Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,178 members, 7,860,234 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 08:08 AM

Adopt Visa-On-Arrival Reciprocity Or Face Retaliation: Minister, Tunji-Ojo - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Adopt Visa-On-Arrival Reciprocity Or Face Retaliation: Minister, Tunji-Ojo (35913 Views)

Interior Minister, Tunji-Ojo Receives Ambassador Of Israel To Nigeria / YPP Gives Tinubu 48 Hours To Suspend Interior Minister, Tunji-Ojo / Tinubu Summons Interior Minister, Tunji-Ojo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Adopt Visa-On-Arrival Reciprocity Or Face Retaliation: Minister, Tunji-Ojo by BreconHills(m): 3:10pm On Oct 06, 2023
t2luv1:

People that steal money from Nigeria's coffers always try to put their money in foreign banks, mind you these are the people who actually know the situation within that country very well. So why should I bring my money into that country and invest? I freaking guess ain't that stupid after all. That imaginary ROI you quoting is hogwash, not with an unstable currency exchange. I will let you in on a secret, the new Dangote refinery according to the Bloomberg newsletter that I subscribed to is now scheduled to start producing in the early part of 2025 but
reading Nigeria's newspapers and coming from this current administration they expect Production to start this year in November. How can one make a sound business decision with information like that? In business sound information and Data in gold.

Precisely

Nigeria is a frontier market not a G7 standard and that means accurate financial information is hard to get. It is also an unsafe country which means high risk. Anyone who knows just a wee amount of investing knows that return and risk are tightly corellated.

So yes widows and pension funds are not coming here. But there are some types of high gearing funds that are. Even within the G7 economies, some portfolio constituents are allocated to high risk.
countries.

Then let's ignore the portfolio investors and let's look at investments in the real sector - again a large undeserved market with a huge informal market represents a good choice for some investors. A friend has just secured $12 million for a healthcare project. A new factory for solar has just opened on the Lekki - Epe expressway. When you see dysfunction, others see opportunity.

And that devalued currency? It is an excellent opportunity to invest. Will the rate be higher than this in two years time, three years time? That's the bet that investors are making. And they are making it. It doesn't have to energy guzzling plants. It can be a guy and his dog - buts investment, its real.

Which city has attracted the largest tech investments in Africa over a three year period? Lagos. Opay $400m series C Flutterwave $250m and there is much more.
As a market matures it yields predictable returns but in frontier markets the fluctuations are huge. And there are specific investors who play this type of market.

I know this doesn't fit the narrative of Japa or political opposition. But it is what it is.

Take a read https://technext24.com/2023/06/19/sub-saharan-africa-early-stage-funding/
Re: Adopt Visa-On-Arrival Reciprocity Or Face Retaliation: Minister, Tunji-Ojo by Ukalejohn(m): 3:10pm On Oct 06, 2023
Very good I must say
Re: Adopt Visa-On-Arrival Reciprocity Or Face Retaliation: Minister, Tunji-Ojo by Omodua(m): 3:12pm On Oct 06, 2023
FirstSense:
The new president coming in should retain the likes of this guy and also the minister of works.
Hmmmmm

Me I no understand o!
Re: Adopt Visa-On-Arrival Reciprocity Or Face Retaliation: Minister, Tunji-Ojo by FreeStuffsNG: 3:20pm On Oct 06, 2023
Omodua:

Nobody knows you or sends you as a person. You are hiding behind a moniker to promote secession and treason. I will only help you with enough digital footprints for the relevant agencies that track criminal seditious elements like you to do their job. Any unpatriotic element is not useful to any nation. Even the Nairaland that you want to start using for criminal act was built by a proud Nigerian.

Omodua:

South East is ready to exit Nigeria and everybody will have rest instead of throwing insults.
Calm down. If you have problem with your identity, speak for yourself. I am not confused about who I am and where I belong. I have made my point on how sane fair minded people all over the world collaborate by reciprocity. If you want to keep holding your own resources to yourself, don't turn around and blame others if they do same.

Even within SE, situations that make reciprocity absolutely necessary is not new and when Anambra state recently insisted it will only recruit its own indigenes alone, indigenes of other states will require reciprocity from their own states for justice. Only collaboration by reciprocity will stop what Anambra is doing.

If you don't want to be a Nigerian, it's none of my business. The last time I checked, southeast is inside Nigeria and has people and patriotic Nigerians representing it at all levels of government and armed Forces in Nigeria. If you are in doubt, here's SE inside Nigeria like poor tiny Lesotho that lives off like a parasite on SA, inside SA

Re: Adopt Visa-On-Arrival Reciprocity Or Face Retaliation: Minister, Tunji-Ojo by Octopusssy(f): 3:21pm On Oct 06, 2023
Action minister! I hope he keeps up the momento
Re: Adopt Visa-On-Arrival Reciprocity Or Face Retaliation: Minister, Tunji-Ojo by OluOwolabi: 3:23pm On Oct 06, 2023
plaetton:

You people live in a Dystopian universe.
Nigeria needs foreign investors now more than ever.
Majority of the countries in the world do NOT need Nigeria or Nigerians for investment, tourism or any other economic value. There are currently hundreds of thousands or even millions of Nigerian economic refugees spread accross every country on earth.

Therefore morons, Nigeria does not have the clout to demand anything from any country whatsoever.

Every country in the world with sane leaders court investors and tourists to come and invest and spend money.

Nigeria, this Dystopian paradise, threatens and admonishes the potential foreign investors that it so desperately needs.
Na wa ooo
We have the resources they need to develop their lands.... most of those countries source their resources from outside. Not many countries in the world have resources in abundance the way Nigeria does.
Re: Adopt Visa-On-Arrival Reciprocity Or Face Retaliation: Minister, Tunji-Ojo by seguno2: 3:24pm On Oct 06, 2023
TemplarLandry:
The appointment of Honorable Olubunmi Ojo is another testament to the fact that Jagaban has the special skill of spotting talents.

The Interior Minister has an in-depth understanding of his job. He keeps impressing us.

#RenewedHope

Empty talk to excite those who can’t ask questions.

How much do these countries need Nigerians, compared to how Nigerians need them
Re: Adopt Visa-On-Arrival Reciprocity Or Face Retaliation: Minister, Tunji-Ojo by GloriousGbola: 3:26pm On Oct 06, 2023
Octopusssy:
Action minister! I hope he keeps up the momento

Its just talk. You think he we turn away potential investors? All these issues are because most of our travellers are not tourists or even genuine immigrants but riff raff who think they can export our anyhow behavior

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Adopt Visa-On-Arrival Reciprocity Or Face Retaliation: Minister, Tunji-Ojo by seguno2: 3:26pm On Oct 06, 2023
OluOwolabi:

We have the resources they need to develop their lands.... most of those countries source their resources from outside. Not many countries in the world have resources in abundance the way Nigeria does.

Balablu town hall bullshiting.
Do we have the technology to make us know what resources we have, without giving visas to foreigners to help us?
Are we no longer the country with the highest number of children out of school

Dey there dey play.
Re: Adopt Visa-On-Arrival Reciprocity Or Face Retaliation: Minister, Tunji-Ojo by Timmi: 3:28pm On Oct 06, 2023
Re: Adopt Visa-On-Arrival Reciprocity Or Face Retaliation: Minister, Tunji-Ojo by solex75(m): 3:34pm On Oct 06, 2023
Glister:

I beg to differ!..He is not a smart man at all..its not until when one speaks English and use urchins like you to spread a false narrative that he is doing right.
1st the country is in need of investors and investment..People are leaving exodus style ..And you want to compound it further ..A weak economy already should not be doing buga,they should make it viable for investments to flow in from everywhere 1st..they 1st to ensure the economy is thriving up before doing such..

I agree πŸ’― with you.
Re: Adopt Visa-On-Arrival Reciprocity Or Face Retaliation: Minister, Tunji-Ojo by muhammadhan19: 3:36pm On Oct 06, 2023
Heard a lot n also witnessed the beautiful works he did as house of rep when I travelled to my hometown a year ago.... The praises, accolades from every angle of city honouring him from everyone. His a top performer n I wish him more excellence...
Proud to be from the same town with this honourable gentleman.
I prays he keep up n inshallah in coming years, will would be discussing about aspiring for Governorship n Presidency (Hon. BTO) 😊πŸ₯°πŸ˜Š
Re: Adopt Visa-On-Arrival Reciprocity Or Face Retaliation: Minister, Tunji-Ojo by Omodua(m): 3:39pm On Oct 06, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:
Calm down. If you have problem with your identity, speak for yourself. I am not confused about who I am and where I belong. I have made my point on how sane fair minded people all over the world collaborate by reciprocity. If you want to keep holding your own resources to yourself, don't turn around and blame others if they do same.

Even within SE, situations that make reciprocity absolutely necessary is not new and when Anambra state recently insisted it will only recruit its own indigenes alone, indigenes of other states will require reciprocity from their own states for justice.

If you don't want to be a Nigerian, it's none of my business. The last time I checked, southeast is inside Nigeria and has people and patriotic Nigerians representing it at all levels of government and armed Forces in Nigeria. If you are in doubt, here's SE inside Nigeria like poor tiny Lesotho that lives off like a parasite on SA, inside SA
Self determination is enshrined in United Nations Charter.

You can't live with a people who are culturally and religiously diverse. Just like strange bedfellows. And this is why people of southeast wants to exit Nigeria. The progress of the people has been eroded because it occupies space with wrong people.

If we are same country,why should a renegade and simpleton, aka Bayo Onanuga open his dirty mouth to insult a whole ethnic group even though he has Lagos identity complex phobia?

Enough of pretensions. Let's go our separate ways so no lazy brat who has mortgaged his heritage would come and spew nonsense!
Re: Adopt Visa-On-Arrival Reciprocity Or Face Retaliation: Minister, Tunji-Ojo by Blazebond(m): 3:41pm On Oct 06, 2023
Simple as ABC, any Nigerian that counters this argument is a certified SLAVE,from hence fort it should be tit-for-tat
Re: Adopt Visa-On-Arrival Reciprocity Or Face Retaliation: Minister, Tunji-Ojo by Blazebond(m): 3:44pm On Oct 06, 2023
Keep your small mind to yourself, every nation has the right to do what she wants, Nigeria will do to the u.s what Nigeria wants and nothing will happen.

quote author=wittywriter post=126233096]VOA process for Nigerians by some countries is DOA! If you know you know.

Stop playing...America?

...your hardwork to read is noted...some of us prefer smartwork for better comprehensive output...once again stop playing.

Wittyness.[/quote]
Re: Adopt Visa-On-Arrival Reciprocity Or Face Retaliation: Minister, Tunji-Ojo by Nobody: 3:46pm On Oct 06, 2023
Osoboshi:
u just wrote out what I was thinking.

Nigerians like leaders who tell them what they want to hear, sort of massage their egos and that is where it ends. Nothing more will come out of it. Your leaders are still going to those countries cap-in-hand to beg for loans and foreign investors.

Wait until Ghana and Cotonou start demanding visas from Nigeria. To have any kind of bargaining power, you will have to fix the country.

Wait until they ban Tinubu from coming into their countries for medical tourism, na babalawo hospitals for Nigeria go treat mr presido!
Re: Adopt Visa-On-Arrival Reciprocity Or Face Retaliation: Minister, Tunji-Ojo by Blazebond(m): 3:48pm On Oct 06, 2023
Massiveglory:
While the interior minister should be commended for this move, he must understand that visa on arrival is not a threat or war thing.

No nation will deny a fellow nation visa on arrival for no reason.
I know of a certain tourist country in africa where visa on arrival was available until some months ago. Even to get the visa from their embassy as a Nigerian is a long thing.
Right now they have joined Nigeria to countries like syria, Pakistan, Afghanistan, etc. The visa on arrival is gone.

Upon all these , we are now having a leader that is a certified fraudster and identity confusionist.
Mr minister, you know what that means. Quit all these aluta talks.

We need to tell ourselves the truth, do the needful and take our country to where it is supposed to be.
You can't have a fraudster in power and expect nations to respect you.

You are mumu,an slowpoke,a load of fool,keep to slave mentality mindset to yourself,as we are queuing at their embassies here that's the same way they are going to queue at our embassies there now,idiots like you never ever grade themselves in a better light,na people like una women dey use do yeye everywhere so, NAIRALAND mugus.
Re: Adopt Visa-On-Arrival Reciprocity Or Face Retaliation: Minister, Tunji-Ojo by Octopusssy(f): 3:48pm On Oct 06, 2023
GloriousGbola:

Its just talk. You think he we turn away potential investors? All these issues are because most of our travellers are not tourists or even genuine immigrants but riff raff who think they can export our anyhow behavior
With all the yeyerity going on, the foreign investors are still not coming.
Re: Adopt Visa-On-Arrival Reciprocity Or Face Retaliation: Minister, Tunji-Ojo by nakoks(m): 3:48pm On Oct 06, 2023
TemplarLandry:
The appointment of Honorable Olubunmi Ojo is another testament to the fact that Jagaban has the special skill of spotting talents.

The Interior Minister has an in-depth understanding of his job. He keeps impressing us.

#RenewedHope
If there were an Interpreter , One amongst a thousand
Re: Adopt Visa-On-Arrival Reciprocity Or Face Retaliation: Minister, Tunji-Ojo by zoedew: 3:52pm On Oct 06, 2023
Massiveglory:
While the interior minister should be commended for this move, he must understand that visa on arrival is not a threat or war thing.

No nation will deny a fellow nation visa on arrival for no reason.
I know of a certain tourist country in africa where visa on arrival was available until some months ago. Even to get the visa from their embassy as a Nigerian is a long thing.
Right now they have joined Nigeria to countries like syria, Pakistan, Afghanistan, etc. The visa on arrival is gone.

Upon all these , we are now having a leader that is a certified fraudster and identity confusionist.
Mr minister, you know what that means. Quit all these aluta talks.

We need to tell ourselves the truth, do the needful and take our country to where it is supposed to be.
You can't have a fraudster in power and expect nations to respect you.

YOU DO DISSERVICE TO YOURSELF WHEN YOU SAY YOUR PRESIDENT IS A CERTIFIED FORGER. WHICH COURT MADE SUCH A PRONOUNCEMENT?
Re: Adopt Visa-On-Arrival Reciprocity Or Face Retaliation: Minister, Tunji-Ojo by Osoboshi: 3:58pm On Oct 06, 2023
Skyview01:

Nigerians like leaders who tell them what they want to hear, sort of massage their egos and that is where it ends. Nothing more will come out of it. Your leaders are still going to those countries cap-in-hand to beg for loans and foreign investors.

Wait until Ghana and Cotonou start demanding visas from Nigeria. To have any kind of bargaining power, you will have to fix the country.

Wait until they ban Tinubu from coming into their countries for medical tourism, na babalawo hospitals for Nigeria go treat mr presido!
what you said is so true,ppl just want candy for their ears.
Wish more ppl like u that look at things critically would be on the internet,but for now phew,the empty headed noise makers are everywhere
Re: Adopt Visa-On-Arrival Reciprocity Or Face Retaliation: Minister, Tunji-Ojo by Larryndelaw: 4:00pm On Oct 06, 2023
plaetton:

Majority of the countries in the world do NOT need Nigeria or Nigerians for investment, tourism or any other economic value. There are currently hundreds of thousands or even millions of Nigerian economic refugees spread accross every country on earth.

Therefore morons, Nigeria does not have the clout to demand anything from any country whatsoever.

Every country in the world with sane leaders court investors and tourists to come and invest and spend money.

Nigeria, this Dystopian paradise, threatens and admonishes the potential foreign investors that it so desperately needs.
Na wa ooo
You think they font need Nigeria but they are stealing minerals resources badly in some states.Nigeria is where the market is. They need Nigeria.
Re: Adopt Visa-On-Arrival Reciprocity Or Face Retaliation: Minister, Tunji-Ojo by middlebelter(m): 4:08pm On Oct 06, 2023
I hope he follow through this pronouncements. He is changing immigration service and the horror they subject Nigerians before getting passport and now this. Where the Ogbeni Rauf Aregbesola failed, he is shinning. Keep is up.
Re: Adopt Visa-On-Arrival Reciprocity Or Face Retaliation: Minister, Tunji-Ojo by d142475: 4:12pm On Oct 06, 2023
No country is an island, but compared to other African countries, Nigeria is one country, whose well-qaulified and wealthy diaspora population is a gold mine waiting to be unleashed. Our primary "foreign investors" are the Nigerian diaspora population. Do you know how many diasporas Nigerians are itching to invest in Nigeria? We should target them instead of Indians and Lebanese, Chinese, and those Oybios, who are coming here to make a killing. At the risk of sounding naive or isolationist, I dare say that Nigeria will be just fine if we created the right atmosphere (power, road, security, and ease of doing business) for Nigerians-both at home and those abroad. We are one of the few African countries where the ultra rich are indigenous. Nigeria is blessed with enormous human and capital resources. I don't think many people realize how tremendously blessed we are.
plaetton:

Na wa ooo

1 Like

Re: Adopt Visa-On-Arrival Reciprocity Or Face Retaliation: Minister, Tunji-Ojo by t2luv1: 4:16pm On Oct 06, 2023
BreconHills:

Precisely

Nigeria is a frontier market not a G7 standard and that means accurate financial information is hard to get. It is also an unsafe country which means high risk. Anyone who knows just a wee amount of investing knows that return and risk are tightly corellated.

So yes widows and pension funds are not coming here. But there are some types of high gearing funds that are. Even within the G7 economies, some portfolio constituents are allocated to high risk.
countries.

Then let's ignore the portfolio investors and let's look at investments in the real sector - again a large undeserved market with a huge informal market represents a good choice for some investors. A friend has just secured $12 million for a healthcare project. A new factory for solar has just opened on the Lekki - Epe expressway. When you see dysfunction, others see opportunity.

And that devalued currency? It is an excellent opportunity to invest. Will the rate be higher than this in two years time, three years time? That's the bet that investors are making. And they are making it. It doesn't have to energy guzzling plants. It can be a guy and his dog - buts investment, its real.

Which city has attracted the largest tech investments in Africa over a three year period? Lagos. Opay $400m series C Flutterwave $250m and there is much more.
As a market matures it yields predictable returns but in frontier markets the fluctuations are huge. And there are specific investors who play this type of market.

I know this doesn't fit the narrative of Japa or political opposition. But it is what it is.

Take a read https://technext24.com/2023/06/19/sub-saharan-africa-early-stage-funding/

I totally agree with your write-up. I am putting some money into Nigeria-oriented index fund with an average return of over 25% as compared to the generic 8% in the broader market who wouldn't. The risk ratio to return is in play here.
Re: Adopt Visa-On-Arrival Reciprocity Or Face Retaliation: Minister, Tunji-Ojo by omolola12345(m): 4:33pm On Oct 06, 2023
Good and great development. Other ministers should also let us see their impact ASAP.
Re: Adopt Visa-On-Arrival Reciprocity Or Face Retaliation: Minister, Tunji-Ojo by BreconHills(m): 4:37pm On Oct 06, 2023
t2luv1:

I totally agree with your write-up. I am putting some money into Nigeria-oriented index fund with an average return of over 25% as compared to the generic 8% in the broader market who wouldn't. The risk ratio to return is in play here.

πŸ‘

Re: Adopt Visa-On-Arrival Reciprocity Or Face Retaliation: Minister, Tunji-Ojo by Babatojibola: 5:25pm On Oct 06, 2023
BEST NEWS I'VE READ FROM MY BELOVED COUNTRY THIS YEAR
Re: Adopt Visa-On-Arrival Reciprocity Or Face Retaliation: Minister, Tunji-Ojo by Growing(m): 5:39pm On Oct 06, 2023
Seems good
Re: Adopt Visa-On-Arrival Reciprocity Or Face Retaliation: Minister, Tunji-Ojo by Calitoscassius(m): 5:44pm On Oct 06, 2023
Unfortunately no foreigner is goinh to Naigeria where they d be kidnapped and their are no electricity. grin
Re: Adopt Visa-On-Arrival Reciprocity Or Face Retaliation: Minister, Tunji-Ojo by plaetton: 5:48pm On Oct 06, 2023
d142475:
No country is an island, but compared to other African countries, Nigeria is one country, whose well-qaulified and wealthy diaspora population is a gold mine waiting to be unleashed. Our primary "foreign investors" are the Nigerian diaspora population. Do you know how many diasporas Nigerians are itching to invest in Nigeria? We should target them instead of Indians and Lebanese, Chinese, and those Oybios, who are coming here to make a killing. At the risk of sounding naive or isolationist, I dare say that Nigeria will be just fine if we created the right atmosphere (power, road, security, and ease of doing business) for Nigerians-both at home and those abroad. We are one of the few African countries where the ultra rich are indigenous. Nigeria is blessed with enormous human and capital resources. I don't think many people realize how tremendously blessed we are.
Gbam gbam 100%.
I am one those diaspora investors who have invested in many different ventures and various asset classes over the years.
I have also brought in foreign investors , who afterwards, considered their Nigerian experience the worst in their business careers.

My verdict is that Nigeria is probably the worst place on earth to invest and do business, unless the business involves colluding with corrupt public officials to steal something.

Rather blowing this hot air grounded on a deluded sense of importance, the government should court and provide an enabling environment for local businesses to thrive . When that happens, the local business people would invite their foreign partners to invest in Nigeria.
Potential Foreign investors are not blind, deaf and dumb. They get firsthand economic intelligence information from their embassies and missions in Nigeria.
Re: Adopt Visa-On-Arrival Reciprocity Or Face Retaliation: Minister, Tunji-Ojo by plaetton: 5:50pm On Oct 06, 2023
plaetton:

Gbam gbam 100%.
I am one of those diaspora investors who have invested in many different ventures and various asset classes over the years.
I have also brought in foreign investors , who afterwards, considered their Nigerian experience the worst in their business careers.

My verdict is that Nigeria is probably the worst place on earth to invest and do business, unless the business involves colluding with corrupt public officials to steal something.

Rather than blowing this hot air grounded on a deluded sense of importance, the government should court and provide an enabling environment for local businesses to thrive .
When that happens, the local business people would invite their foreign partners to invest in Nigeria.
Potential Foreign investors are not blind, deaf and dumb. They get firsthand economic intelligence information from their embassies and missions in Nigeria.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Senators On Tour Of Federal Roads In South-East Nigeria (Photos) / I Couldn't Take Diezani's N450m Because It Was Too Huge For My Jeep - Belgore / INEC Declares Yahaya Abdullahi Winner In Niger State, Cancels Rerun Election

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.