Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,441 members, 7,846,811 topics. Date: Saturday, 01 June 2024 at 01:09 AM

Tinubu’s Economic Policies Not Living Up To Expectation – Financial Times - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tinubu’s Economic Policies Not Living Up To Expectation – Financial Times (15275 Views)

David Malpass Commends President Tinubu's Economic Policies / Tinubu Economic Advisers Propose Customs, NIMASA, FIRS Merger / Nigerians Are Hungry But Buhari's Economic Policies Not The Cause -tony Momoh (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tinubu’s Economic Policies Not Living Up To Expectation – Financial Times by Eriokanmi: 10:19pm On Oct 09, 2023
No be una first hail am, talk say him don grab the bull by the horn, come cause fake rise in stocks in 24 hours after tinubu announced floating of naira? Where are all the hypes now? Yęyę

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu’s Economic Policies Not Living Up To Expectation – Financial Times by NothingDoMe: 10:20pm On Oct 09, 2023
yungevvy:
Relax, he needs more time.
Let's give him at least 3 terms to turn Nigeria to an utopia.
😄😄😄
Re: Tinubu’s Economic Policies Not Living Up To Expectation – Financial Times by jojothaiv(m): 10:22pm On Oct 09, 2023
Acidosis:

Is anyone surprised?
Personally, I'm not.

I never expected much from him neither do I extend such hand of high hopes on the other presidential candidates.

So his economic policies no living up to expectations should worry those trying to defend him over here and outside.

Ire o....

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tinubu’s Economic Policies Not Living Up To Expectation – Financial Times by SpatialKing(m): 10:26pm On Oct 09, 2023
Someone that claimed to have graduated with a First Class degree in Accounting

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu’s Economic Policies Not Living Up To Expectation – Financial Times by Funkyswagzz(m): 10:33pm On Oct 09, 2023
Timmi:

This foreign newspaper and their Nigerian mouthpiece knows that it takes more than 3-months for a policy to start yielding expected results and yet they expect Nigeria (and African) to achieve what is not achievable in their own economy and country.

Na so u go explain till 4yrs finish u go still dey explain 😂😂🏃🏃🏃

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tinubu’s Economic Policies Not Living Up To Expectation – Financial Times by bentenny(m): 10:38pm On Oct 09, 2023
Financial times belong to IPOB - APC fan boys

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tinubu’s Economic Policies Not Living Up To Expectation – Financial Times by Nobody: 10:39pm On Oct 09, 2023
What you ordered versus what you got

3 Likes

Re: Tinubu’s Economic Policies Not Living Up To Expectation – Financial Times by lexy2014: 10:47pm On Oct 09, 2023
SpecialAdviser:
Any time I remembered the intial gra gra propaganda that followed his administration. Agbadorians are the most senseless Nigerians you can see in any street.

He hit the ground running

1 Like

Re: Tinubu’s Economic Policies Not Living Up To Expectation – Financial Times by lexy2014: 10:48pm On Oct 09, 2023
Timmi:

This foreign newspaper and their Nigerian mouthpiece knows that it takes more than 3-months for a policy to start yielding expected results and yet they expect Nigeria (and African) to achieve what is not achievable in their own economy and country.

Does May to October not fall into your category of "more than 3-months"?

3 Likes

Re: Tinubu’s Economic Policies Not Living Up To Expectation – Financial Times by lexy2014: 10:51pm On Oct 09, 2023
Obakoolex:
This is the kind of message that gives them hard- on neglecting the fact that it's based on opinion.
Tinubu is trying and I pray God will crown his efforts because that's the only thing we can hope for as a nation.

You like it or not he will rule for at least 4 years and probably till 2031.

Was he "elected" to come and try?

What concerns God with Tinubus effort?

If you plant stone in your farm or you don't plant at all, which effort are u expecting God to crown?

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tinubu’s Economic Policies Not Living Up To Expectation – Financial Times by Vision101(m): 11:15pm On Oct 09, 2023
A distorted economy with so many things going wrong - weak revenue, poor power, poor infrastructure, high inflation, scarcity of fx, low GDP, import dependent, high unemployment, high rate of poverty, low productivity etc. cannot be turned around in three months.

The average policy gestation period cannot be three months. What we should be looking out for should be signs of focus and policy direction. On this I have confidence in BAT.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu’s Economic Policies Not Living Up To Expectation – Financial Times by Timothy89(m): 11:17pm On Oct 09, 2023
Tinubu Economic policies isn't working because he's following the trait of his Predecessors

more special advisers with no functions but for mere political gains in a country that need money to boast agriculture, innovation to reduce the dependent on foreign goods(importation) that might reduce the high demand for dollars

To me No one can redeemed this country lost glory with this current political system, there is no time to give Tinubu with the business as usual kind of governance he's doing

same scam, I'm only dissing obidents against him because both him, obi and Atiku are thieves but you can't be decorating your own thief as saint and painted mine as bad. if your thief is the best, mine is best too

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu’s Economic Policies Not Living Up To Expectation – Financial Times by MaxW11: 11:19pm On Oct 09, 2023
Someone needs to educate the FT that the previous 16 years were an unmitigated disaster and would take more than 6 months to sort out.
FT: Stick to the UK and it’s failing economy and how it has become the poorest country in Western Europe.
Re: Tinubu’s Economic Policies Not Living Up To Expectation – Financial Times by salt1: 11:58pm On Oct 09, 2023
MaxW11:
Someone needs to educate the FT that the previous 16 years were an unmitigated disaster and would take more than 6 months to sort out.
FT: Stick to the UK and it’s failing economy and how it has become the poorest countries in Western Europe.

Yet your brothers are flocking there as economic refugees.
Enjoy your wealthy Nigeria

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tinubu’s Economic Policies Not Living Up To Expectation – Financial Times by QueenNyakim: 12:02am On Oct 10, 2023
The fuel subsidy wasn't actually removed, they are still paying for it.

Its amazing how we managed to elect someone worse than Buhari I didn't think possible.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tinubu’s Economic Policies Not Living Up To Expectation – Financial Times by tctrills: 12:03am On Oct 10, 2023
Obakoolex:
This is the kind of message that gives them hard- on neglecting the fact that it's based on opinion.
Tinubu is trying and I pray God will crown his efforts because that's the only thing we can hope for as a nation.

God doesn't work like that, you reap what you sow.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu’s Economic Policies Not Living Up To Expectation – Financial Times by Shikini: 12:07am On Oct 10, 2023
Terrible
Re: Tinubu’s Economic Policies Not Living Up To Expectation – Financial Times by specialmati(m): 12:11am On Oct 10, 2023
yarimo:
Hahahaha you should keep on looking for CSU certificate grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
grin grin grin grin angry grin grin kudos to agbero union of nigeria.their chairman is turning things around for Nigerians.in the bid to move Nigerian forward the agbero unoin sold expired product to Nigeria

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tinubu’s Economic Policies Not Living Up To Expectation – Financial Times by coleon(m): 12:33am On Oct 10, 2023
Vision101:
A distorted economy with so many things going wrong - weak revenue, poor power, poor infrastructure, high inflation, scarcity of fx, low GDP, import dependent, high unemployment, high rate of poverty, low productivity etc. cannot be turned around in three months.

The average policy gestation period cannot be three months. What we should be looking out for should be signs of focus and policy direction. On this I have confidence in BAT.
You see zombies like you deserve to be taken to the market square to beat your brain off zombiesm.
What policy reform has Tinubu put in place that made you think it will get better in three years or even 8 years. My people always say you will know a good Sunday from the Saturday.
Tinubus government is a trial and error government, he copied kpmg recommendation and quickly removed subsidy and devalued the naira thinking he has done something but he ended up causing more problems for everybody.
I actually don't pity zombies anymore, I despise them and pray hunger inflicted by Tinubu end up killing them.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu’s Economic Policies Not Living Up To Expectation – Financial Times by Unperturbedpota: 12:38am On Oct 10, 2023
iwaeda:
It reminded me of Baluba kingdom, Mariere Hall, Great Unilag. grin grin grin grin grin
I sight you. Korofo pikin.
You no go fall.
On G
Re: Tinubu’s Economic Policies Not Living Up To Expectation – Financial Times by Miles300: 1:22am On Oct 10, 2023
When their is no solid foundation there is nothing to offer or give...a man that's a subject to a questionable personality have nothing to offer .....

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu’s Economic Policies Not Living Up To Expectation – Financial Times by Jagabanarmy: 1:23am On Oct 10, 2023
iwaeda:
It reminded me of Baluba kingdom, Mariere Hall, Great Unilag. grin grin grin grin grin
Greatooooo
Re: Tinubu’s Economic Policies Not Living Up To Expectation – Financial Times by kettykin: 1:28am On Oct 10, 2023
Financial times has joined Obi supporters, lol. FT is now ohu
Re: Tinubu’s Economic Policies Not Living Up To Expectation – Financial Times by Jerchance: 2:01am On Oct 10, 2023
Nigerians celebrate crap too much. Everything is politics in Nigeria, even with the glaring truth, they will still celebrate crap for one rubbish ethnic or foolish reason. The economic torture is unimaginable, with all these guess policies.

His supporters always give the illusion he needs time, and that he is doing well taking so called " babysteps". That's how Asari and his boys quickly ran to Abuja to protest against any opposition, all because of politics. Until 8yrs pass before una eye go see dollar 2,200.

I can't even blame him so much alone, with the wicked currupt people in the Red n Green House, this country is likely already doomed; too many ministries and appointments, with no benefits to all

1 Like

Re: Tinubu’s Economic Policies Not Living Up To Expectation – Financial Times by chaloskyx: 2:28am On Oct 10, 2023
Awww BAT supporters wont like this o
Re: Tinubu’s Economic Policies Not Living Up To Expectation – Financial Times by Iamzik: 2:44am On Oct 10, 2023
Obakoolex:

You need to grow up!

So all just concerns you is that Tinubu Will rule??
You don't care whether things get better or worse.

In what way has Tinubu improved the economy since taking over? Inflation has quadrupled. Food and fuel price keep going up. Exchange rate is horrible and he has gone back to paying subsidy.

You must be a sycophant

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tinubu’s Economic Policies Not Living Up To Expectation – Financial Times by int0x80(m): 3:45am On Oct 10, 2023
The reason is not far fetched, you can't give what you don't have.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu’s Economic Policies Not Living Up To Expectation – Financial Times by optimusprime2(m): 3:51am On Oct 10, 2023
BAT's government will only favor the crooks that surround him- because they will loot like no man's business.

I just feel sorry for the common man because as long as this particular APC sect remains in power, the Economy will witness very dark times... infact at this rate the USD will equal 2000NGN in the next 6 months.

But what do you expect from certificate forgers and supporters of forgery... mtcheew.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu’s Economic Policies Not Living Up To Expectation – Financial Times by Sirianese: 3:52am On Oct 10, 2023
Cantonese:
“My team and I”. Complete failure!

Removed subsidy with petrol @168 and the USD @700 in the black market. Now started paying the same subsidy with petrol @600 and the USD @over 1K naira. How is that not as a result of excessive igbo smoking?

Eight years of wickedness with APC and Buhari, sponsored by Tinubu. Now Tinubu has started with his promise to continue where Buhari stopped. Up till now, no one knows what Nigerians have done to APC to cause this wickedness in the land.

Stupid Nigerians are waiting for Lagos miracle...until rapture occur

Meanwhile their leaders are hunkered down inside Aso Rock smoking igbo and snorting cocaine while they unrestrainedly vandalize the national treasury

Me I no dey pity anybody again...the illiterate common man on the street is actually the source of his own nightmare, when they told them vote wisely they say na Yoruba must do am. In the end everybody is getting what they deserve

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu’s Economic Policies Not Living Up To Expectation – Financial Times by nkemjacob2(m): 4:13am On Oct 10, 2023
Expecting anything from this regime is at your own risk

1 Like

Re: Tinubu’s Economic Policies Not Living Up To Expectation – Financial Times by wittywriter: 4:15am On Oct 10, 2023
Timmi:

CodeTemplar:
nonsense. He doesn't need eight years he needs to come clean that all his opinion articles idea has failed woefully.

Economics is governed by behavioural patterns of actors and Tinubu has demonstrated he has next to zero ideas or solution to offer. Can you imagine Joseph printing money after the revelation about famine came? Can you imagine the Egyptian youth becoming agberos and bandits then taxing few old men doing farm work around and Joseph is watching?
Can you imagine Joseph taxing the poor and using to import food from other nations?

Witchcraft economics is what Tinubu is trying to practice. He blamed emwfiele but performed worse than emefiele in 4 months.

Wittyness

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Why Nigerians Have Tortoise Mentality- Luke Onyekakeyah / Osinbajo Reveals Plots Against Anti-graft War / Senate Confirms Abdulrasheed Bawa As EFCC Chairman

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.