Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,507 members, 7,826,916 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 10:56 PM

I Am Extremely Shy - SAD - Can I Succeed Like This - Career (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / I Am Extremely Shy - SAD - Can I Succeed Like This (20225 Views)

The Sad Lives Of Freelancers In Nigeria / How To Overcome Failure And Succeed Like A Boss ( In 50 Seconds) / 8 Kinds Of People Every Talented Person Need In Order To Succeed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Am Extremely Shy - SAD - Can I Succeed Like This by Brownbetsport24: 10:01pm On Nov 06, 2023
mohammedmuz:
You re ok dear, & i can affirm theres nothing wrong with you. Often. You may be easily pissed off among crowd that doesnt mean u re not normal & affirm u wont be successful. Infact, there're more successful quiet pple than d sparky ones, just that they dont generate attention. The loud takes high world's overall population ratio, reason why they expect everybody to be like them. You can only be influenced but unchangeable.
There re many factors that contributes to personality majorly; hereditary, upbringing, enviroment, experience, work nature & lots more. You know urself than anyone, choose carreer(s) that match ur personality & see urself succeed.
how I wish I can like ur comment in million times, well I don give the boy one crazy advice there,make he follow it,his life will never be the same again, sebi he won talk to crowd ni.

2 Likes

Re: I Am Extremely Shy - SAD - Can I Succeed Like This by WeShallSee: 10:33pm On Nov 06, 2023
whitejs:

I'm not a teen
what's your age
Re: I Am Extremely Shy - SAD - Can I Succeed Like This by U09ce: 10:46pm On Nov 06, 2023
justmi1:
This is me, I have been battling depression because of this. I'm 34, I dread speaking in the public. I have attended public speaking classes to no avail ( I stopped going when it was getting practical). I avoided speaking in class till I graduated. I have never had a girlfriend that I toasted myself. I used to be a chronic mastubator, I'm trying to overcome that. Many times I wish I could end it all. I feel worhless, I'm always alone, being amongst people scare me. I always feel awkward and ashamed. The irony of it all is I do my own business and It's going well. I don't have friends. It's difficult to make friends with me as I always appear to be frowning. I know one day I would have the courage to end it all.
Tackle masturbation first. It's a confidence killer. Join the Nairaland no fap community, I read they are breaking records on that

3 Likes

Re: I Am Extremely Shy - SAD - Can I Succeed Like This by U09ce: 10:47pm On Nov 06, 2023
whitejs:
What should I do to break out?

I can't give a speech in public.

I blank out at times when trying to express myself.

Also rapid heartbeat...

I feel more relaxed when alone.

For public speaking,practice makes perfect. I'll urge to join toastmasters club around you. You'll be tranformed if you put in the dedication

1 Like

Re: I Am Extremely Shy - SAD - Can I Succeed Like This by grandstar(m): 11:02pm On Nov 06, 2023
whitejs:

Also rapid heartbeat...

Is your shyness worse with the opposite sex? Or is only with the opposite sex.

There are shy people who are only that way with the opposite sex. With the same sex, they are very confident.

1 Like

Re: I Am Extremely Shy - SAD - Can I Succeed Like This by aminafi: 11:18pm On Nov 06, 2023
parkervero:

Get a teaching job. You will catch up from there. Your students or pupils will at the beginning intimidate you and if you are really to learn as you grow up you will need to as adjust yourself to certain situation.

The teaching job must be in one of the grade A or B private school.

Project Management is another best option

https:///E7HeDXPhAZOKYJuYMznUIp

Click here to join PMP training for free

1 Like

Re: I Am Extremely Shy - SAD - Can I Succeed Like This by Freelancerr(m): 11:24pm On Nov 06, 2023
ManyThanks:
Are you around Abuja? I need a data entry teacher.
I'm in Lagos boss.
Re: I Am Extremely Shy - SAD - Can I Succeed Like This by Pandew: 1:29am On Nov 07, 2023
I was in this shoe, even when I had low self esteem then, I always want to say or contribute something in a public discussion and it really helped...

I cannot easily forget how I made my friend to hide his face in shame during our three weeks in NYSC camp then as I couldn't complete my manifesto speech in a group of Corp members.... That same year, I broke loose from it with the help of (NCCF) who gave chance to speak and express myself in public functions....

I can still remember when I attended one of the biggest Redeem Church during my service year and after the sunday school session, one of the usher came and carried my Bible; he was taking it to the ministers sit and I told him sir I am not a minister and that I was comfortable where I was sitting. He replied, the Pastor asked me to bring your things up here as you will be one of our ministers today... Ewooohhh, my heart sink immediately. I tried all my tricks to convince the pastor that I wasn't ready but it didn't bear fruit. He said I will do it and I had to gather myself together and I actually did it... It felt good standing in front of a huge crowd and that changed me totally..

Today, I am a different person..

Many a times, we're afraid coz we don't want to make mistakes and become an object of ridicule. But when you realized that mistakes are part of the learning process, then achieving your goals becomes easy..

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Am Extremely Shy - SAD - Can I Succeed Like This by toon64545: 3:02am On Nov 07, 2023
BOSSkesh:
It’s called ADHD

Not ADHD but Social Anxiety Disorder(SAD).

1 Like

Re: I Am Extremely Shy - SAD - Can I Succeed Like This by Oshiogwemoh(m): 6:21am On Nov 07, 2023
whitejs:

Also rapid heartbeat...

You will never walk alone

2 Likes

Re: I Am Extremely Shy - SAD - Can I Succeed Like This by whitejs: 6:25am On Nov 07, 2023
grandstar:

Is your shyness worse with the opposite sex? Or is only with the opposite sex.

There are shy people who are only that way with the opposite sex. With the same sex, they are very confident.

Not really much on one-on-one interaction.
Some times I have more confidence, some times I don't.

Strangers > female > male

worst with crowd or group

E.g;

If people are already sitting in church, while going to the front row, I feel it, especially if I came alone. (very high)

When people are already sitting in a class, I feel it while entering the class. (high)

I feel it while walking on the street with people hanging around, or sitting in shops facing the road. ( <high)

I feel it with tenants - the ones I'm not close to.
(<<high)

On stage esp with crowd: (extra high)
Re: I Am Extremely Shy - SAD - Can I Succeed Like This by whitejs: 6:28am On Nov 07, 2023
Maxtipulation:

Are you a M or F ?

M
Re: I Am Extremely Shy - SAD - Can I Succeed Like This by IbrahimSkiba(f): 7:21am On Nov 07, 2023
whitejs:

Also rapid heartbeat...

We are alike.

1 Like

Re: I Am Extremely Shy - SAD - Can I Succeed Like This by BurntDodo: 7:40am On Nov 07, 2023
whitejs:

Also rapid heartbeat...

As an adult, my social anxiety came as a result of my voice sounding weird I think because people look at me weird when I speak.

It's been a struggle growing out of it and what's funny is as a kid I was very confident because then all kids sounded weird.

1 Like

Re: I Am Extremely Shy - SAD - Can I Succeed Like This by Maxtipulation(m): 8:33am On Nov 07, 2023
whitejs:

M

Which gender do you feel more shy around?

1 Like

Re: I Am Extremely Shy - SAD - Can I Succeed Like This by Dwightventures(m): 9:24am On Nov 07, 2023
I'm sure I'm much older than you. You're not the only one. It is not your fault but that of your parents, elders, school/education system in Nigeria.

If you're grown enough to be in the full life and working level, people you're far better than will seize upon that you say you're not good enough. This country is a mess because people don't know nothing but wield power to decide things. I can say much more because this has been an issue in my life, but let me leave it here

3 Likes

Re: I Am Extremely Shy - SAD - Can I Succeed Like This by Tohmey(m): 9:34am On Nov 07, 2023
AfroBeatDiary:
Start practice nudism in front of your mirror in private.

Also sing out loud in shower.

You will come out of it.
Ah! You say wetin?
Re: I Am Extremely Shy - SAD - Can I Succeed Like This by whitejs: 9:44am On Nov 07, 2023
Maxtipulation:

Which gender do you feel more shy around?

Crowd/group > Female > Male
Re: I Am Extremely Shy - SAD - Can I Succeed Like This by Daniel058(m): 10:29am On Nov 07, 2023
whitejs:

Also rapid heartbeat...

if you can learn digital skill and make money from home it will help. You are born that way . Don't put much pressure on yourself bro

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Am Extremely Shy - SAD - Can I Succeed Like This by DEWKID(m): 10:45am On Nov 07, 2023
Lex4life
Re: I Am Extremely Shy - SAD - Can I Succeed Like This by Stevedison(m): 11:05am On Nov 07, 2023
zeedof:
Is good you know your weakness, what left for you is to work on it... I am shy too but not very.... even I am not bold.. but when I summoned courage it's always work for me.. just now I summoned courage to attend an interview which I don't have the working experience and i got it immediately

Where Una dey see legit job updates? Help a brother please.
Re: I Am Extremely Shy - SAD - Can I Succeed Like This by ManyThanks: 11:27am On Nov 07, 2023
Freelancerr:
I'm in Lagos boss.
ok
Re: I Am Extremely Shy - SAD - Can I Succeed Like This by rhymesnoni(m): 1:09pm On Nov 07, 2023
I was in your shoe before i went for my Youths Service, I trough in a School even before i was mobilize for Camp. I am a Champ now. Also if you have a community Association or any gathering aspire for a leadership role like the Secretary thats another morale booster because you'd have no choice than to always talk and address people... You'd sure overcome.

2 Likes

Re: I Am Extremely Shy - SAD - Can I Succeed Like This by Maxtipulation(m): 1:55pm On Nov 07, 2023
whitejs:

Crowd/group > Female > Male

Omo your own strong o.

1 Like

Re: I Am Extremely Shy - SAD - Can I Succeed Like This by Winterhaven(m): 2:21pm On Nov 07, 2023
whitejs:

M
both of us are in same boat. i googled it (SAD) and found out it can be treated by mental health professionals. i intend getting treatment as soon as i can.

1 Like

Re: I Am Extremely Shy - SAD - Can I Succeed Like This by grandstar(m): 3:55pm On Nov 07, 2023
whitejs:

E.g;

If people are already sitting in church, while going to the front row, I feel it, especially if I came alone. (very high)

When people are already sitting in a class, I feel it while entering the class. (high)

I feel it while walking on the street with people hanging around, or sitting in shops facing the road. ( <high)

(<<high)

Have you conducted the searches on social anxiety and social phobia? Do they resonate with you?

1 Like

Re: I Am Extremely Shy - SAD - Can I Succeed Like This by whitejs: 5:48pm On Nov 07, 2023
grandstar:

Have you conducted the searches on social anxiety and social phobia? Do they resonate with you?

Yes
Re: I Am Extremely Shy - SAD - Can I Succeed Like This by grandstar(m): 6:14pm On Nov 07, 2023
whitejs:

E.g;

(<<high)

Read up "social anxiety" or "social phobia". I think they are basically the same thing

Extra. Read up "General Anxiety Disorder".
Extra extra: "Agoraphobia"

You might be suffering from mild forms.

One way to help is to engage in vigorous exercise. This boosts your mood and reduce your tendency to be self conscious

1 Like

Re: I Am Extremely Shy - SAD - Can I Succeed Like This by grandstar(m): 7:22pm On Nov 07, 2023
whitejs:

Yes

Did it resonate with you?
Re: I Am Extremely Shy - SAD - Can I Succeed Like This by whitejs: 7:37pm On Nov 07, 2023
grandstar:

Did it resonate with you?

Yes
Re: I Am Extremely Shy - SAD - Can I Succeed Like This by WeShallSee: 1:28am On Nov 08, 2023
whitejs:

Yes
how old r u

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Gombe Pensioner Returns Salary Mistakenly Paid Into His Account / An Elderly Woman Who Cleans A Lagos Federal Road Selflessly / 10 Reasons Why Everyone Needs A Bad Boss

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.