Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,261 members, 7,822,322 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 10:01 AM

Gani Fawehinmi: Story Of The Legendary Legal And Humanitarian Icon - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gani Fawehinmi: Story Of The Legendary Legal And Humanitarian Icon (10211 Views)

Lagos Police Warn Protesters To Stop Advancing Gani Fawehinmi Park (Video, Photo / Police Barricade Gani Fawehinmi Park Venue Of Amotekun Rally In Lagos (photos) / Throwback: "Gani Fawehinmi Endorses Buhari For President" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Gani Fawehinmi: Story Of The Legendary Legal And Humanitarian Icon by Osanoghodua1: 12:10pm On Oct 15, 2023
I was still in school when Gani died, I wept even though I was an Engineering student. I usually read journals about him. I had to sacrifice a full day and a week to reading about him in the library newspaper stand. His chamber helped Oshiomhole reclaimed his mandate, Gani was already sick then just that doctors were treating a different thing. Can we ever have men like Gani again? Yes we will, we do have young men springing up but are scared of been killed.

1 Like

Re: Gani Fawehinmi: Story Of The Legendary Legal And Humanitarian Icon by MightySparrow: 1:17pm On Oct 15, 2023
He was a yoruba man of steel.

1 Like

Re: Gani Fawehinmi: Story Of The Legendary Legal And Humanitarian Icon by mctech(m): 1:46pm On Oct 15, 2023
Festus Keyamo was supposed to be his protege but now hobnobbing with politicians.

1 Like

Re: Gani Fawehinmi: Story Of The Legendary Legal And Humanitarian Icon by bluefilm: 2:11pm On Oct 15, 2023
Gani is a true icon.

Not the other one.

1 Like

Re: Gani Fawehinmi: Story Of The Legendary Legal And Humanitarian Icon by Vinnie2000(m): 2:38pm On Oct 15, 2023
MightySparrow:
He was a yoruba man of steel.

One of the Top 4 GREATEST YORUBAS! smiley

*Obafemi Awolowo
*Olusegun Obasanjo
*Fela Anikulakpo
*Gani Fawehimmi. 😊🙂

The likes of DRUGGIE Tinubu and COwardly Wole Soyinka can NEVER make even Top 10 of a Compiled List! 😏😒
Re: Gani Fawehinmi: Story Of The Legendary Legal And Humanitarian Icon by stormborn28(m): 2:50pm On Oct 15, 2023
The only Nigeria I respect till date both dead or alive

1 Like

Re: Gani Fawehinmi: Story Of The Legendary Legal And Humanitarian Icon by rowrowland: 3:14pm On Oct 15, 2023
Racoon:
However, today you said a despicable man like the certificate forger on seat is deemed fit for office, well let conscience and posterity judge who was right or wrong.
1. Let the court decide.
2. I's clear Tinubu attended and graduated from CSU.
3. Truth is [b]Gani had no idea what we all know now.
4. We need some clarity around pre-CSU records, we all know how travel runs were made back then before digitalization. Possibly a family made an arrangement for a son of theirs back then.
Re: Gani Fawehinmi: Story Of The Legendary Legal And Humanitarian Icon by blunt2dcore(m): 3:46pm On Oct 15, 2023
Racoon:

https:///NigeriaStories/status/1713163799140675699?t=46k3DE47RpOiRWH_JoJ_hA&s=08

Gani Fawehinmi
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gani_Fawehinmi

Gani was an icon when it comes to human rights activism. So sad that the bad government frustrated his efforts through unlawful detentions, wrong health diagnosis also cut his life short. Chief Gani remains forever in our hearts. his legacy lives on.

1 Like

Re: Gani Fawehinmi: Story Of The Legendary Legal And Humanitarian Icon by PrimadonnaO(f): 5:43pm On Oct 15, 2023
Tinubu:

I am also a legal practitioner... I also graduated from Obafemi Awolowo University Faculty of Law that Gani and his son Kamal graduated from.. So no be you go lecture me about Gani

Like I said, let the dead rest...

Well, it depends on how old you are.

Those things you've stated substantiate nothing.

1 Like

Re: Gani Fawehinmi: Story Of The Legendary Legal And Humanitarian Icon by themanderon: 7:34pm On Oct 15, 2023
None can fill his shoes. You will never be forgotten. Sad that the great Nigeria you hoped for has still not materialized in fact things have become worse and some of his colleagues have sold their souls and now gleefully wine and dine with thieves who have seized power.
Re: Gani Fawehinmi: Story Of The Legendary Legal And Humanitarian Icon by ejimatic: 7:59pm On Oct 15, 2023
Racoon:

https:///NigeriaStories/status/1713163799140675699?t=46k3DE47RpOiRWH_JoJ_hA&s=08

Gani Fawehinmi
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gani_Fawehinmi

. My most respected human right activist.

He was detained by Babangida only to be released and handed over to Ooni of Ife late Oba Sijwade.

Fawehinmi always be waited for arrest anytime and had a detension bag in his house.

Sadly Nigerian activists now create scenes in court (Soworo Yele and others)

Fawehinmi was a man of his people
Re: Gani Fawehinmi: Story Of The Legendary Legal And Humanitarian Icon by paskal16: 8:59pm On Oct 15, 2023
Tilumpoo nemesis
But yoroubas would hate him
Just to masturbate on their druggie daddy
Re: Gani Fawehinmi: Story Of The Legendary Legal And Humanitarian Icon by Doyinlykdodo(m): 10:04pm On Oct 15, 2023
Dad drove chief gani for over 20 years.was with him when he was attacked by over zealot tinubu supporters on federal high court ikoyi road.my dad is always awed when he hears the name gani

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

CPC House Of Reps Member Beaten By Constituents / Marketers Raise Petrol Price To ₦170, Depots Suffer Shortage / Nigeria: Malabu Oil Scam - How U.S.$1.1 Billion Was Shared

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.