Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,609 members, 7,847,552 topics. Date: Saturday, 01 June 2024 at 08:33 PM

YIAGA to INEC, NASS: Emulate Liberia, include Candidates photos on ballot papers - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / YIAGA to INEC, NASS: Emulate Liberia, include Candidates photos on ballot papers (8752 Views)

Tinubu Meets With All APC State Chairmen And Governorship Candidates (Photos) / A Tale Of Two Presidential Candidates (PHOTOS) / Nigerians Ask INEC To Include Candidates' Photos On Ballot Papers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: YIAGA to INEC, NASS: Emulate Liberia, include Candidates photos on ballot papers by oyatz(m): 2:13pm On Oct 18, 2023
Kennitrust:
I didn't read the news but what from the headline... The demand is not too much. Nigeria can afford to add the photo of a candidate running for an elective office in the country. It's not too much to do.

It is not a matter of affordability but a matter of law.

By Nigerian laws, it is Political Parties that are contesting.
The election is like a soccer tournament, the political parties are the teams and the candidates are like Captains of their teams (political parties).

The Electoral laws of Liberia may be different
Re: YIAGA to INEC, NASS: Emulate Liberia, include Candidates photos on ballot papers by oyatz(m): 2:14pm On Oct 18, 2023
Johnrake69:

Maybe you haven’t noticed but Nigeria has been left behind.

Kenya for instance has better public institutions than Nigeria.

Nigeria got just 3 votes in its bid to join United Unions Human Right Council.

South Africa is projected to over take Nigeria as the biggest economy in Africa while having less than 1/3 of our population.

You always say and publicize negative things about Nigeria
Re: YIAGA to INEC, NASS: Emulate Liberia, include Candidates photos on ballot papers by Iselogunise: 2:18pm On Oct 18, 2023
In this same Nigeria that politicians will go to court till eve of election. Dey play
Re: YIAGA to INEC, NASS: Emulate Liberia, include Candidates photos on ballot papers by blueAgent(m): 2:36pm On Oct 18, 2023
Lifestone:

Terrible comparison.
Liberia has only about 5,800 polling units in the entire country. With less than 3million registered voters and total land size of about Niger State.
The comparison doesn't make sense.
Nigerians always looking for ways to bring down their Country. The Liberia election is smaller than some State Election

By there footsteps you shall know.

Low IQed Clown shocked
Re: YIAGA to INEC, NASS: Emulate Liberia, include Candidates photos on ballot papers by Lifestone(m): 2:38pm On Oct 18, 2023
blueAgent:

By there footsteps you shall know.

Low IQed Clown shocked
You could have just made your comments without being abusive !
I doubt if you can achieve what I have done with my Low IQ.
Re: YIAGA to INEC, NASS: Emulate Liberia, include Candidates photos on ballot papers by Johnrake69: 2:38pm On Oct 18, 2023
oyatz:

You always say and publicize negative things about Nigeria

Give me the positive things to say about Nigeria.

Most of you are just living in denial.

Is it the collapsing economy? Or the massive insecurity?

Or the fact that the so called government are so wasteful?

Just tell me where the hope for a better Nigeria lies?

I can tell you where Nigeria will be in the next 10years if we maintain this type of clueless leadership and where a country like India will be in same timeframe.

The last time Nigeria experienced economic growth was in 2014. So where is the hope?

In 10years, we would have added additional 50M extremely poor people to the current figures of 133M.

Dollar will exchange for over #2500.

And in the same timeframe, India will become the 3rd biggest economy overtaking Germany and Japan. And there’s a precedent. They moved from 11th biggest economy in 2013 to 5th biggest in 2023.

In 15years they will be among the only 3 countries that can produce goods and services worth $500 billion yearly.

Palestines even without a proper state structure don’t know what living without electricity feels like until the war broke out.

We should all be ashamed.
Re: YIAGA to INEC, NASS: Emulate Liberia, include Candidates photos on ballot papers by blueAgent(m): 2:39pm On Oct 18, 2023
valentineuwakwe:
How can they be comparing us to Liberia and ask us to emulate Liberia electoral laws....na wa...instead ask us to emulate the west where elections are done electronically with voting done transparently and result seen real time...

Do you think Nigeria is better than Liberia?
Are both countries not 3rd world countries?
Re: YIAGA to INEC, NASS: Emulate Liberia, include Candidates photos on ballot papers by valentineuwakwe(m): 2:42pm On Oct 18, 2023
blueAgent:

Do you think Nigeria is better than Liberia?
Are both countries not 3rd world countries?

Bro, forget any thing.....we stil better pass Liberia
Re: YIAGA to INEC, NASS: Emulate Liberia, include Candidates photos on ballot papers by blueAgent(m): 2:53pm On Oct 18, 2023
valentineuwakwe:

Bro, forget any thing.....we stil better pass Liberia

How now?
Re: YIAGA to INEC, NASS: Emulate Liberia, include Candidates photos on ballot papers by blueAgent(m): 2:53pm On Oct 18, 2023
Lifestone:

You could have just made your comments without being abusive !
I doubt if you can achieve what I have done with my Low IQ.

Like what?
Re: YIAGA to INEC, NASS: Emulate Liberia, include Candidates photos on ballot papers by DIVINEEVIDENCE: 3:00pm On Oct 18, 2023
Tareq1105:

You would not know bcoz you don't value your country just bcoz your candidate lost.

Bring down the roof and watch if the roof would not collapse on your head.

Unpatriotism is a trait of disobedience obifools like you. We know people like you and we know how to handle you.

Just one example...

Ewu Gambia 🐐
Re: YIAGA to INEC, NASS: Emulate Liberia, include Candidates photos on ballot papers by salvationproject(m): 3:38pm On Oct 18, 2023
The people supporting this motion are illiterates, irrational and political elements looking for the slightest opportunity to belittle this country.
They are people who haven't been to the four walls of any good educational institute but won't hesitate to say nonsense about a commission that is chaired by professors, have professors, intellects and other professional consultants advising it.
For your information, in Nigeria, votes are casted for political parties not candidates. Candidates are not expected to spend their money for an election but rather the political parties do. Now, if the logo of the party is there, what else do u want?
Now, do you know the printing of ballot papers begin months and even years before an election?
Now, imagine what u wish is being practiced and then, a court (say the supreme court) invalidates the candidacy of a candidate say a week or day before the election, where does INEC start from? to start printing again to update the new candidate's picture. This will result in wastage of funds and impossible for that election to hold as scheduled.
Re: YIAGA to INEC, NASS: Emulate Liberia, include Candidates photos on ballot papers by Kingspin(m): 4:01pm On Oct 18, 2023
We can not say who won the election.
INEC is a fraud.
Re: YIAGA to INEC, NASS: Emulate Liberia, include Candidates photos on ballot papers by Kennitrust(m): 4:28pm On Oct 18, 2023
oyatz:

It is not a matter of affordability but a matter of law.

By Nigerian laws, it is Political Parties that are contesting.
The election is like a soccer tournament, the political parties are the teams and the candidates are like Captains of their teams (political parties).

The Electoral laws of Liberia may be different
let us differential politics and soccer. Politics is more complicated than just being soccer in comparison. In politics... Country can collapsed
In politics, people can die
In politics, lives and properties can be destroyed.
Politics should be a stringent game if I must called it a game.

Let do the right 👍 thing. It not too much to demand for a better Nigeria.
Re: YIAGA to INEC, NASS: Emulate Liberia, include Candidates photos on ballot papers by themanderon: 9:22am On Oct 19, 2023
When the crooked Inec refused to include the pictures of candidates I knew something was up. The final outcome showed us what the plan was all about.
Re: YIAGA to INEC, NASS: Emulate Liberia, include Candidates photos on ballot papers by oyatz(m): 1:47am On Oct 22, 2023
Kennitrust:
let us differential politics and soccer. Politics is more complicated than just being soccer in comparison. In politics... Country can collapsed
In politics, people can die
In politics, lives and properties can be destroyed.
Politics should be a stringent game if I must called it a game.

Let do the right 👍 thing. It not too much to demand for a better Nigeria.

When you go out to vote, you are voting for political parties.

1) The names and the Logos of the parties (not that of the Candidates are on the ballot papers).
2) The agents of the parties (not representatives of the candidates are the accredited agents to sign and receive the official results of the elections from INEC
3) It's members of the party that move from Houses to houses, streets to streets, wards to wards in all 776 LGAs and 36 States, convincing the electorates to vote for the party
Re: YIAGA to INEC, NASS: Emulate Liberia, include Candidates photos on ballot papers by Kennitrust(m): 9:09am On Oct 22, 2023
oyatz:

When you go out to vote, you are voting for political parties.

1) The names and the Logos of the parties (not that of the Candidates are on the ballot papers).
2) The agents of the parties (not representatives of the candidates are the accredited agents to sign and receive the official results of the elections from INEC
3) It's members of the party that move from Houses to houses, streets to streets, wards to wards in all 776 LGAs and 36 States, convincing the electorates to vote for the party
if you want to be honest with yourself, you will agree with me that you will not vote somebody with a criminal records, no matter the party the candidate belongs to except you are his partner in crime.

What you mean to me is what give you my vote and not party.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Improving Road Networks In Nigeria / Fausat Ogunbayo Sues West Brighton City For $900 Trillion / Who Do You Think Will Win Ondo State Gubernatorial Election?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.