Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,295 members, 7,846,331 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 02:18 PM

Throwback: If I’m Rearrested, This Country Will Burn – Nnamdi Kanu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Throwback: If I’m Rearrested, This Country Will Burn – Nnamdi Kanu (2054 Views)

CALSER To Amnesty: You Have 7 Days To Leave Nigeria Or We Will Burn Your Offices / Omoyele Sowore Has Been Rearrested By DSS / What I Will Do If I’m Attacked Abroad – Amaechi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Throwback: If I’m Rearrested, This Country Will Burn – Nnamdi Kanu by okoro: 2:55pm On Oct 21, 2023
Nnamdi Kanu, leader of the Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB), has boasted that Nigeria will burn if he is rearrested by the Federal Government.

Kanu made this declaration in an interview with The Sun newspaper.

He asked why those calling for his arrest have refused to call for the arrest of the coalition of northern youths who gave the quit notice to Igbos to leave the North before October 1.

Asked if he was afraid of being rearrested for flouting bail conditions, Nnamdi Kanu said:

“I don’t care! Quote me verbatim. If I’m rearrested, this country will burn, I assure you.

”From where that oil money they depend on, they can no longer have access to it. I assure them that. This is not empty threat.

”We’re IPOB, we don’t abandon our own.

The Biafra gadfly also talked on the Anambra governorship election slated for November. He said it is the people’s civic responsibility to boycott the Anambra elections, adding that a “total and absolute boycott” will be implemented.

Kanu said the support he has gotten from his tour of “Biafran territory” has never been replicated by anyone, not by any visiting dignitary, Head of State, political or religious leader.

On President Muhammadu Buhari‘s speech upon his return from his over 100 days medical vacation, Kanu said he doesn’t believe the president wrote the speech.

Kanu said he still has plans to visit Lagos and Kaduna like he stated he would.

“I have a lot of friends in Lagos and Southern Kaduna too. When the time comes, I will visit those places.

”You spoke about my security, but I’m telling you that I’m not living any more. What you are seeing is but an empty shell that is only seeking for Biafra.”

https://saharareporters.com/2017/09/03/if-i%E2%80%99m-rearrested-country-will-burn-%E2%80%93-nnamdi-kanu

1 Like

Re: Throwback: If I’m Rearrested, This Country Will Burn – Nnamdi Kanu by Danegun777: 2:56pm On Oct 21, 2023
Simon Ekpa and Peter Obi now enjoy what Nnamdi Kanu laboured for

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Throwback: If I’m Rearrested, This Country Will Burn – Nnamdi Kanu by okoro: 2:57pm On Oct 21, 2023
Danegun777:
free donation from gullible ones

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Throwback: If I’m Rearrested, This Country Will Burn – Nnamdi Kanu by Ttalk: 2:58pm On Oct 21, 2023
That's true, we all witness the way SE take burn.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Throwback: If I’m Rearrested, This Country Will Burn – Nnamdi Kanu by thesicilian: 3:05pm On Oct 21, 2023
Same way the country has been burning since he's been in jail?

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Throwback: If I’m Rearrested, This Country Will Burn – Nnamdi Kanu by thesicilian: 3:06pm On Oct 21, 2023
Danegun777:
What exactly have they been enjoying?

3 Likes

Re: Throwback: If I’m Rearrested, This Country Will Burn – Nnamdi Kanu by Odin13: 3:16pm On Oct 21, 2023
Same noise they keep repeating .. after all his noise .. na igboland burn .. igbos killed .. their investment shut down .. insecurity took over ..

Yet sense still far

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Throwback: If I’m Rearrested, This Country Will Burn – Nnamdi Kanu by Roger3D(m): 3:23pm On Oct 21, 2023
thesicilian:
Same way the country has been burning since he's been in jail?
Only the east is on fire since his incarceration. Who cares?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Throwback: If I’m Rearrested, This Country Will Burn – Nnamdi Kanu by Jallotti: 3:25pm On Oct 21, 2023
Is the country not burning as we see it?
Or you want to see 'smoke' first? cheesy

HE WAS NOT RE-ARRESTED, he was KIDNAPPED. wink

Nigeria is spiritually burning.

Check your bank account!

MUCHECHECHECHECHECHECHECHE

2 Likes

Re: Throwback: If I’m Rearrested, This Country Will Burn – Nnamdi Kanu by Pakute: 3:36pm On Oct 21, 2023
Eeyah!, poor prisoner.
Re: Throwback: If I’m Rearrested, This Country Will Burn – Nnamdi Kanu by Raskimonojendor: 3:40pm On Oct 21, 2023
🤣🤣🤣

I am sure he loves the beans in detention.

4 Likes

Re: Throwback: If I’m Rearrested, This Country Will Burn – Nnamdi Kanu by mightyhaze: 3:50pm On Oct 21, 2023
Jallotti:
Is the country not burning as we see it?
Or you want to see 'smoke' first? cheesy

HE WAS NOT RE-ARRESTED, he was KIDNAPPED. wink

Nigeria is spiritually burning.

Check your bank account!

MUCHECHECHECHECHECHECHECHE
very true
Re: Throwback: If I’m Rearrested, This Country Will Burn – Nnamdi Kanu by Christistruth00: 3:51pm On Oct 21, 2023
Unfortunately It is his Region that is now burning

It's best not to pray for some things

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Throwback: If I’m Rearrested, This Country Will Burn – Nnamdi Kanu by epondudu: 3:55pm On Oct 21, 2023
Hmmmmn.
Lesson learnt in prison,betrayed by his tribe. Left by his soldiers.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Throwback: If I’m Rearrested, This Country Will Burn – Nnamdi Kanu by yoruboid: 4:07pm On Oct 21, 2023
It’s the SE that burning now with kidnappings, forceful closure of shops and wanton killings

Kanu has been eating beans in detention for over a year now and nothing has happened

Empty chest beaters as always

5 Likes

Re: Throwback: If I’m Rearrested, This Country Will Burn – Nnamdi Kanu by chiagozien(m): 4:23pm On Oct 21, 2023
yoruboid:
It’s the SE that burning now with kidnappings, forceful closure of shops and wanton killings

Yes the three banks robbed yesterday and Seven people killed is SE.

Plantain bandits are also in SE.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Throwback: If I’m Rearrested, This Country Will Burn – Nnamdi Kanu by chiagozien(m): 4:23pm On Oct 21, 2023
yoruboid:

Plantain bandits are also in SE. grin grin

4 Likes

Re: Throwback: If I’m Rearrested, This Country Will Burn – Nnamdi Kanu by Goodvibes007: 4:24pm On Oct 21, 2023
Christistruth00:

It is his Region that is now burning
Inside life.

3 Likes

Re: Throwback: If I’m Rearrested, This Country Will Burn – Nnamdi Kanu by pachigo001(m): 4:45pm On Oct 21, 2023
Christistruth00:
Unfortunately It is his Region that is now burning

It's best not to pray for some things
I wonder how miscreant like you think igboland is is only your Nigerian military and police that are collecting woto woto stop all these useless propaganda
Re: Throwback: If I’m Rearrested, This Country Will Burn – Nnamdi Kanu by creativehubb: 4:47pm On Oct 21, 2023
chiagozien:

Armed robberies happen all over the world, south Africa, UK, America...but the police should ensure the robbers do not escape, I mean, block escape routes, incapacitate their vehicles, toss them grenades, robbers can steal, but it's shameful if you allow them escape.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Throwback: If I’m Rearrested, This Country Will Burn – Nnamdi Kanu by APCNig: 4:49pm On Oct 21, 2023
He is right, Biafra is burning, and Nigerians are not concerned. We will not interfer in Igbos family matters

1 Like

Re: Throwback: If I’m Rearrested, This Country Will Burn – Nnamdi Kanu by badoh(m): 5:59pm On Oct 21, 2023
chiagozien:

Trash. Talking off point.

2 Likes

Re: Throwback: If I’m Rearrested, This Country Will Burn – Nnamdi Kanu by LOVEALAIGBO: 6:22pm On Oct 21, 2023
Ttalk:
That's true, we all witness the way SE take burn.

That ‘burning’ in the south-east, whether by omission or commission, was done by your Igbo-hating ilk! Make no mistake about that!

You’re too deluded to realise that the socio-economic fabric of your cursed country is burning as we speak! Keep on comforting yourself with ‘south-east is burning while my own region is a Oasis of peace and tranquillity’ if that helps you sleep well at night!
Re: Throwback: If I’m Rearrested, This Country Will Burn – Nnamdi Kanu by okoro: 7:04pm On Oct 21, 2023
accordadoga25:
Hehehe

Igbos and chest-beating.

2 years now, country never burn

going to 3 years only begi begi they are doing

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Throwback: If I’m Rearrested, This Country Will Burn – Nnamdi Kanu by socialmediaman: 7:10pm On Oct 21, 2023
No lie detected. Nigeria burned, the SE part

1 Like

Re: Throwback: If I’m Rearrested, This Country Will Burn – Nnamdi Kanu by Raskimonojendor: 7:19pm On Oct 21, 2023
LOVEALAIGBO:

That ‘burning’ in the south-east, whether by omission or commission, was done by your Igbo-hating ilk! Make no mistake about that!

You’re too deluded to realise that the socio-economic fabric of your cursed country is burning as we speak! Keep on comforting yourself with ‘south-east is burning while my own region is a Oasis of peace and tranquillity’ if that helps you sleep well at night!
Go and sit down somewhere mr man.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Throwback: If I’m Rearrested, This Country Will Burn – Nnamdi Kanu by Hyperchi(m): 8:33pm On Oct 21, 2023
So many children in nairaland, so u think it only SE that is burning. The more security officer that get killed in SE, the more u govt spend to buy weapon, recruit and replace does killed, the more u remove from one place to replace,
U create a vacancy in does place which enable crime to increase.
He knows u that with boko and bandit issue u can't send ur troops into one direction

1 Like

Re: Throwback: If I’m Rearrested, This Country Will Burn – Nnamdi Kanu by okoro: 8:40pm On Oct 21, 2023
Hyperchi:
So many children in nairaland, so u think it only SE that is burning. The more security officer that get killed in SE, the more u govt spend to buy weapon, recruit and replace does killed, the more u remove from one place to replace,
U create a vacancy in does place which enable crime to increase.
He knows u that with boko and bandit issue u can't send ur troops into one direction
you told us that IPOB terrorist is a peaceful organization

1 Like

Re: Throwback: If I’m Rearrested, This Country Will Burn – Nnamdi Kanu by LOVEALAIGBO: 9:26pm On Oct 21, 2023
Raskimonojendor:

Go and sit down somewhere mr man.

What’s all this nonsense you’re posting!? Seems to me you’re just grasping at straws!

Is your country not a shithole and the world capital of poverty as we speak!? Yet you go about posting reports of your own evil handiwork in the south-east in order to try and score useless points and give life to your weakass argument!? Even your fellow Igbo-hater, that fat toad Asari Dokubo, was running his mouth like broken tap the other day…bragging about how he and his thugs are operating in the south-east with the blessing of the Nigerian state, yet your small mind thinks there’s not more to the engineered insecurity in the south-east than the Nigerian gov’t is willing to admit!? That stupid pic you gleefully post of people being assaulted in the name of sit-at-home that IPOB has reiterated countless number of times has been called off…..that’s either the handwork of Asari and ogogoro guzzling thugs or other non-Igbo/non-state actors operating in the south-east!

The funny thing is that despite all your evil state-sponsored antics, the south-east was recently declared the safest region in the country…..two times in a row!

The import of what Mazi Kanu said is clear to any discerning mind! His rearrest implies the hegemonic Nigerian gov’t is still sweeping unresolved national questions under the carpet…pretending they don’t exist! Questions of how to bring about TRUE nationhood and how disparate nations and heterogeneous units can sit down and address intractable issues that have dogged this country since the 1950s….these are still unaddressed, yet you gloat and feel smug and triumphalist that you managed to contravene international laws on the rendition of suspects and kidnap a man you imply on this thread isn’t a threat or a headache to you!

Obsessing and gloating over Mazi Kanu and his illegal incarceration, with all the evil, corruption, death and madness going on in your country is akin to a machete-wielding man chasing a rat from room to room while his entire house is going up in flames!
Re: Throwback: If I’m Rearrested, This Country Will Burn – Nnamdi Kanu by Hyperchi(m): 11:07pm On Oct 21, 2023
okoro:
you told us that IPOB terrorist is a peaceful organization
And u told us a peaceful organization is a terrorist.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Aliyu, Na By Force To Wear Agbada Ni? I Score Your Outfit Zero / "scientific" Racism: Nobel Prize Winner James Watson Suspended ! / The Evil Candidate: General Ibrahim Babangida

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.