Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,120 members, 7,818,360 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:29 PM

Wizkid’s Unexpected Music Break: Implications, Winners, Losers - Music/Radio (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Wizkid’s Unexpected Music Break: Implications, Winners, Losers (22879 Views)

Headies Award 2018 Winners Full List / Next Rated Award Winners At The Headies Since 2006 / Davido Wins Song Of The Year & Video Of The Year At AFRIMMA 2017 | Full Winners (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Wizkid’s Unexpected Music Break: Implications, Winners, Losers by MS2471: 4:25pm On Nov 06, 2023
Wizkid music catalogue is world wide

1 Like

Re: Wizkid’s Unexpected Music Break: Implications, Winners, Losers by funmilade4real(m): 4:25pm On Nov 06, 2023
Wizzy

1 Like

Re: Wizkid’s Unexpected Music Break: Implications, Winners, Losers by Reelmii: 4:25pm On Nov 06, 2023
Ok
Re: Wizkid’s Unexpected Music Break: Implications, Winners, Losers by Britishpea: 4:26pm On Nov 06, 2023
And the writer takes his word seriously? Wow!

1 Like

Re: Wizkid’s Unexpected Music Break: Implications, Winners, Losers by Juniorangel(m): 4:28pm On Nov 06, 2023
He should learn from PSquare anytime he decides to come back we would have moved... As a fan and once a dj I made a lot of money from wizkids music back then in school.

1 Like

Re: Wizkid’s Unexpected Music Break: Implications, Winners, Losers by UrMomsBabyBoy: 4:29pm On Nov 06, 2023
If he steps away, by the time he returns he might be irrelevant. Nigerian music industry moves very fast, fans forget artistes easily and the rate of new entrants into the game is alarming. Plus Davido and Burna are not smiling either. It’s a vicious industry. I hope wizzy knows what he’s doing.

1 Like

Re: Wizkid’s Unexpected Music Break: Implications, Winners, Losers by PepeXKermit: 4:31pm On Nov 06, 2023
Flame333:
Loved his early days more than the now..

I appreciate the move because the break gonna give him enough time to bounce back better but j just hope you don't end like PSQUARE..

GOD bless all WizkidFC out there

Until psquare release another album, i wont write then off. Those guys sabi sing music wey dey trend oo.

2 Likes

Re: Wizkid’s Unexpected Music Break: Implications, Winners, Losers by UrMomsBabyBoy: 4:31pm On Nov 06, 2023
Juniorangel:
He should learn from PSquare anytime he decides to come back we would have moved... As a fan and once a dj I made a lot of money from wizkids music back then in school.

Exactly. That’s what I’m trying to say in my post above. Artistes who “take break” in Nigerian industry usually don’t return to the top. By the time he comes back his fans would have joined a new “FC” and moved on.

1 Like

Re: Wizkid’s Unexpected Music Break: Implications, Winners, Losers by peterpiiro(m): 4:33pm On Nov 06, 2023
Let the weary rest
Re: Wizkid’s Unexpected Music Break: Implications, Winners, Losers by MatthiasChin: 4:34pm On Nov 06, 2023
aliyuthayo:
Break

Charlie you for bomb oh
Re: Wizkid’s Unexpected Music Break: Implications, Winners, Losers by Blitzking: 4:35pm On Nov 06, 2023
Hope he has made sound investment decisions..nobody is indispensable.

2 Likes

Re: Wizkid’s Unexpected Music Break: Implications, Winners, Losers by Allisgud: 4:35pm On Nov 06, 2023
Rema will jump into that space,he no easy to dey jump about from place to place
Re: Wizkid’s Unexpected Music Break: Implications, Winners, Losers by SoNature(m): 4:41pm On Nov 06, 2023
He should start buying lyrics from people and start singing if he wants to remain relevant.

The WizKid of those days and WizKid of today are clearly not the same. WizKid has run out of ideas.

4 Likes

Re: Wizkid’s Unexpected Music Break: Implications, Winners, Losers by Eriokanmi: 4:42pm On Nov 06, 2023
finallybusy:
I’m happy I won’t hear his noise for three years. He’ll be back earlier than he expected. Retirement dey sweet for mouth until eight months pass and life go dey meaningless. If he knows what’s good, he should bow out on his terms and not stay long enough to be considered a has-been.
Whizzy isn't reckless in spending, hope you know. Suffice it to also say he's made good money with almost all his overseas shows sold out each time. You'd not hear that he bought a private jet or lived flamboyantly. He runs his own race without copying anyone.

If he maintains his cool lifestyle, his wealth wouldn't decrease. You don't even know what he's doing with his wealth right now in terms of investment.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wizkid’s Unexpected Music Break: Implications, Winners, Losers by CuteNbad(m): 4:42pm On Nov 06, 2023
KnowledgePower7:
From the very first day I saw this Nigga
2009 in Igbenedion university. Banky was to perform in Auditorium that night.
Everybody came to see Banky shocked

Naso we see one lanky lepa boy wey dey follow Banky for back like Mumu grin grin
Come dey do hypeman for Banky

Lo and behold that Lepashious skinny nigga is now running the world shocked
Wizkid you have really paid your dues
To be a Top Nigerian Artist for a Decade
Is something that deserves Balloon Dior

I wish I had a time machine, I will go back to 2009 that night and famz and hail the unknown wizkid. Atlesst give am my number cry

hmm Life
Re: Wizkid’s Unexpected Music Break: Implications, Winners, Losers by chiiraq802(m): 4:48pm On Nov 06, 2023
She tell say She tell say Baby tell say She tell me say.
#No content.
Re: Wizkid’s Unexpected Music Break: Implications, Winners, Losers by Navalsadiq(m): 4:49pm On Nov 06, 2023
Look out for prolific verb.he is the next artist that has come to take over and break the monopoly in the music industry
Re: Wizkid’s Unexpected Music Break: Implications, Winners, Losers by Streetmovement(m): 4:51pm On Nov 06, 2023
Wotoporiously cool speaking

Everybody dey complain about Wizzy decision to take a break, don't know why, even drake sef say he go take one year break from music, a lot of artist did it and they're all doing fine financially, but mumu people wey nor Sabi anything about music go think say baba go lose money because he nor wan sing again for now....

I nor dey like argument Sha, his career his decision so deal with it

3 Likes

Re: Wizkid’s Unexpected Music Break: Implications, Winners, Losers by Timagex(m): 4:52pm On Nov 06, 2023
Flame333:
Loved his early days more than the now..

I appreciate the move because the break gonna give him enough time to bounce back better but j just hope you don't end like PSQUARE..

GOD bless all WizkidFC out there

Psquare's situation was a village people own. When everybody was begging them to reconcile, they didn't listen. When they now figured out nobody is looking their way again, they reconciled and released one watery single. They have become upcoming since then...

6 Likes

Re: Wizkid’s Unexpected Music Break: Implications, Winners, Losers by ednut1(m): 4:59pm On Nov 06, 2023
His music was no longer popping or hits. Smart thing to do. People like Dbanj should have done same now he sounds like portable signees 🤣

1 Like

Re: Wizkid’s Unexpected Music Break: Implications, Winners, Losers by kelmicheal: 5:03pm On Nov 06, 2023
Lyrics don finish oga

1 Like

Re: Wizkid’s Unexpected Music Break: Implications, Winners, Losers by Love800(m): 5:11pm On Nov 06, 2023
Game over for wizkid. Him time don expire.

Fireboy, rema, ruger, buju, bella shurmda, ckay, victony, shallipopi has taken over.

Even davido and burna don fade.

Gen-z has taken over
Re: Wizkid’s Unexpected Music Break: Implications, Winners, Losers by Yabsun(m): 5:15pm On Nov 06, 2023
ukaface:
Which one be ‘ you all are insane’ in his comments

He’s talking to his fans. Most of them are truly insane tongue
Re: Wizkid’s Unexpected Music Break: Implications, Winners, Losers by WantsandMore: 5:21pm On Nov 06, 2023
Iamdbull:
Dbull on this one!!!

Maybe this is my opportunity to take his place, who knows
less talk, more action. Let's Go.
Re: Wizkid’s Unexpected Music Break: Implications, Winners, Losers by Youngkaro45: 5:23pm On Nov 06, 2023
KnowledgePower7:
From the very first day I saw this Nigga

Naso we see one lanky lepa boy wey dey follow Banky for back like Mumu grin grin

I wish I had a time machine, I will go back to 2009 that night and famz and hail the unknown wizkid. Atlesst give am my number cry

Wizkid is lanky? grin

1 Like

Re: Wizkid’s Unexpected Music Break: Implications, Winners, Losers by MANNABBQGRILLS: 5:24pm On Nov 06, 2023
ukaface:
Which one be ‘ you all are insane’ in his comments

That is why it is good to know the beginning of a story before all these bloggers and busy body people start posting it around.
You are wise to ask that question,
Cos 'insane' is not normal in the context of that so call 'break' statement....

Let us tell you the beginning of this 4/5 years break, do not believe the news,
It's more of a reply to one of his fan,
Before all this hungry bloggers blew it out of proportion and carry am for head like gala.

This all started when a fan sent this to his inbox....

"Werey, u no go drop song again?!

And all those stuffs you read up there was Wizkid's response to him,
He was only replying back,
And that was why he used the word "insane" to the person that called him werey!

That's just it.
He's going nowhere!

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Wizkid’s Unexpected Music Break: Implications, Winners, Losers by Isupaefugbemi00(m): 5:24pm On Nov 06, 2023
quote author=KnowledgePower7 post=126824535]From the very first day I saw this Nigga

[/quote] its not too late
Re: Wizkid’s Unexpected Music Break: Implications, Winners, Losers by jojothaiv(m): 5:26pm On Nov 06, 2023
Iamdbull:
Dbull on this one!!!

Maybe this is my opportunity to take his place, who knows
Who knows?

A million dollar question. You have my best wishes.

2 Likes

Re: Wizkid’s Unexpected Music Break: Implications, Winners, Losers by wallarwallar(m): 5:27pm On Nov 06, 2023
Even be4 d break e don dey break 4 sometime no more hit song from him 4 sometime now. Dis break na 2 save face l jst hope he can bounce back. Make hin sha try invest ooo in case if u know u know

1 Like

Re: Wizkid’s Unexpected Music Break: Implications, Winners, Losers by Menclothing: 5:29pm On Nov 06, 2023
Someone that will release hit this December dey play

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Fans Criticize Olamide's "Science Student" Video / 2pac Or Eminem / I Need This Song Lyrics The Name Of Jesus 1990s

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.