Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,669 members, 7,816,755 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:32 PM

FG Launches CNG Initiative With Seven Conversion Centres - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Launches CNG Initiative With Seven Conversion Centres (20372 Views)

FG Launches CNG-Powered Buses In Abuja / Wole Soyinka Visits Tinubu With Seven-Point Agenda, Reserves Assessment / President Bola Tinubu Approves Establishment Of Presidential CNG Initiative (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

FG Launches CNG Initiative With Seven Conversion Centres by dre11(m): 8:09pm On Oct 27, 2023
The federal government, on Friday, launched the long-awaited Compressed Natural Gas (CNG) Initiative with the handing over of two CNG-fueled buses to the management of the State House.

Speaking at the official launch of the initiative at Presidential Villa, Abuja, Chairman of the Presidential Compressed Natural Gas Initiative (P-CNGi), Mr Zacch Adedeji, who performed the handing over ceremony, disclosed that the launch also involved the opening of seven pilot conversion centres nationwide.

Adedeji, who is also the Chairman of the Federal Inland Revenue Service (FIRS), further disclosed that the government has waived the Value Added Tax (VAT) on CNG purchases as well as seeking duty waivers for value-chain.

Chairman of the initiative, who was represented at the launching event by the Authority Chief Executive Officer of the Midstream and Downstream Petroleum Regulatory Authority (NMDPRA), Mr Farouk Ahmed, also disclosed that plans are underway for the government to establish multiple conversion centres across the country in the next two weeks.

“I’m pleased to announce that there are currently seven conversion centres in Nigeria and the government is actively working to establish more of them. These plans will be rolled out, starting this afternoon, by the initiative.

This project is not only about conversion of vehicles but also about generating employment opportunities. It demonstrates President Bola Tinubu’s commitment to both environmental sustainability and economic growth.

“Moreover, it is my pleasure as your Chief Tax Officer, a position I hold alongside as Chairman of this initiative, to announce that we will be waiving the Value Added Tax on CNG purchases as well as seeking duty waivers for value-chain.

“The goal is to build a sustainable future, leveraging our own cheap and clean energy source; gas
”, he said.

Adedeji emphasized that the delivery of the CNG project demonstrates President Bola Tinubu’s commitment to both environmental sustainability and economic growth in Nigeria.

He implored Nigerians to consider the buses as a symbol of a new beginning, “a journey towards the future, where the power of tomorrow starts today. Let this be a beacon for our country, Nigeria, and an inspiration to the world”.

The Committee Chairman stressed that the buses running on compressed natural gas are not just a technical achievement, but a symbol of President Tinubu’s administration’s commitment to spearheading an energy revolution.

The Chairman of the Nigeria Governors’ Forum (NGF), AbdulRahman AbdulRazaq, said Nigeria is the eighth-largest gas-producing nation in the world and with 70%, of its hydrocarbon gas possession will strengthen the nation’s gradual transition from petrol-powered vehicles to gas–powered transit vehicles.

Gov. Abdulrazaq called on the private sector to invest in the CNG Bus programme, he emphasized that Universities in Nigeria will be the first beneficiaries of the buses and all state governments will also key into the program

This is the first major change to come. We all know that apart from having abundant gas resources, I think number eight in the world in gas reserves, gas is a cheaper means of transportation and cheaper means of energy.

Read Also: Atiku makes first public appearance after Supreme Court judgement
“I remember former President Obasanjo established the Olokola Free Trade Zone because he wanted that zone to be powered by gas solely. So, as we transit forward, I encourage the private sector to invest in this gas programme.

“I commend the President as well because this programme, aside from kicking off at the Government House, our universities will be the first beneficiaries of the buses and all state governments will also key into this.

“Also, from my state, we’re going to invest massively and encourage our businessmen to invest massively in this transition. I can only praise Mr President that it our dreams are being fulfilled step by step.” The Chairman NGF added.

Project Director of the Presidential CNG Initiative, Engr. Micheal Oluwagbemi disclosed that State governments have already indicated investment interest in the CNG Buses, he mentioned that the Rivers State Government have already acquired a good number to ease the transportation challenges of the state.

Speaking on the Cost of Conversion, Oluwagbemi revealed that the current cost of conversion varies from the model and type of vehicle, he added that the President has ensured that as part of P-CNGi, the committee will incentivize the cost for the Nigerian populace.

The Project coordinator assured that Nigerians will be able to achieve conversion at a lower cost.

“Nigeria is a gas country with a very small quantity of crude oil, The President wants to make sure that the Nigerian public is not subjected to the price of transportation occasioned by international conflagration rather than being able to use the gas that Nigeria produces by Nigerian people such that jobs are also created at home instead of exported abroad.

“The current cost of conversion varies from the model and type of vehicle but the President has ensured that as part of PCNGI, we will look into that cost by helping and incentivizing Nigerians,” Oluwagbemi added.

He disclosed that immediately, the Federal government ordered 55000 conversion kits as part of the immediate palliative.

“Various stakeholders, such as the Labour unions, and mass transit bus operators. Either state or private will be able to benefit from those conversion kits

Receiving the CNG Buses on behalf of the State House, the Permanent Secretary, State House, Engr. Olusesan Adebiyi said that the provision of the buses will enhance the efficiency of staff and enhance their punctuality at work

He assured the P-CNGI and partners that all operational buses of the State House will be converted to gas-powered vehicles.

“For the P-CNGi, I want to assure you to prepare for us because henceforth, all the staff buses we’ll have to buy from you and I can assure you we’ll soon set out to consult you and enter negotiations with you for not just purchase, but also maintenance.

The State House has some fuel dumps and I want to assure you right away that one of our fuel dumps will be converted to CNG with immediate effect, to guarantee frequent fueling of these I’ve discussed with you as well on the issue of maintenance.

“I want to also assure you that we will agree with you because one, this is new in Nigeria, and the spares are not readily available, so why not meet the manufacturers? The fact that these buses were assembled in Nigeria, it’s all Nigeria-made, is one thing that I will not forget in a hurry because as an engineer, I’ve been praying for this to happen and now it’s happening in my lifetime.

“The provision of this bus will enhance the efficiency of our staff, will enhance their punctuality to work and will also enhance speedy delivery of service in the entire State House. Staff listen to me, you know that I don’t come late, so now you don’t have reason to come late, since buses are available to take you to work.

Managing Director of OMAA Motors, managing partner of PCNGI, Chinedu Oguegbu lauded the patronage of made-in-Nigeria vehicles by the federal government saying that it is a way of deepening industrialization

Oguegbu stressed that the deployment of the CNG buses to ease transportation challenges in Nigeria will go beyond the natural gas value chain, he added that it will create thousands of jobs for the youths.

“This is going to go beyond the natural gas value-chain, this is going to create thousands of jobs for the youths and not just like basic tech, what we’re talking about natural gas vehicles, as we progress in Nigeria and after coming up, the technology that we’ll develop here, the talents that we’ll build here, we’ll be able to use this and export to other African countries that have similar initiatives.

The Chief Of Staff to the President, Femi Gbajibiamila officially flagged off the initiative.

https://thenationonlineng.net/fg-launches-cng-initiative-with-seven-conversion-centres/

19 Likes 5 Shares

Re: FG Launches CNG Initiative With Seven Conversion Centres by Versifier20: 8:10pm On Oct 27, 2023
tongue

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FG Launches CNG Initiative With Seven Conversion Centres by Urheadmaster(m): 8:13pm On Oct 27, 2023
Kudos

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Launches CNG Initiative With Seven Conversion Centres by LeoDeKing: 8:17pm On Oct 27, 2023
Headless Mobs, e don happen again.

Come and wail your miserable lives to death.

That is the role assigned to you for the next 8 years. We Nigerians will renew this wonderful role in 2031. grin

58 Likes 7 Shares

Re: FG Launches CNG Initiative With Seven Conversion Centres by Chimarto: 8:17pm On Oct 27, 2023
What about some of that enters Okada?
Re: FG Launches CNG Initiative With Seven Conversion Centres by EyeCumInPiss: 8:32pm On Oct 27, 2023
In this country, I only applaud Results, and not Initiatives.

30 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FG Launches CNG Initiative With Seven Conversion Centres by FreeStuffsNG: 8:33pm On Oct 27, 2023
dre11:

https://thenationonlineng.net/fg-launches-cng-initiative-with-seven-conversion-centres/

Nlfpmod
Awesome!! God bless Nigeria for ever!Check my signature for free stuffs!

52 Likes

Re: FG Launches CNG Initiative With Seven Conversion Centres by NuCypher: 8:42pm On Oct 27, 2023
Another malinformed project
Re: FG Launches CNG Initiative With Seven Conversion Centres by KingOfAmebo(m): 8:42pm On Oct 27, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:

Awesome!!

dre11:

LeoDeKing:

That is the role assigned to you for the next 8 years. We Nigerians will renew this wonderful role in 2031. grin

The Supreme Dunce have given you victory over the stolen mandate yet weeping is stjll in your household.

What is there to be happy about when the evil government you are supporting broke records of the highest inflation rate, highest dollar exchange rate and highest fuel price in Nigeria's history?

I true patriot will sober in this trying times in our history, only enemies of Nigeria like you agbadorians will be happy celebrating the hardship on Nigerians by the evil APC government.

Your government have successfully broken all unwanted records in the history of this once a great nation.

53 Likes 5 Shares

Re: FG Launches CNG Initiative With Seven Conversion Centres by Skillsnigeria: 8:43pm On Oct 27, 2023
Hmmm
Re: FG Launches CNG Initiative With Seven Conversion Centres by Johnrake69: 8:43pm On Oct 27, 2023
With the continuous rise in price of gas? Lol.

I rather use that money for conversion take eat nkwobi

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FG Launches CNG Initiative With Seven Conversion Centres by KingOfAmebo(m): 8:43pm On Oct 27, 2023
LeoDeKing:

1 Like

Re: FG Launches CNG Initiative With Seven Conversion Centres by vanitybutiwanti: 8:44pm On Oct 27, 2023
Implement your reforms quickly people are suffering, time for politics is over, try to instill a sense of urgency in your appointees

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: FG Launches CNG Initiative With Seven Conversion Centres by Agricmoney(m): 8:44pm On Oct 27, 2023
wow cool

Anyway, Agriculture is life.

2 Likes

Re: FG Launches CNG Initiative With Seven Conversion Centres by b0rn2fuck(m): 8:44pm On Oct 27, 2023
Them brings pain easily and struggling to bring solution same time. Na una go bring pains 99 % and 10 % solution. angry APC na evil

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Launches CNG Initiative With Seven Conversion Centres by morikee: 8:44pm On Oct 27, 2023
Lol Dollar hoarders how market?

2 Likes

Re: FG Launches CNG Initiative With Seven Conversion Centres by AmigoDeDon(m): 8:45pm On Oct 27, 2023
At the right time

1 Like

Re: FG Launches CNG Initiative With Seven Conversion Centres by Blackdisciple(m): 8:45pm On Oct 27, 2023
See his face mark
Re: FG Launches CNG Initiative With Seven Conversion Centres by Haveyoueatentod: 8:45pm On Oct 27, 2023
What happens when gas prices goes up shebi dem go start to use kerosene come build kerosene conversion centres grin grin

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Launches CNG Initiative With Seven Conversion Centres by ClearFlair: 8:47pm On Oct 27, 2023
🚶‍♂️🚶‍♂️🚶‍♂️
Re: FG Launches CNG Initiative With Seven Conversion Centres by princetom1(m): 8:48pm On Oct 27, 2023
Haveyoueatentod:
What happens when gas prices goes up shebi dem go start to use kerosene come build kerosene conversion centres grin grin

Kerosene wey don cost? Maybe dem go use water sha 😂

3 Likes

Re: FG Launches CNG Initiative With Seven Conversion Centres by adesegun121(m): 8:50pm On Oct 27, 2023
Woow
Re: FG Launches CNG Initiative With Seven Conversion Centres by RecessionistPMB: 8:50pm On Oct 27, 2023
Tor.
Re: FG Launches CNG Initiative With Seven Conversion Centres by Kionrae: 8:50pm On Oct 27, 2023
LeoDeKing:

the miserable ones are those yoruba youths and women and hustling for paliatives in the sad west of Ibadan
SUFFERING AND SMILING BST!!

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FG Launches CNG Initiative With Seven Conversion Centres by Meti99(m): 8:51pm On Oct 27, 2023
You waive VAT for now..
Uncle tunibu will soon add it back to increase the IGR
Re: FG Launches CNG Initiative With Seven Conversion Centres by Nobody: 8:51pm On Oct 27, 2023
Toooor

Nah why gas price dun rise like diiiiiiicccckk

porthouse7:
Compressed is not liquified, try dey read newspapers, see people we are dealing with on nairaland

Thanks for the education,but these speculations of gas usage in cars and mostly generators is the reason there's a high rise in the price of cooking gas. Next time , try dae dissect comments with present economic fundamentals before rushing to give response.

2 Likes

Re: FG Launches CNG Initiative With Seven Conversion Centres by DiskJokeyManic: 8:51pm On Oct 27, 2023
Johnrake69:

Good evening Sir..... Sir cn u help wit anytin to eat dis night... it has been easy fr me.. I will so much appreciate sir....

Opay
Kingsley

ThankS u so much ND God Bless🙏🙏🙏🙏
Re: FG Launches CNG Initiative With Seven Conversion Centres by Siberia01(m): 8:51pm On Oct 27, 2023
grin
Re: FG Launches CNG Initiative With Seven Conversion Centres by tunjijones(m): 8:52pm On Oct 27, 2023
How safe are those CNG powered vehicles?

Which other country uses CNG vehicles?
Re: FG Launches CNG Initiative With Seven Conversion Centres by BrickDevo: 8:52pm On Oct 27, 2023
Fg?
Re: FG Launches CNG Initiative With Seven Conversion Centres by LoveJesus87(m): 8:52pm On Oct 27, 2023
Johnrake69:

read nw

CNG not LNG

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Fayose Didn’t Speak For Us On Jega – PDP / Senate Presidency: Why I Stepped Down For Lawan – Goje / Amotekun: Akeredolu Says Recruitment Forms Will Be Ready Next Week

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.