Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,982 members, 7,817,900 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:20 PM

Is It Polite To Ask For A Man/woman's Contact Info In First Meet? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is It Polite To Ask For A Man/woman's Contact Info In First Meet? (1012 Views)

Is It Polite To Wear This As A Man????(pictures))) / How Her Friends Look At You When You First Meet Them / What To Say When U First Meet A Girl! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Polite To Ask For A Man/woman's Contact Info In First Meet? by ilovelagos: 6:43pm On Oct 22, 2011
Is it polite to ask for a man/woman's contact info in first meet?
If it is ok, how would you start?
If you have been asked about it and you do not want to tell, how will you refuse?
Re: Is It Polite To Ask For A Man/woman's Contact Info In First Meet? by pendo89(f): 6:55pm On Oct 22, 2011
you are not specific here.
If it's biz,ask. >> exchange cards or write down
If its a complete stranger, no thanks>> Walk away as fast as I can
If its somebody am eyeing, well courtesy demands that I do so.>>get to know their names first, buy them coffee and pick it from there.

Now your last question is funny. If you don't fancy the person just tell them No, I do not share private contacts unless we have something going on.
Re: Is It Polite To Ask For A Man/woman's Contact Info In First Meet? by ilovelagos: 7:01pm On Oct 22, 2011
Thank you Pendo
Re: Is It Polite To Ask For A Man/woman's Contact Info In First Meet? by Orikinla(m): 7:30pm On Oct 22, 2011
pendo89:

you are not specific here.
If it's biz,ask. >> exchange cards or write down
If its a complete stranger, no thanks>> Walk away as fast as I can
If its somebody am eyeing, well courtesy demands that I do so.>>get to know their names first, buy them coffee and pick it from there.

Now your last question is funny. If you don't fancy the person just tell them No, I do not share private contacts unless we have something going on.

. This is the right Advice for every Nigerian Girl and Woman. But the "desperate for relationship" hordes will never accept such a wise advice. They can even give their numbers to monkeys in a tuxedo.
Re: Is It Polite To Ask For A Man/woman's Contact Info In First Meet? by bekay911(f): 7:39pm On Oct 22, 2011
i hate it wen ppl ask me for ma numba jst meetn me for d first tym especially strangers it gives ne d impression dat ur a desperado .it is wrong and impolite even selfish unless for business reasons
Re: Is It Polite To Ask For A Man/woman's Contact Info In First Meet? by Orikinla(m): 8:28pm On Oct 22, 2011
bekay911:

i hate it wen ppl ask me for ma numba jst meetn me for d first tym especially strangers it gives ne d impression dat your a desperado .it is wrong and impolite even selfish unless for business reasons

Wise decision.
Re: Is It Polite To Ask For A Man/woman's Contact Info In First Meet? by Dsense(m): 8:31pm On Oct 22, 2011
OP,

Tell me what you needed to ask of if not a mean of communication?
Re: Is It Polite To Ask For A Man/woman's Contact Info In First Meet? by MrsChima1(f): 8:33pm On Oct 22, 2011
Oh lawd! He got his internet connection again! Sighs.
Re: Is It Polite To Ask For A Man/woman's Contact Info In First Meet? by BABE3: 8:41pm On Oct 22, 2011
bekay911:

i hate it wen ppl ask me for ma numba jst meetn me for d first tym especially strangers it gives ne d impression dat your a desperado .it is wrong and impolite even selfish unless for business reasons

undecided

Wrong? Impolite? Selfish?   Worrahell?

Why shouldn't they ask for your number if they want to?  

They randomly meet you in a random place; find you attractive; want to know more about you and ask for your phone number (because odds are they will never see you again).

What exactly is selfish and Impolite about that?

If you ain't "feeling" the guy, then you can choose not to give him your number, but if you are liking what you see then why the long thing?

Too much effizy jo abeg----  grin

Re: Is It Polite To Ask For A Man/woman's Contact Info In First Meet? by Dsense(m): 8:48pm On Oct 22, 2011
Hey Chima . . U suck . . Missed you Love kiss kiss . . .U know wah?
I just feel like touching u right now babe . . .come on AIM . .got couple of things to ask kiss
Re: Is It Polite To Ask For A Man/woman's Contact Info In First Meet? by Lax75(m): 8:48pm On Oct 22, 2011
Awwww,

Babe mi.

I like this ur new picture ooo. So cute. Fyne gal no wrinkles  grin

@ Poster. Nothing wrong with asking, however it all depends on the "askee." What I'm saying is the askee would be the one to determine if this is an offensive request or not. I guess there's only one way to find out  smiley
Re: Is It Polite To Ask For A Man/woman's Contact Info In First Meet? by BABE3: 8:53pm On Oct 22, 2011
^^^ I wish you could see my face atm; I'm grinning from ear to ear.  grin

Tanks alot!
Re: Is It Polite To Ask For A Man/woman's Contact Info In First Meet? by Parisgoodman(m): 9:22pm On Oct 22, 2011
well, how matured u are will tell how u collet d numba. like d waffi guy can just pretend 2 b looking 4 his fone n might ask u 2 give him urs so he can flash it and that's all, d rest is left 4 u 2 ansa d call or not.
Re: Is It Polite To Ask For A Man/woman's Contact Info In First Meet? by bekay911(f): 9:29pm On Oct 22, 2011
Orikinla:

Wise decision.

I bet sum dudes dont read d facial expression and body language n gestures of the people dey r askin der numbas. U dnt randomly meet a stranger and give dem ur numba all in d name of attraction
@ babe if na so ur effizy reach am sorry cos if u c 100 dudes cos u gbadu dem u give dem ur numba u neva c fear
Re: Is It Polite To Ask For A Man/woman's Contact Info In First Meet? by MissyB3(f): 9:42pm On Oct 22, 2011
I dunno about it being polite or not, but it's a turn off for some of us.

Many have been rejected for this reason.
I have to be really attracted to you at first sight not to say 'No' to your request.
There's time for everything. . . .After some Hi-s, smiles, meetings and repeated exchange of pleasantries, the time might just be right.
Re: Is It Polite To Ask For A Man/woman's Contact Info In First Meet? by MrsChima1(f): 9:51pm On Oct 22, 2011
D-sense:

Hey Chima . . U suck  . . Missed you Love kiss kiss . . .U know wah?
I just feel like touching u right now babe . . .come on AIM . .got couple of things to ask kiss

D-sense:

Hey Chima . . U suck . . Missed you Love kiss kiss . . .U know wah?

Touching me? Oh lawd! Somebody help me! cry cry cry cry cryOn there cussing you out. tongue

You know Koyoke and Jaybee are jealous men. lipsrsealed
Re: Is It Polite To Ask For A Man/woman's Contact Info In First Meet? by BABE3: 10:03pm On Oct 22, 2011
bekay911:

@ babe if na so your effizy reach am sorry cos if u c 100 dudes cos u gbadu dem u give dem your numba u neva c fear  

Re: Is It Polite To Ask For A Man/woman's Contact Info In First Meet? by Dsense(m): 10:15pm On Oct 22, 2011
Mrs, Chima:

Touching me? Oh lawd! Somebody help me! cry cry cry cry cryOn there cussing you out. tongue

You know Koyoke and Jaybee are jealous men. lipsrsealed

A typical Alien grin grin grin
Re: Is It Polite To Ask For A Man/woman's Contact Info In First Meet? by slimyem: 11:37pm On Oct 22, 2011
This isnt even a question of being rude/polite.my giving out my no on a first meet depends on who's asking and the style/method of asking.
we must have had at least a two minute convo in which i would have done my own lil assessment of your person.If i dig you and you sound sensible,you'll have it.
If i dont,then NO!
Re: Is It Polite To Ask For A Man/woman's Contact Info In First Meet? by claremont(m): 11:50pm On Oct 22, 2011

1. Is it polite to ask for a man/woman's contact info in first meet?
Answer: It is neither polite nor impolite, it's a simple case of a simple question being asked.The onus rests on the person the question is directed to, to answer it or ignore it.

2. If it is ok, how would you start?
Answer: Can I have your phone number please?!

3. If you have been asked about it and you do not want to tell, how will you refuse?
Answer: I am sorry, but I only give my phone number to people I consider to be my close friends and family. No hard feelings though.

(1) (Reply)

Am GREATLY Disappointed With Anonymus11 N Killz. / Who Would You Chose? / Those You Must Never Fall In Love With

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.