Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,260 members, 7,836,190 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 10:31 PM

South Africa Says Goodbye To Daily Power Blackouts (PICS) - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / South Africa Says Goodbye To Daily Power Blackouts (PICS) (4444 Views)

Iphone 13 Series Price In Nigeria, Kenya, And South Africa / Nkosana Makate: "Please Call Me Back" Demands N260 Billion In South Africa / Blackberry Messenger (BBM) Dies Today, Goodbye Blackberry Messenger (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

South Africa Says Goodbye To Daily Power Blackouts (PICS) by TMKsouth: 12:49pm On Oct 26, 2023
South Africa is beginning to turn the corner in resolving the energy crisis.

This is according to Minister in the Presidency for Electricity, Dr Kgosientsho Ramokgopa, who was briefing the media on the implementation of the Energy Action Plan in Pretoria on Monday.

Improved performance of Eskom’s generating fleet meant the suspension of load shedding (planned power cuts) over the past weekend and much lower stages of the planned power outages during the week.

“We have turned the corner, although we are not out of the woods yet. We are beginning to show sustained improved performance over an extended period of time and this is good news in that it’s an affirmation and validation of the work that the team is doing at Eskom (the national power generation company),” he said.

The Minister said the intensification of maintenance plans at Eskom are beginning to have a positive impact despite a difficult period in September when load shedding was intensified as a result of maintenance outages.

These maintenance outages are aimed at reducing the incidence of generating units tripping on their own and improving performance.

“These plans that have been put into motion are beginning to bear fruit. I did indicate some time ago when we were experiencing heightened levels of load shedding Stage 6, that essentially what we are dealing with is short term pain which is going to result in long term gain and we are beginning to see the kinds of gains that I was referring to.

“Our actions are deliberate. We are going to invest a lot of our efforts to ensure that we are able to maintain the units,” he said.

Ramokgopa insisted that both Eskom and the department will not show any signs of complacency going forward.

“It’s important that we shouldn’t be complacent and we have never been complacent…even when are beginning to see … green shoots. I think what that does is just bolster and raise the morale of the team to ensure that we even achieved greater results and we are able to save the South African economy.

“We introduced these interventions when we came into office, after the President appointed and sat with the team and thought the best way of getting out of this situation is to ensure that we make these investments into these units. What are the results – when the units come back, they remain on load for the longest period of hours.

“Essentially we have undermined the rate and frequency of failure of these units. We have improved on their efficiency. They are beginning to produce more… closer to their design capacity. This is not by accident. It’s not some intervention that comes from a place that is unknown. It is simple engineering and we really want to commend the team,” he said.

1 Share

Re: South Africa Says Goodbye To Daily Power Blackouts (PICS) by TMKsouth: 12:50pm On Oct 26, 2023
My phone app shows no power cuts for days now. Power used to go out 2 to 3 times a day for 2 hours each session.

1 Like

Re: South Africa Says Goodbye To Daily Power Blackouts (PICS) by Thundafireseun: 12:51pm On Oct 26, 2023
We don’t care

Jealousy mood activated

36 Likes 4 Shares

Re: South Africa Says Goodbye To Daily Power Blackouts (PICS) by WhisperedNoise: 12:51pm On Oct 26, 2023
APC left the group chat.

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: South Africa Says Goodbye To Daily Power Blackouts (PICS) by TMKsouth: 12:53pm On Oct 26, 2023
Thundafireseun:
We don’t care

[/color]Jealousy mood activated [color=#000099]

Re: South Africa Says Goodbye To Daily Power Blackouts (PICS) by Babangidapikin: 12:56pm On Oct 26, 2023
TMKsouth:
My phone app shows no power cuts for days now. Power used to go out 2 to 3 times a day for 2 hours each session.
What can we learn from the South Africans . This one only knows how to bring light that spoils your laptops or leave you in darkness minimum 6hours.

3 Likes

Re: South Africa Says Goodbye To Daily Power Blackouts (PICS) by misreal(m): 1:02pm On Oct 26, 2023
Nigeria comes to mind
Re: South Africa Says Goodbye To Daily Power Blackouts (PICS) by Nobody: 1:15pm On Oct 26, 2023
Wish them all the best. Nigeria could learn from them, this isn't about pride...

2 Likes

Re: South Africa Says Goodbye To Daily Power Blackouts (PICS) by parkervero(m): 1:25pm On Oct 26, 2023
SA is a progressive country unlike my country.

Kudos to the white SA folks.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: South Africa Says Goodbye To Daily Power Blackouts (PICS) by TMKsouth: 1:27pm On Oct 26, 2023
parkervero:

1. Electricity minister (black)
2. Eskom CEO, black (coloured)
3. Eskom board chairperson (black)

Black excellence 🇿🇦⭐⭐⭐

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: South Africa Says Goodbye To Daily Power Blackouts (PICS) by Starzo: 1:36pm On Oct 26, 2023
So their blackouts been dey reach 4-6 hours per day? ...and I bin think say na for like only 1hr in three days

Well all this one nor concern us.... we've got bigger problems over here

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: South Africa Says Goodbye To Daily Power Blackouts (PICS) by laluski(m): 1:51pm On Oct 26, 2023
But light is constant in Ghana... Through out my 3 months stay.. Light was on less your meter card ran out
Re: South Africa Says Goodbye To Daily Power Blackouts (PICS) by Karlifate: 1:51pm On Oct 26, 2023
parkervero:

So, the blue and the orange "SA folks" are mere spectators cheesy

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: South Africa Says Goodbye To Daily Power Blackouts (PICS) by sltn(m): 1:54pm On Oct 26, 2023
We dont give a fvck bout it. . .
Re: South Africa Says Goodbye To Daily Power Blackouts (PICS) by TMKsouth: 2:00pm On Oct 26, 2023
sltn:
We dont give a fvck bout it. . .

U gave a fvck when there were daily blackouts - front page news in Nigeria. Good SA news is bitter, i know.

2 Likes

Re: South Africa Says Goodbye To Daily Power Blackouts (PICS) by parkervero(m): 2:14pm On Oct 26, 2023
TMKsouth:

1. Electricity minister (black)
2. Eskom CEO, black (coloured)
3. Eskom board chairperson (black)

Black excellence 🇿🇦⭐⭐⭐

They handed a great country to your ancestors. They built the foundation to completion before handed to you guys.

1 Like

Re: South Africa Says Goodbye To Daily Power Blackouts (PICS) by TMKsouth: 2:25pm On Oct 26, 2023
parkervero:

They handed a great country to your ancestors. They built the foundation to completion before handed to you guys.

They also handed us a bankrupt state - your white gods. I know it will kill u to acknowledge black successes in SA because you cant handle another black person outperforming you. Threatens your giant of africa false sense of importance.

6 Likes

Re: South Africa Says Goodbye To Daily Power Blackouts (PICS) by NFBI: 2:53pm On Oct 26, 2023
Thanks to the white working day and night to make sure their slaves enjoy a pinch of good life
Re: South Africa Says Goodbye To Daily Power Blackouts (PICS) by LikeAking: 4:13pm On Oct 26, 2023
TMKsouth:

They also handed us a bankrupt state - your white gods. I know it will kill u to acknowledge black successes in SA because you cant handle another black person outperforming you. Threatens your giant of africa false sense of importance.

Dont boda replying Nigerians..

Leave them..

They also handed a perfect country to us, how did we manage it?

5 Likes

Re: South Africa Says Goodbye To Daily Power Blackouts (PICS) by Mrtaye: 4:20pm On Oct 26, 2023
TMKsouth:

Stop it whites educated you and they even enslaved you people during the apartheid era..... you guys should read the poem"Nightfall in Soweto"..... "nightfall comes like a dreaded disease seeping through the pores of a healthy human being and ravaging it beyond repairs".............At the ending of the poem the black South Africans lamented bitterly about night time which was when they were dehumanized, enslaved and brutalised by the whites and the lamentation went thus ,"nightfall nightfall you are my mortal enemy,but why were you ever created why not let it be daytime and daytime forever more" ......hmmmmm😭

1 Like

Re: South Africa Says Goodbye To Daily Power Blackouts (PICS) by chris4gold(m): 4:36pm On Oct 26, 2023
Wetin concerns my country, with this kind of news😆 no be national cake na😇
Re: South Africa Says Goodbye To Daily Power Blackouts (PICS) by TMKsouth: 4:46pm On Oct 26, 2023
Mrtaye:

Stop it whites educated you and they even enslaved you people during the apartheid era.....

While Nigeria was snoozing, the blacks in South Africa were building new power stations - some of the biggest in the world. That's why SA boasts 40,000MW🇿🇦 generation capacity and your ancestors only built 3,000MW🇳🇬 capacity which just last week collapsed to 25MW for a country of 250-million people.

I understand why you wanna praise SA whites for everything, to lessen the pain of being outperformed by black South Africans.

See our brand new power stations - Medupi and Kusile. #BlackSAexcellence 🇿🇦⭐⭐⭐ This is gonna destroy una as a volunteer white worship spokesperson 💩💩💩

3 Likes

Re: South Africa Says Goodbye To Daily Power Blackouts (PICS) by FiftyFifty(m): 4:49pm On Oct 26, 2023
Congratulations SA. Some of us won't, in any way, be surprised. You got it right in education, access to healthcare, and now stable electricity... Madiba will certainly be proud of you.

8 Likes

Re: South Africa Says Goodbye To Daily Power Blackouts (PICS) by Chibuzoc(m): 5:01pm On Oct 26, 2023
Congratulations to SA. Do you know that Nigeria means darkness that is why we want Biafra

2 Likes

Re: South Africa Says Goodbye To Daily Power Blackouts (PICS) by Goodday90(m): 5:07pm On Oct 26, 2023
Tinubu high on white substance and left the chat

Re: South Africa Says Goodbye To Daily Power Blackouts (PICS) by Mrtaye: 5:10pm On Oct 26, 2023
TMKsouth:

While Nigeria was snoozing, the blacks in South Africa were building new power stations - some of the biggest in the world. That's why SA boasts 40,000MW🇿🇦 generation capacity and your ancestors only built 3,000MW🇳🇬 capacity which just last week collapsed to 25MW for a country of 250-million people.

I understand why you wanna praise SA whites for everything, to lessen the pain of being outperformed by black South Africans.

See our brand new power stations - Medupi and Kusile. #BlackSAexcellence 🇿🇦⭐⭐⭐ This is gonna destroy una as a volunteer white worship spokesperson 💩💩💩
Of all I wrote you could only quote this few hmmm........ have you read the poem"Nightfall in Soweto" ... it's about the lamentation of black South Africans when they were under bondage of the White
Re: South Africa Says Goodbye To Daily Power Blackouts (PICS) by TMKsouth: 5:14pm On Oct 26, 2023
Mrtaye:

Of all I wrote you could only quote this few hmmm........ have you read the poem"Nightfall in Soweto" ... it's about the lamentation of black South Africans when they were under bondage of the White

And now they're building world-class power stations and not sitting in perpetual darkness like you.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: South Africa Says Goodbye To Daily Power Blackouts (PICS) by Mrtaye: 5:20pm On Oct 26, 2023
TMKsouth:

And now they're building world-class power stations and not sitting in perpetual darkness like you.
"They"? Who are the they😄 you people are feeling among all thanks to the whites who is still maintaining their power as the fulcrum of a modern southy
Re: South Africa Says Goodbye To Daily Power Blackouts (PICS) by TMKsouth: 5:25pm On Oct 26, 2023
Mrtaye:

"They"? Who are the they😄 you people are feeling among all thanks to the whites who is still maintaining their power as the fulcrum of a modern southy

U mean these new 4,000MW each power stations built by the black government 🤷🏽‍♂️ No amount of denialism will change this fact. You're making a fool of yourself.

4 Likes

Re: South Africa Says Goodbye To Daily Power Blackouts (PICS) by Obakoolex(m): 6:00pm On Oct 26, 2023
Wao
Re: South Africa Says Goodbye To Daily Power Blackouts (PICS) by Abbeytoy(m): 6:18pm On Oct 26, 2023
They took my light here today for the last one month.
Re: South Africa Says Goodbye To Daily Power Blackouts (PICS) by calabaman(m): 6:19pm On Oct 26, 2023
Congrats Teanubu on your supreme court victory.

Please advice your minister of power to carry his paper and biro and learn from SA power minister.

Your country is frustrating enough.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Amazing!!! 100 Small Robots Used To Represent Humans In Iphone 7 Queue / Testing The Tecno Camon C8's Camera In A Silly Duel / What Your SMART PHONE Does Behind You

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.