Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,995 members, 7,821,474 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:31 PM

Gaddafi's Gaffes - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Gaddafi's Gaffes (1234 Views)

Muammar Gaddafi Is Alive / Is Gaddafi A Dictator? / Gaddafi's youngest son and 3 grandchildren killed in NATO air strike (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gaddafi's Gaffes by Babasessy(m): 9:02am On Oct 22, 2011
GADDAFI'S GAFFES

After two months on the run, Libyan former strongman, Muammar Gaddafi was killed last Thursday after being fished out from a drainage culvert in his home town, Sirte .Abla Ungalski in his book titled Gaddafi's Gaffes published last June reproduces a collection of quotes from Gaddafi's speeches and declarations. The book highlights the contradictions, inconsistencies, absurdity and the comic nature of his thoughts.

Mute devils

"This is a cowardly, despicable world that is incapable of telling the truth. There are mute devils among the adherents of all sects and religions, and the peoples. They are all insignificant and despicable, "

Address to the Heads of Churches in Libya, some ambassadors of "Friendly countries", political, religious and cultural figures in Libyan Society - December 30, 2006

I KNOW WHO I AM

"I am an international leader, the dean of the Arab rulers, the king of kings of Africa and the imam of Muslims, "

Arab league summit, March 2009

I AM NOT AN ARAB

"Libya is an African country. May Allah help the Arabs and keep them away from us. We don't want anything to do with them."

Libyan TV, March 2007

WE WANT THE PROPHETS,

"Where is the Pope? Where is the Church? Where is Jesus? Where is Moses?. Where is Muhammad? Where is Buddha? Where is Zarathustra? Where is Confucius?, "

Address to the Heads of Churches in Libya, some Ambassadors of "friendly Countries", Political and Cultural Figures in Libya Society. December 30, 2006

I AM THE PARLIAMENT

“A parliament is a misrepresentation of the people."

Muammar AIQathafi: THE GREEN BOOK 1975

THE PEOPLE EXIST

"Representation is falsification. The people exist, why should anyone represent them? Who can dream on behalf of the people, ?

Address to the Faculty and Students of Cambridge University October 22, 2007

ACCEPT YOUR DESTINY

"Libyan people don't need to resort to demonstrations, " Muammar Gaddaffi Speech Libyan Television. February 2011

TIRED PILGRIMS

"Can I have your attention, please? All of you came across the Atlantic Ocean, the Pacific Ocean, crossing the Asian continent or the African continent to reach this place-UN Headquarter. Why Is this Vatican? Is this Mecca? All of you are tired, have jet lag, and have sleepless nights. You are very tired, very low, physically."

Address to the United Nations General Assembly. October 1, 2009

RELOCATE TO AFGHANISTAN

", The so-called (United Nations) Security Council is not a council for security. It is a council of terror, "

Address to the faculty and students of Cambridge University October 22,.20

THE SERMON ON THE MOUNT

"What did Jesus say when up on the mountain and addressed the people? He said:" Blessed are the meek, for they shall inherit the earth." In other words, He is asking people to be decent and meek, not colonialists, terrorists, bigots, hateful of other nations or marauding invaders…

Address to the Heads of Churches in Libya, some Ambassador of ''Friendly Countries'', Political, Religious and Cultural Figures in Libya Society December 30, 2006

UNTO EACH ACCORDING TO THEIR SEX

", Women should be able to get the education that is suitable for feminine nature. There has to be one curriculum for men and another for women, "

Address to the students and faculty of Meiji University, Japan December 15,.2009

HEY! THEY ARE FIGHTING! WE MUST STOP THEM!

"Why are we silent? We must never be war devils: anyone who does not speak the truth is a silent devil. We are committed to international peace and security. We want to save humanity…''

Address to the United Nations General Assembly, October 1,2009

THERE ARE OPPOSITION FAITHS TOO

In the Middle East, the opposition is quite different than the opposition in advanced countries. In our countries, the opposition takes the form of explosions, assassination, killings".

Address to US Academics, March 2006

BREEDING BLACKS

"The Black race is now in a very backward social situation. But such backwardness helps to bring about numerical superiority of the blacks because their low standard of living has protected them from getting to know the means and ways of birth control and family planning.

Also their backward social traditions are a reason why there is no limit to marriage, leading to their unlimited growth, while the population of other races has decreased because of birth control, restriction on marriage and continuous occupation in work, unlike the blacks who are sluggish in a climate which is always hot."

Muammar AIQathafi:THE GREEN BOOK 1995

I WILL TAKE LIBYA BACK HOME

"I will take Libya out of Africa and put it back into Europe"

BBC 24th February 2011: "In a speech in Addis Ababa Colonel Gaddafi attacked the Ethiopians for what he perceived as racism, accusing them of stuffing the African Union with anything but Arabs

http://www.thenationonlineng.net/2011/index.php/news/23708-gaddafi-s-gaffes.html
Re: Gaddafi's Gaffes by obowunmi(m): 9:32am On Oct 22, 2011
Very sick and deluded man.
Re: Gaddafi's Gaffes by LYBOY: 10:49am On Oct 22, 2011
INDEED HE WAS A GREAT MAN AND I KNOW THE LYBIANS WOULD REGRETE THIER ACTIONS TIME TO COME.
HAVE NIGERIA BEEN ABLE TO GET A MORE BETTER LEADER THAN GEN. SUNNY ABACHA?,
Re: Gaddafi's Gaffes by cap28: 12:09am On Oct 23, 2011
One of the greatest leaders to come out of africa - may his soul rest in peace.
Re: Gaddafi's Gaffes by BlackLibya: 1:22am On Oct 23, 2011
lol are you serious? on the last statement regarding blacks, ghaddafi has also said

I would like Libya to become a black country. Hence, I recommend to Libyan men to marry only black women, and to Libyan women to marry black men," Gaddafi said.

I regret the behavior of the Arabs… They brought African children to North Africa, they made them slaves, they sold them like animals, and they took them as slaves and traded them in a shameful way. I regret and I am ashamed when we remember these practices. I apologize for this.

“I support my darling black African woman,” he said. “I admire and am very proud of the way she leans back and gives orders to the Arab leaders … Leezza, Leezza, Leezza. … I love her very much. I admire her and I’m proud of her because she’s a black woman of African origin.”

“There are inevitable cycles of social history: the yellow race’s domination of the world, when it came from Asia, and the white race’s attempts at colonizing extensive areas of all continents of the world. Now, it is the turn of the black race to prevail in the world.”

(1) (Reply)

Meet The SU-34: Russia’s Fighter-bomber And Ground Attack Aircraft / ,this People Want Finish Obama Wife / ISIS Leader ‘al-baghdadi’ Is ‘jewish Mossad Agent’ Named Simon Elliot

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.