Stats: 3,150,700 members, 7,809,657 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:36 PM

Gotv Launched In Nigeria - Satellite TV Technology (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Gotv Launched In Nigeria (45746 Views)

Gotv Problem (Many Missing Channels) / Dstv Gotv Now In Lagos / Which Is Better Between Gotv Africa And Startimes In Nigeria(Ibadan)? (2) (3) (4)

Re: Gotv Launched In Nigeria by tivta(m): 7:24pm On Jan 25, 2012
George_D:

i just saw dstv advert in the guardian of yesterday. premium bouquet: 10k grin

Whats funny?
Re: Gotv Launched In Nigeria by GeorgeD1(m): 7:37pm On Jan 26, 2012
tivta:

Whats funny?

just read my lips, you'll see the mirth within! grin
Re: Gotv Launched In Nigeria by Nobody: 8:30am On Jan 27, 2012
George_D:

i just saw dstv advert in the guardian of yesterday. premium bouquet: 10k grin
it is high time we try them cos there bank database still have no bouquet @ 10,000k. Nothing have changed!
Re: Gotv Launched In Nigeria by tivta(m): 9:39am On Jan 27, 2012
auchs:

it is high time we try them cos there bank database still have no bouquet @ 10,000k. Nothing have changed!

Check www.quickteller.com dstv premium is N10,000.
Re: Gotv Launched In Nigeria by Nobody: 3:29pm On Jan 27, 2012
@tivta @George_D
I have seen the reflection. Thanks so much for these info. it seems the monopoly of dstv is being competitated. Lets watch at where they will end up as the dvb-t breaks down the myth.
Re: Gotv Launched In Nigeria by GeorgeD1(m): 5:25pm On Jan 27, 2012
auchs,
yes my brother. this monopoly wil not stand for long.
Re: Gotv Launched In Nigeria by born2boink(m): 8:05am On Apr 24, 2012
Is GoTv in lagos because I hate dstv with their silly dish

Re: Gotv Launched In Nigeria by ceejay80s(m): 3:28pm On May 19, 2012
Is this gotv digital tv or satellite tv? Why are all these london used lcd tv with inbuilt digital tv tuner not compatible with our startimes tv and gotv
Re: Gotv Launched In Nigeria by born2boink(m): 11:33pm On May 19, 2012
When will DSTV stop using the silly white dish, until they stop, I won't go for them and hope go TV increases their channels, all I care about is satelite Tv without dish
Re: Gotv Launched In Nigeria by toondey1: 6:46pm On Jun 12, 2012
could remember when mtn came onboard, thanks to glo and the likes, when DSTV started it was killing, sincere appreciation to Startimes who save us from SA SLAVERY TRADE, Hitv couldnt settle the battle. WHO believed DISH can be a story so soon in AFRICA!!! Startimes ride on...NEW ERA, newest tech others must emulate, leading the chart while NIGERIANS reamin loyal with YOU!!! like the war!!! grin

Re: Gotv Launched In Nigeria by Larry37(m): 2:54pm On Jun 18, 2012
is GOTV available at mowe? any info will do b4 i buy one
Re: Gotv Launched In Nigeria by born2boink(m): 3:05pm On Jun 18, 2012
Larry37: is GOTV available at mowe? any info will do b4 i buy one
Gotv has not arrive Mowe yet, genuine information from unreliable source
Re: Gotv Launched In Nigeria by deifilius: 9:43pm On Jun 24, 2012
You guys should stop hating DSTV and realize that GOTV is owned by Multichoice. Its basically DSTV's answer to Startimes.
Re: Gotv Launched In Nigeria by yomz1e(m): 5:42pm On Jun 25, 2012
GoTV is here now but what i dont get is if its been supported by DSTV why would i stay with DSTV for family boquet @N2800 and i can get GoTV for N1500 and get extra channel with it.why in the hell would i stay with DSTV? it doesnt make sense. My 2 boys love Disney Channels and GoTV offers it now in their basic pkg which DSTV doesnt? Can any1 make sense of this. I am thinking of installing it in the Children's room and it comes with 3 months free rental.
Re: Gotv Launched In Nigeria by born2boink(m): 9:25pm On Jun 25, 2012
DStv owns Gotv and you can get all Gotv channels in Dstv website
Re: Gotv Launched In Nigeria by elumben: 2:08pm On Jun 28, 2012
Please guys where can i purchase Gotv in Lagos?
Re: Gotv Launched In Nigeria by yamakuza: 1:00am On Jun 29, 2012
abeg, drifta and gotv: which one make sense pass?
Re: Gotv Launched In Nigeria by born2boink(m): 9:13am On Jun 29, 2012
yamakuza: abeg, drifta and gotv: which one make sense pass?

Gotv has no acction movies, I no dey watch yoruba movies
Re: Gotv Launched In Nigeria by Larry37(m): 3:34pm On Jun 29, 2012
is there any chance that the channels on gotv plus will be increased and include foreign movie channels,sports channel etc
Re: Gotv Launched In Nigeria by lovala(m): 4:17pm On Jun 29, 2012
hello George,
As you said in your earlier posts, Naija has become a super fief for BB. We English speaking Cameroonians have a huge appetite for what they dish out but it seems that it will take much more than a few DSTV bouquet kits for them give us a thought and make as much marketing proposals this way like they do to you. Foe starters, they don't have outlets here but for a small scattering of supposed reps who are targetting hotels and those highly placed gov't circles plus a sprinkle of business men. It is Canal+ that tested the waters out here. But, cable operators (what you call viewing centers there in naija - guys who reditribute satellite images through cables in the cities here) in conivance with members of the ART (Agence de Regulation de Telecommunication du Cameroun) and the Taxation Departement have virtually run them out of town. They've sold up to Cameroonian reps.
The long and short of it is that for the time being, DSTV will continue to dictate the pace of paid tv issues in this part of the world. The understand the market very well and I am yet to see that group capable of giving BB a good show down. One group wanted to try, but realised that they were still toddlers and their dream die jsut too fast. Talking about GTV (Gateway TV). But, as the saying goes: there is a time for every thing or better still, what goes up must come down. Looking forward the downward ride of Big Bro! Cheers an and have a swell day.
Re: Gotv Launched In Nigeria by Larry37(m): 4:21pm On Jun 29, 2012
will super sports select on gotv plus be showing live matches of the EPL/any league or champions league during 2012/2013 season?
Re: Gotv Launched In Nigeria by lovala(m): 4:30pm On Jun 29, 2012
cry
Re: Gotv Launched In Nigeria by born2boink(m): 7:22pm On Jun 29, 2012
Larry37: is there any chance that the channels on gotv plus will be increased and include foreign movie channels,sports channel etc
Their is high tendency that TV channels may increase but that depends on customers demand,persuasion,competitors from other firm and sales volume and management of Gotv
Re: Gotv Launched In Nigeria by lovala(m): 10:53pm On Jun 29, 2012
cry
Re: Gotv Launched In Nigeria by newmaster(m): 12:39pm On Jul 02, 2012
can person watch super spoets on gotv
Re: Gotv Launched In Nigeria by yamakuza: 2:51pm On Jul 02, 2012
born2fuck: Gotv has no acction movies, I no dey watch yoruba movies

i meant the DSTV Drifta, that wireless device that lets you watch DSTV on your laptop or phone, versus GoTV. Which one make sense pass?

So you prefer Startimes to GoTV?
Re: Gotv Launched In Nigeria by born2boink(m): 3:22pm On Jul 02, 2012
yamakuza:

i meant the DSTV Drifta, that wireless device that lets you watch DSTV on your laptop or phone, versus GoTV. Which one make sense pass?

So you prefer Startimes to GoTV?
I watched Bollywood and setenta( which shown holland,scotland and usa live leage and copal dey rel) also watch mc chaine sport, we have dstv in sitting room but hate the damn africa magic
Re: Gotv Launched In Nigeria by Everest9(m): 5:51pm On Jul 03, 2012
Thats Good this my first time i had about gotv thank God and we are hoping for more goodis
Re: Gotv Launched In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:24am On Jul 08, 2012
Can anyone tell me which of these (STARTIMES / GOTV) have:

CNN
NATIONAL GEOGRAPHIC
ACTION MOVIES STATION
SPORTS STATION

The competition is a welcome development cos nigerians are tired of these south african companies extortions.
I hope startimes will provide a better service so that DSTV monopoly will be totally erased.
Re: Gotv Launched In Nigeria by raynold17(m): 11:21am On Jul 08, 2012
were can I get it in Abuja.
Re: Gotv Launched In Nigeria by toondey1: 5:31pm On Jul 11, 2012
House, kindly xplain to me why GOTV (just lunched) failed to show since yesterday, have been to there office where i purchased it from but to my surprise the office i paid to couldn't provide concrete infor...SCAM?
Re: Gotv Launched In Nigeria by toondey1: 5:35pm On Jul 11, 2012
raynold17 :
were can I get it in Abuja.
man, wait and keep ur money for now, theyve stop working since ystday and dont knw y

Trend Tv The Best Alternative To Dstv / K / How To Unlock Dstv.