Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,326 members, 7,811,964 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:34 AM

“We Are In Lagos Because Wealthy Igbos Are Shunning Home" - Kidnappers To Victim - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / “We Are In Lagos Because Wealthy Igbos Are Shunning Home" - Kidnappers To Victim (37457 Views)

EFCC Hands Over Recovered N191, 000 To Victim Of Fraud In Enugu(photos) / Man Commits Suicide By Hanging In Lagos Because Of His 'Cheating' Wife (Photo) / Yomi Shogunle Warns Yahoo Boys Relocating From Lagos Because Of EFCC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

“We Are In Lagos Because Wealthy Igbos Are Shunning Home" - Kidnappers To Victim by YorubaSamurai: 4:38pm On Oct 22, 2023
Kidnappers to Victim: We’re in Lagos because wealthy Igbos are shunning home

•Boast ‘We’ll soon take over Lagos, Police cannot stop us’

•‘We were getting ‘akara’ money in the East’

A Lagos businessman who was abducted in Ago Palace Way, Lagos two weeks ago has been released after paying N30 million as ransom. He was kidnapped by four hooded men who cornered him, midnight, as he was going to enter his car, packed in the garage.

His abductors called a day after, demanding a ransom of N100 million but family members and friends were able to raise N30 million before he was released.

The middle-aged Chief Executive Officer, CEO, of his company who pleaded passionately that his name should not be used because the kidnappers threatened to come back for him if he spoke on the incident told Crime Guard that he was taking a big risk by narrating what he suffered throughout the two weeks he spent with his abductors.

I felt that I could only talk about the trauma and psychological torture they subjected me to so that it will arouse consciousness and alert security agencies over what to expect in the coming days,” he stated.

According to him, I saw hell in the hands of those kidnappers and they were boasting that they will soon take over Lagos and the police cannot match their firepower.

They abducted me that weekend as I was coming out from my bar to enter my garage and drive off. They came with an SUV and as they were flashing their light, I pulled out my car and was heading towards the main gate when a mini bus popularly called Keke blocked the main gate. I thought they were avoiding the bad portion of the road but while I waited, the SUV blocked my car.

They came out from their car, one of them was flashing what looked like an identity card, shouting DSS while another started releasing gun shots at the same time, pulling me out from my car. They pushed me into their car, forced me to lie low and sped off. We continued moving while they tied a cloth over my eyes. Notably, when we raced for some minutes, one of them who I suspect to be their informant and probably, a force man, got down from their car. I said a force man because of the way he spoke to them while we were leaving my bar.

We moved for interminable hours until they got to a spot. They stopped and led me into a building like a flat and chained me on the legs. Then, they started beating me with different weapons, some as strong as iron, some like the normal sticks. They warned me that if I try to remove the cloth over my eyes, they would simply ‘waste me’. So, I was just receiving severe beatings and torture with my eyes covered. To me, it was as if a stone would fall on my head any moment and kill me. I was crying like a baby.

For the period I was there, almost two weeks, they were feeding me with an apple and water daily. Earlier, they wanted to know what I would eat but I was afraid of being poisoned and I told them just apples.

The beating and torture continued until I heard another of their victims who was kidnapped, raising his voice. He was boasting and telling them; “Is it not money you want? Don’t beat me. I will give you money.” On hearing this, they calmed down and I used the opportunity to open the scarf they used blindfolding me slightly. I saw three of them. It is like they divided themselves into groups. Those that target their victims are different from those that guard the victims and those that negotiate for ransom. This is because the moment the man said ‘I will give you money’, they made frantic calls while at the same time going through his phones.

The story took another dimension when they saw only N10m in the man’s account and they rebuked him and quickly transferred the money into their account. Unfortunately for the man, as they were complaining that the money was not commensurate with his boast, alert was received in the man’s phone and from the way they jubilated, it must be a huge sum. They did not waste time in releasing the man. I saw that there were other kidnap victims chained in the room. Some were chained in both hands and legs while some, like me, were chained only on the leg.

“After that, as I quickly covered my eyes, they turned towards me and started telling me that they have now landed in Lagos and would go to any extent to get all they wanted. They said that while they were operating in the east, they did not know that they were just getting akara money. That now in Lagos, they were making real money.

“They said that they decided to relocate to Lagos when they noticed that wealthy Igbo people in Lagos refused coming home for fear of being kidnapped. But now, they have landed in Lagos and both the police and any other security agency cannot withstand their firepower. They boasted that they will face the police, fire for fire, juju for juju, and nobody can stop them until all the wealthy Igbo people in Lagos pay through their noses . Their targets are Igbos.

While they were boasting, they were threatening to kill me if I failed to pay N100m. Luckily, my family and friends rallied round and were able to pay N30m. At this stage, they told me to get ready for my release. One of them whispered to me to beg his gang members to release my bag and phones which I did and they obliged me. The polythene bag contained all the beverages I bought for my daughter who was to go back to school a day after I was kidnapped.

“They took me in their car and when we got to a tarred road, they pushed me out with my eyes still covered. They also warned that I should not remove what they used in covering my eyes and I was wondering what they expected me to do in that condition. However, few seconds after they zoomed off in their vehicle, I opened my eyes and could not say where I was. I was on a tarred road and I managed to cross over to the next lane where cars were passing. It was not easy for me to walk again because they tied my legs throughout the period I was in their den and it was as If I was learning how to walk again.

While across the road, a bus passed by and all efforts to stop the bus failed. Few minutes later, I saw a keke passing by and I flagged it down. Luckily, the driver stopped and I asked him to help me, that I was kidnapped and just released. The driver asked my name and when I told him, he shouted saying he heard about my kidnap. He told me that I was at Governor’s Road. Ikotun. That’s how he graciously brought me back to my place at midnight,” he stated.

When asked if police visited him since his release, he said;”Nooooo, I was told that after they kidnapped me and released bullet shots, some policemen came and hovered around. That’s all. Up till now, I have not seen any policeman.”

Meanwhile, Crime Guard learned that some concerned residents of Ago Palace Way have been complaining bitterly about the state of affairs at the Ago Police station following the rising cases of crime in the area. One of them who was interviewed but refused to disclose his name for fear of victimization alleged: “We had been lucky to have two female Divisional Police officers in the past and they performed excellently well. If they were here, what is going on now would have been nipped in the bud, all these criminals would have rounded up.

“The ceaseless rate of kidnappings and other serious crimes going on here is not encouraging at all. I know as one of the stakeholders that the DPO has been inundating us with requests for money to put the three patrol cars they have on the road. I can say authoritatively that as I speak, none of the vehicles is on the road while we continued to pay for them to be on the road. The menace of commercial motorcyclists in the densely populated and ever-busy area has quadrupled since the DPO who came for election duties took over. Perhaps, he is seeing his continued stay in Ago as an entitlement for one that conducted election and not a police officer posted to maintain peace and fight crime.

“I am aware that all these kidnappings were reported at the station but no significant effort was made to get to the root of the matter. I was told reliably that there is disquiet even among officers and men of the force working under him because of his penchant to chase shadows while criminals have taken over his area of jurisdiction. The new Commissioner of Police should not hesitate to overhaul officers and men in that station so that we can sleep with our eyes closed.”

Meanwhile, sources hinted that members of the gang normally position themselves at any of the numerous speed breakers that dot the long road from Ago Roundabout to Apple Junction and look out for flashy cars. It was gathered that the moment they spot any flashy car, they could trail the owner to his destination and come for him thereafter. So far, it was also learned that some wealthy business men living in the area have relocated for fear of being kidnapped. More than five cases of kidnapping have happened in the area in few months.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2023/10/kidnappers-to-victim-were-in-lagos-because-wealthy-igbos-are-shunning-home/#:~:text=%E2%80%9CThey%20said%20that%20they%20decided,agency%20cannot%20withstand%20their%20firepower.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: “We Are In Lagos Because Wealthy Igbos Are Shunning Home" - Kidnappers To Victim by taylor88(m): 4:39pm On Oct 22, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:
Hmmm. OPC will be on the alert right now.

OPC wey Fulanis dey use do bonanza

Kill 10 get 1,000 free

129 Likes 14 Shares

Re: “We Are In Lagos Because Wealthy Igbos Are Shunning Home" - Kidnappers To Victim by YorubaSamurai: 4:40pm On Oct 22, 2023
taylor88:
grin
igbos always running away from their region grin grin grin

77 Likes 4 Shares

Re: “We Are In Lagos Because Wealthy Igbos Are Shunning Home" - Kidnappers To Victim by TemplarLandry: 4:42pm On Oct 22, 2023

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: “We Are In Lagos Because Wealthy Igbos Are Shunning Home" - Kidnappers To Victim by FreeStuffsNG: 4:43pm On Oct 22, 2023
Hmmm. OPC will be on the alert right now. Check my signature for free stuffs!

30 Likes 2 Shares

Re: “We Are In Lagos Because Wealthy Igbos Are Shunning Home" - Kidnappers To Victim by gift2xl: 4:44pm On Oct 22, 2023
The heart of man is desperately wicked.

63 Likes 5 Shares

Re: “We Are In Lagos Because Wealthy Igbos Are Shunning Home" - Kidnappers To Victim by Offpointng: 4:45pm On Oct 22, 2023
YorubaSamurai:
“and nobody can stop them until all the wealthy Igbo people in Lagos pay through their noses . Their targets are Igbos."

To be very sincere, we'd all agree this isn't a bad Idea at all from em kidnappers. infact, it's some lives saving idea. cuz it won't be a bad thing to develop some poor kidnappers, would it??

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: “We Are In Lagos Because Wealthy Igbos Are Shunning Home" - Kidnappers To Victim by Monsignor22: 4:46pm On Oct 22, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:
The same OPC wey Fulani take do Suya for Oyo state few weeks ago? dey play grin grin grin

64 Likes 10 Shares

Re: “We Are In Lagos Because Wealthy Igbos Are Shunning Home" - Kidnappers To Victim by Urheadmaster(m): 4:48pm On Oct 22, 2023
The man entered one chance
Re: “We Are In Lagos Because Wealthy Igbos Are Shunning Home" - Kidnappers To Victim by CodeTemplar: 4:49pm On Oct 22, 2023
Useless elements. In no man's land to continue where they stopped in the east.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: “We Are In Lagos Because Wealthy Igbos Are Shunning Home" - Kidnappers To Victim by MadamExcellency: 4:51pm On Oct 22, 2023
The businessman asked not to be named because the kidnappers threatened to come back for him if he speaks about the incident.

Unknown man kidnapped by Unknown gunmen kidnapper. Imagine, the storyline, the unknown gunmen boast that the Security forces and Police cannot withstand their firepower

This story is a lie, it never happened. Just a made-up clickbait gossip.

47 Likes 12 Shares

Re: “We Are In Lagos Because Wealthy Igbos Are Shunning Home" - Kidnappers To Victim by Ozommadu: 4:51pm On Oct 22, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:

Which OPC terrorists??

The ones fulani suyanized in oyo last week...opari grin

21 Likes 4 Shares

Re: “We Are In Lagos Because Wealthy Igbos Are Shunning Home" - Kidnappers To Victim by Xbobtage: 4:54pm On Oct 22, 2023
Naira is now N1195 naira, the blowback from this is yet to come...for an import dependent country, hunger and starvation of biblical proportions are looming.

well.well Since my last post, you have all gotten poorer by more than half. Regardless of what industry you are domiciled in within the nigerian economy. POSTED SO MANY WARNINGS HERE PRIOR TO THE ELECTION, BUT HOW DO YOU REDEEM A NATION ON A CLEAR SUICIDAL PATH ? Read to the end, I will proffer my perceived worse case scenarios and perceived solutions to this quagmire we find ourselves in.

Mr, Wales theory of only 6.8 Billion dollars needed to clear up Fx backlogs is purely subjective. Even if that money is put in the foreign exchange market now, a new deficit will be created in a mere couple of months and we will be right back in the same position.

I have been tracking tracking economies, foreign exchange rate, global policies and Gdp growth for over 20 years now, ONE key thing needed in stability of foreign exchange rate is Perception. Perception itself has even surpassed ;local production in in terms of factors that determine foreign exchange rate since the advent of smart phones and information on the go.

We are a nation of Big Tribes and many smalls ones, Decades ago those in power figured out we have to balance the egos of these three big tribes to have a balanced political, economical and even social environment, The APC regime came in and completely threw us into this satanic tribalistic territory where igbo hating and marginalization is a policy and is barefaced, and we are all going to suffer for it. Here is why

The igbo/igboid people are a majority in nigeria, and might be even more than the yorubas, we can not say for sure without a proper census. (I noticed on wiki the yorubas have gone on to increase their population percent to 20 percent and left the igbo one at 18 percent. although both tribes were listed at 17 percent just three years ago). What we now know for a fact is that the igbos and their sympathizers do have the largest online presence in nigeria, we can tell from the Peter Obi online polls and how he always won with over 80 percent regardless of how it was framed.

If you have these group of aggrieved nigerians on every social platform bashing and dissing nigeria, there is no way our economy or currency can survive that.

My people we have now dived into this electric pond, these is no easy way out. The easiest path would have been allowing an igbo person become president this time when it was rightfully their turn, so that we as can country can heal and build the sense of nationalism that every nationhood needs to survive and build anything on in the long run.

Northerners were ok with the rotation of power to the south, But NO some south westerners refused, they hijacked the election and took the country into this highspeed train off a cliff and that is where we are now. Besides the guy who was elected is someone who has a, should I say God complex or dictatorial complex and that really compounds the situation, a man who felt too big to attend a debate, give an interview and was nominating people to answer a question that was asked to him is a person who believes he is above all and sundry and does not care about the feelings of the masses, and that is the kind of person who would go on to devalue the extremely sensitive naira and remove subsidy at the same time, without meticulously looking at this issue from all corners first, tighten up corrupt lose ends on both sectors before making a policy change. Those of you who voted for the man knew exactly what he was, how are your lives now? It doesnt matter how rich you are as nigerian, you are definitely getting fxcked over and bleeding money if you have nigeria as your main source of income. Not unless you are a corrupt looting politician.

Anyways, our next stop in devaluation is 1500, but honestly there appears to be no end to where we are going because thing with this type of devaluation comes fear and with every deeper devaluation comes an even deeper fear and uncertainty with fuels the next devaluation. And where we are heading to venezuelan and zimbabwean levels of devaluation which brings absolute chaos and crime at extreme levels never before seen, nobody driving a nice car or living in a nice house would feel safe. Well dressed people will be out on the streets begging for food, Mothers will prostitute themselves and their daughters to knowledge of their family. Those who thought they were now big boys on 300k salary will only be able to spend their salary on food and transport. No more tokunbo cars. Those who will survived are those who planned for multiple survivable guaranteed sources of income, minimal monthly cost and rents. I was in zimbabwe at the height of their crisis, this is what was obtainable. Look up videos of venezuela on youtube to get the point.

Here are some of my perceived solutions.
As much as we all know they would hate to, the APC government should be trying to pacify the igbo people by balancing their appointments, an igbo guy should have been Senate president, massage the egos of these people we need them to believe we are in this together. Disown and fire any member of government who makes any perceived hate speech against igbos or pretty much any other tribe, and possible people who make this their means of staying relevant, I mean tribal jingoist like FFK and Omokri. I honestly doubt that this would ease the tribal tension we have now in the country but its not a bad start. Because I see the igbos are being haunted by all these extreme tribalist statements from government officials, for example you can see how the judges at the PEPT sounded, you can clearly hear the words from apc online trolls right from their mouth, Absolutely shocking. Honestly i think pacifying the igbo people at this point may not work, Too much harm has been done, maybe in 4 years tinubu should step aside and let and igbo person take over, but at that point this country would be far too gone in the wilderness.

Option 2 is bend over ass cheeks open and let the french have their way, sign the agreement for ECO to be used as the single currency for ecowas backed by the french and the Euro, they have always wanted to have us under their belt and are partly to be blamed for the political and currency crisis we find ourselves in, You can see the hand of lagarde in these devastating IMF and world bank backed policies that tinubu is foolishly following.. But we are here now in desperate moments and desperate measures are needed.

Option 3 is dollarize the economy. Dollar should be accepted as a means for payment in all sectors and all forms of trading. That is itself is another decision that comes with its own upper cuts.

Shalom!

5 Likes

Re: “We Are In Lagos Because Wealthy Igbos Are Shunning Home" - Kidnappers To Victim by jetwonder(m): 4:54pm On Oct 22, 2023
grin grin grin
Who Cook this story?

22 Likes 3 Shares

Re: “We Are In Lagos Because Wealthy Igbos Are Shunning Home" - Kidnappers To Victim by soberdrunk(m): 4:56pm On Oct 22, 2023
You people should stop disclosing payments and amounts, you people are indirectly encouraging kidnapping...... angry

19 Likes

Re: “We Are In Lagos Because Wealthy Igbos Are Shunning Home" - Kidnappers To Victim by mancoconut: 4:57pm On Oct 22, 2023
The report looks like something one Tunde Azeez meticulously cobbled together from his phone and sent to the "APC whatsapp group" for vetting before sending it to random blogs for click-bait and ethnic jingles, very anyhow report.

46 Likes 8 Shares

Re: “We Are In Lagos Because Wealthy Igbos Are Shunning Home" - Kidnappers To Victim by budaatum: 4:58pm On Oct 22, 2023
In 2000, I used to wonder on my balcony at 1 Enoma Street how all the people I saw walking up and down Ago Palace Road would eat, and guess this is the new strategy.

It's rich Igbo land, for those who don't know.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: “We Are In Lagos Because Wealthy Igbos Are Shunning Home" - Kidnappers To Victim by MasterJayJay: 5:01pm On Oct 22, 2023
Unkown victim.

So police can't trace millions transferred into a kidnapper's account?

Not that the police is different from the kidnappers.

Whether fiction or true story, the police is involved in such crime.

8 Likes

Re: “We Are In Lagos Because Wealthy Igbos Are Shunning Home" - Kidnappers To Victim by yarimo(m): 5:32pm On Oct 22, 2023
EVANS grandchildren are in Lagos state to prepare for Christmas grin grin grin

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: “We Are In Lagos Because Wealthy Igbos Are Shunning Home" - Kidnappers To Victim by adesegun121(m): 5:56pm On Oct 22, 2023
Awon oni ranu

New Format of kidnappers please beware don't fall for it

https://www.nairaland.com/7885876/please-dont-fall-latest-trick
Re: “We Are In Lagos Because Wealthy Igbos Are Shunning Home" - Kidnappers To Victim by phemmie06(m): 5:56pm On Oct 22, 2023
I pray all of you would be apprehended soon

6 Likes

Re: “We Are In Lagos Because Wealthy Igbos Are Shunning Home" - Kidnappers To Victim by theophorus(m): 5:56pm On Oct 22, 2023
Abeg, make our brothers from the East ensure say dem go to their area this December/January ooo.

Those Mansions need to feel their presence so that weed and reptiles can be checked.

As for the Kidnappers and One chance people wen enter Lagos and Abuja, make dem continue cos very soon dem go collect.

Dem think say na their area dem dey, but very soon reggae go change for dem.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: “We Are In Lagos Because Wealthy Igbos Are Shunning Home" - Kidnappers To Victim by Wealthoptulent(m): 5:56pm On Oct 22, 2023
YorubaSamurai:

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2023/10/kidnappers-to-victim-were-in-lagos-because-wealthy-igbos-are-shunning-home/#:~:text=%E2%80%9CThey%20said%20that%20they%20decided,agency%20cannot%20withstand%20their%20firepower.
Wrong location
By the way, dem get Social Media handle or forum, abi how dem take pass message accross?
Re: “We Are In Lagos Because Wealthy Igbos Are Shunning Home" - Kidnappers To Victim by Chetas81(m): 5:57pm On Oct 22, 2023
THOSE PEOPLE BORN HORRIBLE

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: “We Are In Lagos Because Wealthy Igbos Are Shunning Home" - Kidnappers To Victim by Kobicove(m): 5:57pm On Oct 22, 2023
Nonsense talk, come and try that rubbish here in Lagos and the police here will cure you of your mental illness! undecided

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: “We Are In Lagos Because Wealthy Igbos Are Shunning Home" - Kidnappers To Victim by Olawade24: 5:57pm On Oct 22, 2023
Okija shrine!!! There is an appendix to this shi;t let me spell it out poto poto my eyes can't stand.

1 Like

Re: “We Are In Lagos Because Wealthy Igbos Are Shunning Home" - Kidnappers To Victim by DamnnNiggarr: 5:57pm On Oct 22, 2023
shocked

Chai!

Igbos to now be blamed for every kidnapping in Lagos.

Did they speak in Igbo or English to start with?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: “We Are In Lagos Because Wealthy Igbos Are Shunning Home" - Kidnappers To Victim by creativehubb: 5:57pm On Oct 22, 2023
Lagos state parliament should enact a law that proscribe death penalty kidnappers caught in the act, and Governors should sign the death warrant...the key words are kidnappers and terrorists caught in the act. Evans should have been sentenced to death, by not sentencing him to death others are emboldened.

15 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Abba Kyari Rescues Kidnapped Assistant Police Commissioner In Zamfara (Photo) / Man Kills Fiancée For Mocking His Small Joystick In Austria / Uncle Flogs His Niece With A Knife In Ikom, Cross River State (Disturbing Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.