Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,535 members, 7,816,306 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:15 AM

Mysteries Of Altar - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Mysteries Of Altar (346 Views)

Pastor Ties Bride & Groom With A Rope At The Altar (Photos) / Bishop Oyedepo Asks Lady To Return To The Altar After Her Testimony At Shiloh / Mbaka Anoints Obiano For Second Tenure, Governor Kneels On Altar (Photos, Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mysteries Of Altar by macdongenius: 2:29pm On Oct 18, 2023
Understanding the power that drives altars and how to be disengaged from evil altars and set up Godly altars.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QDe74f-HSvM
Re: Mysteries Of Altar by Kobojunkie: 2:30pm On Oct 18, 2023
macdongenius:
Understanding the power that drives altars and how to be disengaged from evil altars and set up Godly altars.
Jesus Christ never asked any man to build him altars meaning that your altars have absolutely nothing to do with Jesus Christ or the Father.

1 Like

Re: Mysteries Of Altar by macdongenius: 2:35pm On Oct 18, 2023
Exodus 20:24
24 “ ‘Make an altar of earth for me and sacrifice on it your burnt offerings and fellowship offerings, your sheep and goats and your cattle. Wherever I cause my name to be honored, I will come to you and bless you.''

Kobojunkie:
Jesus Christ never asked any man to build him altars meaning that your altars have absolutely nothing to do with Jesus Christ or the Father.
Re: Mysteries Of Altar by macdongenius: 2:36pm On Oct 18, 2023
Genesis 8:20
Then Noah built an altar to the Lord, and took of every clean animal and of every clean bird and offered burnt offerings on the altar.

Kobojunkie:
Re: Mysteries Of Altar by macdongenius: 2:40pm On Oct 18, 2023
1 Kings 9:25
Now three times in a year Solomon offered burnt offerings and peace offerings on the altar which he built to the Lord, burning incense with them on the altar which was before the Lord. So he finished the house.

Kobojunkie:
Re: Mysteries Of Altar by macdongenius: 2:41pm On Oct 18, 2023
1 Chronicles 21:26
Then David built an altar to the Lord there and offered burnt offerings and peace offerings. And he called to the Lord and He answered him with fire from heaven on the altar of burnt offering.

Kobojunkie:
Re: Mysteries Of Altar by macdongenius: 2:42pm On Oct 18, 2023
2 Samuel 24:25
David built there an altar to the Lord and offered burnt offerings and peace offerings. Thus the Lord was moved by prayer for the land, and the plague was held back from Israel.

1 Chronicles 21:18
Then the angel of the Lord commanded Gad to say to David, that David should go up and build an altar to the Lord on the threshing floor of Ornan the Jebusite.

Kobojunkie:
Re: Mysteries Of Altar by Kobojunkie: 3:29pm On Oct 18, 2023
macdongenius:
Exodus 20:24 --24 “ ‘Make an altar of earth for me and sacrifice on it your burnt offerings and fellowship offerings, your sheep and goats and your cattle. Wherever I cause my name to be honored, I will come to you and bless you.''
macdongenius:
Genesis 8:20Then Noah built an altar to the Lord, and took of every clean animal and of every clean bird and offered burnt offerings on the altar.
macdongenius:
1 Kings 9:25
Now three times in a year Solomon offered burnt offerings and peace offerings on the altar which he built to the Lord, burning incense with them on the altar which was before the Lord. So he finished the house.
macdongenius:
1 Chronicles 21:26
Then David built an altar to the Lord there and offered burnt offerings and peace offerings. And he called to the Lord and He answered him with fire from heaven on the altar of burnt offering.
macdongenius:
2 Samuel 24:25
David built there an altar to the Lord and offered burnt offerings and peace offerings. Thus the Lord was moved by prayer for the land, and the plague was held back from Israel.
1 Chronicles 21:18
Then the angel of the Lord commanded Gad to say to David, that David should go up and build an altar to the Lord on the threshing floor of Ornan the Jebusite.
So, by all these random quotes lifted out of context, none of which actually include a direct teaching or commandment from Jesus Christ giving similar instruction, you are wanting me to believe that not only do you follow God via His Old Law of Moses, but you completely reject Jesus Christ in doing so? undecided
Re: Mysteries Of Altar by macdongenius: 4:00pm On Oct 18, 2023
May God have mercy on this generation. Post meant to enlighten and expose the dark world has been misconstrued to a political debate and arguments. Of what use?
Kobojunkie:
..............So, by all these random quotes lifted out of context, none of which actually include a direct teaching or commandment from Jesus Christ giving similar instruction, you are wanting me to believe that not only do you follow God via His Old Law of Moses, but you completely reject Jesus Christ in doing so? undecided
Re: Mysteries Of Altar by Kobojunkie: 4:17pm On Oct 18, 2023
macdongenius:
May God have mercy on this generation. Post meant to enlighten and expose the dark world has been misconstrued to a political debate and arguments. Of what use?
Why are you dodging the question? undecided

Again, by all these random quotes lifted out of context, none of which actually include a direct teaching or commandment from Jesus Christ giving similar instruction, you are wanting me to believe that not only do you follow God via His Old Law of Moses, but you completely reject Jesus Christ in doing so? undecided

If the issue of "what god do you really serve?" amounts to a political debate or argument then I suggest you go back and make sure you steer clear of that which would give rise to such. undecided
Re: Mysteries Of Altar by otipoju(m): 6:12am On Oct 19, 2023
Kobojunkie:
..............So, by all these random quotes lifted out of context, none of which actually include a direct teaching or commandment from Jesus Christ giving similar instruction, you are wanting me to believe that not only do you follow God via His Old Law of Moses, but you completely reject Jesus Christ in doing so? undecided

ITK dey worry you and you really know nothing. Did Jesus ask you to collect tithes or did he ask you to use keyboards and microphones. Or did he even ask you to build any pjysical church?

Why then do you build churches, use musical instruments and pay tithes when he did not expressly command these things.
Re: Mysteries Of Altar by Kobojunkie: 6:17am On Oct 19, 2023
otipoju:
■ ITK dey worry you and you really know nothing. Did Jesus ask you to collect tithes or did he ask you to use keyboards and microphones. Or did he even ask you to build any pjysical church?
■ Why then do you build churches, use musical instruments and pay tithes when he did not expressly command these things.
Exactly why you should never do even that using His name. He warned His followers never to use His Name for that which He never commanded of them in Matthew 23 and Matthew 15 vs 1 - 14 & Mark 7 vs 1 - 13 . So which part of that constitutes this ITK reasoning you accuse me of? undecided

Again, as Jesus Christ made clear, those who use His name for that which He never asked of them nor commanded are against Him aka antichrist. Jesus Christ never asked any man to build churches using His name --- without His permission. So those who do do so against Jesus Christ. undecided
Re: Mysteries Of Altar by otipoju(m): 6:29am On Oct 19, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Exactly why you should never do even that using His name. He warned His followers never to use His Name for that which He never commanded of them in Matthew 23 and Matthew 15 vs 1 - 14 & Mark 7 vs 1 - 13 . So which part of that constitutes this ITK reasoning you accuse me of? undecided

Again, as Jesus Christ made clear, those who use His name for that which He never asked of them nor commanded are against Him aka antichrist. Jesus Christ never asked any man to build churches using His name --- without His permission. So those who do do so against Jesus Christ. undecided

What is the Old testament and how does it differ from the new testament.

Does the Testaments eliminate worship of God. Are altars Old Testaments? If God ( Jesus Christ) had commanded them to be built by any individuals long before the birth of Abraham and Moses.

Are you really sure you understand who Jesus Christ really is...as God made flesh.

1 Like

Re: Mysteries Of Altar by Kobojunkie: 6:36am On Oct 19, 2023
otipoju:
■ What is the Old testament and how does it differ from the new testament.

Does the Testaments eliminate worship of God. Are altars Old Testaments? If God ( Jesus Christ) had commanded them to be built by any individuals long before the birth of Abraham and Moses.

Are you really sure you understand who Jesus Christ really is...as God made flesh.
Focus... stop trying to jump all over the place. undecided

If you claim to believe in Jesus Christ, whom those of Old did not have the privilege of, then you at least know He said those who belong to Him are those who obey His teachings and His commandments... not the teachings and commandments of Moses - John 14 vs 15 - 23 . (Note that Jesus Christ did not even say that those who love Him follow His example, No! Instead He said those who love Him are those who submit to and obey His teachings and commandments. ) undecided

So please answer the question as posed to Op or leave this one alone. undecided
Re: Mysteries Of Altar by otipoju(m): 6:29pm On Oct 19, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Focus... stop trying to jump all over the place. undecided

If you claim to believe in Jesus Christ, whom those of Old did not have the privilege of, then you at least know He said those who belong to Him are those who obey His teachings and His commandments... not the teachings and commandments of Moses - John 14 vs 15 - 23 . (Note that Jesus Christ did not even say that those who love Him follow His example, No! Instead He said those who love Him are those who submit to and obey His teachings and commandments. ) undecided

So please answer the question as posed to Op or leave this one alone. undecided

So where did Moses get his commandments from. Did Jesus Christ not exist before Abraham. He clearly said so himself...that before Abraham, he was. Was he not the one who appeared to Joshua the son of Nun and received worship from him.

I asked those preliminary questions because if you had any knowledge and understanding of the answers, you would not be making those claims that you made.

If the Son had existed as the preincarnate Christ and is a part of the Godhead that instructed the men of old to build altars even before establishing a covenant with Abraham and continued to instruct men to erect alters even before Moses was born, how then can you say altars are not to be erected because Jesus did not expressly command it.

Building altars has nothing to do with the Old Testament or New Testament. And by that I mean the actual covenants themselves where redemption chamges from "salvation by works to Salvation by grace" and not the books categorization by Bishop Melito of Sardes around the year AD 170.

Just like tithing, it is independent of the covenants because building altars was instructed by God before those covenants were made with men.

The accounts of the gospel were written by men whose focus was not to give a detailed account enumerating everything Jesus said or did during his lifetime, but to present a specific message that through his blood, the price of sin had been paid.

That was their prime focus.

Like I told you earlier, your understanding and knowledge is limited and na still ITK dey worry you.
Re: Mysteries Of Altar by Kobojunkie: 6:36pm On Oct 19, 2023
otipoju:
So where did Moses get his commandments from. Did Jesus Christ not exist before Abraham. He clearly said so himself...that before Abraham, he was. Was he not the one who appeared to Joshua the son of Nun and received worship from him. I asked those preliminary questions because if you had any knowledge and understanding of the answers, you would not be making those claims that you made.
■ If the Son had existed as the preincarnate Chriat and was part of the Godhead that instructed the men of old to build alters even before establishing a covenant with Abraham and continued to instruct men to erect alters even before Moses was born, how then can you say altars are not to be erected because Jesus did not expressly command it.
The accounts of thengospel.were written by men whose focus was not enumerating everything Jesus said or did during his lifetime, but to present a specific message that through his blood, the price of sin had been paid. That was their prime focus. Like I told you earlier, your understanding and knowledge is limited and na still ITK dey worry you.
1. What has His existing from even before the beginning to do with Him bringing the Kingdom of God ONLY AFTER JOHN the BAPTIST WAS SENT TO PREPARE for His coming to men? undecided

Did Jesus Christ tell you that the Kingdom of God which He brought to men was available to all men since even Adam or something that you feel it necessary to bring up His Eternal nature into this somehow suggesting that Moses made some sort of mistake in not presenting Jesus Christ in place of YHWH, or something? undecided

3. So, those who wrote down the Gospel Law of God did not enumerate the entirety of God's New Covenant and Law in the Kingdom of God, whereas, the Torah which was supposedly enumerated by just one man— Moses— was somehow able to capture all of God's Old Covenant and Law in the Land of Canaan? Basically, you are saying God's plan failed when it came the time of Jesus Christ? undecided

And so it is up to you and your fellow men to add the bits and pisses from your repertoire of special interpretation magic to complete it with? undecided

Jesus Christ was right that there is absolutely no Truth — Jesus Christ — in your lot! lipsrsealed
Re: Mysteries Of Altar by otipoju(m): 6:36am On Oct 20, 2023
Kobojunkie:
1. What has His existing from even before the beginning to do with Him bringing the Kingdom of God ONLY AFTER JOHN the BAPTIST WAS SENT TO PREPARE for His coming to men? undecided

Did Jesus Christ tell you that the Kingdom of God which He brought to men was available to all men since even Adam or something that you feel it necessary to bring up His Eternal nature into this somehow suggesting that Moses made some sort of mistake in not presenting Jesus Christ in place of YHWH, or something? undecided

3. So, those who wrote down the Gospel Law of God did not enumerate the entirety of God's New Covenant and Law in the Kingdom of God, whereas, the Torah which was supposedly enumerated by just one man— Moses— was somehow able to capture all of God's Old Covenant and Law in the Land of Canaan? Basically, you are saying God's plan failed when it came the time of Jesus Christ? undecided

And so it is up to you and your fellow men to add the bits and pisses from your repertoire of special interpretation magic to complete it with? undecided

Jesus Christ was right that there is absolutely no Truth — Jesus Christ — in your lot! lipsrsealed

1.Who told you the that the Torah was written by one man? Go and read about the documentary sources of the Torah namely : 1. Priestly Source 2. Yahwist Source 3. Elohist source and 4. Deuteronomist Source .

2. So the Kingdom of God did not exist until Jesus physical precense on earth ? Your ignorance is deep. So what was/is God doing in reigning over the universe before Mary and Joseph were born. Why did he tell Samuel that it was not Samuel that the Israleites rejected but him Jehovah when they demanded an earthly King similar to that of other nations. Thereby effevtively rejecting the theocracy where God was their King and the prophet his mouthpiece for a monarchy where the human King had absolute authority over them.

What kingdom was that? I dey shame on your behalf with your low IQ.

3. This new and old covenant are not complex or lengthy treaties. They are simply about how man will be Redeemed to God. The terms of the old covenant required salvation by a man's good actions, his devoted worship and yearly sacrifices for atonement while the new covenant is that of Divine Monergism where the Almighty takes the initiative and pays the price for sin and salvation is by believing in that redemptive work. There it is in one paragraph. Nothing complex.

If the Son of God as a part of the God head had instructed men to build altars to him way before and after the old covenants were made why are you then saying he did not instruct men to build altars and you are erroneously claiming and insisting that it is an old testament practice...a very meaningless statement.

I remember your username now. It is a waste of time discussing with you. You are incable of learning jack cause your is closed mind and narrow thinking patterns.

Good bye.
Re: Mysteries Of Altar by Kobojunkie: 3:06pm On Oct 20, 2023
otipoju:
1.Who told you the that the Torah was written by one man? Go and read about the documentary sources of the Torah namely : 1. Priestly Source 2. Yahwist Source 3. Elohist source and 4. Deuteronomist Source .
2. So the Kingdom of God did not exist until Jesus physical precense on earth ? Your ignorance is deep. So what was/is God doing in reigning over the universe before Mary and Joseph were born. Why did he tell Samuel that it was not Samuel that the Israleites rejected but him Jehovah when they demanded an earthly King similar to that of other nations. Thereby effevtively rejecting the theocracy where God was their King and the prophet his mouthpiece for a monarchy where the human King had absolute authority over them. What kingdom was that? I dey shame on your behalf with your low IQ.
3. This new and old covenant are not complex or lengthy treaties. They are simply about how man will be Redeemed to God. The terms of the old covenant required salvation by a man's good actions, his devoted worship and yearly sacrifices for atonement while the new covenant is that of Divine Monergism where the Almighty takes the initiative and pays the price for sin and salvation is by believing in that redemptive work. There it is in one paragraph. Nothing complex.
■ If the Son of God as a part of the God head had instructed men to build altars to him way before and after the old covenants were made why are you then saying he did not instruct men to build altars and you are erroneously claiming and insisting that it is an old testament practice...a very meaningless statement.
I remember your username now. It is a waste of time discussing with you. You are incable of learning jack cause your is closed mind and narrow thinking patterns. Good bye.
1. undecided
9 Then Moses wrote this Book of Teachings and gave it to the priests, who are from the tribe of Levi. They have the work of carrying the Lord’s Box of the Agreement. Moses also gave it to all the elders of Israel. - Deuteronomy 31 vs 9

2. I can't even make heads or tails of what you are insinuating. Anyways, God announced the coming of the Kingdom of God in Exodus to the people of Israel through Moses
6 You will be a special nation—a kingdom of priests.’ Moses, you must tell the Israelites what I have said.” - Exodus 19 vs 6
The Kingdom of God is God's special nation which He chose to craft of the Lost sheep of Israel as Jesus Christ made clear to you in His Gospel. undecided

3. That gibberish dogma fed you by way of your many pastors and mogs has no bearing in Scripture. According to Scripture, God's mandate remains the same. It was the same mandate that He gave to Adam, to Abraham, that He also gave to the Israelites, and now to the Lost sheep of Israel through Jesus Christ — obedience to His teachings and commandments aka His Law; it is the only way.
15 “If you love me, you will do what I command.
16 I will ask the Father, and he will give you another Helper[a] to be with you forever.
17 The Helper is the Spirit of truth. The people of the world cannot accept him, because they don’t see him or know him. But you know him. He lives with you, and he will be in you.
[b]18
“I will not leave you all alone like orphans. I will come back to you.
19 In a very short time the people in the world will not see me anymore. But you will see me. You will live because I live.
20 On that day you will know that I am in the Father. You will know that you are in me and I am in you.
21 Those who really love me are the ones who not only know my commands but also obey them. My Father will love such people, and I will love them. I will make myself known to them.”
22 Then Judas (not Judas Iscariot) said, “Lord, how will you make yourself known to us, but not to the world?”
23 Jesus answered, “All who love me will obey my teaching. My Father will love them. My Father and I will come to them and live with them.
24 But anyone who does not love me does not obey my teaching. This teaching that you hear is not really mine. It is from my Father who sent me. - John 14 vs 15 - 24
4. The Son of God never asked any man to build altars using His name. What this means is that the Law as given by Jesus Christ to those who are of the Kingdom of God— Jesus Christ is God's Constitutional Law in the Kingdom of God — does not contain any teachings or commandments explicitly asking any man to build God an altar. Therefore it is antiChrist to build such using His Name. It is against God to add, change, or remove teachings and/or commandments in His Law - Matthew 15 vs 1 - 14 & Mark 7 vs 1 - 13. undecided

(1) (Reply)

Trending Video Of Young Lady Trying To Seduce Pastor / Pastor Kumuyi Has No Personal Property Or Personal Bank Account! / Spiritual Digest For The Day 13th Of February 2015

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 104
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.