Stats: 3,156,268 members, 7,829,574 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 08:57 AM

FG To Mandate Airlines To Pay Compensation For Delayed, Cancelled Flights - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG To Mandate Airlines To Pay Compensation For Delayed, Cancelled Flights (9526 Views)

Osun: Gov Adeleke Gives Reasons For Delayed March Salaries / APC Peace Panel Gets 170 Petitions, Blames COVID-19 For Delayed Sittings / Abia To Pay Compensation For Land For Airport Project (2) (3) (4)

Re: FG To Mandate Airlines To Pay Compensation For Delayed, Cancelled Flights by wittywriter: 12:50pm On Oct 10, 2023
TemplarLandry:
cool That's the international standard.
You delay my flight, you compensate me.

#RenewedHope

Badgers14:
Can they enforce it?

Wittyness.
Re: FG To Mandate Airlines To Pay Compensation For Delayed, Cancelled Flights by jrusky(m): 12:52pm On Oct 10, 2023
That is how it should be. Fully supported 100%.
Re: FG To Mandate Airlines To Pay Compensation For Delayed, Cancelled Flights by erico2k2(m): 12:53pm On Oct 10, 2023
Re: FG To Mandate Airlines To Pay Compensation For Delayed, Cancelled Flights by Charly68: 12:57pm On Oct 10, 2023
Best practice all over the world . It is only on African soil that Arlines turned themselves to law. They disappoint disappoint passengers but never allow passengers to disappoint them
Re: FG To Mandate Airlines To Pay Compensation For Delayed, Cancelled Flights by Nobody: 12:58pm On Oct 10, 2023

Re: FG To Mandate Airlines To Pay Compensation For Delayed, Cancelled Flights by Mrbenny001: 1:01pm On Oct 10, 2023
They better be careful no go push airlines to start risking people's life o.. what happens when the whether is bad or need emergency maintenance..
Re: FG To Mandate Airlines To Pay Compensation For Delayed, Cancelled Flights by ehikwe22: 1:03pm On Oct 10, 2023
It's not going to work unless the payment will be made from the pocket of the government itself because a majority of the missed flights are caused by the Airport authority itself - when one minister or governor/senator wants to take off or land, the airport authority informs the airport to suspend all flights. That's manifestation of stupidity

Re: FG To Mandate Airlines To Pay Compensation For Delayed, Cancelled Flights by newnigerdelta00: 1:04pm On Oct 10, 2023
Taylor92:
Festus Kayamo wants to be active like the Passport minister of a guy

He wants to show fake working

Deadmen don’t count

You calling dem Deadmen ,what are you, what is your job? Nigerians most of you are witchers
Re: FG To Mandate Airlines To Pay Compensation For Delayed, Cancelled Flights by MissWords: 1:07pm On Oct 10, 2023
Yeah true
Re: FG To Mandate Airlines To Pay Compensation For Delayed, Cancelled Flights by AFconsult1(m): 1:11pm On Oct 10, 2023
PROPHETmichael:
In Nigeria, it is better for flights to be delayed than for you not to reach your destination.
Re: FG To Mandate Airlines To Pay Compensation For Delayed, Cancelled Flights by candygist: 1:15pm On Oct 10, 2023
Taylor92:

Deadmen don’t count

Even if Nigeria turn to heaven today, you all will still complain. All bcus Peter Obi did not win grin grin
Re: FG To Mandate Airlines To Pay Compensation For Delayed, Cancelled Flights by donproject2(m): 1:27pm On Oct 10, 2023
OMEGA009:
United Nigeria, watch out.

Air peace is their grandmaster, they have diploma in delaying flights

Re: FG To Mandate Airlines To Pay Compensation For Delayed, Cancelled Flights by DaddyGngeess(m): 1:28pm On Oct 10, 2023
I will collect money for this well well, since on Friday last week arik has been cancelling my flight and rescheduling without my consent
Re: FG To Mandate Airlines To Pay Compensation For Delayed, Cancelled Flights by profodbaba: 1:29pm On Oct 10, 2023
Now this is good.

We can get you remote job in 15 days for 10k only. Reach out to Lekan on +2348187466074 ( WhatsApp only)
Re: FG To Mandate Airlines To Pay Compensation For Delayed, Cancelled Flights by balher(m): 1:31pm On Oct 10, 2023
If this law implemented, then airline may hike flight fare so as to cover cost of compensation to be paid to its customers for possible delay experienced. Airlines will also claim that some delays are beyond their control.
Re: FG To Mandate Airlines To Pay Compensation For Delayed, Cancelled Flights by 1972xy: 1:32pm On Oct 10, 2023
Taylor92:

Deadmen don’t count
you call dar fake working?
I don't blame you when you have not seeing the four corner of the airport in your life.
Thank you Hon. Minister.
Re: FG To Mandate Airlines To Pay Compensation For Delayed, Cancelled Flights by ufotunang: 1:33pm On Oct 10, 2023
PROPHETmichael:
In Nigeria, it is better for flights to be delayed than for you not to reach your destination.
...abi.. that is true ..it's better to be late than never 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
Re: FG To Mandate Airlines To Pay Compensation For Delayed, Cancelled Flights by ufotunang: 1:37pm On Oct 10, 2023
Then also government you should also pay compensation to nigerians for not fulifiling your campaign promises , deceiving nigerians and . putting nigerians in poverty hunger hardship
Re: FG To Mandate Airlines To Pay Compensation For Delayed, Cancelled Flights by Nobody: 1:43pm On Oct 10, 2023
Good decision. Lots of people have suffered flight delays and cancellations causing waste of time and money
Re: FG To Mandate Airlines To Pay Compensation For Delayed, Cancelled Flights by Chinny024(f): 1:43pm On Oct 10, 2023
TemplarLandry:
cool That's the international standard.
You delay my flight, you compensate me.

#RenewedHope

How is this hope to be renewed pls?.

How much is diesel,gas,petrol and food stuffs in ur area?

The nation deserve better hope pls.

SEE HOW THEY ARE FIGHTING FOR THE COMPENSATION BECAUSE IT AFFECTS THEM ON DAILY BASIS..THE ONE THAT CONCERNS COMMON MAN,IS NON OF THEIR BUSINESS.

Selfish policies turned renewed hope..

I sincerely weep for you guys!
Re: FG To Mandate Airlines To Pay Compensation For Delayed, Cancelled Flights by Coldie(m): 1:44pm On Oct 10, 2023
PROPHETmichael:
People like u are the problem of Nigeria.

This is the reason y Nigeria is an anyhow country where 1+1 can't give u 2, y people fast and pray for simple things.

Human errors to u that are 100% avoidable to u is the will of God. It's the reason somebody will apply for international passport and human being go carry ur document keep one side for 8months, instead of to mk laws to stop such u go say: its better for ur passport to be delayed than for u to no reach ur destination
Re: FG To Mandate Airlines To Pay Compensation For Delayed, Cancelled Flights by EjehDtiger: 1:52pm On Oct 10, 2023
Taylor92:

Deadmen don’t count

Shut up! Wetin concern dead men here. Let the guy do his job. Is aviation immigration? Ok, because they both have tion.
Re: FG To Mandate Airlines To Pay Compensation For Delayed, Cancelled Flights by Chetas81(m): 1:54pm On Oct 10, 2023
Taylor92:

Deadmen don’t count
because the citizen are fake, that is why they always do the fake things under fake behaviour
Re: FG To Mandate Airlines To Pay Compensation For Delayed, Cancelled Flights by Switruth: 2:06pm On Oct 10, 2023
Arik go pay tire especially the last sallah period. Those guys dey owe me plenty oh.
Re: FG To Mandate Airlines To Pay Compensation For Delayed, Cancelled Flights by Father254: 2:38pm On Oct 10, 2023
ijustdey:

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2023/10/fg-to-mandate-airlines-to-pay-compensation-for-delayed-cancelled-flights/

Not only airlines. All these internet providers like Airtel should be paying for damages for losses from poor network.

I was working online and I needed to cash out within minutes. Network went out before I can connect with another network big money just left me. I called the Airtel customer service number 300 the problem was resolved after a day. No compensation and I still lost the balance data because it expires same day.

No place to lay down my compliant. Very depressed.
Re: FG To Mandate Airlines To Pay Compensation For Delayed, Cancelled Flights by Mustiboy(m): 2:40pm On Oct 10, 2023
Dagenius53:

Actually 90%

So you're saying 20 million Nigerians take flights? That's also not correct.

It should be more like 99%, 2 million Nigerians, and that's me even being generous

Re: FG To Mandate Airlines To Pay Compensation For Delayed, Cancelled Flights by chaloskyx: 2:40pm On Oct 10, 2023
no such thing would happen this is Nigeria its a country where lawlessnes is welcome and justice does not exist
Re: FG To Mandate Airlines To Pay Compensation For Delayed, Cancelled Flights by ShootThemAll(m): 2:43pm On Oct 10, 2023
They should o... I don't just know what's going on with our domestic airlines most especially Arik. Still at the airport for a 10:40am flight they moved it to 2:30pm up till now no info.

I am leaving this country tomorrow, 9ja is a shithole country, NOTHING IS WORKING!
Re: FG To Mandate Airlines To Pay Compensation For Delayed, Cancelled Flights by Coolcat95: 3:02pm On Oct 10, 2023
Kingpele:
Who will pay Peter obi for delayed mandate

Agba amu🐖🐖🐖🐖🐖
Re: FG To Mandate Airlines To Pay Compensation For Delayed, Cancelled Flights by Exceed15: 3:24pm On Oct 10, 2023
All they do is to, to , to until end of their administration.
Re: FG To Mandate Airlines To Pay Compensation For Delayed, Cancelled Flights by Dagenius53: 3:40pm On Oct 10, 2023
Mustiboy:

So you're saying 20 million Nigerians take flights? That's also not correct.

It should be more like 99%, 2 million Nigerians, and that's me even being generous
You are right, I didn't want to exaggerate too

Re: FG To Mandate Airlines To Pay Compensation For Delayed, Cancelled Flights by Bimpe29: 4:42pm On Oct 10, 2023
This is impressive and commendable. Hopefully, this will come into fruition.

President Buhari Mourns Olaniwun Ajayi / Britain To Cut Its Foreign Aid Money To Nigeria By 50% / See How Governor Ganduje Was "Greeted" On His Way To Bail His Deputy