Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,024 members, 7,849,134 topics. Date: Monday, 03 June 2024 at 03:03 PM

South Africa Says Goodbye To Daily Power Blackouts (PICS) - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / South Africa Says Goodbye To Daily Power Blackouts (PICS) (4462 Views)

Iphone 13 Series Price In Nigeria, Kenya, And South Africa / Nkosana Makate: "Please Call Me Back" Demands N260 Billion In South Africa / Blackberry Messenger (BBM) Dies Today, Goodbye Blackberry Messenger (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: South Africa Says Goodbye To Daily Power Blackouts (PICS) by Emotionss: 6:20pm On Oct 26, 2023
[color=#006600][/color]
TMKsouth:

U mean these new 4,000MW each power stations built by the black government 🤷🏽‍♂️ No amount of denialism will change this fact. You're making a fool of yourself.

Op stop replying that irrelevant nonentity that is trying hard to sound relevant.

The person you're arguing with is part of the brain wash masses in Nigeria that keeps electing and appointing political leaders base on tribe and religion rather then competence.

Don't expect people who are comfortable with hardship and poverty to appreciate the development of others.

Congratulations to SA for the developmental strives being witnessed by all.

5 Likes

Re: South Africa Says Goodbye To Daily Power Blackouts (PICS) by Blitzking: 6:22pm On Oct 26, 2023
Enjoy u govt..while we wait for the next covid to remove ppl killing our economy since all the institutions for checks and balances have become figureheads..headless...voiceless...spineless.

2 Likes

Re: South Africa Says Goodbye To Daily Power Blackouts (PICS) by skywalker240(m): 7:26pm On Oct 26, 2023
When people say Giant of Africa, some peeps would come over here and start chest beating

Good One SA

1 Like

Re: South Africa Says Goodbye To Daily Power Blackouts (PICS) by Mrtaye: 8:33pm On Oct 26, 2023
TMKsouth:

U mean these new 4,000MW each power stations built by the black government 🤷🏽‍♂️ No amount of denialism will change this fact. You're making a fool of yourself.
So the South African government only consist of the blacks am I right
Re: South Africa Says Goodbye To Daily Power Blackouts (PICS) by InquisitorKybon: 9:10pm On Oct 26, 2023
This post is obviously bait for the short-fused Nigerians to see and react emotionally/irrationally

Just type congratulations and move on. If OP wants to continue beating chest on his country's deserved achievements then let him continue in peace

2 Likes

Re: South Africa Says Goodbye To Daily Power Blackouts (PICS) by NFBI: 10:31pm On Oct 26, 2023
Mrtaye:

Black government on paper but white doing the work..

Ask him if the company building the pp is own by the black
Re: South Africa Says Goodbye To Daily Power Blackouts (PICS) by CJStarz: 11:43pm On Oct 26, 2023
misreal:
Nigeria comes to mind
Which kain comes to mind? Nigeria leaves the mind biko. Which time we go fit attain this level? Vision 3000

1 Like

Re: South Africa Says Goodbye To Daily Power Blackouts (PICS) by CJStarz: 11:48pm On Oct 26, 2023
For the first time here, I'm giving you a pat on the back, Southy. Congratulations. Nigeria will never attain this height,no,not under an APC government.
U guys taking the lead in developmental strides..... We're still the 'giant' though.... sleeping or snoring 😂

TMKsouth:
South Africa is beginning to turn the corner in resolving the energy crisis.

This is according to Minister in the Presidency for Electricity, Dr Kgosientsho Ramokgopa, who was briefing the media on the implementation of the Energy Action Plan in Pretoria on Monday.

Improved performance of Eskom’s generating fleet meant the suspension of load shedding (planned power cuts) over the past weekend and much lower stages of the planned power outages during the week.

“We have turned the corner, although we are not out of the woods yet. We are beginning to show sustained improved performance over an extended period of time and this is good news in that it’s an affirmation and validation of the work that the team is doing at Eskom (the national power generation company),” he said.

The Minister said the intensification of maintenance plans at Eskom are beginning to have a positive impact despite a difficult period in September when load shedding was intensified as a result of maintenance outages.

These maintenance outages are aimed at reducing the incidence of generating units tripping on their own and improving performance.

“These plans that have been put into motion are beginning to bear fruit. I did indicate some time ago when we were experiencing heightened levels of load shedding Stage 6, that essentially what we are dealing with is short term pain which is going to result in long term gain and we are beginning to see the kinds of gains that I was referring to.

“Our actions are deliberate. We are going to invest a lot of our efforts to ensure that we are able to maintain the units,” he said.

Ramokgopa insisted that both Eskom and the department will not show any signs of complacency going forward.

“It’s important that we shouldn’t be complacent and we have never been complacent…even when are beginning to see … green shoots. I think what that does is just bolster and raise the morale of the team to ensure that we even achieved greater results and we are able to save the South African economy.

“We introduced these interventions when we came into office, after the President appointed and sat with the team and thought the best way of getting out of this situation is to ensure that we make these investments into these units. What are the results – when the units come back, they remain on load for the longest period of hours.

“Essentially we have undermined the rate and frequency of failure of these units. We have improved on their efficiency. They are beginning to produce more… closer to their design capacity. This is not by accident. It’s not some intervention that comes from a place that is unknown. It is simple engineering and we really want to commend the team,” he said.
Re: South Africa Says Goodbye To Daily Power Blackouts (PICS) by Laird(m): 12:05am On Oct 27, 2023
South Africa has long since been Africas biggest economy

I am a Nigerian but the truth must be said

3 Likes

Re: South Africa Says Goodbye To Daily Power Blackouts (PICS) by TMKsouth: 1:26am On Oct 27, 2023
Emotionss:
[color=#006600][/color]

Op stop replying that irrelevant nonentity that is trying hard to sound relevant.

The person you're arguing with is part of the brain wash masses in Nigeria that keeps electing and appointing political leaders base on tribe and religion rather then competence.

Don't expect people who are comfortable with hardship and poverty to appreciate the development of others.

Congratulations to SA for the developmental strives being witnessed by all.

👍🏾
Re: South Africa Says Goodbye To Daily Power Blackouts (PICS) by TMKsouth: 1:31am On Oct 27, 2023
Mrtaye:

Do u even know which political party has ruled SA since apartheid? Hint: its not white. Its black - ANC.

Do u even know what apartheid is and when it ended? Or even who Nelson Mandela is?🤷🏽‍♂️

2 Likes

Re: South Africa Says Goodbye To Daily Power Blackouts (PICS) by TMKsouth: 1:48am On Oct 27, 2023
NFBI:

Corrupt starving japaring idiot doesn't know about BEE laws in South Africa. Ask a friend about BEE laws while sh!tting next to each other in a public gutter🇳🇬👎🏾

1 Like

Re: South Africa Says Goodbye To Daily Power Blackouts (PICS) by TMKsouth: 2:06am On Oct 27, 2023
InquisitorKybon:
This post is obviously bait for the short-fused Nigerians to see and react emotionally/irrationally

Just type congratulations and move on. If OP wants to continue beating chest on his country's deserved achievements then let him continue in peace

Indeed.

And the illiterates and white worshippers came in droves as expected.

62% illiteracy rate in full display today 🇳🇬👎🏾💩

Did they make u proud as i pounded them 🤷🏽‍♂️

1 Like

Re: South Africa Says Goodbye To Daily Power Blackouts (PICS) by KingCold: 7:45am On Oct 27, 2023
parkervero:
SA is a progressive country unlike my country.

Kudos to the white SA folks.
The white worship and jealousy in your country is really mind-boggling, the minister with the engineering degree is black, the improvements are under under him but you choose to credit white people. You people are something else, the self-hate is really really dumbfounding

4 Likes

Re: South Africa Says Goodbye To Daily Power Blackouts (PICS) by KingCold: 7:46am On Oct 27, 2023
sltn:
We dont give a fvck bout it. . .
enough to type a comment though?

2 Likes

Re: South Africa Says Goodbye To Daily Power Blackouts (PICS) by KingCold: 7:48am On Oct 27, 2023
parkervero:

They handed a great country to your ancestors. They built the foundation to completion before handed to you guys.
Where were the natives when they "handed" a country to them?

So even a problem resolved now by black minds is due to being handed a country?

2 Likes

Re: South Africa Says Goodbye To Daily Power Blackouts (PICS) by KingCold: 7:51am On Oct 27, 2023
TMKsouth:

Indeed.

The white worship is so intense to the point a black player scores a goal but the credit goes to the white benchwarmer

3 Likes

Re: South Africa Says Goodbye To Daily Power Blackouts (PICS) by Mrtaye: 9:47am On Oct 27, 2023
NFBI:

No mind those southies na inferiority complex dey worry them
Re: South Africa Says Goodbye To Daily Power Blackouts (PICS) by Mrtaye: 9:50am On Oct 27, 2023
TMKsouth:

Do u even know which political party has ruled SA since apartheid? Hint: its not white. Its black - ANC.

Do u even know what apartheid is and when it ended? Or even who Nelson Mandela is?🤷🏽‍♂️

Simple question you dey use am fabricate another question hereby stylishly dodging my question............... Once again I'm asking you inquisitively that are there no Whites at the South African government
Re: South Africa Says Goodbye To Daily Power Blackouts (PICS) by Blazebond(m): 12:04pm On Oct 27, 2023
Electricity is no longer the burden of the fed government alone, president buhari and the national assembly have made it open to us all since ,why are the states not taking advantage of it? Why are private and corporate individuals not keying into it and investing in it?.
Re: South Africa Says Goodbye To Daily Power Blackouts (PICS) by TMKsouth: 1:50pm On Oct 27, 2023
Mrtaye:

Simple question you dey use am fabricate another question hereby stylishly dodging my question............... Once again I'm asking you inquisitively that are there no Whites at the South African government

I just see one white government minister. Same thing further down the hierarchy. So u tell us how many whites are in SA government since you know the country better than South Africans themselves. You're a sorry S white worshipper - spits!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: South Africa Says Goodbye To Daily Power Blackouts (PICS) by parkervero(m): 4:01pm On Oct 27, 2023
Karlifate:

So, the blue and the orange "SA folks" are mere spectators cheesy

Check out the number of blacks that are billionaires in SA and you will understand me.

Why do you think the white claim South Africans?

It's because of their investment in SA. All the money they got from the Gold they couldn't take them to UK or Holland they invested them in SA.

Nigeria and Nigerians are the real African. That's why they call us the Most populous black nation of the world. It's not only because of the population but also culture and nature endowed to us.
Re: South Africa Says Goodbye To Daily Power Blackouts (PICS) by parkervero(m): 4:04pm On Oct 27, 2023
TMKsouth:

Indeed.

The total literacy rate in Nigeria is more than the whole of SA.
Re: South Africa Says Goodbye To Daily Power Blackouts (PICS) by Mrtaye: 4:31pm On Oct 27, 2023
TMKsouth:

I just see one white government minister. Same thing further down the hierarchy. So u tell us how many whites are in SA government since you know the country better than South Africans themselves. You're a sorry S white worshipper - spits!
Then you blacks are the ones committing apartheid against the whites because whether you like it or not they are also legal and bonafide citizens.........cos if the tide changes now you will be shouting everywhere for your African brothers to come help you
Re: South Africa Says Goodbye To Daily Power Blackouts (PICS) by KingCold: 6:07pm On Oct 27, 2023
Mrtaye:

[b]Then you blacks are the ones committing apartheid against the whites[/b]because whether you like it or not they are also legal and bonafide citizens.........cos if the tide changes now you will be shouting everywhere for your African brothers to come help you
For the life of Jesus!
Re: South Africa Says Goodbye To Daily Power Blackouts (PICS) by KingCold: 6:07pm On Oct 27, 2023
Mrtaye:

Then you blacks are the ones committing apartheid against the whites because whether you like it or not they are also legal and bonafide citizens.........cos if the tide changes now you will be shouting everywhere for your African brothers to come help you
For the life of Jesus!...sighs!
Re: South Africa Says Goodbye To Daily Power Blackouts (PICS) by KingCold: 6:09pm On Oct 27, 2023
parkervero:

The total literacy rate in Nigeria is more than the whole of SA.
Its low as it is...

1 Like

Re: South Africa Says Goodbye To Daily Power Blackouts (PICS) by KingCold: 6:10pm On Oct 27, 2023
Mrtaye:

No mind those southies na inferiority complex dey worry them
This is rich, coming from a coon that thinks whites invented air

1 Like

Re: South Africa Says Goodbye To Daily Power Blackouts (PICS) by parkervero(m): 6:25pm On Oct 27, 2023
KingCold:
Its low as it is...
At what rate?

This percentage you see below almost doubled the total population of SA. Meaning that, the literacy rate of Nigeria is far ahead of that of the SA.

Re: South Africa Says Goodbye To Daily Power Blackouts (PICS) by jojothaiv(m): 6:33pm On Oct 27, 2023
Thundafireseun:
We don’t care

Jealousy mood activated
We care...

Starzo:
So their blackouts been dey reach 4-6 hours per day? ...and I bin think say na for like only 1hr in three days

Well all this one nor concern us.... we've got bigger problems over here
😂😂😂😁😁😁🤣🤣🤣

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

This $5000 Louis Vuitton Iphone 7 Case Will Make You Lose Faith In Humanity / How To Unfreeze Apps In Infinix Not 3 Pro / Samsung Galaxy A50 Vs. Infinix Zero 6 Pro: Which One Would You Choose?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.