Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,381 members, 7,812,114 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:31 AM

112,351 Passports Uncollected, Says Immigration - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 112,351 Passports Uncollected, Says Immigration (8143 Views)

BREAKING: I Tested Positive For Coronavirus, Says Immigration Boss, Babandede / Border Closure : No Going Back Says Immigration Comptroller General. / PDP Reveals What APC ‘plans’ To Do With Uncollected PVCs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 112,351 Passports Uncollected, Says Immigration by Max24: 6:40am On Oct 08, 2023
obembet:

I expect you to understand Nigerians by now, nothing Satish us, if the immigration added the way bill money to the passport, Nigerians go complained. And this is same thing we can not try in visa embassy. I Paid additional 14k with joy to delivered my visa to me. If Nigeria government ask me for that, I will be the first person to share it on twitter if na Nigeria government ask me to pay for delivery
I agreed that some owner of those passport might have died but for those who are alive should go there and collect it.

If FRSC tell you the number of uncollected driver's license, u wil shout. And this same thing we don't try in Europe.

This current minister of interior is the best among all this useless APC administration and we need to appreciate him for good work
Why is it difficult for you people to credit Tinubu for once? Instead you people go round in circles. With you people's attitude your people will never get the presidency in the next 100years. Will it kill you people if you commend Tinubu for once for appointing a competent minister and giving him the support to do his job? America was not built on hatred and tribalism ooo. Same applies to your partner, Taylor.

Omo Odua.

4 Likes

Re: 112,351 Passports Uncollected, Says Immigration by obembet(f): 6:50am On Oct 08, 2023
Max24:

Why is it difficult for you people to credit Tinubu for once? Instead you people go round in circles. With you people's attitude your people will never get the presidency in the next 100years. Will it kill you people if you commend Tinubu for once for appointing a competent minister and giving him the support to do his job? America was not built on hatred and tribalism ooo.

Omo Odua.

Can we praise Tinubu for other minister that never do anything since they were appointed? Can we praise Tinubu for appointments of old sick man as minister that even fell down on National TV when we have a young vibrant youth that can do better like Hom Tunji Ojo?

Pls don't attached Yoruba to your sentiments,

1 Like

Re: 112,351 Passports Uncollected, Says Immigration by Rostikol: 6:57am On Oct 08, 2023
strangest:
Probably dead, killed by bandits and kidnappers... Nigeria has already happened to most of them

You are an absolute DONKEY to type this nonsense.

IPOB DUNCE.

112,000 people who so happened to have applied for a passport, were killed by bandits and kidnappers.

Why not 100 million or 150 million?

Air head.

3 Likes

Re: 112,351 Passports Uncollected, Says Immigration by OGwales(m): 7:04am On Oct 08, 2023
No be person wey chop belle full go remember passport
Re: 112,351 Passports Uncollected, Says Immigration by maasoap(m): 7:04am On Oct 08, 2023
inoki247:
Lol Passport wey people dey beg immigration to colet now na Immigration dey beg people to come colet it....

This must be a dream ...
You don't understand. Immigration don use frustration kill the applicants sotey dey no longer need am. grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: 112,351 Passports Uncollected, Says Immigration by breezeng: 7:07am On Oct 08, 2023
Nice one from BAT administration, though I am not his fan. Same should also happen to the road safety/drivers license renewal.

1 Like

Re: 112,351 Passports Uncollected, Says Immigration by maasoap(m): 7:07am On Oct 08, 2023
sophirebenitez:
When you make the process too cumbersome, Njgwrians are bound to ababandon ship.
You are absolutely right. That's what is happening

1 Like

Re: 112,351 Passports Uncollected, Says Immigration by maasoap(m): 7:11am On Oct 08, 2023
sukkot:
Let me tell you the Ikoyi format because when I went there there had been people coming for many days and hadn't collected it because the queue is just too much. So when I GOT there I went to the immigration officer woman who helped me with my application, she gave me a very good advice, she First asked me, are you travelling ? I said no, she said, JUST FORGET ABOUT COLLECTING IT THIS WEEK THAT THE QUEUE IS TOO MUCH AND THAT I SHOULD COME IN LIKE 2 WEEKS TIME WHEN THE RUSH TO COLLECT HAS SUBSIDED. I mulled the idea over and thought ? Hmmm ok let me go and see what she is talking about. So I went to the collections. The crowd there was like that of the World Cup finals in a stadium. The crowd stagger me. So I decided this woman gave me good advice, let me go home. I will come back in November when the rush has subsided. However I wanted to be sure that my passport has been issued before I left the premises so they directed me to this office where they asked for my enrolment number. I gave it to them. After 2 minutes the lady told me your passport has been issued and go to the collections to collect it. You see ehn, after she told me that my passport had been issued the kind of STRONGHEAD that overtook me ? I then decided I may as well try to see if I can collect it. I entered into that sea of people at the collections, it was hell, people just pushing you about, stepping on your shoe, everybody sweating and frustrated. I contested with the crowd for like one hour, then I started hearing stories of people lamenting that they have been coming everyday for days and have been unable to get it because of the huge crowd. My liver just fail me. I then decided it's in my best interest to come back in November after all I am not collecting the passport because I wanted to travel. But my STRONGHEAD kicked in again and I dipped hand inside my pocket. There was 10,000 sitting there just languishing. So I decided its time to do business. So I started greeting every officer I saw and told them I want to do business. They thought maybe I was undercover journalist and just laughed and walked by but this particular guy had a jovial face. I kept over-greeting him anytime he walked by and finally he pulled up and said what do you want ? I said chairman I want to collect my passport but that crowd is staggering and scary. I said I am willing to pay 10k. The man looked at me intensely and said listen I don't do that . Then he walked away. 10 minutes later he walked back and said what's your name and enrolment number , he took it and disappeared. He reappeared 10 minutes later with my passport in his hands and directed me to where I was to do the final process. That's how I got the passport in the midst of a football crowd who had been coming for days. I was willing to part with the last 10,000 in my pocket but I ended up not parting with a kobo and getting the passport

You meant he didn't collect a dime from you?

1 Like

Re: 112,351 Passports Uncollected, Says Immigration by strangest(m): 7:15am On Oct 08, 2023
Rostikol:

You are an absolute DONKEY to type this nonsense.

IPOB DUNCE.

112,000 people who so happened to have applied for a passport, were killed by bandits and kidnappers.

Why not 100 million or 150 million?

Air head.

Monkey
Re: 112,351 Passports Uncollected, Says Immigration by sukkot: 7:18am On Oct 08, 2023
maasoap:

You meant he didn't collect a dime from you?
Not a dime. i was surprised
Re: 112,351 Passports Uncollected, Says Immigration by maasoap(m): 7:30am On Oct 08, 2023
sukkot:
Not a dime. i was surprised
Wow! Good to know that people like that are still around. I think I'm like that too

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 112,351 Passports Uncollected, Says Immigration by sukkot: 7:33am On Oct 08, 2023
maasoap:

Wow! Good to know that people like that are still around. I think I'm like that too
i intend to go back there one day and find that man and give him a gift. Maybe towels and perfumes. I will think of something he likes

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 112,351 Passports Uncollected, Says Immigration by Afamed: 7:38am On Oct 08, 2023
olumaxi:
They asked us to bring #5k at d ibadan office

You now have the opportunity to report them via the number provided or email the aa_ajiboye@yahoo.com

Let us make Scapegoat out of one of them.

Have your evidence intact.

1 Like

Re: 112,351 Passports Uncollected, Says Immigration by phemmyfour: 7:41am On Oct 08, 2023
Blue3k:

Source: https://leadership.ng/112351-passports-uncollected-says-immigration/
Double production. No mechanism to monitor that at the moment
Re: 112,351 Passports Uncollected, Says Immigration by Menclothing: 7:56am On Oct 08, 2023
Let everyone work in their best capacity
Re: 112,351 Passports Uncollected, Says Immigration by thesicilian: 8:00am On Oct 08, 2023
iamclime:

You can track your application on the NIS website. Check for a tab on the site called 'Track Application ' , input your details and you will see if your document 8s ready or not.
Very helpful. Thanks.
Re: 112,351 Passports Uncollected, Says Immigration by anyilalaz: 8:02am On Oct 08, 2023
Personally I kept checking they website to find out if mine was among but it's not.

Put up the names on your website for the various capturing center in Nigeria
Re: 112,351 Passports Uncollected, Says Immigration by Blue3k(m): 8:07am On Oct 08, 2023
fuckJones:
most you wail for every post

Must reply idioticly to every post? Do you disagree with the point?
Re: 112,351 Passports Uncollected, Says Immigration by Fearyourcreator: 8:07am On Oct 08, 2023
madmohamed:
I'm sorry to said this some of the people is already kill by fulani terrorists some tired of the passport some don't have transportation to go and get thire passport Nigeria is dream killer.
Like my friend who have a job offer to canada he waited for his passport until they canceled it you think he have anything to do with that sheet again
Shutup he should move on.... if another one come now if he no collect am how he wan do am... he go come dey rush...
Re: 112,351 Passports Uncollected, Says Immigration by Fearyourcreator: 8:10am On Oct 08, 2023
obembet:

I expect you to understand Nigerians by now, nothing Satish us, if the immigration added the way bill money to the passport, Nigerians go complained. And this is same thing we can not try in visa embassy. I Paid additional 14k with joy to delivered my visa to me. If Nigeria government ask me for that, I will be the first person to share it on twitter if na Nigeria government ask me to pay for delivery
I agreed that some owner of those passport might have died but for those who are alive should go there and collect it.

If FRSC tell you the number of uncollected driver's license, u wil shout. And this same thing we don't try in Europe.

This current minister of interior is the best among all this useless APC administration and we need to appreciate him for good work
Nigerians are thankful... even if government dash them 1m every month many will still say it's not enough

2 Likes

Re: 112,351 Passports Uncollected, Says Immigration by NwokoloOwa: 8:17am On Oct 08, 2023
"In her words, once the process is completed, applicants would only visit passport offices for biometric capturing, as they would have uploaded their photographs on our portal"

What is all this by the Controller General? Why do we like taking one step forward and several steps backwards? I did by passport exactly like this 8 years ago. You go online, fill out your forms upload your pic and then visit the office for biometric capturing. Over 8 years ago. The CG is now saying as if it is a new development. They never liked that process because it is so seamless. I collected my passport within 24hrs in Kaduna then. Now they are saying 2weeks. It's so annoying even with improved technology and innovation.
Re: 112,351 Passports Uncollected, Says Immigration by chudez0147(m): 8:20am On Oct 08, 2023
Many are de*ad too
Zupay:

Many would have changed address, so they have to update their addresses on the NIS portal then NIPOST deliver them.
Re: 112,351 Passports Uncollected, Says Immigration by Blitzking: 8:28am On Oct 08, 2023
My siblings passport has been hasn't been picked since August last year and na express I pay for am..she no gree pick thing wey ready within 1 week I dey always remind am. She promise say latest before the year run out.
Re: 112,351 Passports Uncollected, Says Immigration by Lisaint(m): 8:32am On Oct 08, 2023
They should rather set up a website that we can track passport with our application id
Re: 112,351 Passports Uncollected, Says Immigration by Exceed15: 8:36am On Oct 08, 2023
Because they know you will still extort them to collect it.
Re: 112,351 Passports Uncollected, Says Immigration by Afamed: 8:41am On Oct 08, 2023
Lisaint:
They should rather set up a website that we can track passport with our application id

Someone has confirmed that already. There is already a place in their site to confirm that

Read the post again, you will see it there.

3 Likes

Re: 112,351 Passports Uncollected, Says Immigration by Enny2013(f): 8:47am On Oct 08, 2023
Afamed:

You now have the opportunity to report them via the number provided or email the aa_ajiboye@yahoo.com

Let us make Scapegoat out of one of them.

Have your evidence intact.
This email address isn't functional,bro.
Re: 112,351 Passports Uncollected, Says Immigration by NaijaCover(m): 8:58am On Oct 08, 2023
MrBroke:
If you can't pass port then port pass grin

Nothing No Go See ooooo
Re: 112,351 Passports Uncollected, Says Immigration by gare(f): 8:58am On Oct 08, 2023
Blue3k:

Source: https://leadership.ng/112351-passports-uncollected-says-immigration/

I will collect mine tomorrow morning 😁
Re: 112,351 Passports Uncollected, Says Immigration by Max24: 9:04am On Oct 08, 2023
obembet:

Can we praise Tinubu for other minister that never do anything since they were appointed? Can we praise Tinubu for appointments of old sick man as minister that even fell down on National TV when we have a young vibrant youth that can do better like Hom Tunji Ojo?

Pls don't attached Yoruba to your sentiments,

How many of Obis commissioners when he was gov did you know ?
Re: 112,351 Passports Uncollected, Says Immigration by Afamed: 9:12am On Oct 08, 2023
Enny2013:

This email address isn't functional,bro.

It's functioning.
aa_ajiboye@yahoo.com

Note: after aa it is underscore(_) that follows it not dash
aa_ajiboye@yahoo.com

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Prophet Owa’s Bombshell: Nigeria ’ll Break Into Three / African-americans Now Want To Be Called Blacks / Letter To The Biafrans From The Great People Of Imo State.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.