadforteservic: 2:23pm On Oct 06, 2023
Exactly! The priority should be to save life first then any other thing should follow. One carton of Heineken for your statement sir
UnemployedGradu:

Why must hospital request for a doctor's report before treating someone that was shot?? Can't they just be treating the person and inform the cops?
Re: Greatness Olorunfemi: Father Of Abuja 'One Chance' Victim Speaks by bizzibodi(m): 2:25pm On Oct 06, 2023
densiks:

What if d private health facility rejected her also... remember d driver is a good Samaritan who will not have money for deposits d hospital will demand before treatment.
Re: Greatness Olorunfemi: Father Of Abuja 'One Chance' Victim Speaks by Mrniceguy001: 2:25pm On Oct 06, 2023
I'll rather be a security man in a first world country than be a CEO in Nigeria.

God help us.

If Nigeria hasn't happened to you, you won't understand. May this beautiful soul keep resting.
Re: Greatness Olorunfemi: Father Of Abuja 'One Chance' Victim Speaks by ceejayluv(m): 2:27pm On Oct 06, 2023
densiks:

In such situations, minutes or seconds matter... Moving patients from one facility to another often turns Fatal.
Laws should be passed to jail any Doctor that refuses to administer even if it's first aid at least.

1 Like

Re: Greatness Olorunfemi: Father Of Abuja 'One Chance' Victim Speaks by Calitoscassius(m): 2:31pm On Oct 06, 2023
ceejayluv:

In such situations, minutes or seconds matter... Moving patients from one facility to another often turns Fatal.
Laws should be passed to jail any Doctor that refuses to administer even if it's first aid at least.
Jail doctors who refuses to administer treatment? Just listen to yourself. In what planet are you living? Everyone coming out with emotional nonsense. If you begin to jail doctors i wonder what kinda society you would end up in.

So where are the blames for the one chance criminals? Jail doctors and let the criminals go i guess. In your views
Re: Greatness Olorunfemi: Father Of Abuja 'One Chance' Victim Speaks by BarrElChapo(m): 2:34pm On Oct 06, 2023
dinkyicon:
be updated. It's been abolished since

Oh good. Then it should be a grounds to sue the hospital, set a precedent cos it seems many are either not aware or careless.

1 Like

Re: Greatness Olorunfemi: Father Of Abuja 'One Chance' Victim Speaks by Goddeywithme: 2:38pm On Oct 06, 2023
densiks:

We need to change the law that prevents hospitals from treating gun shot victims until a police report is received. That private hospital that treated you could have been in trouble with the law if reported. That is the solution here. You could have died while being transported to another hospital. Every second is important
Re: Greatness Olorunfemi: Father Of Abuja 'One Chance' Victim Speaks by Calitoscassius(m): 2:39pm On Oct 06, 2023
UnemployedGradu:

This system has being in practise for years and Naigerians support it.

When something else happens in an incident involves a murderer being treated without police report people would still complain why did doctors not demand for police report.

The people that should take the blame are the one chance criminals not doctors or hodpitals.
Re: Greatness Olorunfemi: Father Of Abuja 'One Chance' Victim Speaks by kingthreat(m): 2:47pm On Oct 06, 2023
densiks:

The people that rushed her were strangers. Good samaritans. Don't fault them in any way.

2 Likes

Re: Greatness Olorunfemi: Father Of Abuja 'One Chance' Victim Speaks by Pennilessword1: 3:05pm On Oct 06, 2023
May those people never know peace
Re: Greatness Olorunfemi: Father Of Abuja 'One Chance' Victim Speaks by Neoteny7: 3:18pm On Oct 06, 2023
densiks:

It's the police who made that inhumane rule.
Re: Greatness Olorunfemi: Father Of Abuja 'One Chance' Victim Speaks by davillian(m): 3:49pm On Oct 06, 2023
That thing is too common in Abuja
And the most annoying part is everybody would just mind Thier business and drive pass even if you are screening or shouting

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

8-Year-Old Rape Victim Dies Of Infection In Lagos (Photos) / How To Avoid Ritualist Hotspots, Kidnappers & Ritual Killers: Share Your View / Youth Corpers Say NO To Rape! (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.