Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,271 members, 7,829,591 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 09:13 AM

Army Discovers Bombs In Ikeja 21 Years After Blast, Begins Clearance - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Army Discovers Bombs In Ikeja 21 Years After Blast, Begins Clearance (28722 Views)

Army Discovers Burnt Corpses Of Policemen & Cannibalism In ESN Imo Camp / Planting Of Bombs In Southeast: Your Withdrawal After-thought, Group Blasts Umeh / Umeh Kalu: Nigerian Army Planting Bombs In South-East & Blaming IPOB (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Army Discovers Bombs In Ikeja 21 Years After Blast, Begins Clearance by MrNipplesLover(m): 12:18pm On Oct 11, 2023
Timoleon:

How much be ashawo that year? Must have been around #300

U be oracle... โœ…โœ…โœ…
Re: Army Discovers Bombs In Ikeja 21 Years After Blast, Begins Clearance by Omoluabi16(m): 12:23pm On Oct 11, 2023
I remember vividly just like yesterday and felt it thousands of miles away. It was unbelievable that the whole of Lagos seriously quaked from that event so I wonder how the Maryland and obanikoro people event went through that day. I think KSB did a tribute song to the victims. It was indeed a black Sunday.
Re: Army Discovers Bombs In Ikeja 21 Years After Blast, Begins Clearance by Omoluabi16(m): 12:26pm On Oct 11, 2023
Sleekfingers:
After 21 years? There is something wrong with this country
Even WW1 and WW2 bombs are still being discovered. So it's not a Nigerian thing.
Re: Army Discovers Bombs In Ikeja 21 Years After Blast, Begins Clearance by ellizy(m): 12:54pm On Oct 11, 2023
Think9ja:

How did you do the math?
I'm 30 and I was in primary 4 or so that time. Dude should be 35 now
I was in the jss2 then. And now I'm 30 just needed someone to console myself of not getting married till this day...
Re: Army Discovers Bombs In Ikeja 21 Years After Blast, Begins Clearance by 2Radii: 1:06pm On Oct 11, 2023
spencekat:
You na Gen Z abi which Gen now? grin
Millenia grin grin

1 Like

Re: Army Discovers Bombs In Ikeja 21 Years After Blast, Begins Clearance by 2Radii: 1:08pm On Oct 11, 2023
ellizy:

I was in the jss2 then. And now I'm 30 just needed someone to console myself of not getting married till this day...
U mean u were in jss2 at just 8ยฟ?

Crosscheck bro, confirm it well ooh grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Army Discovers Bombs In Ikeja 21 Years After Blast, Begins Clearance by Truthshotcrazy: 1:21pm On Oct 11, 2023
illicit:
That year I dey JSS 2

I saw the victims on TV, some drowned inside canal

๐Ÿค•
Just like me. I dey JSS1.
Omo U don old o. grin Hope u don marry born plenty pikin wink
Re: Army Discovers Bombs In Ikeja 21 Years After Blast, Begins Clearance by Think9ja(m): 1:30pm On Oct 11, 2023
ellizy:

U de JS 2 at 7years?
I said 7 because it happened in January. If you weren't born in January, you would still be 7 as at when it happened. I'm 30 and I'm not getting married even in the next 3yrs
Re: Army Discovers Bombs In Ikeja 21 Years After Blast, Begins Clearance by illicit(m): 2:02pm On Oct 11, 2023
Truthshotcrazy:

Just like me. I dey JSS1.
Omo U don old o. grin Hope u don marry born plenty pikin wink

๐Ÿ™„

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Army Discovers Bombs In Ikeja 21 Years After Blast, Begins Clearance by Kelemu(f): 2:28pm On Oct 11, 2023
FireUpNow:

Which of the secondary school for Anthony village? Aladura abi na Anthony village high school?
I have seen my neighbors here, I am still at Anthony village
Re: Army Discovers Bombs In Ikeja 21 Years After Blast, Begins Clearance by Kelemu(f): 2:41pm On Oct 11, 2023
FireUpNow:

I attended Aladura Comprehensive school.
what year did you graduate from ACHS?
I also attended ACHS
Re: Army Discovers Bombs In Ikeja 21 Years After Blast, Begins Clearance by Sternvillesltd: 2:48pm On Oct 11, 2023
We need to let the entire naoraland know that the boy behind this is a scammar
Please, Get a Professional Company Logo or Letterhead for Businesses for 2k only

pay on delivery
Drop us your Company name for your Logo
https://forms.gle/EwhFJE4W9s2T7NBK7

He scammed me with sum of 25k for a website and here's proof

Re: Army Discovers Bombs In Ikeja 21 Years After Blast, Begins Clearance by BlueAir: 2:52pm On Oct 11, 2023
The incident feels like yesterday. The trauma alone when I remember what happened that night is not from here
Re: Army Discovers Bombs In Ikeja 21 Years After Blast, Begins Clearance by FireUpNow(m): 3:04pm On Oct 11, 2023
Kelemu:
what year did you graduate from ACHS?
I also attended ACHS

Yes I graduated from. ACHS,, I came in SS11992 and left 1992 when amre Alabi was the principal. A very short woman then
Re: Army Discovers Bombs In Ikeja 21 Years After Blast, Begins Clearance by THEGALADIMA(m): 4:35pm On Oct 11, 2023
You're real for remembering that KSB Tribute....the video was so surreal mean.

quote author=Omoluabi16 post=126335159]I remember vividly just like yesterday and felt it thousands of miles away. It was unbelievable that the whole of Lagos seriously quaked from that event so I wonder how the Maryland and obanikoro people event went through that day. I think KSB did a tribute song to the victims. It was indeed a black Sunday.[/quote]
Re: Army Discovers Bombs In Ikeja 21 Years After Blast, Begins Clearance by Chummynoni(m): 6:50pm On Oct 11, 2023
b0rn2fuck:
months after the bomb last explosion ,na so them carry cantonment student come our school for Anthony village Lagos, then wan come form Voltron on top of our territory. The war between us and cantonment students no bi small tin, teachers later invite soldiers, na soldiers sort ham las las. Come see as military men dey come back secondary students on top fight between both the Anthony village high school, ajao estate Senior high school and army cantonment. Some people chop better kobokobo, me na mumu dey. I no dey pass inside class and football field
the same way they brought army cantonment students to my school in Maryland (immaculate) those people were troublemakers, especially their ugly girls. They would even draw line for us not to cross in our school compound o because a building was allocated to them. This people really ride us then lol because our senior were in the next compound away from us๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚I just thank God it was on a Sunday, it would have been more catastrophic if it was during the week. Many parents would have died from heart attack especially we going to Maryland/obanikoro etc from ketu, mile12 etc.

1 Like

Re: Army Discovers Bombs In Ikeja 21 Years After Blast, Begins Clearance by RhodaNelly: 7:30pm On Oct 11, 2023
Can never forget that tragic incident in a hurry.
We lived in Ikeja then.
I was sent on an errand and was on my way back with a friend when it all started.
Just a few minutes before 5:30pm that Sunday evening. The stampede was terrible, as people scampered for safety, even little children left the grip of their parents. Now instead of me to run along with the crowd, I ran against the crowd. I was running home to my family to see if they were still there. It was as if I was running directly to where the blast was sounding from but I didn't care at that point.
Thank God I met every one safe.
My late Dad (a para-military personnel) was so courageous not to have shown the fear in his heart to us his children. He drove us in his car to an open field and asked us to seat on the grass and cover our ears. The blasts were deafening. To distract our minds (and also brace us up for the worst) he started telling us stories of how he fought during the Nigerian Civil war as a teenager. . I so miss my beloved Dad. My father was the best Dad ever liveth.

2 Likes

Re: Army Discovers Bombs In Ikeja 21 Years After Blast, Begins Clearance by ayandee: 2:52am On Oct 12, 2023
RhodaNelly:
Can never forget that tragic incident in a hurry.
We lived in Ikeja then.
I was sent on an errand and was on my way back with a friend when it all started.
Just a few minutes before 5:30pm that Sunday evening. The stampede was terrible, as people scampered for safety, even little children left the grip of their parents. Now instead of me to run along with the crowd, I ran against the crowd. I was running home to my family to see if they were still there. It was as if I was running directly to where the blast was sounding from but I didn't care at that point.
Thank God I met every one safe.
My late Dad (a para-military personnel) was so courageous not to have shown the fear in his heart to us his children. He drove us in his car to an field and asked us to seat on the grass and cover our ears. The blasts were deafening. To distract our minds he started telling us stories of how he fought during the Nigerian Civil war as a teenager. . I so miss my beloved Dad.
Your dad was indeed a brave man.

1 Like

Re: Army Discovers Bombs In Ikeja 21 Years After Blast, Begins Clearance by ellizy(m): 1:31pm On Oct 12, 2023
Think9ja:

U de JS 2 at 7years?
I said 7 because it happened in January. If you weren't born in January, you would still be 7 as at when it happened. I'm 30 and I'm not getting married even in the next 3yrs
Y
I was actually wrong saying js2, I was in primary4 then
Re: Army Discovers Bombs In Ikeja 21 Years After Blast, Begins Clearance by Kelemu(f): 7:53pm On Oct 12, 2023
I started in 2001 jss1 and graduated in 2007 ss3, Rev Ayeni was our then principal
FireUpNow:

Yes I graduated from. ACHS,, I came in SS11992 and left 1992 when amre Alabi was the principal. A very short woman then
Re: Army Discovers Bombs In Ikeja 21 Years After Blast, Begins Clearance by FireUpNow(m): 11:20pm On Oct 12, 2023
Kelemu:
I started in 2001 jss1 and graduated in 2007 ss3, Rev Ayeni was our then principal
Sorry it was 1990 that I came in to ACHS, the name you mentioned as the principal Rev Ayeni sounds familiar to me because during my time Mr Ayeni was a teacher then he was a very gentleman and dark in complexion
Re: Army Discovers Bombs In Ikeja 21 Years After Blast, Begins Clearance by Kelemu(f): 4:23pm On Oct 14, 2023
Yes you are right, he was my dad's maths teacher (Mr Ayeni) then in the 70's
FireUpNow:

Sorry it was 1990 that I came in to ACHS, the name you mentioned as the principal Rev Ayeni sounds familiar to me because during my time Mr Ayeni was a teacher then he was a very gentleman and dark in complexion
Re: Army Discovers Bombs In Ikeja 21 Years After Blast, Begins Clearance by FireUpNow(m): 2:54am On Oct 15, 2023
Kelemu:
Yes you are right, he was my dad's maths teacher (Mr Ayeni) then in the 70's
I was taught Maths, Physics and Chemistry by a Ghanaian teacher called Mr Kushitor

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Defection: How Osinbajo Made Us Donate Akpabio To APC โ€“ PDP / Buhari Receives Orji Uzor Kalu In Daura (photos) / EMT: Osinbajoโ€™s Position As VP Has Become Totally Irrelevant โ€“ Afenifere

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.