Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,632 members, 7,847,644 topics. Date: Saturday, 01 June 2024 at 11:13 PM

YIAGA to INEC, NASS: Emulate Liberia, include Candidates photos on ballot papers - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / YIAGA to INEC, NASS: Emulate Liberia, include Candidates photos on ballot papers (8755 Views)

Tinubu Meets With All APC State Chairmen And Governorship Candidates (Photos) / A Tale Of Two Presidential Candidates (PHOTOS) / Nigerians Ask INEC To Include Candidates' Photos On Ballot Papers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: YIAGA to INEC, NASS: Emulate Liberia, include Candidates photos on ballot papers by Jevica: 10:06am On Oct 18, 2023
jrusky:
Liberia should emulate us not Nigeria emulating Libera so can you pls shut da f u c k all ye Mr low-lifers

Liberia run their country with their own constitution so stop that f u c kery enough of all these embarrassing statement.

Just stop it. Liberia my a s s.

If a father is misbehaving, his children are free to correct him

2 Likes

Re: YIAGA to INEC, NASS: Emulate Liberia, include Candidates photos on ballot papers by mrvitalis(m): 10:08am On Oct 18, 2023
Ohislee:
Additional information like photos and names of candidates on ballot papers shouldn't be a big deal. This would increase the transparency of the voting process. However trust Nigerian politicians, they are interested in things that creates loopholes for rigging.
The simple thing is this

They know how to stop rigging they know but they want a system they can manipulate but their opponent cant manipulate

A law as simple as

Any results sheet not uploaded 5 hours after the last Bivas capture should be cancelled...

This would reduce rigging by 98% instantly

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: YIAGA to INEC, NASS: Emulate Liberia, include Candidates photos on ballot papers by Lifestone(m): 10:08am On Oct 18, 2023
Guyman01:

Is it rocket science to copy and paste a candidate picture in the ballot paper before mass production, something that can be done in a business center even without knowledge of Corel Draw.
You are actually the one belittling Nigeria, that's why politicians campaign annually with giving you electricity and accessories roads since you were born to vote for them angry
Have you ever voted in Nigeria, the ballot paper is already congested and confusing enough to majority of the electorate. Not everything about what we do is bad, that's mind point, maybe I wasn't clear about that.
Aside, our electoral laws recognize only political parties as sponsors of election

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: YIAGA to INEC, NASS: Emulate Liberia, include Candidates photos on ballot papers by samonak(m): 10:10am On Oct 18, 2023
Lifestone:

Terrible comparison.
Liberia has only about 5,800 polling units in the entire country. With less than 3million registered voters and total land size of about Niger State.
The comparison doesn't make sense.
Nigerians always looking for ways to bring down their Country. The Liberia election is smaller than some State Election
Do they have more than 50 persons running for the post of president in Nigeria at any time? Or are you saying the photo of 50 people can't appear on a ballot paper? If smaller countries like Niger and Liberia can do it, is it rocket science for Nigeria to do it?

1 Like

Re: YIAGA to INEC, NASS: Emulate Liberia, include Candidates photos on ballot papers by Lifestone(m): 10:12am On Oct 18, 2023
Princedapace:

U guys always giving useless excuses!
The amount spent on National assembly members alone is mind blowing!
Why cant we Nigerians tell our selves the truth and enact stuff that can help better our elections?
Why?
If Nigeria is too big, why not break up the country? What is the need of having something big that u cant manage? Is it by force to be large country?
If u must have a large country, then ensure u can sustain it!
Our election need photos of the people contesting, their names, we need strict and complete adherance to electronic transmission of results!
We need results uploaded live and Nigerians can track and verify these results live and direct!
We need to reduce the power of the INEC chairman! Can we for once as a country do the right thing?
When una go stop dey support rubbish becus of either politicians pay u or ur tribe person is in power?
This is why I can never work for any politician becus it would deny me the right senses!
Thank god for tech, we are free from all these rubbish
Now you are talking about a complete electoral reform which I do support. My point is that our laws and circumstances presently do not support going to Liberia and asking us to copy their model, we must look at what works for us and adopt it

1 Like 1 Share

Re: YIAGA to INEC, NASS: Emulate Liberia, include Candidates photos on ballot papers by Rexnegro(m): 10:13am On Oct 18, 2023
Who will still go and vote with what happened in this year election? Like in imo they are telling clergymen to beg their members to vote .

1 Like

Re: YIAGA to INEC, NASS: Emulate Liberia, include Candidates photos on ballot papers by Deogratiasfx: 10:14am On Oct 18, 2023
Lifestone:

Terrible comparison.
Liberia has only about 5,800 polling units in the entire country. With less than 3million registered voters and total land size of about Niger State.
Nigerians always looking for ways to bring down their Country. The Liberia election is smaller than some State Election

If your system is not working, any other looks like solution. We must not copy anyone to get it right.
Re: YIAGA to INEC, NASS: Emulate Liberia, include Candidates photos on ballot papers by BluntCrazeMan: 10:15am On Oct 18, 2023
Lifestone:

Terrible comparison.
77.7% voters turnout..

Can you beat that??

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: YIAGA to INEC, NASS: Emulate Liberia, include Candidates photos on ballot papers by gigabyte13: 10:20am On Oct 18, 2023
So na the photos go make the election credible abi.....??
All dis Yusuf and Sadiq organization eeeehn
Dem go just dey reason like turkey....!!!
Make all of una gettaaatttttt

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: YIAGA to INEC, NASS: Emulate Liberia, include Candidates photos on ballot papers by gigabyte13: 10:22am On Oct 18, 2023
Rexnegro:
Who will still go and vote with what happened in this year election? Like in imo they are telling clergymen to beg their members to vote .

Make Dem no come out vote
Polithiefcians go help Dem vote
Who loss.....
If Abia people no vote, how Otti go take win.
Go to the polls and change non performing idiots....
Ranting on social media is not it.
Social media have elected alot of people, who are nobody in real situation

1 Like 1 Share

Re: YIAGA to INEC, NASS: Emulate Liberia, include Candidates photos on ballot papers by Phoenixnuel: 10:22am On Oct 18, 2023
These are excellent ideas and would go a long way in reducing the number of invalid votes during elections.
Re: YIAGA to INEC, NASS: Emulate Liberia, include Candidates photos on ballot papers by Larryndelaw: 10:26am On Oct 18, 2023
Johnrake69:

Maybe you haven’t noticed but Nigeria has been left behind.

Kenya for instance has better public institutions than Nigeria.

Nigeria got just 3 votes in its bid to join United Unions Human Right Council.

South Africa is projected to over take Nigeria as the biggest economy in Africa while having less than 1/3 of our population.
What does these has to got with the Toppic. Why don't you mention NGozi, Amina, Adeshina , Edu and other Nigerian on Top position worldwide. Were the countries you mentioned in that position.?
Stop downgrading your country. Go.and look for work.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: YIAGA to INEC, NASS: Emulate Liberia, include Candidates photos on ballot papers by OlujobaSamuel: 10:36am On Oct 18, 2023
Photos on ballot paper
U dey joke abi
So if a candidate was removed by the court few days to election or even election eve, wetin go happen??
2015 election, the paper was as long as wetin I no know, I wonder how long e go be when we add pictures. That will lead to congestion of ballot paper.
A congested ballot is likely to result in high rate of voided votes cast.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: YIAGA to INEC, NASS: Emulate Liberia, include Candidates photos on ballot papers by Prenonjebose: 10:36am On Oct 18, 2023
Some wicked people are busy forming pride in not wanting to copy this laudable improvement in the voting process. I don't think some of us understand the damage INEC did on the nation through a weak and opaque electoral process in the last elections. Many people voted based on personalities rather than party affiliation. Putting pictures would make it easier for some persons to identify with their preferred candidates.
If it were possible, individual candidacy would have been a good idea. All these party politics has become too elitist. Loyalty to the people over loyalty to corrupt party politics.
On the issue of congestion, a framework to streamline the number of persons or parties eligible to contest in final voting process can be fashioned out to eliminate underdogs or unpopular persons or parties before the printing of the final election materials

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: YIAGA to INEC, NASS: Emulate Liberia, include Candidates photos on ballot papers by Roboto11: 10:39am On Oct 18, 2023
When the ohoto is blurred, that would be another avenue for litigation.
Re: YIAGA to INEC, NASS: Emulate Liberia, include Candidates photos on ballot papers by Johnrake69: 10:43am On Oct 18, 2023
Larryndelaw:
What does these has to got with the Toppic. Why don't you mention NGozi, Amina, Adeshina , Edu and other Nigerian on Top position worldwide. Were the countries you mentioned in that position.?
Stop downgrading your country. Go.and look for work.

God forbid I engage you. Please play along. If you ask nicely I will employ you so you don’t die of hunger.
Re: YIAGA to INEC, NASS: Emulate Liberia, include Candidates photos on ballot papers by valentineuwakwe(m): 10:46am On Oct 18, 2023
How can they be comparing us to Liberia and ask us to emulate Liberia electoral laws....na wa...instead ask us to emulate the west where elections are done electronically with voting done transparently and result seen real time...
Re: YIAGA to INEC, NASS: Emulate Liberia, include Candidates photos on ballot papers by Henz81: 10:49am On Oct 18, 2023
Lifestone:

Terrible comparison.
The population does not matter neither the size. All we want is election free of manipulation.
Re: YIAGA to INEC, NASS: Emulate Liberia, include Candidates photos on ballot papers by Irony1: 10:53am On Oct 18, 2023
jrusky:
Liberia should emulate us not Nigeria emulating Libera so can you pls shut da f u c k all ye Mr low-lifers

Liberia run their country with their own constitution so stop that f u c kery enough of all these embarrassing statement.

sometimes i wonder if you smoked dried cow dung. what is hard in learning from small countries especially if what they implement can reduce cases of invalid votes. It is nothing hard to put pictures of candidates in ballot papers.

1 Like

Re: YIAGA to INEC, NASS: Emulate Liberia, include Candidates photos on ballot papers by Irony1: 10:54am On Oct 18, 2023
Lifestone:

I voted during the last election, it was already very confusing with the endless numbers of political parties with only their logo, including pictures again will certainly become more cumbersome. Each country has its own peculiarity that must be followed, Aside, our electoral system believes votes are for Political parties and not individual.

Oga it is a lie it can never be cumbersome. You people should stop saying rubbish abeg

1 Like

Re: YIAGA to INEC, NASS: Emulate Liberia, include Candidates photos on ballot papers by Larryndelaw: 10:55am On Oct 18, 2023
Johnrake69:

God forbid I engage you. Please play along. If you ask nicely I will employ you so you don’t die of hunger.
If you need work, I got a slot for you.
Re: YIAGA to INEC, NASS: Emulate Liberia, include Candidates photos on ballot papers by Princedapace(m): 11:03am On Oct 18, 2023
Lifestone:

Now you are talking about a complete electoral reform which I do support. My point is that our laws and circumstances presently do not support going to Liberia and asking us to copy their model, we must look at what works for us and adopt it

The request was add pics of candidates and their names to ballot papers . Liberia was just used as a reference becus the request for pics have been there since.
Why cant we do stuff to enhance credibility in this part of the world? it is sad to even see people support our current electoral system. Omo, I raise my legs for blacks o. No wonder every single other race conquered the blacks. We need to start asking our selves, why did every other race conquered us till date?
Omo, anything to enhance the electoral system is important pls.
While I replied ur comment, it is uncommon to see someone here engage in conversation without abusing. Omo, I respect u jaree. U earn my respect. Welldone.
But pls, pics will enhance our eletoral value. We have the money. We should stop wasting it on us*less politicians who use it to buy SUV and carry their side chicks to abroad on vacations

1 Like

Re: YIAGA to INEC, NASS: Emulate Liberia, include Candidates photos on ballot papers by 1x2x3: 11:04am On Oct 18, 2023
No Need!! You think they don't know the right thing to do?
Re: YIAGA to INEC, NASS: Emulate Liberia, include Candidates photos on ballot papers by DIVINEEVIDENCE: 11:08am On Oct 18, 2023
jrusky:

Give us one example from the last general elections that we can ask Liberia to emulate.

Mumuni 🐐

1 Like

Re: YIAGA to INEC, NASS: Emulate Liberia, include Candidates photos on ballot papers by Tareq1105: 11:41am On Oct 18, 2023
Ready007:
This is funny, Nigeria should be like Liberia I never saw this day coming

INEC should put photography of all contestants? This is ridiculously pushed bcoz after the election, the petitions would be

"my picture was not clear enough for my supporters to recognize me" or that

"the printer put a wrong picture in my name"

This should not be done. Every candidate is flying the card of a political party and the symbol or logo of the party suffice.

How can YIAGA Africa be comparing 87m voters in Nigeria to 2.8m voters in Liberia?
Re: YIAGA to INEC, NASS: Emulate Liberia, include Candidates photos on ballot papers by Tareq1105: 11:47am On Oct 18, 2023
DIVINEEVIDENCE:

Give us one example from the last general elections that we can ask Liberia to emulate.

Mumuni 🐐

You would not know bcoz you don't value your country just bcoz your candidate lost.

Bring down the roof and watch if the roof would not collapse on your head.

Unpatriotism is a trait of disobedience obifools like you. We know people like you and we know how to handle you.
Re: YIAGA to INEC, NASS: Emulate Liberia, include Candidates photos on ballot papers by Jd10k(m): 12:42pm On Oct 18, 2023
Kennitrust:
I didn't read the news but what from the headline... The demand is not too much. Nigeria can afford to add the photo of a candidate running for an elective office in the country. It's not too much to do.
Before you know it, any politician who lost will claim they didn't use his or her best pictures or the picture is blurry on the ballot papers. Anything about Nigeria is peculiar
Re: YIAGA to INEC, NASS: Emulate Liberia, include Candidates photos on ballot papers by Kennitrust(m): 1:26pm On Oct 18, 2023
Jd10k:

Before you know it, any politician who lost will claim they didn't use its best pictures or the picture is blurry on the ballot papers. Anything about Nigeria is peculiar
Nigeria have become a country where criminality is a normal thing.
Re: YIAGA to INEC, NASS: Emulate Liberia, include Candidates photos on ballot papers by MomohMrMoore: 2:12pm On Oct 18, 2023
Idiots. Only election they know. They will not suggest to emulate China, Japan etc on manufacturing, on economic policies. It is Liberia of all countries Nigeria to emulate. Which better country put photo on ballot? Parasite Politicians

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Jigawa Suspends Aminu Kanta Over 'Mismanagement Of Funds' For Ramadan Feeding / List Of Alleged Multi-billion Properties Of Goodluck Jonathan And Patience / BIAFRA: South-south Group Kicks Against Secession - Dailytimes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.