Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,892 members, 7,828,156 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 03:38 AM

112,351 Passports Uncollected, Says Immigration - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 112,351 Passports Uncollected, Says Immigration (8163 Views)

BREAKING: I Tested Positive For Coronavirus, Says Immigration Boss, Babandede / Border Closure : No Going Back Says Immigration Comptroller General. / PDP Reveals What APC ‘plans’ To Do With Uncollected PVCs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 112,351 Passports Uncollected, Says Immigration by NinjaMetahuman: 9:13am On Oct 08, 2023
Akeem79:

You believe this article?
did you apply for passport or know anyone that applied and didn't get his passport on time?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 112,351 Passports Uncollected, Says Immigration by NinjaMetahuman: 9:15am On Oct 08, 2023
kaludestiny10:
It's a good one. But the NIS should create a system where applicants will be notified to come pick up their passport once it is ready for collection. I believe this will make the collection process a seamless one.
there is a system actually.

You can check online if your passport is ready for collection.

But they need to do it through text message and emails. And also paterner with couriers to have it delivered to you.

And I heard the minister is already planning that on the next phase.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 112,351 Passports Uncollected, Says Immigration by Afamed: 9:18am On Oct 08, 2023
NinjaMetahuman:
did you apply for passport or know anyone that applied and didn't get his passport on time?

Don't waste your time to engage such person

Any positive news about the country, they don't like it

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 112,351 Passports Uncollected, Says Immigration by Bahdguyishere: 9:35am On Oct 08, 2023
thesicilian:
How do you know if your passport is ready without having to visit the passport office physically
They have collection day on the print out that will be given to you.
Re: 112,351 Passports Uncollected, Says Immigration by Enny2013(f): 9:35am On Oct 08, 2023
Afamed:

It's functioning.
aa_ajiboye@yahoo.com

Note: after aa it is underscore(_) that follows it not dash
aa_ajiboye@yahoo.com
Tnx,bro.

Since d first announcement,I have written d minister of interior himself, no response. No response from NIS and Servicom as well.
Passport renewal/COD...since March. I have spent n had gone to ABUJA 4 times. The officer in charge had collected #333000 already,still no tangible result.
Re: 112,351 Passports Uncollected, Says Immigration by Bahdguyishere: 9:37am On Oct 08, 2023
I applied online about two weeks ago, did my capturing on Wednesday last week and my collection date is Monday tommorow.
Re: 112,351 Passports Uncollected, Says Immigration by crowther15(m): 9:43am On Oct 08, 2023
thesicilian:
How do you know if your passport is ready without having to visit the passport office physically

There is no way ooo. At least they could have sent messages to their phone numbers. Or sent them email.
Re: 112,351 Passports Uncollected, Says Immigration by crowther15(m): 9:46am On Oct 08, 2023
NinjaMetahuman:
there is a system actually.

You can check online if your passport is ready for collection.

But they need to do it through text message and emails. And also paterner with couriers to have it delivered to you.

And I heard the minister is already planning that on the next phase.

That online system does not show if it is ready or not. It would only tell if it has been collected.
Re: 112,351 Passports Uncollected, Says Immigration by Afamed: 9:54am On Oct 08, 2023
Enny2013:

Tnx,bro.

Since d first announcement,I have written d minister of interior himself, no response. No response from NIS and Servicom as well.
Passport renewal/COD...since March. I have spent n had gone to ABUJA 4 times. The officer in charge had collected #333000 already,still no tangible result.

Good, send mail to that address. With your information and also , there is a number provided in the thread . Also send text messages or call the number.
Just check the thread , you will see the number there

1 Like

Re: 112,351 Passports Uncollected, Says Immigration by Abdulhakeem7(m): 10:53am On Oct 08, 2023
Blue3k:

Lol you know where they live. Just mail it back to them. What does NIPOST exist for if government agencies don't even want to patronize them? It's mentioned there's going to be a cost in the future so why can't it be factored into the price of the passport?
It's not a good idea to mail it to their addresses, some of them might have changed the addresses they used during application and some may even have died
Re: 112,351 Passports Uncollected, Says Immigration by papyjaypaul: 11:01am On Oct 08, 2023
Zupay:

Many would have changed address, so they have to update their addresses on the NIS portal then NIPOST deliver them.
NIPOST will only deliver if they get your ID. They can call too. NIPOST is not as bad as you make it look. Have you shipped package from abroad through NIPOST? Give them wrong name, oyo is your name. You will go to court to collect it
Re: 112,351 Passports Uncollected, Says Immigration by papyjaypaul: 11:06am On Oct 08, 2023
Enny2013:

This email address isn't functional,bro.
Don't waste your time sending the mail
Re: 112,351 Passports Uncollected, Says Immigration by papyjaypaul: 11:08am On Oct 08, 2023
Abdulhakeem7:
It's not a good idea to mail it to their addresses, some of them might have changed the addresses they used during application and some may even have died
They can always call you before delivery. This thing no hard. Let's stop making it look like 100% will change their addresses or #
If the procedure says 2 weeks after application, you will get it, you sef will plan with that info. If landlord send u away, u will put notice because passport is important 2u abd u r expecting sth
They can even ask security questions first
Ask this same NIS how they do it abroad. They are not foolish, corruption in Nigeria is what is making them look like a fool
Is this not the same country jumia is delivering in
Re: 112,351 Passports Uncollected, Says Immigration by Enny2013(f): 2:45pm On Oct 08, 2023
papyjaypaul:
Don't waste your time sending the mail
Lol..
Why?
Re: 112,351 Passports Uncollected, Says Immigration by Afamed: 5:32pm On Oct 08, 2023
Enny2013:

Lol..
Why?
Pls don't allow the lazy youth to discourage you.

They are not ready to make any impact

I have sent mails and text to them and they both aknowledged my mails and texts promising to forward the message to the Minister

Don't allow these online internet warrior to discourage you.

1 Like

Re: 112,351 Passports Uncollected, Says Immigration by Afamed: 5:35pm On Oct 08, 2023
Enny2013:

Lol..
Why?

He will never answer your why.

1 Like

Re: 112,351 Passports Uncollected, Says Immigration by godwon01(m): 6:04pm On Oct 08, 2023
Blue3k:

Lol you know where they live. Just mail it back to them. What does NIPOST exist for if government agencies don't even want to patronize them? It's mentioned there's going to be a cost in the future so why can't it be factored into the price of the passport?
In London here, they collected 20 pounds as administrative cost , special delivery postage envelope and up to two months they never post the passport to me. It is a renewal passport.
Re: 112,351 Passports Uncollected, Says Immigration by papyjaypaul: 7:04am On Oct 09, 2023
Afamed:

Pls don't allow the lazy youth to discourage you.

They are not ready to make any impact

I have sent mails and text to them and they both aknowledged my mails and texts promising to forward the message to the Minister

Don't allow these online internet warrior to discourage you.

Without knowing me, you throw spurious allegations at me? The internet is anonymous, I allow you bask in the euphoria of your online masturbation of acceptance. That has nothing to do with me. You don't know me, I have nothing to prove to you.

Think about it. The NIS, under the ministry of interior is to issue passports but just like every other Nigerian who likes shortcut, you create a channel that subverts the process. Why should I send my details to whosoever's email address? Why? Is that email an official release? Is that email a government email? Is that how to get things done? This is how you people set yourself up for identity theft when you establish channels that work for YOU. The busy Minister, a public official now has some special people who have access to him and they use a Yahoo email because they have his ears? When 100,000 applicants do that, when will the Minister work? Please give me the email for prisons, I need the minister's attention too
Re: 112,351 Passports Uncollected, Says Immigration by iLoveYouToo(m): 7:28am On Oct 09, 2023
Blue3k:

If it was made compulsory for people to pay for courier services alongside their passport fees it’s people like you would still come here to scream blue murder. FYI that option exists but people prefer to collect it by hand considering how expensive and stressful it is to replace.

Soon passports would be ready on the day of application, we shall get there
Re: 112,351 Passports Uncollected, Says Immigration by Blue3k(m): 1:30pm On Oct 09, 2023
iLoveYouToo:

If it was made compulsory for people to pay for courier services alongside their passport fees it’s people like you would still come here to scream blue murder. FYI that option exists but people prefer to collect it by hand considering how expensive and stressful it is to replace.

Soon passports would be ready on the day of application, we shall get there

Don't assume everyone is broke like yourself weirdo. I been advocating every government agencies simply mail out particulars for years. Fact is, it's less efficient to keep hundreds of thousands of uncollected documents when the mail exists. BTW, if the option exist in Nigeria why did they announce they will start home delivery last may?

Re: 112,351 Passports Uncollected, Says Immigration by iLoveYouToo(m): 8:13pm On Oct 09, 2023
Blue3k:

Don't assume everyone is broke like yourself weirdo. I been advocating every government agencies simply mail out particulars for years. Fact is, it's less efficient to keep hundreds of thousands of uncollected documents when the mail exists. BTW, if the option exist in Nigeria why did they announce they will start home delivery last may?

Omor una too complain. Keep whining. Get a visa and move to Valhalla
Re: 112,351 Passports Uncollected, Says Immigration by Blue3k(m): 8:26pm On Oct 09, 2023
iLoveYouToo:

Omor una too complain. Keep whining. Get a visa and move to Valhalla

Lol weirdo what are you rambling about? I'm not in Nigeria. Broke weirdo why are you complaining about me saying the government should run its services efficiently 🤔? Why did you lie about passports being delivered in Nigeria?
Re: 112,351 Passports Uncollected, Says Immigration by iLoveYouToo(m): 8:31pm On Oct 09, 2023
Blue3k:

Lol weirdo what are you rambling about? I'm not in Nigeria. Broke weirdo why are you complaining about me saying the government should run its services efficiently 🤔? Why did you lie about passports being delivered in Nigeria?

If you like be on Mars you're still a misfit, soon you'll end up where you belong; water always finds it level.

Unlike you, didn't need to cross the seas to actualize my dreams
Re: 112,351 Passports Uncollected, Says Immigration by Blue3k(m): 8:38pm On Oct 09, 2023
iLoveYouToo:

If you like be on Mars you're still a misfit, soon you'll end up where you belong; water always finds it level.

Unlike you, didn't need to cross the seas to actualize my dreams

Lol OK loser tell me why you're sit around lying about basic facts and the price postage. What exactly have you accomplished in your life? I really don't get your idiotic ranting about making the agencies that serve you more effective at their jobs. Btw Please don't leave the nation we don't need more mumus spoiling Nigeria's imagine.

Ps: Lol mumu liar read todays news.

iLoveYouToo:

If it was made compulsory for people to pay for courier services alongside their passport fees it’s people like you would still come here to scream blue murder. FYI that option exists.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Goodluck Ebele Jonathan Can Contest In 2015 - San / Proof For Nigerians That General Buhari Truly Means To End Corruption In Nigeria / When You Leave That Position - A Warning To Our Leaders

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.