Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,069 members, 7,818,188 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:53 AM

First Care For Baby's Teeth - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / First Care For Baby's Teeth (1735 Views)

Mum Forcefully Brushing Her Son's Teeth ( Hilarious Photo ) / Help!!! Sequence Of How Baby Teeth Should Come Out. / Short Igbo Names For Baby Girl And Meaning Needed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

First Care For Baby's Teeth by antokay(m): 9:50am On Oct 23, 2011
Good habits are most easily established young. If you wish to save a lot of money on dentist visits and spare your child the pain of tooth decay, you will begin them very young in the behavior of caring for their mouths. Brushing new teeth should change into as routine as taking baths and washing hands.

First teeth start erupting when a baby is between three and 6 months. Once or twice a day you'll be able to clear your babies gum ridges with a finger lined in a clear baby washcloth. A baby washcloth is best than an peculiar one as a result of it is thinner and will probably be much less material to trigger your baby to gag.

When baby is starting on their first stable foods across the age of six months, you may observe up with sips of water. Drinking water is an effective method to clear out a mouth, and additionally it is an ideal alternative to begin to transition a child to drinking from a cup. Even should you plan to breastfeed your child into their toddler years, your child can nonetheless be introduced to water in a cup during meals of strong foods. If the drinking water in your home doesn't have fluoride you must consider a fluoride complement in your child between the ages of 6 months and sixteen years.

Upon getting a few teeth of their mouth to brush, you possibly can switch from the washcloth to a child's or toddler's toothbrush. Brush gently when you can't avoid the gum area. You are able to do without the toothpaste until they're sufficiently old to spit it out, which is across the age of three. There are also toddler toothpastes avaiable for purchase that are safe for children to swallow. If the family toothpaste is just too strong in taste for the child you can attempt a children's toothpaste or milder-flavored toothpaste with out synthetic sweeteners that may be discovered in lots of health meals stores.

You will probably need to present a large amount of supervision in the teeth brushing till a child is seven or eight years old. Earlier than then you may let the child take the toothbrush in hand and take a look at it themselves, but many children have issue with the up and down movement needed to wash teeth alongside the gum line. Verify after they have brushed, make a visual spot examine and follow up with the comb when food may be seen along the gum line or caught in molars. Read more,
Re: First Care For Baby's Teeth by obowunmi(m): 8:10am On Oct 24, 2011
I thought floride was bad for the teeth ?
Re: First Care For Baby's Teeth by blank(f): 1:05pm On Oct 24, 2011
Flouride is bad especially for growing permanent teeth. It is okay for adults. Too much flouride is what gives teeth that mottled brown colour. The amount of flouride necessary for a kid is different than that for an adult.

I use a flouride free toothpaste for my LO. I make sure i brush his teeth twice a day.

(1) (Reply)

White Man Brutally Knocks Out A Woman In A Mall / Lady Dumps Nigerian Man Who Spent Over N950k 2 Marry Her 2wks After Marriage(Pix / MY ENCOUNTER WITH TWO LAGOS LADIES

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.