Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,013 members, 7,828,561 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 11:24 AM

I Don’t Want To Be Remembered For Easing Int’l Passport Issuance Processes — Min - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Don’t Want To Be Remembered For Easing Int’l Passport Issuance Processes — Min (309 Views)

Not All Types Of Passport Issuance Have Timeline Of Two Weeks, Says NIS / 10 Things Yar’adua Will Be Remembered For / Guidelines For Easing Of Lockdown By Presidential Task Force (PTF) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Don’t Want To Be Remembered For Easing Int’l Passport Issuance Processes — Min by albert2512: 3:41pm On Oct 16, 2023
Nigeria’s Minister of Interior, Olubunmi Tunji-Ojo, has said he would not want to be remembered for easing the international passport issuance processes but for securing the nation’s borders against external aggressors and movements of arms.

Mr Tunji-Ojo said this at the weekend when he was hosted by his friends and old schoolmates at Obafemi Awolowo University (OAU), Ile-Ife, where the minister spent a session before travelling to the United Kingdom for studies.

“I don’t want to be remembered for addressing the bottlenecks with the issuance of international passports when I leave office. That is not the core mandate of my office. There are so much more. But I want to be remembered for securing Nigerian borders and enhancing internal security,” he said.

International passport as a right
The minister said he regretted that the issuance of international passport passports for qualified Nigerians had for long been seen as a privilege, noting that it is a right for deserving every Nigerian who can afford it.

He, however, said the core mandates of his ministry include the protection of Nigerians through border security, managing the people’s identity, making the custodial centres livable, and ensuring that fire incidences and other emergencies are addressed promptly and professionally.

He said efforts are being made to provide the required tools and gadgets at various border posts and airports to monitor real-time the activities of the movement of people and goods “as it is done in advanced countries of the world.”

“With adequate technology, we can achieve much and we will do just that to maintain sanity and identify every individual visiting our country and those going out of the country. That is the vision of President Bola Tinubu, and this is what we will achieve,” he added.

He pleaded with Nigerians to be patient with Mr Tinubu-led administration, saying all “Ts” are currently being crossed and “Is” being dotted, insisting that the country is on its part to reclaim the lost glory.

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/634004-i-dont-want-to-be-remembered-for-easing-intl-passport-issuance-processes-nigerian-minister.html
Re: I Don’t Want To Be Remembered For Easing Int’l Passport Issuance Processes — Min by festacman(m): 3:50pm On Oct 16, 2023
I agree with you, Hon. Minister. Just keep going. Nigerians appreciate positives. There are more tasks to be done.

Go after those shameless immigration officials disgracing Nigeria at International airports with lack of professionalism and outright extortion. By the way, which twisted mind invented the concept of travellers being coerced to pay bribe for "virgin passport" especially at MMIA Lagos before being allowed to board?

2 Likes

Re: I Don’t Want To Be Remembered For Easing Int’l Passport Issuance Processes — Min by MissWords: 3:59pm On Oct 16, 2023
Okay
Re: I Don’t Want To Be Remembered For Easing Int’l Passport Issuance Processes — Min by APCNig: 4:18pm On Oct 16, 2023
Yet, idiots say Tinubu is only appointing Yorubas, which of the non Yorubas have been able to achieve this guy's little feat since all these decades?
Re: I Don’t Want To Be Remembered For Easing Int’l Passport Issuance Processes — Min by Macphenson: 4:37pm On Oct 16, 2023
APCNig:
Yet, idiots say Tinubu is only appointing Yorubas, which of the non Yorubas have been able to achieve this guy's little feat since all these decades?

Umahi, Nwike.
Re: I Don’t Want To Be Remembered For Easing Int’l Passport Issuance Processes — Min by SoNature(m): 6:05pm On Oct 16, 2023
Olubunmi Tunji-Ojo is doing a fantastic job!

The next thing Nigeria needs to do is to start going around and arresting foreigners who have overstayed their visas and sending them back to their country. Foreigners (especially those Fulani herders) from across the borders without papers should be deported immediately.

For once, let's have law and order in this country. How can Fulani herders from across the borders butcher Nigerians in their own country? It makes no sense.

1 Like

Re: I Don’t Want To Be Remembered For Easing Int’l Passport Issuance Processes — Min by festacman(m): 6:08pm On Oct 16, 2023
Ok

(1) (Reply)

It's Not Even A Year Yet And Emilokan Supporters Cannot Afford To Buy Fish / Gov Peter Mbah Thanks The Judiciary And The People Of Enugu (picture) / How Will An Igbo Presidency Benefit Me?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.