Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,195 members, 7,829,279 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 11:48 PM

Edo Groom’s Dance Incurs Oba Of Benin’s Anger As Palace Places Curse - Culture (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Edo Groom’s Dance Incurs Oba Of Benin’s Anger As Palace Places Curse (69998 Views)

Asaba Market, Schools Shut As Palace Announces Asagba of Asaba’s Death / Oba Of Benin's Wife, Queen Ewuare Places A Curse On Online Scammer (Pix) / Traditional Priests In Lagos Curse Men Who Attacked Oba Of Lagos Palace (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Edo Groom’s Dance Incurs Oba Of Benin’s Anger As Palace Places Curse by Georgejeez: 12:35pm On Oct 21, 2023
OladipupoIyowun:
Only God owns the key to every man's destiny. I rest my case. If you serve the living God and know his words, you won't be deter by any man's threat

So your service to the living God now gives you the leverage to wilfully and consciously trample and desecrate time honoured traditions of the land right ?

Don't worry, continue , someday you will understand why even Jesus admonished that you give Caesar his share ...
Re: Edo Groom’s Dance Incurs Oba Of Benin’s Anger As Palace Places Curse by 9jii(m): 12:36pm On Oct 21, 2023
Lance008:
Oba won place curse and he no Dey create work
With your slave mentality, you are waiting for someone to create work for you. Use your brain and create
Re: Edo Groom’s Dance Incurs Oba Of Benin’s Anger As Palace Places Curse by Georgejeez: 12:40pm On Oct 21, 2023
PointZerom:

How I wish I am the the celebrants. To hell with you Oba will be my response.
Oya do am na , marry sharp sharp or take second wife if you don marry before , then do the Eben dance post am for Shosho media , add caption " TO Hell ,,,,,,,," under am ..

Try am if you fit

1 Like

Re: Edo Groom’s Dance Incurs Oba Of Benin’s Anger As Palace Places Curse by viodemus: 12:40pm On Oct 21, 2023
Most nigerians like to be natural willing slaves. If there is nothing to be slave about, Nigerians will form one. look as dem dey shout subjects up and down..

Every society get them own, but some societies dun progress pass others. No society is perfect, but some can slack or take things slower or casual than others. Is like a rich person's kids, like Dangote, or Otedola kids, if all go normal, they don't have to grind like most even if their parents force them to. May be the grand or great grand kids might have the grind gene or situations might necessitate it.

Nigerians are not there yet, but want to be acting like they are all that. Fooling theirselves everywhere. Make nobody try to make am about me personally, because am talking about collectively. Personally, I thank God, I have seen millions of dollars even at my age - I earned every one of it. I am just against igbo genocide and systematic long term oppression and suppression.

Nigerians just like to be comfortable and entangled in stup*dity. At what point do Nigerians as a whole grow up, at what point? This is more than an oba or whatever issue, it is an ingrained issue, cuts across all tribes. It is sad beyond measure, because if Nigeria can mature, my tribe will mature more, Africa will mature, and national progress will mature.

in regards to the topic, oba or whatever, is human. there were people before that oba started their oba. Stop putting all energy and emotion into rubbish and making rubbish your priority. Respect any respectful person. The logic is simple. Trying to enforce induced slavery is absurd. it shows why the continent is useless, it shows why others really believe they should rule over a slave that loves slavery. Even if God comes down and free Nigerians, most nigerians will tie chains around their hands - neck - feet, then run around God, and give the other end of the chain to another person to enslave them.
A useless continent. A continent with addicted to enslavement. Tufiakwa.

1 Like

Re: Edo Groom’s Dance Incurs Oba Of Benin’s Anger As Palace Places Curse by DonroxyII: 12:41pm On Oct 21, 2023
SoNature:
The truth is that this life is more complicated than most of us think. Blessings and curses are of the Lord. The Maker of the universe will decide whether to honour those words or not.
O boy no try am ooo .....
It depends on Your Frequency with God Because Some Events will Start Unfolding In Your Life after the curse That will Make you Run to Several Churches & Shrines Before Deliverance ...

Yoruba & Benin Kingdom Practices Voodoo So Once You are On Low Frequency & You Messed Up ......

You will started Experiencing Depressions without Understanding "Why" .... Na Dem grin
Re: Edo Groom’s Dance Incurs Oba Of Benin’s Anger As Palace Places Curse by ponishah: 12:43pm On Oct 21, 2023
DatNiggaDaz:
Oba have mercy on your subjects. Let him carry out the necessary divinations to appease the gods of the Land.
E no pass yahoo boys and men, nothing matters to them,
See as them dress like chiefs, after stealing people money and claiming its reparation for colonization and slavery
Re: Edo Groom’s Dance Incurs Oba Of Benin’s Anger As Palace Places Curse by Dronedude(m): 12:45pm On Oct 21, 2023
Tell us the type of curse make we observe something.
Re: Edo Groom’s Dance Incurs Oba Of Benin’s Anger As Palace Places Curse by nimsblings(m): 12:47pm On Oct 21, 2023
Correct the young men. The curse self na cruise. 🇳🇬🇳🇬🇳🇬😛
Re: Edo Groom’s Dance Incurs Oba Of Benin’s Anger As Palace Places Curse by Greenfusion: 12:49pm On Oct 21, 2023
EXOUSIAng:

You get it wrong.

I could curse a politician as a person, without the backing of a spirit entity and nothing will happen.
But the type of curse the Oba of Benin is talking about is not just word of mouth.
Note that he is not the one placing the curse, they is a group charged with that responsibility, not just anybody can place the curse.
That curse I can guarantee you will go with a sacrifice on an alter, making it a covenant. That curse now has the backing of a spirit entity, a spirit or deity is now backing the curse making sure the curse is activated....

I am not talking about emotional curses, curses we lay out of anger and frustration, like saying "Ogun kill you"
But you see go to a river Ogun bank meet with a priest provide what is needed to invoke Ogun and lay that curse, you will see the difference between "Ogun kee you" and "Ogun kill you" except the person in question is innocent. And in this case we both know the young man is not innocent

No joke with those things oh.
Go to your village and break some rules that may seem lame and you would be shocked at the result.... Those rules as simple or stupid as they may seem have spirit watching.

How do you think we Africans maintained order in our societies before the white man brought police?
Or you also think we had no order and we were jumping from tree to tree....

But sorry o, y e b say Oba nor dey place cause on thieves, cultists when dey terrorize and killers.....y?

1 Like

Re: Edo Groom’s Dance Incurs Oba Of Benin’s Anger As Palace Places Curse by Tendd: 12:49pm On Oct 21, 2023
Curses and superstition are what Nigerians are good at.From the elders,the pastors,the chiefs etc everyone is placing threats on the poor folks.
Re: Edo Groom’s Dance Incurs Oba Of Benin’s Anger As Palace Places Curse by billyG(m): 12:57pm On Oct 21, 2023
Just ordinary marriage you turn yourself to "Oba of benin" & your lousy groomsmen to his chiefs.
Re: Edo Groom’s Dance Incurs Oba Of Benin’s Anger As Palace Places Curse by slowice(m): 12:58pm On Oct 21, 2023
Oba dey waste curse.... He no see our corrupt politicians dash the curse?

2 Likes

Re: Edo Groom’s Dance Incurs Oba Of Benin’s Anger As Palace Places Curse by Globad(f): 12:58pm On Oct 21, 2023
wonder233:
I find this present trend of couples putting up a show at weddings ridiculous. Everyone trying to look for one "fantastic" thing to do that will be the "talk of the town". Is it a self esteem issue?

Don't mind them. A marriage ceremony shouldn't be competing with showbiz

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Edo Groom’s Dance Incurs Oba Of Benin’s Anger As Palace Places Curse by zudozz: 12:58pm On Oct 21, 2023
dre11:

https://leadership.ng/edo-grooms-dance-incurs-oba-of-benins-anger-as-palace-places-curse/

The way this people respect their king is what I love so much about them.

You see the young man response? It ll melt the heart of any king.

1 Like

Re: Edo Groom’s Dance Incurs Oba Of Benin’s Anger As Palace Places Curse by APCNig: 1:01pm On Oct 21, 2023
Lance008:

His head no correct at all. There is coming a President who will dismantle the useless traditional institution that is just swallowing our resources without giving anything in return.

3 Likes

Re: Edo Groom’s Dance Incurs Oba Of Benin’s Anger As Palace Places Curse by YorubaSamurai: 1:03pm On Oct 21, 2023
CSTRR:
[center][/center]
Na oracle you dey talk to like that?

And if you are in Lagos, are you aware that Lagos is his domain too.
His spiritual authority extends there.

Don't play with fire.
in your stupid Benin brain..

Your bloody oba starts and ends in that village called Benin..

Any attempt to go pass that village, he will meet his death

1 Like

Re: Edo Groom’s Dance Incurs Oba Of Benin’s Anger As Palace Places Curse by CSTRR: 1:05pm On Oct 21, 2023
YorubaSamurai:
in your stupid Benin brain..

Your bloody oba starts and ends in that village called Benin..

Any attempt to go pass that village, he will meet his death
Just less than 150 years ago, the king of your village would have sacrificed you to the oba of benin as an offering to atone for your insult.

And you would have been beheaded in Benin.

3 Likes

Re: Edo Groom’s Dance Incurs Oba Of Benin’s Anger As Palace Places Curse by kuuljay(m): 1:07pm On Oct 21, 2023
Very good, Igbo slay queen's now wear isi-agu as bum shorts
Re: Edo Groom’s Dance Incurs Oba Of Benin’s Anger As Palace Places Curse by Antoeni(m): 1:07pm On Oct 21, 2023
Na This Kind Mumu Thing Oba of Benin dey Remember say him be Oba , Cost of Living in Benin is Soaring High with the Stupid foolish senseless Agbero market Unions Extorting Money from Market woman leading to high cost of Food Items, Land Grabbers steal people's Land , The Oba has Kept mute in face of all this misdeeds.

3 Likes

Re: Edo Groom’s Dance Incurs Oba Of Benin’s Anger As Palace Places Curse by YorubaSamurai: 1:11pm On Oct 21, 2023
CSTRR:

Just less than 150 years ago, the king of your village would have sacrificed you to the oba of benin as an offering to atone for your insult.

lol..according to history written in your Benin village

1 Like

Re: Edo Groom’s Dance Incurs Oba Of Benin’s Anger As Palace Places Curse by ShenTeh(m): 1:12pm On Oct 21, 2023
Instead of us to appreciate our culture, and encourage the youth to keep recreating them, we are here threatening them with death and brimstone. And this is how our culture and traditions die.
Re: Edo Groom’s Dance Incurs Oba Of Benin’s Anger As Palace Places Curse by sylve11: 1:16pm On Oct 21, 2023
wonder233:
I find this present trend of couples putting up a show at weddings ridiculous. Everyone trying to look for one "fantastic" thing to do that will be the "talk of the town". Is it a self esteem issue?

I tell you.

Must one even do marriage and post it all over the internet? cool
Re: Edo Groom’s Dance Incurs Oba Of Benin’s Anger As Palace Places Curse by Shezzman: 1:17pm On Oct 21, 2023
My brother no talk like that o. Give unto Caesar what belongs to him to avoid any wahala o.
SoNature:
The truth is that this life is more complicated than most of us think. Blessings and curses are of the Lord. The Maker of the universe will decide whether to honour those words or not.
Re: Edo Groom’s Dance Incurs Oba Of Benin’s Anger As Palace Places Curse by ferhyntorlah(f): 1:18pm On Oct 21, 2023
wonder233:

It is.

I called it Validation Syndrome.
Re: Edo Groom’s Dance Incurs Oba Of Benin’s Anger As Palace Places Curse by lesson44: 1:21pm On Oct 21, 2023
This guy should have known better. He very knowledgeable about the Bini’s customs.
Re: Edo Groom’s Dance Incurs Oba Of Benin’s Anger As Palace Places Curse by 3ice9ce: 1:21pm On Oct 21, 2023
CSTRR:

Today, the Oba of Benin has reduced himself to fighting about and cursing people. grin

2 Likes

Re: Edo Groom’s Dance Incurs Oba Of Benin’s Anger As Palace Places Curse by juman(m): 1:23pm On Oct 21, 2023
He should apologize profusely.
You know our african people, they could attack him physically.
Re: Edo Groom’s Dance Incurs Oba Of Benin’s Anger As Palace Places Curse by Triangles1(m): 1:23pm On Oct 21, 2023
Lance008:

Chai, you get bad mouth, but you're on point.
Re: Edo Groom’s Dance Incurs Oba Of Benin’s Anger As Palace Places Curse by Okoroawusa: 1:23pm On Oct 21, 2023
The Oba get mouth to talk because the guy na Bini. Suppose say na Igbo or Yoruba or Hausa who Oba curse help?
Re: Edo Groom’s Dance Incurs Oba Of Benin’s Anger As Palace Places Curse by VinnyBaba: 1:26pm On Oct 21, 2023
Antoeni:
Na This Kind Mumu Thing Oba of Benin dey Remember say him be Oba , Cost of Living in Benin is Soaring High with the Stupid foolish senseless Agbero market Unions Extorting Money from Market woman leading to high cost of Food Items, Land Grabbers steal people's Land , The Oba has Kept mute in face of all this misdeeds.

The Oba is NOT a Governor, LG Chairman or Senator! sad

He is a TRADITIONAL or Cultural Ruler! sad

Plz, Sometimes Make una Learn to Criticize well. undecided undecided
Re: Edo Groom’s Dance Incurs Oba Of Benin’s Anger As Palace Places Curse by VinnyBaba: 1:29pm On Oct 21, 2023
Triangles1:

Chai, you get bad mouth, but you're on point.

Oga,He doesn't have Point! 😏😕

How can the Oba CREATE Jobs?🤔

Is he the Permanent Sec or Is he a COMMISSIONER in the Edo Govt? 🤨😒

2 Likes

Re: Edo Groom’s Dance Incurs Oba Of Benin’s Anger As Palace Places Curse by Usenokpevbo: 1:35pm On Oct 21, 2023
3ice9ce:
If he is not castigating the Minister from his state, he is dragging artifacts with Obaseki. Those ones ignored him, he has now reduced himself to cursing grooms.

He is too petty. I think his problem is idleness. He has too much time on his hands and his sphere of influence is so small.
tell me how many kings sphere of influence is bigger than his at the moment

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Are Ukwuani People Igbos(ukwuani People Please Talk) / Nigerian Woman Kneels Down For Ooni Of Ife In America During Interaction (Photo) / See The Sacrifice They Dropped On My Neighbor's Doorstep

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.