Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,036 members, 7,810,842 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:44 PM

APC Is Now an Islamic Party - Babachir Lawal - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / APC Is Now an Islamic Party - Babachir Lawal (23865 Views)

Subsidy: Tinubu Reaping The Consequences Of His Hasty Decisions - Babachir Lawal / Babachir Lawal In Villa, 13 Months After Sack / Babachir Lawal: I Earned N930,000 Monthly As SGF, Now I Earn N500 Million (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

APC Is Now an Islamic Party - Babachir Lawal by dalongjnr: 1:21am On Oct 19, 2023
Former Secretary to the Government of the Federation (SGF), David Babachir Lawal, has carpeted President Bola Tinubu and leaders of the All Progressives Congress (APC) for allegedly transitioning the ruling party from its national party status at inception to the present Islamic party.

He accused the party of being insensitive and taking Nigerians for granted in unlawful ways and manners the nomenclature of the party was thwarted to suit their purpose.

In a fresh statement he issued in Abuja on Wednesday, Babachir Lawal challenged the ruling party to be courageous enough to change the name of the party from the All Progressives Congress to Islamic Party of Nigeria.

He apparently reacted to a scathing remark made against him by APC, following his Tuesday’s statement that Peter Obi and not Tinubu won the 2023 presidential election.

APC through one Felix Morka had challenged and castigated Babachir Lawal on his audacity to make the statement.

But the ex-SGF said that he stood by his position and asked APC to address the issues he raised rather than castigating him.

The statement read in part, “I woke up this morning to a very pathetic social media trending write-up, apparently a response to my article on the current political discourse by one Felix, allegedly of the APC.

“I suspect he was assigned this role because it is in the nature of sycophants and people consigned to second-class status to be assigned roles that their masters are wary of taking on.

“Usually, the dirty, unsavoury jobs are contracted out to such. In the bible, a certain Felix (after which this Felix was probably named) was a freed slave who had a reputation of cruelty as the ruler of Judea in order to please his master, the emperor Claudius (of whose mother Felix was a slave).

“I really do sympathise with a Christian who finds himself in an Islamic party and is desperate to please his masters and probably to be noticed when the next round of political appointments come.

“When we founded APC way back in 2013/2014, we envisaged it will be a national party that would carry along all the different socio-political and religious tendencies of the nation.

“In those days, we were careful not to sideline any of the religions or tribes of the country in the composition of the membership and leadership of the party.

‘We wanted a party that will embrace all Nigerians. It was this that informed the principle that both the National Chairman and Secretary will not be of the same religion, tribe or region.

“Sadly, APC has now transitioned into an Islamic Party of Nigeria. All the members of the National Working Committee (NWC) from the North and some from the South are Muslims.

“They campaigned on an Islamization platform and are striving hard to run the government as such, but for the resistance of the other religions.

“All that is now left for the party is a change of name, but even this may not take long since it already has Kadmul Islam as its national chairman and a Muslim as its national secretary.

“The Deputy National Chairman North, who acts in the absence of the Chairman, National Organizing Secretary, National Legal Adviser, and three National Vice Chairmen and more, are Muslims. Good for them.

“And talking of electoral value, both the National Chairman and the National Secretary just dramatically lost in the February 25 election.

“Mallam Felix didn’t do well in his own constituency either. It is based on these considerations that I pity a Christian who finds himself in the position of a spokesperson of an Islamic party.

“Mark my words, all critical decisions will be taken behind his back during the afternoon prayer sessions, which he will be unable to attend.

“As to the substance of the response itself, I find it deliberately obtuse, skating around the real issues raised in my press statement.

“It was empty of substance and logic; a true product of a sycophantic mind that has no capacity to understand the subtle nuances underlying a message delivered to a discerning audience.

“Mallam Felix, your masters got the message loud and clear because some of them have reached out to me for dialogue on the issues raised.

“But in line with your lower status in the scheme of things, you are not aware that all the issues I raised were designed in a manner to deliver a message to a discomfited government that is populated by longstanding friends of mine who appear to have abandoned common sense and patriotism for unbridled personal goals and filthy lucre.

“And they got the message, which you cannot. In this discourse, you are a remote outsider, so shut up.

“We want a Nigeria that works for all. We want a Nigeria that even sycophants can relate to and in which everyone is free to pursue their ambitions in peace in pursuit of prosperity and the good life.

“We want a Nigeria that guarantees freedom of speech for its citizens, just as you and I are doing right now.

“If Bola Tinubu claims he fought Abacha on the side of democracy and free speech, it is unbecoming and unacceptable that the NBC should threaten journalists under his watch.

“It is indefensible to keep the EFCC Chairman and the CBN governor under arrest for extended periods of time without or before trial, just as it is also unacceptable that political parties are used to intimidate and harass citizens exercising their opinions in the public domain.

“I am sure even you and the APC can relate to this. I am also sure that, but for their blind hatred of other Nigerians, not of their tribes or religions, even the Islamists that you serve and desperately seek to please can relate to this.

“I am sure that no Nigerian is enjoying the national shame and embarrassment we are going through as a result of these unending revelations as to who or what our “president” actually is; or that most Nigerians cannot be sure of at least one meal a day anymore; or that we can no longer attend wedding ceremonies in Imo or Zamfara States due to insecurity.

“Know what you may, say what you may; I hold firmly to my assertion that Peter Obi had the majority votes in the February 25 presidential election.

“That was why both INEC and APC had to go rogue in the election; and they know this fact even if they will not admit it. After all the thief knows who stole the item.”

https://dailypost.ng/2023/10/18/apc-now-islamic-party-under-your-watch-ex-sgf-babachir-lawal-slams-tinubu-others/?utm_source=operamini&utm_medium=feednews&utm_campaign=operamini_feednews

80 Likes 19 Shares

Re: APC Is Now an Islamic Party - Babachir Lawal by dokyOloye: 1:25am On Oct 19, 2023
AlQaeda People’s Congress 🏃

Modified.
All these local Hamas operatives quoting me,Israel de wait for una for Gaza.
Make una enter plane reach Gaza😀

229 Likes 34 Shares

Re: APC Is Now an Islamic Party - Babachir Lawal by Pigstormentor: 1:27am On Oct 19, 2023
cheesy...

We have been saying it...

All their supporters on Nairaland are PROUD HAMAS/TALIBAN/AL-QEDA/ISIS Supporters. They are always shouting DEATH to ISRAEL. THEY only have automatic hate for people that believe in Christianity.

They NEVER condemned FULANi Herdsmen attacks ....or Even Boko Haram attacks. But they will be the first to insult and mock..BIAFRANs that want to let them have NIGERIA to themselves, with their HAMAS masters known as Fulani Herdsmen.

Small Small breeze dey Blow, these PIGs ynasssh must open...spits

178 Likes 20 Shares

Re: APC Is Now an Islamic Party - Babachir Lawal by dalongjnr: 1:31am On Oct 19, 2023
Pigstormentor:
cheesy...

All their supporters on Nairaland are PROUD HAMAS/TALIBAN/AL-QEDA/ISIS Supporters. They are always shouting DEATH to ISRAEL.

Small Small breeze dey Blow
You are not entirely wrong but not "All their supporters on Nairaland".

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: APC Is Now an Islamic Party - Babachir Lawal by bolanto24(m): 1:32am On Oct 19, 2023
Nigerians will soon begin to cause the day APC was birthed. EVIL PARTY

106 Likes 14 Shares

Re: APC Is Now an Islamic Party - Babachir Lawal by Pigstormentor: 1:36am On Oct 19, 2023
Majority carries the day..and even those against DARE not summon courage and voice out.

Radical and despicable Islamic beliefs have found a germination ground in SW, which habours naturally envious personalities.

The SW is already gone because these miscreants have a foothold in the region

dalongjnr:

You are not entirely wrong but not "All their supporters on Nairaland".

65 Likes 7 Shares

Re: APC Is Now an Islamic Party - Babachir Lawal by dalongjnr: 1:41am On Oct 19, 2023
Pigstormentor:
Majority carries the day..and even those against DARE not summon courage and voice out.

Radical and despicable Islamic beliefs have found a germination ground in SW, which habours naturally envious personalities.

The SW is already gone because these miscreants have a foothold in the region

Hmm... That's a very serious allegation.
SW is hotly in soup.
Religious extremism will consumer this country and our leaders needs to be guided on the sensitivity of religion and politics of this country.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Is Now an Islamic Party - Babachir Lawal by StOla: 1:42am On Oct 19, 2023
This one is still fighting religious warfare like a loser that he supported.

Just imagine if he had been nominated as running mate by Tinubu.

It would have been a useless ticket like how Baba-Ahmed was useless on the LP ticket.

363 Likes 28 Shares

Re: APC Is Now an Islamic Party - Babachir Lawal by dalongjnr: 1:46am On Oct 19, 2023
StOla:
This one is still fighting religious warfare like a loser that he supported.
Attack the message not the messenger.
I think he raised some important and critical points in his submission.

81 Likes 16 Shares

Re: APC Is Now an Islamic Party - Babachir Lawal by dalongjnr: 2:04am On Oct 19, 2023
bolanto24:
Nigerians will soon begin to cause the day APC was birthed. EVIL PARTY
Wow,that is serious.
I think a party is just a vehicle but the people driving it may be evil.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: APC Is Now an Islamic Party - Babachir Lawal by ILoveFaith: 2:11am On Oct 19, 2023
I’ve not had a piece this nice and reeks of sincerity from a politician in a long time.
This words will never die

88 Likes 8 Shares

Re: APC Is Now an Islamic Party - Babachir Lawal by Jlow2: 2:31am On Oct 19, 2023
This man got balls

59 Likes 3 Shares

Re: APC Is Now an Islamic Party - Babachir Lawal by dalongjnr: 2:46am On Oct 19, 2023
ILoveFaith:
I’ve not had a piece this nice and reeks of sincerity from a politician in a long time.
This words will never die
The message came out clear and clean. It's spotless.

57 Likes 7 Shares

Re: APC Is Now an Islamic Party - Babachir Lawal by dalongjnr: 2:47am On Oct 19, 2023
Jlow2:
This man got balls
True.
He gat some heavy metal balls!

37 Likes 2 Shares

Re: APC Is Now an Islamic Party - Babachir Lawal by ILoveFaith: 2:47am On Oct 19, 2023
dalongjnr:

The message came out clear and clean. It's spotless.

You deserve a hug bro

37 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Is Now an Islamic Party - Babachir Lawal by dalongjnr: 2:51am On Oct 19, 2023
ILoveFaith:

You deserve a hug bro
Thanks.
Likewise, a huge hug for you.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: APC Is Now an Islamic Party - Babachir Lawal by ILoveFaith: 2:54am On Oct 19, 2023
dalongjnr:

Thanks.
Likewise, a huge hug for you.
👍

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Is Now an Islamic Party - Babachir Lawal by Aquila99: 2:57am On Oct 19, 2023
dalongjnr:

Attack the message not the messenger.
I think he raised some important and critical points in his submission.

Wch stupid points did he raise, d Man who is president dat he accused of having islamic agenda have been fair to all religions and tribes in his appointments, even Muslims are unhappy that many Christians are being appointed. He is s bitter loser, imagine all he went through from post primaries. He is crying inside.

207 Likes 16 Shares

Re: APC Is Now an Islamic Party - Babachir Lawal by Godfullsam(m): 3:07am On Oct 19, 2023
dalongjnr:

Hmm... That's a very serious allegation.
SW is hotly in soup.
Religious extremism will consumer this country and our leaders needs to be guided on the sensitivity of religion and politics of this country.

Which hot soup? Only a nonentity will put put south west and religion extremism on the same page.

Leme tell you for free, SW has since evolve beyond a region that can be influenced by religion extremism.

Only the north and south east are still battling with religious intolerance till date.
They are the one in hot soup.

Even the balablu in Aso Rock, how many Muslims has he appointed compared to Christians? SW no send for religion o!

231 Likes 18 Shares

Re: APC Is Now an Islamic Party - Babachir Lawal by dalongjnr: 3:13am On Oct 19, 2023
Aquila99:

Wch stupid points did he raise, d Man who is president dat he accused of having islamic agenda have been fair to all religions and tribes in his appoints, even Muslims are unhappy that many Christians are being appointed. He is bitter loser, imagine all he went through from post primaries. He is crying inside.
Hmm.... He's one of the founding father of the APC.
For him to be shortlisted as on of the possible running mate of H.E Bola Ahmed Tinubu,before his eventual fallout with his blossom friend, the President, said a lot about his person.
The anomaly in the party structure said it all.
The Muslim president and vice president, who calls the short about what's to be done further elaborate his submission.
You are talking about appointment of the president, how many Christians are occupying a very sensitive position in the country?
From security, finance, foreign affairs, etc?
Give us the numbers and also give us that of the Muslims, let us compare how influential their positions are!.

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: APC Is Now an Islamic Party - Babachir Lawal by Burob: 3:13am On Oct 19, 2023
dokyOloye:
AlQaeda People’s Congress 🏃
Na them they rule you, when you reach Embassy for japa purposes, make you tell the person interviewing you for visa that I am not a terrorist, that I do not support the ruling party.

19 Likes 3 Shares

Re: APC Is Now an Islamic Party - Babachir Lawal by Burob: 3:15am On Oct 19, 2023
dalongjnr:

Hmm.... He's one of the founding father of the APC.
For him to be shortlisted as on of the possible running mate of H.E Bola Ahmed Tinubu,before his eventual fallout with his blossom friend, the President, said a lot about his person.
The anomaly in the party structure said it all.
The Muslim president and vice president, who calls the short about what's to be done further elaborate his submission.
You are talking about appointment of the president, how many Christians are occupying a very sensitive position in the country?
From security, finance, foreign affairs, etc?
Give us the numbers and also give us that of the Muslims, let us compare how influential their positions are!.
You talk as if you are not Nigerian? The people ruling you are the best you have, whatever they maybe, they are definitely more qualified than you, to be the ones ruling you.

The Pdp, The LP or whatever party you may support are subject to The APC which is by far the best thing you Nigerians have today.

17 Likes 4 Shares

Re: APC Is Now an Islamic Party - Babachir Lawal by Burob: 3:21am On Oct 19, 2023
Pigstormentor:
cheesy...

All their supporters on Nairaland are PROUD HAMAS/TALIBAN/AL-QEDA/ISIS Supporters. They are always shouting DEATH to ISRAEL. THEY only have automatic hate for people that believe in Christianity.

They NEVER condemned FULANi Herdsmen attacks ....or Even Boko Haram attacks. But they will be the first to insult and mock..BIAFRANs that want to let them have NIGERIA to themselves, with their HAMAS masters known as Fulani Herdsmen.

Small Small breeze dey Blow, these PIGs ynasssh must open...spits
Shameless minded oblivious Obidient Agbadorian.

You have no idea how a Jew considers a worthless peasant like yourself.

They have 10x more respect for the Palestines they are killing today, not to talk of a jungle bunny like yourself in a zoo in Nigeria Africa.

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: APC Is Now an Islamic Party - Babachir Lawal by dalongjnr: 3:24am On Oct 19, 2023
Burob:
You talk as if you are not Nigerian? The people ruling you are the best you have, whatever they maybe, they are definitely more qualified than you, to be the ones ruling you.

The Pdp, The LP or whatever party you may support are subject to The APC which is by far the best thing you Nigerians have today.
Stop confusing yourself.
You can only say that to people who are confused,as you are!
There's no relationship/correlation between the matters been raised and your submission.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: APC Is Now an Islamic Party - Babachir Lawal by Burob: 3:28am On Oct 19, 2023
dalongjnr:

Stop confusing yourself.
You can only say that to people who are confused,as you are!
There's no relationship/correlation between the matters been raised and your submission.
How can there be any relationship/correlation with this bitter aggrieved topic from grass utter Thief Babachir that makes no sense?

Babachir says is now the gospel of a saint to you Oblivious minded Obidient Agbadorians.

Confused Shameless Hypocrites.

20 Likes 3 Shares

Re: APC Is Now an Islamic Party - Babachir Lawal by Xscape1993(m): 3:34am On Oct 19, 2023
God in heaven knows that I never liked the evil party call APC....

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Is Now an Islamic Party - Babachir Lawal by Burob: 3:37am On Oct 19, 2023
Xscape1993:
God in heaven knows that I never liked the evil party call APC....
Evil parry indeed, If you are not honestly telling us in codes that you hate been a Nigerian, please tell me ideologically the difference between The Pdp, The LP & The APC?

Wasn’t this same Babachir & Atiku that are now ordained saints to You Agbadorian Obidients, members of The APC, isn’t same Gringory Obi of pdp Atiku of APC’s Boy?

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Is Now an Islamic Party - Babachir Lawal by dalongjnr: 3:49am On Oct 19, 2023
Burob:
How can there be any relationship/correlation with this bitter aggrieved topic from grass utter Thief Babachir that makes no sense?

Babachir says is now the gospel of a saint to you Oblivious minded Obidient Agbadorians.

Confused Shameless Hypocrites.
Not everybody is a political lunatic!
Some of us are critical thinkers and not political bandits and mobsters.
I have support the APC, I have worked for the APC and rewarded by it,but that's not how it was when the party was formed.
Immediately we won the election, there was a clash of ego,everyone was trying to hijack one or two portfolio for himself and his boys. That continued unabated which leads us to this stage in time of our nations unpalatable history.
The fallout was massive and the party couldn't manage success of the 2015 and 2019 election.
2027 elections, dogs will eat dogs.
I wish Asiwaju well and I hope he succeed with his renewed hope.
Let Nigeria work for all of us.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Is Now an Islamic Party - Babachir Lawal by Jostoman: 5:01am On Oct 19, 2023
Obedient stay away from this thread, i dont trust this man, this man might just be another BAT strategy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

#PanamaPaper: I've Fully Complied With Law On Asset Declaration — Saraki / INEC Portal To Check Your Voter Card Details Online Easily / Senate President: Lawan, Ndume Go Head To Head As Voting Commences

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.