Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,460 members, 7,850,609 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 05:48 AM

Tinubu’s Economic Policies Not Living Up To Expectation – Financial Times - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tinubu’s Economic Policies Not Living Up To Expectation – Financial Times (15282 Views)

David Malpass Commends President Tinubu's Economic Policies / Tinubu Economic Advisers Propose Customs, NIMASA, FIRS Merger / Nigerians Are Hungry But Buhari's Economic Policies Not The Cause -tony Momoh (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tinubu’s Economic Policies Not Living Up To Expectation – Financial Times by Exceed15: 11:48am On Oct 10, 2023
Financial times na obidient too? Useless mumu Tinubu supporters.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tinubu’s Economic Policies Not Living Up To Expectation – Financial Times by yarimo(m): 12:02pm On Oct 10, 2023
TrumpDonald2:

To mumu no dey tire you?
Just keep looking for CSU certificate grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Tinubu’s Economic Policies Not Living Up To Expectation – Financial Times by Globad(f): 12:04pm On Oct 10, 2023
Cantonese:

What to do differently:

1. Security and peace among tribes and religious groups.

2. Agriculture

3. Get refineries to work

4. Stop crude oil theft by all means.

5. Promote trade and commerce

6. Put an end effectively to looting of public resources

7. End borrowing to loot

Nigeria rises without delay.

These are all NOT short term measures 😂
Re: Tinubu’s Economic Policies Not Living Up To Expectation – Financial Times by TrumpDonald2: 12:12pm On Oct 10, 2023
yarimo:
Just keep looking for CSU certificate grin grin grin grin grin

It has been seen already and guess what, your Tinubu is a criminal 😂

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu’s Economic Policies Not Living Up To Expectation – Financial Times by yarimo(m): 12:13pm On Oct 10, 2023
TrumpDonald2:

It has been seen already and guess what, your Tinubu is a criminal 😂
Keep looking for CSU certificate please grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Tinubu’s Economic Policies Not Living Up To Expectation – Financial Times by Justiceleague1: 12:15pm On Oct 10, 2023
Re: Tinubu’s Economic Policies Not Living Up To Expectation – Financial Times by yarimo(m): 12:18pm On Oct 10, 2023
[quote author=Justiceleague1 post=126314419][/quote] keep looking for CSU certificate grin grin hahahaha any hardship complain you are going to jail. grin grin grin
Re: Tinubu’s Economic Policies Not Living Up To Expectation – Financial Times by Cantonese: 12:50pm On Oct 10, 2023
Globad:

So you think that there is no immediate need to restore peace and security nationwide?

1 Like

Re: Tinubu’s Economic Policies Not Living Up To Expectation – Financial Times by MountHoreb: 1:38pm On Oct 10, 2023
Obakoolex:
This is the kind of message that gives them hard- on neglecting the fact that it's based on opinion.
Tinubu is trying and I pray God will crown his efforts because that's the only thing we can hope for as a nation.

You like it or not he will rule for at least 4 years and probably till 2031.

That's not the issue. The issue now is that the country is crumbling economically.
Re: Tinubu’s Economic Policies Not Living Up To Expectation – Financial Times by grandstar(m): 2:04pm On Oct 10, 2023
PrinceOfLagos:
Tinubu is a failed illegitimate president

He's clueless and ashamed to admit it

I seriously doubt Peter Obi would have done any better. If he could. Charles Soludo would have endorsed him but kept him at a distance. Charles Soludo is an economist and both are from the same state Anambra.

Charles Soludo has even given Tinubu praised Tinubu on some of his policies.

I feel Tinubu can do better in terms of the economy. However, an empty foreign reserve is the elephant in the room and the government has refused to come clean about the amount it holds. Some critics believe its as low as $4b and not the $34b being brandished

1 Like

Re: Tinubu’s Economic Policies Not Living Up To Expectation – Financial Times by Chetas81(m): 2:31pm On Oct 10, 2023
4 years is like 4 week time are running out
Re: Tinubu’s Economic Policies Not Living Up To Expectation – Financial Times by Globad(f): 3:13pm On Oct 10, 2023
Cantonese:

So you think that there is no immediate need to restore peace and security nationwide?
Good, let's take this one.

How long do you think that will take?
Re: Tinubu’s Economic Policies Not Living Up To Expectation – Financial Times by Cantonese: 3:24pm On Oct 10, 2023
Globad:

Good, let's take this one.

How long do you think that will take?

You tell me first.
Re: Tinubu’s Economic Policies Not Living Up To Expectation – Financial Times by blueAgent(m): 3:57pm On Oct 10, 2023
MaxW11:
Someone needs to educate the FT that the previous 16 years were an unmitigated disaster and would take more than 6 months to sort out.
FT: Stick to the UK and it’s failing economy and how it has become the poorest country in Western Europe.

MUMU.
Re: Tinubu’s Economic Policies Not Living Up To Expectation – Financial Times by Programmer47: 3:58pm On Oct 10, 2023
Lanruze:
The story of Jerry Rawlings and how he reshaped the economy and fortunes of Ghana is the closet case study to how to measure the trend and direction of a government which has a high probability to succeed.

On assumption of office, Jerry Rawlings clearly showed he had prepared very serious revolutionary policies and actions. He inherited clearly one of the most corrupt bureaucratic governments in Africa and took immediate action by placing his three (3) predecessors on military trial on corruption charges . They were found guilty of corruption charges , sentenced to death for corruption and summarily executed.

A British reporter on the event confirmed that the whole Nation went totally silent for a whole year. Jerry Rawlings succeeded in creating an immediate impression and sent a strong message to "intending" corrupt prone officials. His long stay in power stabilized the Ghanaian economy whilst creating an international reputation as a serious government.

Let's be guided and manage our expectations on the PBAT tenor, He already started on a very shaky footing. His two policies on the Unification of the FX market & subsidy removal were badly timed. It will take a well coordinated strategic plan/ miracle to stabilise the economy on the medium term.

If not for the intervention of the National House of Assembly, the government would have worsened the situation with the introduction of hike in Electricity tariff across board.

PBATs justification for appointing some barefaced corrupt characters in his cabinet and also support for corrupt officials at Party level has made the Emefiele episode perceived as a mere witchunt.

The New York times Observation on PBATs policies is magnifying the obvious domesticated plight of Nigerians in the last four(4) months.

We'll pray he takes a detour on some of his clearly faulty policies or hard-headedly continues in self destruct.

Kudos to Honorable Tunji-Ojo who continues to inspire the hope of the people with his clearly articulated policies on passport issuance, unifying identity management (Using the Homeland USA model) and visa-on arrival reciprocity.

The problem is Tinubu himself is corrupt. This is a fact that even his loudest supporters (Keyamo, Reno , Segalinks, Olisa Agbaloko) all agree on.
Political sentiments have all turned these men to Yes men but it remains a fact.
Another issue is, the man is not economically sound. When asked about the rising inflation , he said and I quote, "We don't earn in dollars, why bother".
To another question on how to solve the hardship , he talked about printing more money.
These are issues that should have been thoroughly criticized but the bandwagon of Chop I Chop politics muted his Yes men and supporters from saying anything

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu’s Economic Policies Not Living Up To Expectation – Financial Times by Globad(f): 4:18pm On Oct 10, 2023
Cantonese:

You tell me first.

Hehehehe

You're the one trying to make a point

You said you can achieve it in the short term. I said you can't

So you should please tell me how long it would take you to achieve it

Governance isn't as easy as it seems. Right? Don't also forget that we're in a democracy.
Re: Tinubu’s Economic Policies Not Living Up To Expectation – Financial Times by Alpharey: 9:28pm On Oct 10, 2023
Obakoolex:
This is the kind of message that gives them hard- on neglecting the fact that it's based on opinion.
Tinubu is trying and I pray God will crown his efforts because that's the only thing we can hope for as a nation.

You like it or not he will rule for at least 4 years and probably till 2031.

Your opinion too. So, stop foaming in the mouth.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu’s Economic Policies Not Living Up To Expectation – Financial Times by Alpharey: 9:30pm On Oct 10, 2023
RingRoadMafia:
In the build up to the 2023 Presidential Election, Peter Obi was invited to pitch himself to the Business Community. Obi gave a well detailed analysis of things and reeled out statistics and strategies which were fact-checked on the spot by Premium Times.

After Obi had left the stage, Tinubu mounted the podium and said: "NA STATISTICS WE GO CHOP...?"
He then proceeded to read an already written script prepared for him by Dele Alake.

Do with this info whatever you want.

They will ignore this comment as usual 🤣🤣🤣🤣

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu’s Economic Policies Not Living Up To Expectation – Financial Times by Alpharey: 9:32pm On Oct 10, 2023
BoldBrainz:
😂😂.

Master strategist. First class accountant. Economist with the midas touch. He who built Lagos. Oloye!

So who built Iragbiji, Abiola, abip
Re: Tinubu’s Economic Policies Not Living Up To Expectation – Financial Times by Alpharey: 9:42pm On Oct 10, 2023
lugado:
Sponsored publication. Who takes foreign media seriously this days

Nor do I take NTA serious at all 😀

1 Like

Re: Tinubu’s Economic Policies Not Living Up To Expectation – Financial Times by Vision101(m): 10:52pm On Oct 10, 2023
@coleon
You see zombies like you deserve to be taken to the market square to beat your brain off zombiesm.
What policy reform has Tinubu put in place that made you think it will get better in three years or even 8 years. My people always say you will know a good Sunday from the Saturday.
Tinubus government is a trial and error government, he copied kpmg recommendation and quickly removed subsidy and devalued the naira thinking he has done something but he ended up causing more problems for everybody.
I actually don't pity zombies anymore, I despise them and pray hunger inflicted by Tinubu end up killing them.

@me
You are talking from the point of view of someone that has political interest that's why you called me zombie. I have none but economic interest. God keeping us alive please call me back one year from today and let's check the economic and social indices.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu’s Economic Policies Not Living Up To Expectation – Financial Times by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 11:19pm On Oct 10, 2023
Globad:

It is o my brother

Infact eh the way the country will rise rapidly ehn, will be stunning

It would be a sure Guinness world record.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Police Kill Man In Lagos For Driving Against Traffic / Power Generation Stagnant At 1716MW, 12 Power Plants At OMW / Seyi Makinde Emerges PDP Candidate For Oyo Governorship Election

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.