Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,849 members, 7,817,517 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:36 PM

7 Private Universities In Anambra And Their Owners - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 7 Private Universities In Anambra And Their Owners (3006 Views)

Why Many Nigerian Private Universities May Go Extinct In The Next Decade / FG Approves Six New Private Universities (names) / Civil Servants Sending Their Children To Private Universities Are Corrupt – ASUU (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

7 Private Universities In Anambra And Their Owners by AnambraPeople: 10:08am On Nov 08, 2023
Seven private universities exist in Anambra State, of which majority of them belongs to the mission. Below is the list of NUC-approved private universities in Anambra State.

Madonna University is a private Catholic institution located in Okija, Anambra State. It was established in 1999 by Fr. Emmanuel Edeh with the goal of providing holistic education to students. The university offers various undergraduate and postgraduate programs in fields such as Law, Engineering, Pharmacy, Management, and Health Sciences.

Paul University is owned by Anglican Com­munion, East of the Niger, comprising of fifty-five di­oceses in Onitsha, Calabar, Owerri, Enugu and others.
Paul University started as a primary school, then, to sec­ondary school to college of education, and now, a full-fledged university.
It was a college for training of teachers and catechists. Later in 2009, approval was given to the institution by the National Universities Commission (NUC) to estab­lish a university starting with the first degree.

Tansian University is a private institution located in Umunya, Anambra State. Established in 2007, the university was founded by the late Rev. Msgr. Prof. John Bosco Akam, a renowned Catholic priest and educationist and named after Rev. Fr Tansi ,a Catholic priest From Aguleri in Anambra State. Tansian University offers bachelor's degree programs in areas such as Natural and Applied Sciences, Social Sciences, Management, and Arts.

4. Legacy University, Okija Anambra State:

Legacy University established in 2016 was founded by Dr Leonard Nkameme. A private institution situated in Okija, Anambra State. The university aims to provide quality education that meets global standards. Legacy University offers undergraduate programs across various fields, including Natural and Applied Sciences, Arts and Humanities, and Social and Management Sciences.

5. Peter University, Achina-Onneh Anambra State:

Peter University, Achina/Onneh is a university  under the joint ownership of the Catholic Dioceses of Awka and Ekwulobia in Anambra.

.The university was established in 2020 and offers undergraduate programs in fields such as Business Administration, Computer Science, Political Science, and Economics.

6. University on the Niger, Umunya, Anambra state: The University on the Niger is a private institution situated in Umunya, Anambra State. The University is the brainchild of the Diocese on the Niger(Anglican Communion) . It has taken off with four faculties: Faculty of Medicine & Dentistry, Allied Health Sciences, Faculty of Sciences & Computing, and Faculty of Management & Social Sciences

7. Shanahan University Onitsha, Anambra State: Shanahan University is a private institution located inside Trans-Nkisi Area in Onitsha, Anambra State. The university is owned by the Catholic Archdiocese of Onitsha. It aims to offer quality education that fosters critical thinking
The University was named after Bishop Shanahan who was at the forefront of championing formal education in Igboland.
Bishop Shanahan died in Kenya and was buried there in the 40s but his remains were brought back to Onitsha in the 50s and reburied at the Cathedral.

https://anambrapeople.com.ng/7-private-universities-in-anambra-and-their-owners

2 Likes

Re: 7 Private Universities In Anambra And Their Owners by AnambraPeople: 10:09am On Nov 08, 2023
Legacy university

1 Like

Re: 7 Private Universities In Anambra And Their Owners by AnambraPeople: 10:09am On Nov 08, 2023
Others

1 Like

Re: 7 Private Universities In Anambra And Their Owners by benuejosh: 12:30pm On Nov 08, 2023
More like 7 private business centers in Anambra.
Re: 7 Private Universities In Anambra And Their Owners by GODPUNISHALABI: 1:22pm On Nov 08, 2023
benuejosh:
More like 7 private business centers in Anambra.
you this benue man ,I know you are tiv man I wonder when una go ever get sense,after gulping burukutu ,serving ur wives as kolanut when a visitor comes knocking,you then go to ur Farm and get macheted by fulani herdsmen,and you think that's an achievement??

10 Likes

Re: 7 Private Universities In Anambra And Their Owners by Omoawoke2(m): 2:16pm On Nov 08, 2023
So university dey Anambra and nobody knows they exist

University of Ibadan alone outranks all the entire universities in Southeast

1 Like

Re: 7 Private Universities In Anambra And Their Owners by PECON1(m): 4:05pm On Nov 08, 2023
Catholic, Anglican and Adventist churches have tried in providing holistic university education in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: 7 Private Universities In Anambra And Their Owners by Tunde835(m): 6:20pm On Nov 08, 2023
Omoawoke2:

UI outranks all universities in Nigeria

1 Like

Re: 7 Private Universities In Anambra And Their Owners by Couldntfigurean: 7:26pm On Nov 08, 2023
Omoawoke2:

But the same UI produced literates who believe that tinubu(a drug dealer and certificate forger) will better their lives
Then the school is as good as a used toilet paper

4 Likes

Re: 7 Private Universities In Anambra And Their Owners by Couldntfigurean: 7:27pm On Nov 08, 2023
Tunde835:
how
Have they added skull mining and human part logistics as a course there?

3 Likes

Re: 7 Private Universities In Anambra And Their Owners by Zenithh: 7:33pm On Nov 08, 2023
Sorry to say this..I be Anglican o but the worst educational mission schools that are being
mismanaged are from the Anglican churches. All they're after is money...infrastructure maybe decaying they're remain so adamant. Never u try out schools managed by d Anglicans...their schools are worse from primary to university. I don't know if its because of the marrying of wife they allow them to marry. They're bad managers. That Paul's university is rubbish..looks like a glorified secondary school. They have a fine school setting but they're misusing it. The last tym we went to southeast universitys for some assessment...I couldn't believe my eyes for that Paul's university

Rather take you take your kids to either a well known Catholic mission,deeper life schools,and some few serious Pentecostal owned schools like covenant,etc
Re: 7 Private Universities In Anambra And Their Owners by Chasito(m): 7:51pm On Nov 08, 2023
Omoawoke2:

una Don come again as usual with your tribalism, nonsense.
Re: 7 Private Universities In Anambra And Their Owners by Chasito(m): 7:53pm On Nov 08, 2023
Zenithh:
Sorry to say this..I be Anglican o but the worst educational mission schools that are being
mismanaged are from the Anglican churches. All they're after is money...infrastructure maybe decaying they're remain so adamant. Never u try out schools managed by d Anglicans...their schools are worse from primary to university. I don't know if its because of the marrying of wife they allow them to marry. They're bad managers. That Paul's university is rubbish..looks like a glorified secondary school. They have a fine school setting but they're misusing it. The last tym we went to southeast universitys for some assessment...I couldn't believe my eyes for that Paul's university

Rather take you take your kids to either a well known Catholic mission,deeper life schools,and some few serious Pentecostal owned schools like covenant,etc
I don't even like anything missionary secondary school, their weakness na him worst pass, (speaking from experience)
Re: 7 Private Universities In Anambra And Their Owners by Zenithh: 8:01pm On Nov 08, 2023
Chasito:
I don't even like anything missionary secondary school, their weakness na him worst pass, (speaking from experience)

I bet u Catholic schools are d best.
Layola Jesuit?
Re: 7 Private Universities In Anambra And Their Owners by Chasito(m): 8:03pm On Nov 08, 2023
Zenithh:

Layola Jesuit?
na one stupid school wey I attend for Awka, the school no just work.

1 Like

Re: 7 Private Universities In Anambra And Their Owners by Omoawoke2(m): 8:21pm On Nov 08, 2023
Tunde835:

Unilag still dey oo. grin
Re: 7 Private Universities In Anambra And Their Owners by 9jaBloke: 9:39pm On Nov 08, 2023
smiley

Madonna University Y2k lipsrsealed
Father Founder Father Chancellor
Very Rev. Fr. Dr. Prof. Emmanuel Edeh
Onukwube
Ugwoke
Franca
Duru
Aunt Philo
Chukwuma
Handsome Jerry
Papa Ejima
CSO
Admin Block
Hostel E
Pentagon
Black Street
Cafeteria
Uptown
Re: 7 Private Universities In Anambra And Their Owners by Tunde835(m): 10:18pm On Nov 08, 2023
Couldntfigurean:
how
Have they added skull mining and human part logistics as a course there?
Guy uniuersity of ibadan is highly ranked especially way ahead of your SE schools. The UI medical school and UCH is one of the best in Africa.
Re: 7 Private Universities In Anambra And Their Owners by Tunde835(m): 10:19pm On Nov 08, 2023
Omoawoke2:

Unilag still dey oo. grin
I know unilag also has it's strengths.

1 Like

Re: 7 Private Universities In Anambra And Their Owners by Couldntfigurean: 10:58pm On Nov 08, 2023
Tunde835:
Guy uniuersity of ibadan is highly ranked especially way ahead of your SE schools. The UI medical school and UCH is one of the best in Africa.
best in skull mining

1 Like

Re: 7 Private Universities In Anambra And Their Owners by Tunde835(m): 12:04am On Nov 09, 2023
Couldntfigurean:
best in skull mining
University college hospital ibadan is better than all the hospitals in SE combined.
Re: 7 Private Universities In Anambra And Their Owners by Spizzy1: 12:28am On Nov 09, 2023
Omoawoke2:

They were talking about private universities not Federal. University of Ibadan is not own by the state or individuals.
Re: 7 Private Universities In Anambra And Their Owners by Spizzy1: 12:29am On Nov 09, 2023
Zenithh:

Layola Jesuit?
I am a product of the Catholic school. It's still the best.
Re: 7 Private Universities In Anambra And Their Owners by Omoawoke2(m): 1:12am On Nov 09, 2023
Spizzy1:

They were talking about private universities not Federal. University of Ibadan is not own by the state or individuals.

When talking of private universities, the only private universities we know are all in southwest
Re: 7 Private Universities In Anambra And Their Owners by Possessedkid: 1:29am On Nov 09, 2023
Universities are total waste of money and utterly useless

Time and money used to pursue a degree can be used to invest in meaningful work

1 Like

Re: 7 Private Universities In Anambra And Their Owners by Cassandraloius: 7:28am On Nov 09, 2023
Good to know.

(1) (Reply)

Transcript From Uyo / Ever Heard Of Acada Unilink International? / Question And Answers On Laspotech 2018 Application Forms (full-time / Part-time)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.