Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,813 members, 7,827,987 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 08:45 PM

I Am Extremely Shy - SAD - Can I Succeed Like This - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / I Am Extremely Shy - SAD - Can I Succeed Like This (20230 Views)

The Sad Lives Of Freelancers In Nigeria / How To Overcome Failure And Succeed Like A Boss ( In 50 Seconds) / 8 Kinds Of People Every Talented Person Need In Order To Succeed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Am Extremely Shy - SAD - Can I Succeed Like This by Lorayne(m): 4:23pm On Nov 06, 2023
It will be hard in a place like Nigeria.

I'm like you.

4 Likes

Re: I Am Extremely Shy - SAD - Can I Succeed Like This by Therock5555(m): 4:23pm On Nov 06, 2023
By the time you enter labour market, your mind go dey

Just dey play
Re: I Am Extremely Shy - SAD - Can I Succeed Like This by Landowner101(m): 4:25pm On Nov 06, 2023
Was suffering really badly from this, coupled with the fact that I am a stammerer, but Nysc helped me grow, cause I forced myself to serve in a government secondary school, facing atleast 240 students daily of about 6 different classes (40 per class), and also addressing them on the assembly ground. I also forced myself to present on behalf of my cds group. This build a little confidence in me and helped reduce the rate at which I stutter.

I'll advise you force yourself to partake in various social events, like joining the choir group in church, going for envagelism, joining a sports group e.t.c

8 Likes

Re: I Am Extremely Shy - SAD - Can I Succeed Like This by GboyegaD(m): 4:26pm On Nov 06, 2023
It is okay to be extremely shy however, you have to compensate by being very knowledgeable in what you do and able to contribute positively when/where necessary.

5 Likes

Re: I Am Extremely Shy - SAD - Can I Succeed Like This by Autobot05: 4:26pm On Nov 06, 2023
Following
I’ve been working and progressing with mine sha

2 Likes

Re: I Am Extremely Shy - SAD - Can I Succeed Like This by mistacoco2: 4:28pm On Nov 06, 2023
whitejs:
What should I do to break out?

I can't give a speech in public.

I blank out at times when trying to express myself.

Also rapid heartbeat...

I feel more relaxed when alone.

I am same position with you.. worst is, my job require we attend and speak to people. It’s a serious challenge for me..

2 Likes

Re: I Am Extremely Shy - SAD - Can I Succeed Like This by Fugazy2023: 4:30pm On Nov 06, 2023
whitejs:

Also rapid heartbeat...

This has affected my life drastically.

2 Likes

Re: I Am Extremely Shy - SAD - Can I Succeed Like This by finallybusy: 4:30pm On Nov 06, 2023
Once money involve, you go change by force.

3 Likes

Re: I Am Extremely Shy - SAD - Can I Succeed Like This by moneyissweet(m): 4:32pm On Nov 06, 2023
Introvert... I doubt if you your preek dey stand wen u want nack akpako.

whitejs:

Also rapid heartbeat...

1 Like

Re: I Am Extremely Shy - SAD - Can I Succeed Like This by Juniorangel(m): 4:32pm On Nov 06, 2023
Try talking Infront of a camera everyday for 30 mins it helps with your speech and talking to the public... Check your progress in 3 months time.

4 Likes

Re: I Am Extremely Shy - SAD - Can I Succeed Like This by Akano5(m): 4:33pm On Nov 06, 2023
Shy? in this Nigeria, i'm not afraid to look at anybody in the eye...
And it has helped me alot

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Am Extremely Shy - SAD - Can I Succeed Like This by SalamRushdie: 4:34pm On Nov 06, 2023
whitejs:

Also rapid heartbeat...

Your father's sudden poverty in you your childhood is what's causing it to..it's called anxiety ..

Your dad was mostly likely a govt worker

3 Likes

Re: I Am Extremely Shy - SAD - Can I Succeed Like This by TimiRume(f): 4:34pm On Nov 06, 2023
whitejs:

Also rapid heartbeat...

I was once like you. And still coming out. If you see me now you won't believe I was once very shy.

Let me just share my offer with you too.
Here;

Are you an introvert or extrovert that struggle with loneliness and sometimes depression?

I can be your online bestie all the way.

I'm available for chats, audio and video calls. Let's talk about you. Whats going on with you, how are your life plans going? I may not have all the answers but my shoulders are wide enough for your issues my friend.

Sometimes you just need a listening ear. And other times, just the right words.

How does this e-friendship thing work?

Its simply based on scheduling when we get to chat or talk. I'll create a time frame when you can chat or call me and vise versa. We can have long or short conversations depending on what you are comfortable with. I also do reminders. For example, you can inform me about an activity or item you plan to purchase at the mall or market. And I'll call you to remind you if want me to.

As for payment: My rates/week are not high and very negotiable.

If you think this is something you can try, you can chat me up via the link on my signature.

N/b: I'm not looking for a sexual partner. So sexual and lewd contents are off limits.

1 Like

Re: I Am Extremely Shy - SAD - Can I Succeed Like This by darealez(m): 4:35pm On Nov 06, 2023
whitejs:

Also rapid heartbeat...

If you're open to coaching, kindly let me know. Please note that I do not hold any certification in this field but have helped a handful of people get across.
Also, depending on how old you are, I might introduce a bill to trickle for my time and also send a sense of seriousness across.
Lastly, no questions. You'll get tasks, you will be shy, you will be scared but you must do it.

If not open to coaching, the simple rule is, you win by losing. Do what you can't do and you'll become a master at what you can't do. The first problem is not even you being shy, it's the fear of ostracism and rejection. This often happens to individuals who have big hearts and care about every single bird that flies over their head. The fear for criticism breaks you as well, and puts you out. You will keep blanking out so long you're afraid.

Don't want to fight it? It's fine. You'll make it but never to the top. The biggest successes come from what you've said in line with an available opportunity. Well, except you have "leg".

Finally, the human nature is often very difficult to break if you're not used to changing. If interested, signify below.

3 Likes

Re: I Am Extremely Shy - SAD - Can I Succeed Like This by Eberex(m): 4:37pm On Nov 06, 2023
Join a premier league club. Build your interest and do your research on the club. Go to lounges and joints, sit down and watch matches. Interact and chat.
When you start mixing and socializing, It will get easy

2 Likes

Re: I Am Extremely Shy - SAD - Can I Succeed Like This by TimiRume(f): 4:37pm On Nov 06, 2023
Fugazy2023:

This has affected my life drastically.
And you can't do much because it's there to hinder you.

I'm a paid E-friend, you can chat me up via my signature. I'm a friend to people who suffer from extreme anxiety
Re: I Am Extremely Shy - SAD - Can I Succeed Like This by ojun50(m): 4:38pm On Nov 06, 2023
Yes if hungry don beat you well well

1 Like

Re: I Am Extremely Shy - SAD - Can I Succeed Like This by Sapeleboy911(m): 4:43pm On Nov 06, 2023
It's a common trait for introverts. I once had the same challenge, mine got to the extent of pretending to go out when friends came to visit. Sometimes I even make fake phone calls just to avoid any discussions with friends. If I don't take a sip of alcohol I can't speak in public. Friends and family members helped me in fighting my shyness.

Most of my neighbors thought I was an occultist and a chronic mastubator because I barely go out, or flow with people.

3 Likes

Re: I Am Extremely Shy - SAD - Can I Succeed Like This by sheddyboy01(m): 4:45pm On Nov 06, 2023
You are completely okay.

The problem is not that you can't speak in public

The real stuff you need to work on is your self image;

Chances are that, you are a perfectionist

You are too serious on yourself,, life is too short, leave room for mistakes, take a time to laugh at yourself

You feel mistakes are bad, and you want to be as perfect as anything

Again you value people's opinion more than yours

Self-love is a struggle for you, work on it, true love is letting people including yourself and things be the way they are while acknowledging the fact that you are a work in progress

I would recommend the following book;

✓7 habits of highly effective people

✓The four agreements

✓Spiritual solutions to all problem by Wayne Dyer

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Am Extremely Shy - SAD - Can I Succeed Like This by AbujaLagos: 4:48pm On Nov 06, 2023
I was once in your shoe, but now am getting ride of it.

1 Like

Re: I Am Extremely Shy - SAD - Can I Succeed Like This by AntiMen: 4:49pm On Nov 06, 2023
TimiRume:
I was once like you. And still coming out. If you see me now you won't believe I was once very shy.

Let me just share my offer with you too.
Here;

Are you an introvert or extrovert that struggle with loneliness and sometimes depression?

I can be your online bestie all the way.

I'm available for chats, audio and video calls. Let's talk about you. Whats going on with you, how are your life plans going? I may not have all the answers but my shoulders are wide enough for your issues my friend.

Sometimes you just need a listening ear. And other times, just the right words.

How does this e-friendship thing work?

Its simply based on scheduling when we get to chat or talk. I'll create a time frame when you can chat or call me and vise versa. We can have long or short conversations depending on what you are comfortable with. I also do reminders. For example, you can inform me about an activity or item you plan to purchase at the mall or market. And I'll call you to remind you if want me to.

As for payment: My rates/week are not high and very negotiable.

If you think this is something you can try, you can chat me up via the link on my signature.

N/b: I'm not looking for a sexual partner. So sexual and lewd contents are off limits.

Hahahaha..

Friendship don get price now....

Wahala be like money for hand , back for ground.....🤣

3 Likes

Re: I Am Extremely Shy - SAD - Can I Succeed Like This by sylve11: 4:51pm On Nov 06, 2023
parkervero:

Get a teaching job. You will catch up from there. Your students or pupils will at the beginning intimidate you and if you are really to learn as you grow up you will need to as adjust yourself to certain situation.

The teaching job must be in one of the grade A or B private school.

100 likes. cool

1 Like

Re: I Am Extremely Shy - SAD - Can I Succeed Like This by Akharmony: 4:52pm On Nov 06, 2023
My simple advice is give yourself a task... Try to wakeup before 6am. Speak confidently to yourself, look into a mirror and tell yourself many good things you wish you could have done and that wch you intend to do. For a strt it will b difficult but with strong mind and not gving up you will get out of shyness.... Shyness is a stronghold dont give it any chance to live . . . NB: many thing will overtake you if you are the shy type. Learn to pray about it also, read scriptures daily. Honestly it works

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Am Extremely Shy - SAD - Can I Succeed Like This by GreatAchiever1: 4:53pm On Nov 06, 2023
I'm just like you, very shy when it comes to public speaking, I've never done that, but hoping to get rid of that anxiety one day, one step at a time.

2 Likes

Re: I Am Extremely Shy - SAD - Can I Succeed Like This by thegroomspa(m): 4:55pm On Nov 06, 2023
Hope you're not a chronic Masturbator... check yourself.

4 Likes

Re: I Am Extremely Shy - SAD - Can I Succeed Like This by Love800(m): 4:55pm On Nov 06, 2023
I wish i can be like you.

Express urself anyhow u can. As far u send the message.

Yes me i love my lonely time while i read updates online and plan my future.

Op, just make money. The real fact is while in the act of hustling and making money, na once u go wise.
whitejs:

Also rapid heartbeat...

3 Likes

Re: I Am Extremely Shy - SAD - Can I Succeed Like This by MrSoftlife(f): 4:58pm On Nov 06, 2023
whitejs:

Also rapid heartbeat...

Start trying to have a conversation with strangers every day to build your confidence.

3 Likes

Re: I Am Extremely Shy - SAD - Can I Succeed Like This by anointedlinks: 5:00pm On Nov 06, 2023
whitejs:

Also rapid heartbeat...

Join a fellowship group in your local church. It's a more forgiving environment to train coupled with divine breath that will blow on your interactions and effort

1 Like

Re: I Am Extremely Shy - SAD - Can I Succeed Like This by LIGHTROOM: 5:00pm On Nov 06, 2023
whitejs:

Also rapid heartbeat...

It could be fear. How old are you?
Do you have a girlfriend?
Are you a virgin?
Do you always have palpitations or only when you are in public?
Do you know what anxiety does to the body?
Have you ever have a thyroid gland text before.
Am asking all this question from experience

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Gombe Pensioner Returns Salary Mistakenly Paid Into His Account / An Elderly Woman Who Cleans A Lagos Federal Road Selflessly / 10 Reasons Why Everyone Needs A Bad Boss

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.