Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,444 members, 7,812,336 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:56 AM

Iyalode Of Yorubaland Alaba Lawson Is Dead - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Iyalode Of Yorubaland Alaba Lawson Is Dead (29304 Views)

Alaba Lawson Was Respresentation Of Grace And Strenght - Bukola Olopade / #LekkiShooting: Our Hospital Was Overwhelmed On First Night – Babajide Lawson / Fix Nigeria’s Porous Border - Alaba Lawson Tells FG (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Iyalode Of Yorubaland Alaba Lawson Is Dead by lagostrendboy: 1:35pm On Oct 28, 2023
A former National President of the Nigerian Association of Chambers of Commerce, Industry, Mines, and Agriculture and the Iyalode of Yorubaland, Chief Alaba Lawson, is dead.

The prominent educationist and founder of the popular Alaba Lawson Group of Schools, Abeokuta died in the early hours of Saturday.

The news of her demise was contained in a statement signed by the Executive Secretary of Abeokuta Chambers of Commerce, Industry Mines and Agriculture AbdulRahman Maku.

The statement made available to journalists on Saturday morning partly read, We regret to announce the demise of NACCIMA past President and ABEOCCIMA Matron and Chairman, Board of Trustees, Iyalode Alaba Lawson, MFR, JP (Iyalode of Yorubaland) which occurred in the early hours of today, Saturday 28th of October, 2023. Burial arrangement to be announced later by the family. May God Almighty grant repose to the soul of Iyalode”.

Lawson was born on January 18, 1951, and was a Nigerian business magnate, entrepreneur, academician and champion of women’s upliftment and empowerment.

She was until her death the Iyalode of Egbaland and Chairman of Chairman Board of Trustees of ABEOCCIMA.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/punchng.com/iyalode-of-yorubaland-alaba-lawson-is-dead/%3famp

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Iyalode Of Yorubaland Alaba Lawson Is Dead by pafestula(m): 1:39pm On Oct 28, 2023
Okay.

May her soul RIP.

Next news please.

10 Likes

Re: Iyalode Of Yorubaland Alaba Lawson Is Dead by Crafteck1: 1:52pm On Oct 28, 2023
M

3 Likes

Re: Iyalode Of Yorubaland Alaba Lawson Is Dead by moscobabs(m): 1:52pm On Oct 28, 2023
RIP ma

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Iyalode Of Yorubaland Alaba Lawson Is Dead by Bar1941(m): 1:53pm On Oct 28, 2023
May her soul rest in peace

Very religious and good woman. I met her once when I was looking for work after graduation many years back. Though I couldn't get any through her but till today, I'm still appreciative of the little attention she gave me.

We all need to pay a little attention to people around us that need such attentions. We never can imagine how long our good or bad attitudes can be remembered in their lives.

42 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Iyalode Of Yorubaland Alaba Lawson Is Dead by nairalanda1(m): 1:53pm On Oct 28, 2023
Death will soon visit us all one after the other.

God comfort her family.

34 Likes 1 Share

Re: Iyalode Of Yorubaland Alaba Lawson Is Dead by ednut1(m): 1:53pm On Oct 28, 2023
Egbaland or yorubaland There was never one yoruba land. We had empires and kingdoms. There is no such thing as iyalode of yorubaland.

45 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Iyalode Of Yorubaland Alaba Lawson Is Dead by MrOkenwa(m): 1:53pm On Oct 28, 2023
She worked relentlessly to build and sustain Lawson schools.
May her soul rest in peace.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Iyalode Of Yorubaland Alaba Lawson Is Dead by LibertyRep: 1:53pm On Oct 28, 2023
Egba is mourning.

This earthly sojourn is indeed but a stage.

You act your own scene and leave the stage.

The Jibokus have again lost yet another educationist.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Iyalode Of Yorubaland Alaba Lawson Is Dead by eepeepook: 1:54pm On Oct 28, 2023
I wish him a speedy recovery.
Re: Iyalode Of Yorubaland Alaba Lawson Is Dead by ecolime(m): 1:54pm On Oct 28, 2023
Death is a debt every human will surely pay one day. Lets live right.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Iyalode Of Yorubaland Alaba Lawson Is Dead by FreeStuffsNG: 1:55pm On Oct 28, 2023
lagostrendboy:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/punchng.com/iyalode-of-yorubaland-alaba-lawson-is-dead/%3famp
Great woman! Adieu ma. Egbaland, Yorubaland, Nigeria and Africa as a whole will miss you ma.

Her impactful life is a lesson the living can draw inspiration from. Thank you for the many lives you touched and blessed. Check my signature for free stuffs!

39 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Iyalode Of Yorubaland Alaba Lawson Is Dead by Chetas81(m): 1:55pm On Oct 28, 2023
TITLES IS ANOTHER ENEMIES OF NIGERIA, OYINBO JUST LEAVE US BEHIND JUST BECAUSE OF OUR MENTALITY
Re: Iyalode Of Yorubaland Alaba Lawson Is Dead by MikeMicheal(m): 1:56pm On Oct 28, 2023
ok
Re: Iyalode Of Yorubaland Alaba Lawson Is Dead by BlackhatMentor: 1:56pm On Oct 28, 2023
WAS she planning on living forever 😼
Re: Iyalode Of Yorubaland Alaba Lawson Is Dead by wittywriter: 1:56pm On Oct 28, 2023
This should be a celebration of life spent.

Wittyness.

1 Like

Re: Iyalode Of Yorubaland Alaba Lawson Is Dead by ipobcannibals: 1:57pm On Oct 28, 2023
May she rest in peace! Sad loss

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Iyalode Of Yorubaland Alaba Lawson Is Dead by Beremx(f): 1:58pm On Oct 28, 2023
Rest in peace ma.

I think Fela's mum held the title during her lifetime

4 Likes

Re: Iyalode Of Yorubaland Alaba Lawson Is Dead by chima47(m): 1:58pm On Oct 28, 2023
BoboNogoDie:
Pigs will still have something to say...
RIP iyalode
Must you always introduce yourself? We already know.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Iyalode Of Yorubaland Alaba Lawson Is Dead by Roozzaay(m): 1:59pm On Oct 28, 2023
eepeepook:
Change your plug

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Iyalode Of Yorubaland Alaba Lawson Is Dead by Militant1: 1:59pm On Oct 28, 2023
Sad
Re: Iyalode Of Yorubaland Alaba Lawson Is Dead by obembet(f): 2:00pm On Oct 28, 2023
eepeepook:

So that she can visit you abi

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Iyalode Of Yorubaland Alaba Lawson Is Dead by Guyman01: 2:00pm On Oct 28, 2023
Expect Tinubu to bestow this title on his daughter soon, this I have seen like Nairaland false Prophet

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Iyalode Of Yorubaland Alaba Lawson Is Dead by tete7000(m): 2:01pm On Oct 28, 2023
May her soul rest in peace

1 Like

Re: Iyalode Of Yorubaland Alaba Lawson Is Dead by Samunique(m): 2:03pm On Oct 28, 2023
Chetas81:
TITLES IS ANOTHER ENEMIES OF NIGERIA, OYINBO JUST LEAVE US BEHIND JUST BECAUSE OF OUR MENTALITY
You don dey complain again

Who swear for una nah, I no understand?

Must you complain and compare Oyinbo with us ?

They swear for unah ?

Why not type rip and move on

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Iyalode Of Yorubaland Alaba Lawson Is Dead by Guyman01: 2:03pm On Oct 28, 2023
BoboNogoDie:
RIP iyalode
You have become a societal nuisance on this platform

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Iyalode Of Yorubaland Alaba Lawson Is Dead by VEHINTOLAR: 2:05pm On Oct 28, 2023
May your soul rest in peace ma'am.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Iyalode Of Yorubaland Alaba Lawson Is Dead by Olaolex: 2:05pm On Oct 28, 2023
BoboNogoDie:
RIP iyalode
Only a buffoon is capable of thinking this way.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Iyalode Of Yorubaland Alaba Lawson Is Dead by Wizpa(m): 2:06pm On Oct 28, 2023

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nigerians React To Amnesty Int'l Call On Ihierjirika, Minima, Badeh & Others / Nigeria Is Not A Poor Country, We Are Not Offering More Financial Support - EU / First Building On Eko Atlantic City Ready In 24 Months

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.