Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,869 members, 7,828,098 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 12:27 AM

“We Are In Lagos Because Wealthy Igbos Are Shunning Home" - Kidnappers To Victim - Crime (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / “We Are In Lagos Because Wealthy Igbos Are Shunning Home" - Kidnappers To Victim (37498 Views)

EFCC Hands Over Recovered N191, 000 To Victim Of Fraud In Enugu(photos) / Man Commits Suicide By Hanging In Lagos Because Of His 'Cheating' Wife (Photo) / Yomi Shogunle Warns Yahoo Boys Relocating From Lagos Because Of EFCC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: “We Are In Lagos Because Wealthy Igbos Are Shunning Home" - Kidnappers To Victim by Freedom4us: 10:39pm On Oct 22, 2023
taylor88:

OPC wey Fulanis dey use do bonanza

Kill 10 get 1,000 free
Bros dem suppose ban u for being to wicked🤣
Re: “We Are In Lagos Because Wealthy Igbos Are Shunning Home" - Kidnappers To Victim by Sunmars: 10:42pm On Oct 22, 2023
YorubaSamurai:
you can live anywhere but when you pass your boundaries, you will be dealt with
I wonder if you have dealt with the Fulani herdsmen running in your backyard and killing your brothers; driving them into Benin Republic. It's the Igbos that's your problem.
I really pity you. Be there yapping until they reach your doorstep.
Re: “We Are In Lagos Because Wealthy Igbos Are Shunning Home" - Kidnappers To Victim by darkmarky(m): 10:43pm On Oct 22, 2023
Men should stop going out late to bar to drink.. People are observing you
Re: “We Are In Lagos Because Wealthy Igbos Are Shunning Home" - Kidnappers To Victim by Ozommadu: 10:44pm On Oct 22, 2023
jaxxy:

u left ur matter to go to ondo to address yoruba matter? This is not a tribal argument or attack that u guys enjoy doing and forgetting the real issue.

Didn't u her what the man said? They came to lagos to kidnap their fellow igbo big men only.

Stop making it look as if kidnapping only happens in the east.

After all the latest security report said the southeast has the least kidnapping case.
Re: “We Are In Lagos Because Wealthy Igbos Are Shunning Home" - Kidnappers To Victim by TheKingsmann(m): 11:30pm On Oct 22, 2023
MadamExcellency:

Unknown man kidnapped by Unknown gunmen kidnapper. Imagine, the storyline, the unknown gunmen boast that the Security forces and Police cannot withstand their firepower

This story is a lie, it never happened. Just a made-up clickbait gossip.
Until you get kidnapped that's when you will learn
Re: “We Are In Lagos Because Wealthy Igbos Are Shunning Home" - Kidnappers To Victim by 12inchess: 11:42pm On Oct 22, 2023
FIRDAUS3:

You mean the Vanguard news lied 🙄 for bringing this new?

I'll advise you and your fellow colleagues to leave Lagos and go back home to develop your village.

Omo ale jatijati....... ever since, you refused to go home! Fear they catch weyrey ki won ma lo jigbe grin

I have no reason to disblieve the story. We sha won't go and interview the kidnapped victims by ourselves
Re: “We Are In Lagos Because Wealthy Igbos Are Shunning Home" - Kidnappers To Victim by YorubaSamurai: 11:55pm On Oct 22, 2023
Sunmars:

I wonder if you have dealt with the Fulani herdsmen running in your backyard and killing your brothers; driving them into Benin Republic. It's the Igbos that's your problem.
I really pity you. Be there yapping until they reach your doorstep.
when last did you hear of any fulani attack in the SW?

Actually you igbos and fulanis are the same, and we hate you both.
Re: “We Are In Lagos Because Wealthy Igbos Are Shunning Home" - Kidnappers To Victim by Dopenigga(m): 12:24am On Oct 23, 2023
Offpointng:

To be very sincere, we'd all agree this isn't a bad Idea at all from em kidnappers. infact, it's some lives saving idea. cuz it won't be a bad thing to develop some poor kidnappers, would it??
stupid post from a stupid man. Sometimes reason before you go open mouth dey talk nonsense. No be everything be play!
Re: “We Are In Lagos Because Wealthy Igbos Are Shunning Home" - Kidnappers To Victim by MasterTee007: 1:03am On Oct 23, 2023
A friend was kidnapped right there in Lagos...its not maybe...and the reporters ran the story after doing lots of verification so dont think they just print stuff...this is not blogger or twitter X...reporters check and double check...they probably spoke to the family members and saw all the bank alerts...so if you dont have proof it is fake...dont start the conspiracy. Be careful and watchful. Personally I hate clubs and lounges...you are setting yourself up for targets...order delivery and eat in your house...manage your regular small car ...this is not the time to showoff...criminals are desperate. The whole Igbo crap is meant to start a tribal war.

MadamExcellency:

Unknown man kidnapped by Unknown gunmen kidnapper. Imagine, the storyline, the unknown gunmen boast that the Security forces and Police cannot withstand their firepower

1 Like 1 Share

Re: “We Are In Lagos Because Wealthy Igbos Are Shunning Home" - Kidnappers To Victim by blabulu2000: 1:09am On Oct 23, 2023
Now I know why so many Nnnnyamiri people prefer to die in Yoruba land than.to go to their hometown. To invest...
And these people will be boastful as if they are indispensable in the Southwest.....now, we know that the Southwest is your savior against some of your bastard sons and daughters in the East.
Some of these Nnnnyamiri come to Lagos State and complain about street urchins in Lagos state....now, we know better that some of their some and daughters are hired assassins, kidnappers, and criminals in different degrees...

Let those criminals know that Lagos State is not Nnnyamiri state...and there is no hiding place for them in Lagos State... There was the militant group from Niger Delta who came some years to Lagos State to be fomenting trouble in the Ikorodu area....now, Almost all of them were killed in Lagos State in one day...whoever knows that criminal element should tell them that their days are number. ...

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: “We Are In Lagos Because Wealthy Igbos Are Shunning Home" - Kidnappers To Victim by NovusHomo(m): 1:42am On Oct 23, 2023
Offpointng:

To be very sincere, we'd all agree this isn't a bad Idea at all from em kidnappers. infact, it's some lives saving idea. cuz it won't be a bad thing to develop some poor kidnappers, would it??

Just round up all the Igbo "billionaires" and send them to their states. Kidnapping will stop in Lagos.

1 Like

Re: “We Are In Lagos Because Wealthy Igbos Are Shunning Home" - Kidnappers To Victim by OyinO: 6:43am On Oct 23, 2023
What kind of useless excuse is that? You're a criminal, that's all. Don't blame your criminality on another person's residence in wherever they choose to stay or do business. Yeye fowl excuse
Re: “We Are In Lagos Because Wealthy Igbos Are Shunning Home" - Kidnappers To Victim by godofuck231: 7:05am On Oct 23, 2023
Normal igbo parade
Re: “We Are In Lagos Because Wealthy Igbos Are Shunning Home" - Kidnappers To Victim by HRMK: 7:56am On Oct 23, 2023
hahaha....even obi their #igbopresident is not staying at home!they are running to lagos and abuja!they are even more than the natives of those places!!
Re: “We Are In Lagos Because Wealthy Igbos Are Shunning Home" - Kidnappers To Victim by Gerrard59(m): 8:22am On Oct 23, 2023
wesley80:

You're a full. The victim is the owner of Nobis bar in Ago palace road. Everyone heard of hia kidnap and his subsequent release.

Wow! Apparently, it seems to be true, considering Vanguard is not exactly anti-Igbo. Just that his narration sounds somehow.
Re: “We Are In Lagos Because Wealthy Igbos Are Shunning Home" - Kidnappers To Victim by Mayeldah(m): 8:59am On Oct 23, 2023
Kidnappers transferred monies to their account from a victim's phone and investigations were not conducted after victims were released?

Call for their bank statements and let the DSS do their work

except these are all made up stories.
Re: “We Are In Lagos Because Wealthy Igbos Are Shunning Home" - Kidnappers To Victim by berrystunn(m): 9:35am On Oct 23, 2023
MadamExcellency:

How old are you? Stop watching movies.
Re: “We Are In Lagos Because Wealthy Igbos Are Shunning Home" - Kidnappers To Victim by berrystunn(m): 9:36am On Oct 23, 2023
Ipob in Lagos
Re: “We Are In Lagos Because Wealthy Igbos Are Shunning Home" - Kidnappers To Victim by berrystunn(m): 9:39am On Oct 23, 2023
mancoconut:
The report looks like something one Tunde Azeez meticulously cobbled together from his phone and sent to the "APC whatsapp group" for vetting before sending it to random blogs for click-bait and ethnic jingles, very anyhow report.

Do you live in Ago? Do you know the man?
A lot do, the story is not new.
Re: “We Are In Lagos Because Wealthy Igbos Are Shunning Home" - Kidnappers To Victim by antibullshit: 2:33pm On Oct 23, 2023
Xbobtage:
Naira is now N1195 naira, the blowback from this is yet to come...for an import dependent country, hunger and starvation of biblical proportions are looming.

well.well Since my last post, you have all gotten poorer by more than half. Regardless of what industry you are domiciled in within the nigerian economy. POSTED SO MANY WARNINGS HERE PRIOR TO THE ELECTION, BUT HOW DO YOU REDEEM A NATION ON A CLEAR SUICIDAL PATH ? Read to the end, I will proffer my perceived worse case scenarios and perceived solutions to this quagmire we find ourselves in.

Mr, Wales theory of only 6.8 Billion dollars needed to clear up Fx backlogs is purely subjective. Even if that money is put in the foreign exchange market now, a new deficit will be created in a mere couple of months and we will be right back in the same position.

I have been tracking tracking economies, foreign exchange rate, global policies and Gdp growth for over 20 years now, ONE key thing needed in stability of foreign exchange rate is Perception. Perception itself has even surpassed ;local production in in terms of factors that determine foreign exchange rate since the advent of smart phones and information on the go.

We are a nation of Big Tribes and many smalls ones, Decades ago those in power figured out we have to balance the egos of these three big tribes to have a balanced political, economical and even social environment, The APC regime came in and completely threw us into this satanic tribalistic territory where igbo hating and marginalization is a policy and is barefaced, and we are all going to suffer for it. Here is why

The igbo/igboid people are a majority in nigeria, and might be even more than the yorubas, we can not say for sure without a proper census. (I noticed on wiki the yorubas have gone on to increase their population percent to 20 percent and left the igbo one at 18 percent. although both tribes were listed at 17 percent just three years ago). What we now know for a fact is that the igbos and their sympathizers do have the largest online presence in nigeria, we can tell from the Peter Obi online polls and how he always won with over 80 percent regardless of how it was framed.

If you have these group of aggrieved nigerians on every social platform bashing and dissing nigeria, there is no way our economy or currency can survive that.

My people we have now dived into this electric pond, these is no easy way out. The easiest path would have been allowing an igbo person become president this time when it was rightfully their turn, so that we as can country can heal and build the sense of nationalism that every nationhood needs to survive and build anything on in the long run.

Northerners were ok with the rotation of power to the south, But NO some south westerners refused, they hijacked the election and took the country into this highspeed train off a cliff and that is where we are now. Besides the guy who was elected is someone who has a, should I say God complex or dictatorial complex and that really compounds the situation, a man who felt too big to attend a debate, give an interview and was nominating people to answer a question that was asked to him is a person who believes he is above all and sundry and does not care about the feelings of the masses, and that is the kind of person who would go on to devalue the extremely sensitive naira and remove subsidy at the same time, without meticulously looking at this issue from all corners first, tighten up corrupt lose ends on both sectors before making a policy change. Those of you who voted for the man knew exactly what he was, how are your lives now? It doesnt matter how rich you are as nigerian, you are definitely getting fxcked over and bleeding money if you have nigeria as your main source of income. Not unless you are a corrupt looting politician.

Anyways, our next stop in devaluation is 1500, but honestly there appears to be no end to where we are going because thing with this type of devaluation comes fear and with every deeper devaluation comes an even deeper fear and uncertainty with fuels the next devaluation. And where we are heading to venezuelan and zimbabwean levels of devaluation which brings absolute chaos and crime at extreme levels never before seen, nobody driving a nice car or living in a nice house would feel safe. Well dressed people will be out on the streets begging for food, Mothers will prostitute themselves and their daughters to knowledge of their family. Those who thought they were now big boys on 300k salary will only be able to spend their salary on food and transport. No more tokunbo cars. Those who will survived are those who planned for multiple survivable guaranteed sources of income, minimal monthly cost and rents. I was in zimbabwe at the height of their crisis, this is what was obtainable. Look up videos of venezuela on youtube to get the point.

Here are some of my perceived solutions.
As much as we all know they would hate to, the APC government should be trying to pacify the igbo people by balancing their appointments, an igbo guy should have been Senate president, massage the egos of these people we need them to believe we are in this together. Disown and fire any member of government who makes any perceived hate speech against igbos or pretty much any other tribe, and possible people who make this their means of staying relevant, I mean tribal jingoist like FFK and Omokri. I honestly doubt that this would ease the tribal tension we have now in the country but its not a bad start. Because I see the igbos are being haunted by all these extreme tribalist statements from government officials, for example you can see how the judges at the PEPT sounded, you can clearly hear the words from apc online trolls right from their mouth, Absolutely shocking. Honestly i think pacifying the igbo people at this point may not work, Too much harm has been done, maybe in 4 years tinubu should step aside and let and igbo person take over, but at that point this country would be far too gone in the wilderness.

Option 2 is bend over ass cheeks open and let the french have their way, sign the agreement for ECO to be used as the single currency for ecowas backed by the french and the Euro, they have always wanted to have us under their belt and are partly to be blamed for the political and currency crisis we find ourselves in, You can see the hand of lagarde in these devastating IMF and world bank backed policies that tinubu is foolishly following.. But we are here now in desperate moments and desperate measures are needed.

Option 3 is dollarize the economy. Dollar should be accepted as a means for payment in all sectors and all forms of trading. That is itself is another decision that comes with its own upper cuts.

Shalom!
You're wrong about one thing . The northern political class ,led by the fulanis did not actually want to handover to the south,middle belt or even a northern christian. If you recall Buhari wanted to install Ahmed Lawan but Tinubu had him by the balls bought everybody he could buy and pretended to be very sick so that the muslim north would support him. That's also why he picked a northern muslim as his running mate. They supported him thinking he would go out like Yar Adua but he's suddenly healthier and no longer bulabaing and now they don't know what to do !
Re: “We Are In Lagos Because Wealthy Igbos Are Shunning Home" - Kidnappers To Victim by keemsleek(m): 6:34pm On Oct 23, 2023
budaatum:

I truly stayed in Enoma Street. Here was my balcony. Ago Palace Road is to the left. And yes, "scammers, yahoo, yahoo, drug shit and an extension of festac" like a lot of Lagos and Nigeria in general, considering my Ifon Osun.

Lol I grew up at Ago, use to stay at musibau mojeeb till I left when time was due. Ago palace was fun those days, of faki, OPC, century hotel Dr faseun, new world inn, kj, D dams, etc. The jagajaga period no light, no road, now people are enjoying the place. If not the festac is history Ago palace would have beaten it.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: “We Are In Lagos Because Wealthy Igbos Are Shunning Home" - Kidnappers To Victim by John4B: 8:35pm On Oct 23, 2023
The kidnappers should extend their targets to Yoruba's, e get y.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Scammer Apologizes To Man After He Shared His Scary Story With Him. Graphic PICS / Auto Parts Dealer ‘inserts’ Cocaine In Anus (PICTURE) / Dead Body Floating In The Water In Lagos, Nigeria (Disturbing Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.