Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,849 members, 7,813,883 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:37 PM

Is It Right for a Christian to Expose False Prophets and False Teaching ? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is It Right for a Christian to Expose False Prophets and False Teaching ? (19761 Views)

Top Seven Awesome Prophets And Their Lifestyle In The Bible / Things Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Has Stated As Errors & False Teaching From Bible? / False teaching in Rccg open heavens devotional (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Right for a Christian to Expose False Prophets and False Teaching ? by newmi(m): 3:19pm On Oct 24, 2011
"Judging"and "exposing" are two mutually exclusive terms. Sure enough we should judge afterall that's why we the spirit of discernment to know and distinguish what is write from what is wrong but be that as it though l am yet to see an instance in scripture that says "expose a false prophet" rather What we read are admonitions such as this from the apostle Paul in Philippians 3:2
"Beware of dogs, beware of evil workers, beware of the concision" also in like manner "beware of false prophets" etc
we are not told to "expose" rather we told to "beware". ok what are you trying to say (someone may wish to ask are you saying that we should keep mute while evil prevail? No The wisdom God is jurisprudent enough to determine their fate ". . .unto his master stands or fall"
No man can fight successfully for God intact He ceases to be God the day we think He needs man to fight for Him.
Please l stand to be corrected nonetheless though l have made my views. thank u
Re: Is It Right for a Christian to Expose False Prophets and False Teaching ? by debosky(m): 3:23pm On Oct 24, 2011
@ Ola

I know we have our disagreements but that post about vipers/Joe is the funniest thing I've seen in ages. grin grin
Re: Is It Right for a Christian to Expose False Prophets and False Teaching ? by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:42pm On Oct 24, 2011
debosky:

@ Ola

I know we have our disagreements but that post about vipers/Joe is the funniest thing I've seen in ages. grin grin

Who be your friend, my friend?  grin  The fact that you can see the funny side to my post despite our disagreement on topical issues shows that we can remain brothers from the same Father but of different mothers. wink
Re: Is It Right for a Christian to Expose False Prophets and False Teaching ? by mrgold2: 4:23pm On Oct 24, 2011
Sometimes truth is told for bad intentions, imagine your neighbour runs to you and said she saw your husband with another woman, yes i could be true but your neighbour's intention could be for destruction. Issues of false prophets in nigeria is not new, we all know that there are false prophets in nigeria, in europe and america religious houses are mainly charity oriented but here in nigeria our religious leaders are after the things of this world, latest car, biggest mansions, women, fashion and rapping english, i personally cannot name who is a false prophet (Even though it think they should be exposed ONLY on the INSPIRATION and DIRECTION of THE HOLY SPIRIT) but then it is our desires that lead us into the trap of these false prophets, because we want instant miracle, we want to be zillionaires overnight, we want husbands yet we don't have morals, we want to be ministers of health when you don't even have a B.sc, talking of paying tithes, it simply means giving GOD (not church) 1/10
of your income, and let me tell everybody this so that are not being deceived, Christianity is not about church it's about Faith in CHRIST JESUS.
Re: Is It Right for a Christian to Expose False Prophets and False Teaching ? by Basito: 5:06pm On Oct 24, 2011
What makes a prophet a false prophet?.that you don't like what a man of God teaches does not make him a false prophet.And we should realise that Christianity is not based on what we feel or like or what we don't like.Rather, it is based on the dictates of the word of God.When a man goes contrary to the dictates of the word of God then your Christianity has a question Mark.For example, did God give you an office to expose false prophets?
Look at what God has told Christians in His Word(Heb13v17):Obey them that have the rule over you,and submit yourselves: for they watch for your souls, as they that must give account,,
But if you think you are better than His prophets, please read Romans14v4(TLB);They are God's servants, not yours.They are responsible to Him, not to you.Let Him tell them whether they are right or wrong.And God is able to make them do as they should.
It is an error on your part to do otherwise and there are consequences talking about men of God whether they are right or wrong.in Number12v1-10, Miriam became leprous for talking against Moses.
Re: Is It Right for a Christian to Expose False Prophets and False Teaching ? by Joagbaje(m): 5:34pm On Oct 24, 2011
Basito:

What makes a prophet a false prophet?.that you don't like what a man of God teaches does not make him a false prophet

Correct question.

And we should realise that Christianity is not based on what we feel or like or what we don't like.Rather, it is based on the dictates of the word of God.When a man goes contrary to the dictates of the word of God then your Christianity has a question Mark.For example, did God give you an office to expose false prophets?

Now we are confronted with two things.
How do you know the people you called false prophets are false?
If for any reason they are what does the word say? Those are godly question to ponder on. What a danger to realise God didn't send you on the mission you gave yourself.
Re: Is It Right for a Christian to Expose False Prophets and False Teaching ? by Okijajuju1(m): 6:08pm On Oct 24, 2011
Prescribing, Opps SUS!! grin
Re: Is It Right for a Christian to Expose False Prophets and False Teaching ? by quest55(m): 6:49pm On Oct 24, 2011
Christians who are not prepared to expose false teachings should pray very hard 4 forgiveness. The hb says "if then a blind man (fake religious organization) leads a blind man (unsuspecting christian worshiper) both will fall into a pit". So, such blind spiritual guides must be identified first. Second, the bøok of acts-of-apostles indicated that at the exit of apostle paul or peter "destructive wolves" would enter in among the christians and maltreat the brethren. Third, all across the islamic-arab world we are seeing how dictators and head of governments have used false religious teachings to opress and supress vast sections of people. Just a month ago ideas on false religious premises PROBABLY CONTRIBUTED to encouraging people to hope and pray 4 miracle from crystal services ltd to ferry 8000 people overseas, when there were clear signals of fraud! Xtians in particular have a duty to speak up.
Re: Is It Right for a Christian to Expose False Prophets and False Teaching ? by quest55(m): 7:10pm On Oct 24, 2011
Basito:

What makes a prophet a false prophet?.that you don't like what a man of God teaches does not make him a false prophet.And we should realise that Christianity is not based on what we feel or like or what we don't like.Rather, it is based on the dictates of the word of God.When a man goes contrary to the dictates of the word of God then your Christianity has a question Mark.For example, did God give you an office to expose false prophets?
Look at what God has told Christians in His Word(Heb13v17):Obey them that have the rule over you,and submit yourselves: for they watch for your souls, as they that must give account,,
But if you think you are better than His prophets, please read Romans14v4(TLB);They are God's servants, not yours.They are responsible to Him, not to you.Let Him tell them whether they are right or wrong.And God is able to make them do as they should.
It is an error on your part to do otherwise and there are consequences talking about men of God whether they are right or wrong.in Number12v1-10, Miriam became leprous for talking against Moses.

Was Moses a false prophet? Was Miriam genuinely trying to expose a wröngdoing? And was Miriam using the word of GOD (whether written or unwriten) to make her points known?
Re: Is It Right for a Christian to Expose False Prophets and False Teaching ? by Nobody: 7:46pm On Oct 24, 2011
This an excerpt from a Christian taken from the Internet

I have spent a great deal of time researching this subject, pouring through all that Scripture says, and having to spend a lot of time on my knees as I have been deeply burdened by the amount of false teachers out there.

The Bible says a lot about false teachings and false prophets/teachers. We find in the Old Testament that God raised up prophets (Deut. 18:15-22) but false prophets were to be killed (Deut. 13:1-5, 18:20, Jer. 23:14-15).

In the New Testament, we see that false teaching is taken very seriously, although it doesn't involve physical death, only spiritual. God is truth so we don't have one without the other. "Remember, Christ rebuked the churches in Revelation 2-3 who had tolerated false teachers in their midst (Rev. 2:14-16;20-23). He expressly commended the Ephesian church for examining the claims of certain false apostles and exposing them as liars (Rev. 2:2). Churches have a clear duty to guard against false teachers who infiltrate. Christ Himself demands it." Jude commands us to "contend for the faith that was once for all entrusted to the saints."

"Most Christians nowadays simply don't care about the prevalence of false doctrine, nor do they take seriously their duty to fight against apostasy." John MacArthur says it this way, "Refusing to acknowledge and defend the revealed truth of God is a particularly stubborn and pernicious kind of unbelief." He says elsewhere, "It seems there is no shortage of people nowadays willing to kill for a lie. Yet few seem to be willing to speak up for truth - much less die for it." The famous preacher Charles Spurgeon said, "Nobody cares whether that which is preached is true or false. A sermon is a sermon whatever the subject; only, the shorter it is the better." He also said, "The spotless purity of truth must always be at war with the blackness of heresy and lies." Let me lay out for you what the Bible says about this.

BIBLICAL BASIS
Does it sound "judgmental to call someone else's beliefs "false?" Absolutely, and we are commanded to do it throughout the Bible. Let’s see what Jesus, Paul, Peter, and John have to say about how to deal with false teachers.

Jesus:
Matthew 7:15 “Beware of the false prophets, who come to you in sheep’s clothing, but inwardly are ravenous wolves.”

Matthew 23:31, 35 “So you testify against yourselves, that you are sons of those who murdered the prophets. . . so that upon you may fall the guilt of all the righteous blood shed on earth, from the blood of righteous Abel to the blood of Zechariah, the son of Berechiah, whom you murdered between the temple and the altar.” [In this instance Jesus did not need to name the false teachers as He was face to face with them and calling them out publicly in the temple square.]

Matthew 24:10–13;24 "At that time many will turn away from the faith and will betray and hate each other, and many false prophets will appear and deceive many people. Because of the increase of wickedness, the love of most will grow cold, but he who stands firm to the end will be saved. . . . For false Christs and false prophets will appear and perform great signs and miracles to deceive even the elect – if that were possible. See, I have told you ahead of time."

Paul:
2 Corinthians 11:13 “For such men are false apostles, deceitful workers, disguising themselves as apostles of Christ.”

Ephesians 5:11 "Have nothing to do with the fruitless deeds of darkness, but rather expose them."

2 Thessalonians 3:6 "In the name of the Lord Jesus Christ, we command you, brothers, to keep away from every brother who is idle and does not live according to the teaching you received from us."

2 Thessalonians 3:14 "If anyone does not obey our instruction in this letter, take special note of him. Do not associate with him, in order that he may feel ashamed."

1 Timothy 1:3-4 "As I urged you when I went into Macedonia, stay there in Ephesus so that you may command certain men not to teach false doctrines any longer nor to devote themselves to myths and endless genealogies. These promote controversies rather than God's work - which is by faith."

1 Timothy 6:3-5 "If anyone teaches false doctrines and does not agree to the sound instruction of our Lord Jesus Christ and to godly teaching, he is conceited and understands nothing. He has an unhealthy interest in controversies and quarrels about words that result in envy, strife, malicious talk, evil suspicions and constant friction between men of corrupt mind, who have been robbed of the truth and who think that godliness is a means to financial gain."

2 Timothy 2:16-18 “Avoid godless chatter, because those who indulge in it will become more and more ungodly. Their teaching will spread like gangrene. Among them are Hymenaeus and Philetus, who have wandered away from the truth. They say that the resurrection has already taken place, and they destroy the faith of some.”

2 Timothy 3:1-5 "But mark this: There will be terrible times in the last days. People will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boastful, proud, abusive, disobedient to their parents, ungrateful, unholy, without love, unforgiving, slanderous, without self-control, brutal, not lovers of the good, treacherous, rash, conceited, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God — having a form of godliness but denying its power. Have nothing to do with them."

2 Timothy 4:2 "Preach the Word; be prepared in season and out of season; correct, rebuke and encourage - with great patience and careful instruction. For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, thy will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear. They will turn their ears away from truth and turn aside to myths."

2 Timothy 4:14 “Alexander the coppersmith did me much harm; the Lord will repay him according to his deeds.”

Titus 1:9-13 "He must hold firmly to the trustworthy message as it has been taught, so that he can encourage others others by sound doctrine and refute those who oppose it. For there are many rebellious people, mere talkers and deceivers, especially those of the circumcision group. They must be silenced, because they are ruining whole households by teaching things they ought not to teach - and that for the sake of dishonest gain. Even one of their own prophets has said, "Cretans are always liars, evil brutes, lazy gluttons." This testimony is true. Therefore, rebuke them sharply, so that they will be sound in the faith and will pay no attention to Jewish myths or to the commands of those who reject the truth."

Titus 2:1 "You must teach what is in accord with sound doctrine."

Titus 3:10 "Warn a divisive person once, and then warn him a second time. After that, have nothing to do with him."

Peter:
2 Peter 2:1-3 "But there were also false prophets among the people, just as there will be false teachers among you. They will secretly introduce destructive heresies, even denying the sovereign Lord who bought them – bringing swift destruction on themselves. Many will follow their shameful ways and will bring the way of truth into disrepute. In their greed these teachers will exploit you with stories they have made up. Their condemnation has long been hanging over them, and their destruction has not been sleeping."

2 Peter 2:15-16a “Forsaking the right way, they have gone astray, having followed the way of Balaam, the son of Beor, who loved the wages of unrighteousness; but he received a rebuke for his own transgression…”

John:
1 John 4:1-3 "Dear friends, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God, because many false prophets have gone out into the world. This is how you can recognize the Spirit of God: Every spirit that acknowledges that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is from God, 3 but every spirit that does not acknowledge Jesus, that spirit is not from God. This is the spirit of the antichrist, which you have heard is coming and even now is already in the world."

2 John 1:10-11 "If anyone comes to you and does not bring this teaching, do not take him into your house or welcome him. 11Anyone who welcomes him shares in his wicked work."

3 John 9-10 “I wrote something to the church; but Diotrephes, who loves to be first among them, does not accept what we say. For this reason, if I come, I will call attention to his deeds which he does, unjustly accusing us with wicked words; and not satisfied with this, he himself does not receive the brethren, either, and he forbids those who desire to do so and puts them out of the church.”

Likewise, the early church Fathers were so committed to the public rebuke of false teachers that they actually named heresies after the false teachers who promoted them (i.e., “Arianism” after Arius, “Pelagianism” after Pelagius, etc.).

Let me note that this is not something that is ambiguous and hard to define. Scripture is very clear in the "essentials" and most important doctrines. Let those who complain about naming false teachers state how Jesus and the apostles were wrong to confront those in error, personally and publicly. If they cannot do so, let them show that what we name as false teaching is, in fact, the truth. If they cannot do either, then let their mouths be stopped.

Let us all live under the authority of the Word of God, rather than embrace a sentimental, unbiblical approach for dealing with error in the church of Jesus Christ.

“Mark them which cause divisions and offenses contrary to the doctrine which ye have learned; and avoid them” (Romans 16:17).
Re: Is It Right for a Christian to Expose False Prophets and False Teaching ? by Nobody: 8:02pm On Oct 24, 2011
Re: Is It Right for a Christian to Expose False Prophets and False Teaching ? by Redstone(m): 8:19pm On Oct 24, 2011
@ Frosbel

please leave these pastors alone, only God knows who is doing the right thing and otherwise. Pictures of private jets and cars do not make any sense, if you have evidence (as in documents of this private jets) please post the documents here so we can see it. Even if you have it, it doesn't matter.

That the pastors fly in private jets and the member use molues, it doesn't matter. The power to change their situation lies in their hands, to everyone, GOD has given talents and he has also given us power to make wealth. So the choice is ours, we either remain where we are or we move and make a change in our lives, the church can not buy cars for all members, or will the private jet carry everyone. This is not even an issue, please.

These pastors have affected peoples live positively that ordinarily members of the church just bring surprise gifts to the pastors for affecting their lives positively through their teaching.
I have seen instances where a member of the church pull a brand new jeep and say "pastor, this is for you" do you expect the pastor to reject the gift? Come on man, leave the pastors alone, abeg.

Finally, I think you should desist from spreading such info, it is non of your business what pastors do, GOD is the beginning and the end, HE alone knows all things.

Thank you.
Re: Is It Right for a Christian to Expose False Prophets and False Teaching ? by Nobody: 8:25pm On Oct 24, 2011
Redstone:

@ Frosbel

please leave these pastors alone, only God knows who is doing the right thing and otherwise. Pictures of private jets and cars do not make any sense, if you have evidence (as in documents of this private jets) please post the documents here so we can see it. Even if you have it, it doesn't matter.

That the pastors fly in private jets and the member use molues, it doesn't matter. The power to change their situation lies in their hands, to everyone, GOD has given talents and he has also given us power to make wealth. So the choice is ours, we either remain where we are or we move and make a change in our lives, the church can not buy cars for all members, or will the private jet carry everyone. This is not even an issue, please.

These pastors have affected peoples live positively that ordinarily members of the church just bring surprise gifts to the pastors for affecting their lives positively through their teaching.
I have seen instances where a member of the church pull a brand new jeep and say "pastor, this is for you" do you expect the pastor to reject the gift? Come on man, leave the pastors alone, abeg.

Finally, I think you should desist from spreading such info, it is non of your business what pastors do, GOD is the beginning and the end, HE alone knows all things.

Thank you.

"For a time is coming when people will no longer listen to sound and wholesome teaching. They will follow their own desires and will look for teachers who will tell them whatever their itching ears want to hear". -2 Timothy 4:3

"Pure and genuine religion in the sight of God the Father means caring for orphans and widows in their distress and refusing to let the world corrupt you."- James 1:27

Isaiah 1:23 Your rulers are rebels, companions of thieves; they all love bribes and chase after gifts. They do not defend the cause of the fatherless; the widow's case does not come before them.
Re: Is It Right for a Christian to Expose False Prophets and False Teaching ? by plappville(f): 9:01pm On Oct 24, 2011
He has the choice to reject it. Must he accept every gift from members? So this is how the 40 jeeps came all about? Storing them for God to come and drive becos @Joegbe said he doesnt drive. Satan knows the weaking point of each man of God. Ok u love gifts. I will be pouring him gifts so he can accumulate and ve so much value for it.
Is One car not enough for a man of God? These whole thing looks competiting.
We shouldnt ve value for materials. A person that has somuch value for a car will finds himself buying cars he wont even drive. This applies to all kinds of material. Those who love Gold ve this value problem, in a year they ends up not even touching some of their Golds as they are too many, but just wont give it out becos of so much value.
This is a sin and ignorance. If we acknowledge and believe Jesus has gone to prepare for us, we ve no reason to keep much wealth. I always pray i dont get wealth that will ve negetive impacts in my christian race. So much things go with Wealth when serving God in truth.
Re: Is It Right for a Christian to Expose False Prophets and False Teaching ? by Redstone(m): 9:10pm On Oct 24, 2011
@plappville

pastors have a right to reject gifts, but if the pastor accepts it, I don't think we should nail the pastor for accepting the gift. After all, it is called a gift. Why they accumulate the gifts and not at least give some out, I cannot explain, but we must leave that to GOD. Our duty as a Christian is to give our offering and tithes as commanded by GOD, if the pastor decided to use the money on frivolous things, GOD is watching. That is all I have to say. Cheers.
Re: Is It Right for a Christian to Expose False Prophets and False Teaching ? by plappville(f): 9:25pm On Oct 24, 2011
As christians, if we want to feel rich/wealthy we should be counting on things/gifts that money cannot buy.
Spiritual gifes, both poor and rich can obtain it. But material rich, the poor cannot obtain it, this makes the rich look more superior. But in the spiritual realms, its equal. Things of the world, things of the world, things of the world becareful believers.
Re: Is It Right for a Christian to Expose False Prophets and False Teaching ? by CGKing(m): 9:43pm On Oct 24, 2011
Well if you really wana ask me, the biblle instructs u to go into all the world and preach the gospel. and not go into all the world and expose false prophets.
Why can we just leave the judgement for God?
Re: Is It Right for a Christian to Expose False Prophets and False Teaching ? by 9jafreak: 10:29pm On Oct 24, 2011
[size=16pt]wow, what a TRAGEDY for Christianity many of the rhetorics from the posters
Read Matthew 23 friends

Ye hypocrites! vipers! Jesus never shut up and prayed!

He flogged the capitalists out of the temple

He flogged corporation from the Church

Until we separate Jesus from Christianity (the religious movement hijacked by Augustine and the rest of the patriarchs till date) even the very elect could be lost beyond redemption.

The challenge is to SAVE SOME. Truth is, the road is NARROW, The Majority of Christians will NEVER MAKE IT!
[/size]
Re: Is It Right for a Christian to Expose False Prophets and False Teaching ? by plappville(f): 11:09pm On Oct 24, 2011
@CGKing, So if u notice in ur church any malpractice, wrong use of the word of God or evil or sinful event by a brethdren u will ignore becos judgement is for God? Of course u ve no right to judge in condemnation only God does, but u can judge to correct to Gods glory.
pastors have a right to reject gifts, but if the pastor accepts it, I don't think we should nail the pastor for accepting the gift. After all, it is called a gift. Why they accumulate the gifts and not at least give some out, I cannot explain, but we must leave that to GOD. Our duty as a Christian is to give our offering and tithes as commanded by GOD, if the pastor decided to use the money on frivolous things, GOD is watching. That is all I have to say. Cheers.

In this case, this gifts are given to thank him not God undecided this applies to all men of God that do accept gifts and gather them.
If i pray for u and u came bk to give me gift, its as if u are pYing me for praying for u.
Why should i accept it as if it was by my power? Its the lords power gift shouldnt be involve, if at all the giver insist, let it go to the poorest man in the church and give the jeep in return of thanking God. Heaven will rejoice and this will be marvalous.
Giving to those that has not is more appreciating than giving to someone that already has more than 39.
It is becoming a tradition in some churches, after prayer do something for pastor ooo.
The givers will even be competiting, i geve the best jeep/limosin etc,
Well, this is getting out of Christlike and becoming a fashion in church.
No one is against been rich, Jesus became poor that we may be rich, so the pastors should practice this method with poor members.
Re: Is It Right for a Christian to Expose False Prophets and False Teaching ? by ashily: 4:07am On Oct 25, 2011
Re: Is It Right for a Christian to Expose False Prophets and False Teaching ? by Redstone(m): 6:33am On Oct 25, 2011
@@plappville

It doesn't always mean that the pastor prayed for you and that business worked for you. As a christian, the era of pastor pray for me has gone by, a good Christian is as good as a pastor, and when you pray by Faith and beleive in your heart that that prayer has been answered, so shall it be. What pastors do is guide through teachings that will increasing our faith and also teaching that when we put them in practice will ultimately have an impact in our lives, and also the application of these teachings and principles of the kingdom brings light to us in all spheres of life and endeavour. Prayer cannot work without faith and work.

So when we apply the teaching and principles of the kingdom, things turn around for us and whet do we do, we come to church to share the testimony and do thanks giving for that which GOD has done. This is the primary appreciattion level of what GOD has done, and this is very important. The secondary part of the appreciation is by the giving of gift to the pastor, which is not also compulsory, and our level of giving all depends of our individual ways of appreciating GOD and people he has brought our way.

The third level of appreciation is by giving to the poor, the homeless, the orphans etc. I followed a friend to a mothrless babies home here in Lagos, and right in my presence he gave a check of 100,000 naira, and said that he must give another 100,000 naira to another motherless babies home in the following month, because GOD did a wonderful thing in his business.

So it happens everyday, such a man, he is not too rich, and yet he is an addicted giver. We have several people in the society doing wonderful things and you think they just only give to their pastors. NO.

I have heard of a man who single handedly gives 1,000 cow during christian conventions here in Nigeria. It is because he is giver.

Bro, lets live pastors to GOD, and just appreciate what GOD is doing in our life. I think it is as simple as that. Giving is living.
Re: Is It Right for a Christian to Expose False Prophets and False Teaching ? by CyberSaint: 7:21pm On Oct 25, 2011
Yes, I totally agree with this author of this message. Christians owe it as a duty to expose false teaching and false teachers. The Bible says, have no dealing with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather expose them.

O pari
Re: Is It Right for a Christian to Expose False Prophets and False Teaching ? by mrmayor(m): 7:22pm On Oct 25, 2011
Who Exactly is False or Fake? How do we truly know who is a False/ True Prophet? I think its time Christians come up with so kind of Nafdac No for Pastors, Prophets, Bishops, Evangelist etc. Everyone claims the other is False!

@ Frosbel, pastor Jo asked a question, how do we know you're not a False Christian Apologist as you like to describe yourself?
Re: Is It Right for a Christian to Expose False Prophets and False Teaching ? by Nobody: 7:27pm On Oct 25, 2011
mrmayor:

Who Exactly is False or Fake? How do we truly know who is a False/ True Prophet? I think its time Christians come up with so kind of Nafdac No for Pastors, Prophets, Bishops, Evangelist etc. Everyone claims the other is False!

@ Frosbel, pastor Jo asked a question, how do we know you're not a False Christian Apologist as you like to describe yourself?

Have you ever heard this: “Wait a minute now don’t you put your mouth on the man of God. He is God’s man the bible says: “Touch not mine anointed, and do my prophet no harm.” Psalm 105:15 and you better stop before God puts a curse on you.”

If you actually read your bible, and the Holy Spirit that lives inside of you teaches you all things you like the Apostle John said He would, (1 John 2:27) then chances are you have. Those who do quote this scripture (erroneously), are usually ignorant, unlearned, milk drinking sheeple who have been neglected by their Shepherd’s. They also disobey 2 Timothy 2:15. They use this scripture to protect the so-called “men of God” from appropriate criticism and righteous judgment. I’m sure most of my readers already know where I’m going with this. But I know that there are people who browse my site who don’t. The only bible knowledge they have is the milk that comes from the pastor, milk that keeps them in line and under control. God willing, this will enlighten someone.

Lets deal with Psalm 105:15. You must read the verses before this scripture to properly use it in the correct context in which it was written. When that is done you cannot error in teaching the word of God. Unless of course you purposely teach falsely. Read the verses before:

“O ye seed of Abraham his servant, ye children of Jacob his chosen. He is the LORD our God: his judgments are in all the earth. He hath remembered his covenant for ever, the word which he commanded to a thousand generations. Which covenant he made with Abraham, and his oath unto Isaac; And confirmed the same unto Jacob for a law, and to Israel for an everlasting covenant: Saying, Unto thee will I give the land of Canaan, the lot of your inheritance: When they were but a few men in number; yea, very few, and strangers in it. When they went from one nation to another, from one kingdom to another people; He suffered no man to do them wrong: yea, he reproved kings for their sakes;” Psalm 105:6-14 KJV

Ok the verse speaks of the seed of Abraham who of course were God’s chosen people. As they traveled from nation to nation God protected them from any physical attacks from the enemy. God also would not permit any man to do them wrong, at times even rebuking Kings. In a nutshell God would not allow any nation or kingdom to physically harm His chosen people. I have never physically threatened to touch any false teacher or fake pastor (hireling), well at least not openly.  Nor have I ever done any of them wrong. So this verse doesn’t apply here.

The verse is used to create a gap between lay members and clergy. With the clergy being God’s anointed and the lay members being just regular “folk”. We are told to never question God’s man because God will correct him. We are also told that if we follow the “man of Gawd” even in error (or sin), that we will be blessed by God, because of our obedience. Umm I wonder where they got that from. And the answer is: satan. He has always tried to get the people of God to question and disobey God’s word. And unfortunately he has not change his tactics.

To further disprove the “touch not mine anointed” lie, we must ask the question who is God’s anointed? Are the pastors, teachers, and Christian leaders the only anointed of God? Well lets see what God’s word has to say about it:

“Now He which stablisheth us with you in Christ, and hath anointed us is God; Who hath also sealed us, and given the earnest of the Spirit in our hearts.” 1 Corinthians 1:21-22 KJV

God anoints those with the Spirit of God which is our guarantee that we belong to Him. As a matter of fact if you do not have the spirit of God living inside of you, then you don’t even belong to God.

“But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.” Romans 8:9 KJV

According to the word of God every believer (In Christ) has the Spirit of God living inside of them.

“In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that Holy Spirit of promise. Which is the earnest of our inheritance until the redemption of the purchased possession, unto the praise of His glory.” Ephesians 1:13-14 KJV

After you heard the Good News of Jesus Christ you were sealed with the Spirit of God. Again it is our guarantee or title-deed, that we belong to God. Meaning we are all God’s anointed! Those in leadership, who are not following Christ, don’t want you to know that. It’s another form of control.

So where do we get all this don’t touch the “mand of GAWD” mambo jumbo from? That’s an easy question….Bad Teaching. Bad teaching from bad teachers. Bad teaching that has been passed down from generation to generation. Bad teaching that had been passed down for so long that the truth about the scripture has all but been forgotten.

I say this all the time: You cannot randomly take scriptures out of the bible and then try to tell someone “this is what they mean”. And anyone who would consider themselves a serious bible teacher would have to agree with me. There is too much deception going on in the world today. Those with the knowledge are purposely keeping it to themselves (or they are just ignorant of it themselves which is not an excuse) for financial, popularity, and influential gain. But the word of God says:

“For unto whomsoever much is given, of him shall be much required: and to whom men have committed much, of him will ask the more.” Luke 12:48 KJV

You can read the entire parable of the Faith Steward here.

I want to point out one of the verses:

“The Lord of that servant will come in a day when he looketh not for him, and at an hour when he is not aware, and will cut him in sunder, and will appoint him his portion with the unbelievers.” Luke 12:46 KJV

If that doesn’t scare you straight, nothing will.

http://touchyaneighbor.com/2011/02/03/touch-not-mine-anointed-oh-yeah-and-do-my-prophet-no-harm/
Re: Is It Right for a Christian to Expose False Prophets and False Teaching ? by CyberSaint: 7:54pm On Oct 25, 2011
@Mrmayor. How do you know who is FAKE? Well, the Lord Jesus Christ provided a solution to that problem. He said and on quote 'By their fruits, you will know them'. But that presupposses that you know the correct gospel first before you can decipher the fake ones. Or else, if you're not familiar with the real money, how are you gonna recognize the fake one?
Re: Is It Right for a Christian to Expose False Prophets and False Teaching ? by Joagbaje(m): 8:39pm On Oct 25, 2011
frosbel:

If you actually read your bible, and the Holy Spirit that lives inside of you teaches you all things you like the Apostle John said He would, (1 John 2:27) then chances are you have.

You don't show the fruit of someone who read his bible well. You are only following your own lust  In slandering. Apostle John which you're quoting makes us know how to identify false prophets . It's through their doctrines . Not because they have wealth.

1 John 4:2-3
2 Hereby know ye the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesseth that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is of God: 3 And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world.

Now the question is ,the men whom you slander, have they faulted according to the scripture above? No. So what forms your opinion.

A false minister will deny Jesus lordship .

2 Peter 2:1
1 But there were false prophets also among the people, even as there shall be false teachers among you, who privily shall bring in damnable heresies, even denying the Lord that bought them, [b]and bring upon themselves swift destruction.

So these ministers whom you're slandering before unbelievers on the Internet have they denied the lordship of Jesus. These are men who profess Jesus openly and have led many unto salvation.

1 John 4:15
15 Whosoever shall confess that Jesus is the Son of God, God dwelleth in him, and he in God.

The ministers whom you are slandering, have they confessed other wise?

Besides ,let's assume you're right. If they are not of God , did God give us mandate to start attacking people?. God says we should avoid them. You avoid them personally. Don't listen to them. Because in your attack , you destroy the faith of many people from the house of God. I know you don't have a pastor or a local church where you are committed . But you dont have to destroy the faith of others because God will hold you for their blood!

you can't take laws into your hand by fighting a fight God didn't send you. Jesus knows what to do with false prophets. The Word Is clear on that.

2 Peter 2:1
1 But there were false prophets also among the people, even as there shall be false teachers among you, who privily shall bring in damnable heresies, even denying the Lord that bought them, and bring upon themselves swift destruction.

It's clear here , he said they will bring upon themselves swift destruction ! Are you the holyghost who will purge his Church? 

The scrupture bellow  clarify Jesus stand.

Matthew 13:24-30
24 Another parable put he forth unto them, saying, The kingdom of heaven is likened unto a man which sowed good seed in his field: 25 But while men slept, his enemy came and sowed tares among the wheat, and went his way. 26 But when the blade was sprung up, and brought forth fruit, then appeared the tares also. 27 So the servants of the householder came and said unto him, Sir, didst not thou sow good seed in thy field? from whence then hath it tares? 28 He said unto them, An enemy hath done this.
The servants said unto him, Wilt thou then that we go and gather them up? 29 But he said, Nay; lest while ye gather up the tares, ye root up also the wheat with them. 30 Let both grow together until the harvest: and in the time of harvest I will say to the reapers, Gather ye together first the tares, and bind them in bundles to burn them: but gather the wheat into my barn

This is the bible standard. It's like husband and wife fighting in the presence of the children . No matter how right you think you are ,you are wrong. You are injuring christ. You rather give me impression of false brethren who move to and fro. They always despise those who are in spiritual authority. Satan hates ministers with a passion. If anyone is false ,judgement of God will come on them. How do we safeguard people from false prophet .it's simple teach the truth. That's all. Not name calling.
Re: Is It Right for a Christian to Expose False Prophets and False Teaching ? by EarsWide(m): 8:54pm On Oct 25, 2011
Jo must be right guys - after all he can raise dead people remotely. smiley
Re: Is It Right for a Christian to Expose False Prophets and False Teaching ? by ZHANGFELIX(f): 4:52am On Nov 18, 2011
Matthew 24:10–13;24 "At that time many will turn away from the faith and will betray and hate each other, and many false prophets will appear and deceive many people. Because of the increase of wickedness,GATEWAY BatterieDELL Batterie the love of most will grow cold, but he who stands firm to the end will be saved. . . . For false Christs and false prophets will appear and perform great signs and miracles to deceive even the elect – if that were possible. See, I have told you ahead of time."
My favorite is this passage, I support it!
Re: Is It Right for a Christian to Expose False Prophets and False Teaching ? by ogoamaka99(m): 6:34am On Nov 18, 2011
@frosbel
It is a high time you learn to mind your own biz rather than getting involved in other men biz. If you are a sincere Christan as you claim to be, you would use your time to write on thread that will edify instead of the antagonism you show against other ministers of GOD. To say you are right and others wrong is immaturity because in the long run it could be you that is wrong.
Look at what happened in 1 kings 17, concerning Elijah, if it is in today's world, won't you say that a minister of GOD who do what Elijah did is a false prophet?1Kgs 17:8 And the word of the Lord came unto him, saying,
1Kgs 17:9 Arise, get thee to Zarephath, which belongeth to Zidon, and dwell there: behold, I have commanded a widow woman there to sustain thee.
1Kgs 17:10 So he arose and went to Zarephath. And when he came to the gate of the city, behold, the widow woman was there gathering of sticks: and he called to her, and said, Fetch me, I pray thee, a little water in a vessel, that I may drink.
1Kgs 17:11 And as she was going to fetch it, he called to her, and said, Bring me, I pray thee, a morsel of bread in thine hand.
1Kgs 17:12 And she said, As the Lord thy God liveth, I have not a cake, but an handful of meal in a barrel, and a little oil in a cruse: and, behold, I am gathering two sticks, that I may go in and dress it for me and my son, that we may eat it, and die.
1Kgs 17:13 And Elijah said unto her, Fear not; go and do as thou hast said: but make me thereof a little cake first, and bring it unto me, and after make for thee and for thy son.
1Kgs 17:14 For thus saith the Lord God of Israel, The barrel of meal shall not waste, neither shall the cruse of oil fail, until the day that the Lord sendeth rain upon the earth.
1Kgs 17:15 And she went and did according to the saying of Elijah: and she, and he, and her house, did eat many days.
1Kgs 17:16 And the barrel of meal wasted not, neither did the cruse of oil fail, according to the word of the Lord, which he spake by Elijah.
Re: Is It Right for a Christian to Expose False Prophets and False Teaching ? by BobbyBaker: 11:18am On Jul 26, 2012
My Dear Brother and sisters in the Lord.
These personal attacks cannot be from our loving Saviour.
Jesus taught the following
Mat_13:25 But while men slept, his enemy came and sowed tares among the wheat, and went his way.
Mat_13:26 But when the blade was sprung up, and brought forth fruit, then appeared the tares also.
Mat_13:27 So the servants of the householder came and said unto him, Sir, didst not thou sow good seed in thy field? from whence then hath it tares?
Mat_13:29 But he said, Nay; lest while ye gather up the tares, ye root up also the wheat with them.
Mat_13:30 Let both grow together until the harvest: and in the time of harvest I will say to the reapers, Gather ye together first the tares, and bind them in bundles to burn them: but gather the wheat into my barn.
Mat_13:36 Then Jesus sent the multitude away, and went into the house: and his disciples came unto him, saying, Declare unto us the parable of the tares of the field.
Mat_13:38 The field is the world; the good seed are the children of the kingdom; but the tares are the children of the wicked one;
Mat_13:40 As therefore the tares are gathered and burned in the fire; so shall it be in the end of this world.

False prophets are merely people who prophesy and the prophesy does not ccome to pass.
False Teachers are teachers

Deu_18:22 When a prophet speaketh in the name of the LORD, if the thing follow not, nor come to pass, that is the thing which the LORD hath not spoken, but the prophet hath spoken it presumptuously: thou shalt not be afraid of him.

False Teachers
2Ti_4:3 For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears;

2Pe_2:1 But there were false prophets also among the people, even as there shall be false teachers among you, who privily shall bring in damnable heresies, even denying the Lord that bought them, and bring upon themselves swift destruction.

If we string these pasages together I believe (and remember this is my opinion and I will never be arrogant to believe that I am the final authority)that It is God who must expose these false teachers not the body if we really believe that the teachings are false enough to cause people losing their salvation the we must pray that God will bring upon them swift destruction as per 2 Pet 2:1

I for one dont believe it is our function to do this i dont see scriptural evidence of any of the apostles calling others satanists pagans etc which is smeared all over the internet.

God will take care of the Tares we must protect the wheat and pray for the body of Christ

Love in Jesus

Bobby
Re: Is It Right for a Christian to Expose False Prophets and False Teaching ? by emmyskies(m): 11:38am On Dec 19, 2013
Beware my brethrens. False teachings and doctrines can lead one to hell. Be very very very careful. If you break the least of the law, you might loose heaven. This is eternal life we are talking about. If your church happen to involve in anything that the Bible is against, my dear, forget what people are saying or might say, you better leave that church. Christ has warned us of false prophets who are wolves but appear in sheep's clothing. Attend a true Bible church where they preach holiness and righteousness because without which, no man shall see the Lord (Heb 12:14)
Re: Is It Right for a Christian to Expose False Prophets and False Teaching ? by bsjay(m): 11:29pm On Dec 22, 2014
The last prophet ever sent by God was prophet Muhammed! And that was because the Message of Christ did not penetrate deep to the people of Arabia. Anyone calling himself a prophet after prophet Muhammed is a false prophet! Having the ability to see or hear faintly spiritual things doesn't make anyone a prophet, they are clairvoyant or clairaudient. A prophet is one sent by God to deliver a Divine Message to a tribe or nation as the case may be. Jesus said: "in times like these, false prophets and teachers will spring forth to teach the people what their itching ears want to hear cos they shall no longer endure sound teachings". He didn't say (some false prophets) but false prophets! This means anyone that will appear and call himself a prophet is a false prophet!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Is Gambling On Football A Sin / Pope Francis To Forgive Twitter Followers' Sins Online / List Of DELIVERANCE MINISTRIES In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 157
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.