Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,739 members, 7,844,430 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 08:55 PM

I Dated My Ex-husband For 10 Yrs But Our Marriage Lasted Just 1 Yr — Ronke Ojo - Celebrities (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / I Dated My Ex-husband For 10 Yrs But Our Marriage Lasted Just 1 Yr — Ronke Ojo (42951 Views)

Real Warri Pikin & Husband Set For Their Dream Wedding 10 Yrs After 1st Wedding / Comedian Princess Finally Opens Up On Why Her Marriage Lasted Only Two Weeks / Efya: "I Have Never Had Sex With Wizkid, But He Dated My Sister" (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Dated My Ex-husband For 10 Yrs But Our Marriage Lasted Just 1 Yr — Ronke Ojo by devoutpraise: 9:49pm On Oct 10, 2023
press9jatv:
bondage? As how? Our forefathers that has a great home and good marriages don’t complain that marriage is an Avenue to be in bondage under someone now. Some people still Enjoy their marriage to the fullest
very very on point
Re: I Dated My Ex-husband For 10 Yrs But Our Marriage Lasted Just 1 Yr — Ronke Ojo by Kobojunkie: 9:55pm On Oct 10, 2023
RushManni:
■ Bro, if a man has you in mind cos of the kinda sex you give him, marrying you would be like tying him down, cos sex demands, naturally, adventure (except there is more to the woman, of which will try to restrict the man ).
These are fairy tales people feed themselves. When marriage and the stress of it comes down on most people, sex and all that are excuses they use to deny the truth of what is wrong. undecided
Re: I Dated My Ex-husband For 10 Yrs But Our Marriage Lasted Just 1 Yr — Ronke Ojo by Kobojunkie: 9:57pm On Oct 10, 2023
Exceed15:
A lot are just there for the sake of the children. No love anymore..just enduring. There's nothing special in marriage.
Marriage is special. Just that most people don't know how to properly use and enjoy it. undecided
Re: I Dated My Ex-husband For 10 Yrs But Our Marriage Lasted Just 1 Yr — Ronke Ojo by OpulentP: 10:05pm On Oct 10, 2023
Weytin con remain? wen u don spend all the years u suppose use inside marriage for dating.

In the first instance, y u will date for 5years self talkless of 10years. Person wey feel stay with u for 4year with commitment should be able to tolerate ur flaws and spend the rest of his/her with u now. If not y dating for a decade.
Re: I Dated My Ex-husband For 10 Yrs But Our Marriage Lasted Just 1 Yr — Ronke Ojo by RushManni: 10:07pm On Oct 10, 2023
Kobojunkie:
These are fairy tales people feed themselves. When marriage and the stress of it comes down on most people, sex and all that are excuses they use to deny the truth of what is wrong. undecided

If a woman is seen to be more about sex, the man would loose value on her. And of course any excuse can hold sway
Re: I Dated My Ex-husband For 10 Yrs But Our Marriage Lasted Just 1 Yr — Ronke Ojo by Exceed15: 10:11pm On Oct 10, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Marriage is special. Just that most people don't know how to properly use and enjoy it. undecided

Are you married?
Re: I Dated My Ex-husband For 10 Yrs But Our Marriage Lasted Just 1 Yr — Ronke Ojo by deyplay: 10:19pm On Oct 10, 2023
Sirmwill:
Marriage actually feels like bondage to 85% of humans

Dating still comes with this feeling of freedom

But marriage....

Only God holds a marriage
Remove the God factor and the marriage is dead
not just God but you too. You can't want freedom and marriage at the same time. You have got to choose one. No wonder it is called : Union or Cage. Therefore, what God has joined or caged together, let no one put asunder . If you don't like it that way, forget about it then.
Re: I Dated My Ex-husband For 10 Yrs But Our Marriage Lasted Just 1 Yr — Ronke Ojo by Kobojunkie: 10:20pm On Oct 10, 2023
RushManni:
■ If a woman is seen to be more about sex, the man would loose value on her. And of course any excuse can hold sway
Stop telling yourself these tales! When you enter marriage you will find that not every relationship can be reasoned along the same lines and not everyone responds the same to external stress. undecided

1 Like

Re: I Dated My Ex-husband For 10 Yrs But Our Marriage Lasted Just 1 Yr — Ronke Ojo by Kobojunkie: 10:21pm On Oct 10, 2023
Exceed15:
■ Are you married?
Why do you ask? I am sure one does not need to present a marriage certificate here to opine. grin

1 Like

Re: I Dated My Ex-husband For 10 Yrs But Our Marriage Lasted Just 1 Yr — Ronke Ojo by funkemary(f): 10:21pm On Oct 10, 2023
This is sad for her: I pray that God restores her marriage back because for her to voice this out it must have taken a lot of courage. It is true that "it is not how far but how well". God help we that are looking up to you for a fruitful and happy lasting home
Re: I Dated My Ex-husband For 10 Yrs But Our Marriage Lasted Just 1 Yr — Ronke Ojo by Myer(m): 10:23pm On Oct 10, 2023
press9jatv:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dCDR_xSYFNU?si=bTlIFvF4thGt3Glm

I dated my ex-husband for 10 years but our marriage lasted just one year — Actress Ronke Ojo

Life outside Christ is crises upon crises.
When will people get this?

In Christ self life is full of challenges, how muchbmore life outside a Christ? Selah
Re: I Dated My Ex-husband For 10 Yrs But Our Marriage Lasted Just 1 Yr — Ronke Ojo by Kobojunkie: 10:24pm On Oct 10, 2023
deyplay:
■ not just God but you too. You can't want freedom and marriage at the same time. You have got to choose one. No wonder it is called : Union or Cage.
■ Therefore, what God has joined or caged together, let no one put asunder . If you don't like it that way, forget about it then.
Yes you can. You can want freedom and be married.... only freedom defined along different lines that work with marriage. undecided

Stop spreading this lie! Jesus Christ made it clear that only applied in the beginning, before Adam fell and God cursed marriage in Genesis 3 vs 16. In the Kingdom of God, the rules He made clear are different undecided

https://www.nairaland.com/7790954/divorce-through-eye-bible#126322608
Re: I Dated My Ex-husband For 10 Yrs But Our Marriage Lasted Just 1 Yr — Ronke Ojo by Seriouslady: 10:42pm On Oct 10, 2023
I think both of you were not ready to settle down for marriage. I blame you though cos you saw the red flags and still went ahead.
Re: I Dated My Ex-husband For 10 Yrs But Our Marriage Lasted Just 1 Yr — Ronke Ojo by Lync10: 10:45pm On Oct 10, 2023
Na there you go know say marriage and dating no be the same.

In marriage, more is expected
Re: I Dated My Ex-husband For 10 Yrs But Our Marriage Lasted Just 1 Yr — Ronke Ojo by deyplay: 10:47pm On Oct 10, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Yes you can. You can want freedom and be married.... only freedom defined along different lines that work with marriage. undecided

Stop spreading this lie! Jesus Christ made it clear that only applied in the beginning, before Adam fell and God cursed marriage in Genesis 3 vs 16. In the Kingdom of God, the rules He made clear are different undecided

https://www.nairaland.com/7790954/divorce-through-eye-bible#126322608
which type of book did you read that from? How can God institute Marriage and still curse it?
Re: I Dated My Ex-husband For 10 Yrs But Our Marriage Lasted Just 1 Yr — Ronke Ojo by Kobojunkie: 10:57pm On Oct 10, 2023
deyplay:
■ which type of book did you read that from? How can God institute Marriage and still curse it?
Have you ever actually read that book at all?

LOL....That silly question of yours is like asking why would God create man and then curse man. If God could place a curse on man, what makes you think He could not place a curse on marriage? undecided
Re: I Dated My Ex-husband For 10 Yrs But Our Marriage Lasted Just 1 Yr — Ronke Ojo by deyplay: 11:01pm On Oct 10, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Have you ever actually read that book at all?

LOL....That silly question of yours is like asking why would God create man and then curse man. If God could place a curse on man, what makes you think He could not place a curse on marriage? undecided
Then receive your curse from wherever you saw it from and leave me alone.
Re: I Dated My Ex-husband For 10 Yrs But Our Marriage Lasted Just 1 Yr — Ronke Ojo by Kobojunkie: 11:14pm On Oct 10, 2023
deyplay:
■ Then receive your curse from wherever you saw it from and leave me alone.
God's curse is not something you can receive or reject as you choose. It is that which God has decreed on all those who engage in the associated activity. undecided
16 Then God said to the woman, “I will cause you to have much trouble when you are pregnant. And when you give birth to children, you will have much pain. You will want your husband very much, but he will rule over you.”
17 Then God said to the man, “I commanded you not to eat from that tree. But you listened to your wife and ate from it. So I will curse the ground because of you. You will have to work hard all your life for the food the ground produces.
18 The ground will grow thorns and weeds for you. And you will have to eat the plants that grow wild in the fields.
19 You will work hard for your food until your face is covered with sweat. You will work hard until the day you die, and then you will become dust again. I used dust to make you, and when you die, you will become dust again.” - Genesis 3 vs 16 - 19
You are aware of God's curse of death on mankind, but somehow you conveniently blank out the existence of a similar curse on marriage and childbearing pretending that it does not apply to you if you do not acknowledge it as if God's Words are rendered moot by so doing. lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: I Dated My Ex-husband For 10 Yrs But Our Marriage Lasted Just 1 Yr — Ronke Ojo by deyplay: 11:31pm On Oct 10, 2023
Kobojunkie:
God's curse is not something you can receive or reject as you choose. It is that which God has decreed on all those who engage in the associated activity. undecided
You are aware of God's curse of death on mankind, but somehow you conveniently blank out the existence of a similar curse on marriage and childbearing pretending that it does not apply to you if you do not acknowledge it as if God's Words are rendered moot by so doing. lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
I am a student of the bible, kimdly quote a direct statement from God where he cursed marital Union the way u showed the other curses. Don't give me assumptions or deductions otherwise nobody should pray for blessings because everything is cursed then. Then, I will give you direct statement of God on marital blessings, don't confuse human faults and consequences with curses.
Re: I Dated My Ex-husband For 10 Yrs But Our Marriage Lasted Just 1 Yr — Ronke Ojo by Kobojunkie: 11:36pm On Oct 10, 2023
deyplay:
I am a student of the bible, kimdly quote a direct statement from God where he cursed marital Union the way u showed the other curses. Don't give me assumptions or deductions otherwise nobody should pray for blessings because everything is cursed then. Then, I will give you direct statement of God on marital blessings, don't confuse human faults and consequences with curses.
OK, student of the bible, can you not read what God said there in verse 16 regarding what will befall those women who enter into marriage and those women who resort to giving birth? Or are you conveniently tuning that out?
16 Then God said to the woman, “I will cause you to have much trouble when you are pregnant. And when you give birth to children, you will have much pain. You will want your husband very much, but he will rule over you.”
17 Then God said to the man, “I commanded you not to eat from that tree. But you listened to your wife and ate from it. So I will curse the ground because of you. You will have to work hard all your life for the food the ground produces.
18 The ground will grow thorns and weeds for you. And you will have to eat the plants that grow wild in the fields.
19 You will work hard for your food until your face is covered with sweat. You will work hard until the day you die, and then you will become dust again. I used dust to make you, and when you die, you will become dust again.” - Genesis 3 vs 16 - 19
Re: I Dated My Ex-husband For 10 Yrs But Our Marriage Lasted Just 1 Yr — Ronke Ojo by victooman: 11:52pm On Oct 10, 2023
Jeezuzpick:

She be first-class mumu.

He was gbolarizing her for 11 good years, that's the true picture.

Dating, indeed!

Ode of a woman.
what different does it make, if he had married her after 2 months of dating he will still knack her for 11yrs
Re: I Dated My Ex-husband For 10 Yrs But Our Marriage Lasted Just 1 Yr — Ronke Ojo by seunayantokun(m): 1:02am On Oct 11, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Rubbish thinking! The red flags were more than likely there during dating but like the typical Nigerian mind.... they thought marriage would cure the red flags. undecided
Re: I Dated My Ex-husband For 10 Yrs But Our Marriage Lasted Just 1 Yr — Ronke Ojo by seunayantokun(m): 1:04am On Oct 11, 2023
Everyone has a bottle of wine for their marital life. As wine is made to make people merry, so is marriage ought to offer you a bliss of life. But people in different ways finish their wine at any stage of their living before it is due time. Some due to carelessness or incorrigibility; some due to human or spiritual attacks; some due to lack of discipline; some due to pleasure without measure; etc. If you break, throw away, or finish your wine anyhow anywhere before time or traded it for some goodies of pleasure, you've got to face the other side of it.
Re: I Dated My Ex-husband For 10 Yrs But Our Marriage Lasted Just 1 Yr — Ronke Ojo by Kobojunkie: 1:09am On Oct 11, 2023
seunayantokun:
■ Everyone has a bottle of wine for their marital life. As wine is made to make people merry, so is marriage ought to offer you a bliss of life.
■ But people in different ways finish their wine at any stage of their living before it is due time. Some due to carelessness or incorrigibility; some due to human or spiritual attacks; some due to lack of discipline; some due to pleasure without measure; etc. If you break, throw away, or finish your wine anyhow anywhere before time or traded it for some goodies of pleasure, you've got to face the other side of it.
Many of you like to unnecessarily convolute reality in order to further keep yourselves confused.

So, what about those who didn't date at all, but got married almost right away thanks to family setting them up, only to get divorced a couple of years later? What happened to their so-called wine and marital bliss in that case? undecided

Abeg, wake up from these delusions. There are many folks out there who were formerly into a life or prostitution and are still married and doing better than men and women who entered into marriage as virgins even with religious backgrounds intact. All these confused formulas can't help anyone properly reason life as it really is... simple and straight forward. undecided
Re: I Dated My Ex-husband For 10 Yrs But Our Marriage Lasted Just 1 Yr — Ronke Ojo by wildernessVoice: 3:49am On Oct 11, 2023
What you call dating is fornication.
The man is already tired of you for 10 years cohabitation, how can you enjoy marriage...?
Go and sin no more.

1 Like

Re: I Dated My Ex-husband For 10 Yrs But Our Marriage Lasted Just 1 Yr — Ronke Ojo by Faposky95: 3:58am On Oct 11, 2023
Kobojunkie:
That one na grand lie dem tell una. Most of those marriages were prisons for the women, even some of the men. undecided

A good marriage is one where both individuals enjoy the same freedoms, and that is rare, especially among Nigerians. All others, open your eyes well, and you will see the shackles and bars. undecided

But they produced good fruits....?!
Marriage is not a tea party ......it was used to separate kids from grown ups.
Same freedom....?
Wat does that mean....really...?!
If a successful woman wants to enjoy her marriage, does it mean she has all the freedom she thinks from her captor, the man....?!
Marriage is a permanent war in our temporary lifetime,hence you grow up to make that choice and stick with it.
Like every thing, it's not prefect..... it's just a choice with so many good fruits in the end.
At old age, you'll wish you made your marriage work, no matter wat
Re: I Dated My Ex-husband For 10 Yrs But Our Marriage Lasted Just 1 Yr — Ronke Ojo by toygod2: 4:08am On Oct 11, 2023
Okortor:
I keep telling most of these dumb females that it's not always about HOW FAR but HOW WELL. .........

some ladies would always claim to want to know a man for a long time and prolly deny him sex at first instance thereby starving him sex for a long period of time where as they b giving it out to other guy's who they ain't dating all in the name of they don't want to look cheap to their bf, lol.

Well, it's a wrong notion cos I met my wife wife barely a month and she was everything I needed in a woman as a wife material, barely two day's in our relationship, we has sex and to my surprise , she was a virgin despite her elegant beauty with alluring shape. I was wow! And in less than 3month we got married and are both happily married for 9years with 2boys and 2girls. While those other girls I dated claimed not to look cheap at our first meeting thereby prolonging we having sex so I just laughed and waited Patiently until they were willing to offer it but that doesn't make them wife material or responsible so sex or no sex, men Know who they want to wife!!!!!!!!

Bros, congratulations to you .
Also , your wife was just lucky to met one like you.

Thats not to say , your own yardstick of choosing a wife based on offer of sex easily , is what suits most men and i also understand.

But against you own idea , and to many lady's thought..........if a lady offers sex too cheap in a relationship, to me she is a LovePeddler and has no value.

What then is the difference between her and the official prostitutes , who offers sex same day once they see money?
Re: I Dated My Ex-husband For 10 Yrs But Our Marriage Lasted Just 1 Yr — Ronke Ojo by Kobojunkie: 4:22am On Oct 11, 2023
Faposky95:
■ But they produced good fruits....?!
■ Marriage is not a tea party ......it was used to separate kids from grown ups. Same freedom....? Wat does that mean....really...?!
■ If a successful woman wants to enjoy her marriage, does it mean she has all the freedom she thinks from her captor, the man....?! Marriage is a permanent war in our temporary lifetime,hence you grow up to make that choice and stick with it.
■ Like every thing, it's not prefect..... it's just a choice with so many good fruits in the end. At old age, you'll wish you made your marriage work, no matter wat
1. What good fruits? Are you blind? What you see around you today are the fruits of the practices adopted by your forefathers, so what good fruits are you talking about? Are you under some kind of delusion that what you seem today is removed from the practices of the past 50 or so years? undecided

2. Marriage only separates the foolish from the cunning and wise. Children would do a better job in marriage than many of your ancestors and even parents were able to do in marriage. undecided

3. Storyland! undecided

4. Marriage works only when two are in a team, in agreement. When one partner lives as if a slave under the other, it doesn't. The result is what you have today with everyone guarding themselves against being subjugated by the other, why? Because that is what they grew up to realize of marriage in Nigeria. undecided
Re: I Dated My Ex-husband For 10 Yrs But Our Marriage Lasted Just 1 Yr — Ronke Ojo by Teymanhenry(f): 5:51am On Oct 11, 2023
The main reason most marriages were successful year's back was because of how tolerant and submissive the women(, our mothers) were. Nowadays women will be claiming gender equality in relationships and marriage. The man can only see you as his equal when you provide 50% of finances during your traditional marriage and wedding reception and then provide 50% of everything at the matrimonial home.
Re: I Dated My Ex-husband For 10 Yrs But Our Marriage Lasted Just 1 Yr — Ronke Ojo by BigBizzy(m): 5:51am On Oct 11, 2023
Maybe she's only good for dating.
Re: I Dated My Ex-husband For 10 Yrs But Our Marriage Lasted Just 1 Yr — Ronke Ojo by Jeezuzpick(m): 6:02am On Oct 11, 2023
victooman:
what different does it make, if he had married her after 2 months of dating he will still knack her for 11yrs

E don see her finish without commitment.

After wedding, na de same tin wey dey before, maybe plus attitude and entitlement wey been no dey before.

I fit bet anytin say de guy no love her, but as e don dey chop her, e stay dey chop while having other girls outside.
Re: I Dated My Ex-husband For 10 Yrs But Our Marriage Lasted Just 1 Yr — Ronke Ojo by haphizz57(m): 6:42am On Oct 11, 2023
Think9ja:
He even tried by marrying you.

I don knack you for ten years wetin I want use your toto do again weh go make me marry you?

Even if I marry you as virgin, I swear your toto no go get use to me after max 7yrs.

Law of diminishing marginal utility will set in

I hate old/slacked/over-used pussy I swear

And u dnt want to av poligamus home

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

P-Square To Fans: "We Have Started Again; 2 Heads Are Better Than 1" (Video) / Uriel Oputa Reacts To "Saggy" Boobs Comments By Fans (Video) / Janemena And Andre Hold Wedding Introduction In Delta State (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.