Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,081 members, 7,835,646 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 12:56 PM

The President Shouldn’t Appoint INEC Chairman – Jega - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The President Shouldn’t Appoint INEC Chairman – Jega (24740 Views)

Sanusi To Tinubu: The President Shouldn’t Be The Petroleum Minister / Tinubu Should Review RECs Appointment – Ex-INEC Chairman, Jega / President Jonathan Meant Well For Nigeria – Ex-inec Chairman, Jega (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The President Shouldn’t Appoint INEC Chairman – Jega by Kingspin(m): 10:32pm On Oct 21, 2023
EcoNews:
Did Buhari take his own election as do or die ?
Make bigotry and hate no kill una for this country.

Buhari, the first four years in office were a disaster.
Yet Buhari got the highest votes during his second tenure than when he contested with Jonathan as of that time the hopes were so high. How he got such votes remains a miracle.
So Jega is right.
Re: The President Shouldn’t Appoint INEC Chairman – Jega by Hedonisco: 10:37pm On Oct 21, 2023
Miracle2020:
mention one senate president that was not nominated by the president aside from Saraki?
Secondly, I don't know how old are you, but go and find out CJN is appointed by the president.
You're very stupid for your senseless innuendo about my age.

You bloody illiterate. The president "appoints" the CJN. Really? So you don't know that the so-called "appointment" is STRICTLY based on nomination by the NJC, and the NJC's nomination is ALWAYS strictly by turn by turn seniority? Why can't the president appoint any Supreme Court Justice he likes as the CJN?

Only fools who think they are 'educated' cannot read between the lines.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The President Shouldn’t Appoint INEC Chairman – Jega by highness25(m): 10:48pm On Oct 21, 2023
2mercy:

https://dailytrust.com/presidents-shouldnt-appoint-inec-chairman-jega/
Why you no talk like this when you were appointed? Mumu man
Re: The President Shouldn’t Appoint INEC Chairman – Jega by Miracle2020: 10:49pm On Oct 21, 2023
Hedonisco:

You're very stupid for your senseless innuendo about my age.

You bloody illiterate. The president "appoints" the CJN. Really? So you don't know that the so-called "appointment" is STRICTLY based on nomination by the NJC, and the NJC's nomination is ALWAYS strictly by turn by turn seniority? Why can't the president appoint any Supreme Court Justice he likes as the CJN?

Only fools who think they are 'educated' cannot read between the lines.
who let the dogs out? Just go and find out?
Don't forget that Buhari sacked a CJN.
You cannot sack who didn't appoint. I hope your empty skull now have something to ponder.
Re: The President Shouldn’t Appoint INEC Chairman – Jega by Hedonisco: 10:52pm On Oct 21, 2023
Miracle2020:
who let the dogs out? Just go and find out?
Don't forget that Buhari sacked a CJN.
You cannot sack who didn't appoint. I hope your empty skull now have something to ponder.

Ode. Na me wey answer you I blame. Now get lost, forever.
Re: The President Shouldn’t Appoint INEC Chairman – Jega by Programmer47: 11:09pm On Oct 21, 2023
EcoNews:
Make bigotry n hate no kill una for this country.

Yes oh. According to Buhari - the dogs and baboon would be soaked in blood.
It was a do or die affair for Apc and it still is.
By the way, I wonder how bigotry even entered the sentence. Is like I don't know my English again

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The President Shouldn’t Appoint INEC Chairman – Jega by Joysammy: 11:49pm On Oct 21, 2023
Who appointed you Sir? I guess it is your driver right. Ode
Re: The President Shouldn’t Appoint INEC Chairman – Jega by hkidola00(m): 1:08am On Oct 22, 2023
captainbangz:
Good.
Moreso, we're made to believe that we have 3 arms of government, lol, na only executive me I know o.
President dey "appoint" Senate President, dey appoint CJN.
How do we expect the checks and balance?, which I believe is the sole aim of having different arms.
no you wrong..
Re: The President Shouldn’t Appoint INEC Chairman – Jega by countryman13: 2:40am On Oct 22, 2023
2mercy:

Orubebe dey shout for situation room dt bt U were deaf dt time! Idiot
Re: The President Shouldn’t Appoint INEC Chairman – Jega by GreyLaw(m): 3:28am On Oct 22, 2023
EcoNews:
Make bigotry n hate no kill una for this country.

Buhari lost 2019 election, hypocrite!!!
Re: The President Shouldn’t Appoint INEC Chairman – Jega by GreyLaw(m): 3:30am On Oct 22, 2023
Pakute:
Electronic transmission is vulnerable to hacking and manipulation. Kenya election was a mess of an example, US was not exempted from the allegation of Russian hackers. And for INEC Chairman, no time for story, Jagaban go appoint e own man after Mahmood.

Yeye! Tinubu is going!!! And he'll go with all of his unbelievably horrible supporters of which you are amongst the chiefest of them.
Re: The President Shouldn’t Appoint INEC Chairman – Jega by Pristine664: 3:37am On Oct 22, 2023
Taylor94:

If Tinubu appointing his own person as an INEC chairman will make you people to stop looting plantain and rice then let him do that

Hunger kuku dey start from south west

Tinubu till 2098
Una don dey roast your children chop for East.
The whole Nigerian is rallying round an Igbo man in the name of Mr Ibu, because una no fit help him life.

If na one of Tinubu's celebrity Yoruba supporter we for no hear word for social media again.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The President Shouldn’t Appoint INEC Chairman – Jega by Crafteck1: 5:08am On Oct 22, 2023
Pakute:
Electronic transmission is vulnerable to hacking and manipulation. Kenya election was a mess of an example, US was not exempted from the allegation of Russian hackers. And for INEC Chairman, no time for story, Jagaban go appoint e own man after Mahmood.

Manual is worse
Re: The President Shouldn’t Appoint INEC Chairman – Jega by captainbangz: 6:45am On Oct 22, 2023
hkidola00:
no you wrong..
about?
Re: The President Shouldn’t Appoint INEC Chairman – Jega by CoolAmbience(m): 7:16am On Oct 22, 2023
Zionmdde:
Am absolutely in support of this
How can an election where one of the candidates was in charge of appointing the INEC chairman be ever free and fair?

I am not against to reforms.

However, Jega himself was appointed by a president and he took the job.

He should have rejected the job at the instance to drive this advocacy.

The issue with INEC or any institution in Nigeria or elsewhere isn't who appointed who.

It is about capacity to deliver, it is about giving the right people the opportunity to turn things around. Endemic corruption is one huge factor.

On another note, I wonder why Jega is saying this now. The current INEC has exactly failed in its mandate.
Re: The President Shouldn’t Appoint INEC Chairman – Jega by CoolAmbience(m): 7:19am On Oct 22, 2023
[quote author=CoolAmbience post=126545045]

I am not against reforms.

The issue with INEC or any institution in Nigeria or elsewhere isn't about who appointed who. The human factor always plays a role in these things.

It is about capacity to deliver, it is about giving the right people the opportunity to turn things around within the institutions. Endemic corruption is one huge factor too.

On another note, I wonder why Jega is saying this now. The current INEC has not exactly failed in its mandate.
Re: The President Shouldn’t Appoint INEC Chairman – Jega by hefelove(m): 7:27am On Oct 22, 2023
Hello everyone, i am looking for car to driver.
If you have a car for UBER/Bolt. Please contact me if you have a car to rent out.
Re: The President Shouldn’t Appoint INEC Chairman – Jega by abidem4real: 7:29am On Oct 22, 2023
2mercy:

That is a clear confession that you did what your paymaster asked of you during your stay in office.
Re: The President Shouldn’t Appoint INEC Chairman – Jega by FKMagazine(m): 7:32am On Oct 22, 2023
Who Shud?
Re: The President Shouldn’t Appoint INEC Chairman – Jega by Nobody: 8:04am On Oct 22, 2023
2mercy:

See this one who landed us in the affliction which rose a second time.
Re: The President Shouldn’t Appoint INEC Chairman – Jega by Babastrong(m): 8:09am On Oct 22, 2023
But jonathan appointed you.
Re: The President Shouldn’t Appoint INEC Chairman – Jega by lailo: 8:28am On Oct 22, 2023
Zionmdde:
Am absolutely in support of this
How can an election where one of the candidates was in charge of appointing the INEC chairman be ever free and fair?
Jonathan, a sitting president appointed an INEC chairman, this same JEGA. Jonathan won one of his elections and lost the second one under same JEGA. APC lost a lot of traditional States, dragging 12-12-12 states with PDP and LP under a president-appointed INEC chairman. INEC is independent, only OSU children screen VICTORY FOR DEMOCRACY when their candidates win and march to world court screening rigging when their candidates lose.
Re: The President Shouldn’t Appoint INEC Chairman – Jega by lailo: 8:32am On Oct 22, 2023
Chokehold:
See this one who landed us in the affliction which rose a second time.
The same man conducted an election that earned your Lord and Saviour Jonathan his first term. Take responsibility when u fail sometimes and stop pinning your failure on others. undecided
Re: The President Shouldn’t Appoint INEC Chairman – Jega by EcoNews: 8:44am On Oct 22, 2023
Was it Buhari who conducted the election when this statement were made ?!

Perosn wey no get sense no fit get no matter how hard you try explain because the foolishness is self inflicted.

Programmer47:

Yes oh. According to Buhari - the dogs and baboon would be soaked in blood.
It was a do or die affair for Apc and it still is.
By the way, I wonder how bigotry even entered the sentence. Is like I don't know my English again
atinga1:

The dog and baboon will soak in blood. Get small sense.
Re: The President Shouldn’t Appoint INEC Chairman – Jega by EcoNews: 8:46am On Oct 22, 2023
No wonder, I guess to El jibrin n El Sudan I. You mumu never do for Ipobland.

GreyLaw:

Buhari lost 2019 election, hypocrite!!!
Re: The President Shouldn’t Appoint INEC Chairman – Jega by Nobody: 8:49am On Oct 22, 2023
lailo:

The same man conducted an election that earned your Lord and Saviour Jonathan his first term. Take responsibility when u fail sometimes and stop pinning your failure on others. undecided
Its either you are high af on some cheap shit or you are just plainly stupid. Do a root cause analysis and take your frustrations out on the immediate cause, please don't bring it here. Failure resides with those who proclaim it. I don't give a fvck about all your failed leaders from 1999 till the most recent catastrophic one. I also don't give a fvck about your human lords and saviors which you so proudly find in select politicians obviously because of the handouts you get. Lastly, I don't give a fvck about a non-existent god you f00ls refer to as a lord and savior. Now run to your mama.

1 Like

Re: The President Shouldn’t Appoint INEC Chairman – Jega by Zionmdde: 9:47am On Oct 22, 2023
lailo:

Jonathan, a sitting president appointed an INEC chairman, this same JEGA. Jonathan won one of his elections and lost the second one under same JEGA. APC lost a lot of traditional States, dragging 12-12-12 states with PDP and LP under a president-appointed INEC chairman. INEC is independent, only OSU children screen VICTORY FOR DEMOCRACY when their candidates win and march to world court screening rigging when their candidates lose.
Tribal bigots are very stupid in my eyes, that exactly how I see you. Now swerve
Re: The President Shouldn’t Appoint INEC Chairman – Jega by Zionmdde: 9:53am On Oct 22, 2023
CoolAmbience:

I am not against to reforms.

The issue with INEC or any institution in Nigeria or elsewhere isn't who appointed who.

It is about capacity to deliver, it is about giving the right people the opportunity to turn things around. Endemic corruption is one huge factor.

On another note, I wonder why Jega is saying this now. The current INEC has exactly failed in its mandate.

The message to me is more important than the messenger.
Re: The President Shouldn’t Appoint INEC Chairman – Jega by CoolAmbience(m): 10:38am On Oct 22, 2023
Zionmdde:

The message to me is more important than the messenger.

It is not a new message.
The messenger's genuineness having benefited from the anomaly negatively impacts the message.

Fighting corruption is the bigger issue.
Re: The President Shouldn’t Appoint INEC Chairman – Jega by Miracle2020: 11:43am On Oct 22, 2023
Hedonisco:

Ode. Na me wey answer you I blame. Now get lost, forever.
very good, the empty skull has started working. Thank me later. Bye......
Re: The President Shouldn’t Appoint INEC Chairman – Jega by Programmer47: 12:58pm On Oct 22, 2023
EcoNews:
Was it Buhari who conducted the election when this statement were made ?!

Perosn wey no get sense no fit get no matter how hard you try explain because the foolishness is self inflicted.

You are not making sense. I won't descend to insults because that is your escape route.

This is your earlier quote ;
Make bigotry and hate no kill una for this country.

From where did Buhari conducting election enter the statement na?
Omo, the levels of delusion and hypocrisy some of you engage in is mind boggling sha.
When they catch you pants down, the next step is to insult and deflect.

Buhari threatened the whole Nation that the dogs and the baboons would be soaked in blood if he loses.
This is a statement that was echoed not just on TV but in the newspapers as well.
But trust agents of darkness to find a way to lie and deflect. It is well with your conscience sha

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Femi Falana, Fela Kuti And Beko (Throwback Photo) / The Current State Of Onicha Ugbo Federal Road In Delta State (pictures) / Akeredolu Receives APC Nomination & Expression Of Interest Forms, Goes Emotional

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.