Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,602 members, 7,851,048 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 12:41 PM

Off-Cycle Elections: Connected Development Reports Concerns In Bayelsa, Imo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Off-Cycle Elections: Connected Development Reports Concerns In Bayelsa, Imo (6601 Views)

Off-cycle Polls; "APC Is The Biggest Political Party" - Buhari / Off-Cycle Elections: Members Ask Labor Party Chairman, Abure To Step-Down / Edo 2020: Concerns In Obaseki’s Camp Over Assembly, Defections (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Off-Cycle Elections: Connected Development Reports Concerns In Bayelsa, Imo by ogugwa1992: 4:18pm On Nov 11, 2023
Connected Development (CODE) has shed light on significant developments raised by its observers during the ongoing off-cycle elections in Bayelsa and Imo states at a midday press briefing today.

CODE, renowned for its commitment to empowering marginalized communities through information, technology, and social media, is using its election intelligence tool - UZABE, to monitor the elections in the three states through thousands of its volunteer observers.

Addressing reporters at CODE's situation room in Lokoja, the Kogi state capital, the head of deployment, Emmanuel Njoku, acknowledged the positive efforts of the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC), security operatives, and the people in ensuring a commitment to a free and fair electoral process.

However, concerns were raised about impediments faced by observers, including instances where they were restricted from taking pictures.

Njoku also said there were delayed voting in specific locations due to the absence of party agents, and incidents of vote buying were highlighted.

He listed areas in which Uzabe observers have identified some concerns that demands attention.

His words:

In Ajaokuta LGA, at 2nd 200 Community Open space borehole PU 043, Kogi state, our observers were impeded from taking pictures by security personnel, infringing upon observers' freedom during the process.

Bayelsa witnessed delayed voting in Kanabiri comp Ward of Sagbama LGA due to the absence of party agents, and late arrival of INEC officials at Yenogoa-Fankpo Square Ward.

An incident in Ekeremor LGA (Azidekeoreyeine Square Ward), involved an individual attempting to abscond with INEC materials, but citizens resolved the situation without injuries. This stands as a testament to the collective power of the masses.

At Eke-mbutu Market Square Ward of Mbaitoli LGA, Imo state, the BVAS machine malfunctioned and displayed Chinese language, causing a delay that was much later rectified.

While we cannot conclusively speak to voter turn out at this time, Low voter turnout has been reported in some parts of these states. like we observed at Owerri North at Okwu Uratta Primary School Ward.

Disturbingly, in Bayelsa, Market Square Ogia Town Ward of Ogbia LGA, verified reports of vote buying have surfaced, with amounts going as high as N20,000. This was also observed at Ama-Ukwu Umuawaka Square Ward, of Njaba LGA, Imo state where votes were traded for as low as one thousand naira. This practice is disturbing and must be halted.''

On his part, the Chief Executive Officer of the CODE, Hamzat Lawal, called on all stakeholders, including security personnel and INEC officials, to ensure the peaceful ongoing electoral process.

He also urged INEC to prioritize the electronic transmission of polling unit results, emphasizing transparency and timely collation.

https://authorityngr.com/2023/11/11/off-cycle-elections-connected-development-reports-concerns-in-bayelsa-imo/

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Off-Cycle Elections: Connected Development Reports Concerns In Bayelsa, Imo by AbuTwins: 4:25pm On Nov 11, 2023
APC is the only party bullying every other party!

APC will come last while LP will come first!

SDP , PDP and other will come in between.

But the first dey come last!

See Imo state o!

It's early though but APC is brutally raping LP/PDP!

1 Like

Re: Off-Cycle Elections: Connected Development Reports Concerns In Bayelsa, Imo by DrChukki: 4:26pm On Nov 11, 2023
Tinubu is not my president

Mahmood Yakubu deserves to be in prison.

3 Likes

Re: Off-Cycle Elections: Connected Development Reports Concerns In Bayelsa, Imo by tophumble(m): 4:26pm On Nov 11, 2023
Hmmm
Re: Off-Cycle Elections: Connected Development Reports Concerns In Bayelsa, Imo by Chatgpt: 4:26pm On Nov 11, 2023
lipsrsealed
Re: Off-Cycle Elections: Connected Development Reports Concerns In Bayelsa, Imo by Holluwhakemmy(f): 4:26pm On Nov 11, 2023
It is well
Re: Off-Cycle Elections: Connected Development Reports Concerns In Bayelsa, Imo by slivertongue: 4:26pm On Nov 11, 2023
NIGERIAN democracy is a joke

4 Likes

Re: Off-Cycle Elections: Connected Development Reports Concerns In Bayelsa, Imo by jiz: 4:27pm On Nov 11, 2023
Hmmm....don't expect much from this current Mahmoud INEC that defend Tinubu watery election. Electoral empire in Nigeria had lost its credibility tipetipe. Don't expect magic and the will of the people will not count in the 3 states but the highest bidder. Or are you expecting Mr President to conduct credible election? Dey play dey play....APC army you can cry here I no care

1 Like

Re: Off-Cycle Elections: Connected Development Reports Concerns In Bayelsa, Imo by Fcwilly: 4:28pm On Nov 11, 2023
Just tell me that hope uzodinma has lost the election

2 Likes

Re: Off-Cycle Elections: Connected Development Reports Concerns In Bayelsa, Imo by ILoveNG: 4:28pm On Nov 11, 2023
DrChukki:
Tinubu is not my president.
Yet, his decisions are binding on every member of your family. It must be really hard to be in this kind of situation I must confess. I hope God gives you the strength to endure this year and years to come. Alternatively, you can continue repeating the quoted to yourself. A little amount of delusion helps to stay alive sometimes.
The above is applicable to everyone else in tinubu-induced pain or any similar painment.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Off-Cycle Elections: Connected Development Reports Concerns In Bayelsa, Imo by damkin24(m): 4:29pm On Nov 11, 2023
DrChukki:

Get well soon

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Off-Cycle Elections: Connected Development Reports Concerns In Bayelsa, Imo by Lastmankc(m): 4:29pm On Nov 11, 2023
What is that satanic mark I am seeing in that man's forehead?
Re: Off-Cycle Elections: Connected Development Reports Concerns In Bayelsa, Imo by AbuTwins: 4:30pm On Nov 11, 2023
DrChukki:

Pele! Speedy recovery soon!
Re: Off-Cycle Elections: Connected Development Reports Concerns In Bayelsa, Imo by AbuTwins: 4:30pm On Nov 11, 2023
Lastmankc:
What is that satanic mark I am seeing in that man's forehead?

Satanic mark?

So the mark makes him no more the image of ya God?
Re: Off-Cycle Elections: Connected Development Reports Concerns In Bayelsa, Imo by AbuTwins: 4:31pm On Nov 11, 2023
Fcwilly:
Just tell me that hope uzodinma has lost the election

He go win!

You can check IRev!
Re: Off-Cycle Elections: Connected Development Reports Concerns In Bayelsa, Imo by UnwillingColony: 4:39pm On Nov 11, 2023
AbuTwins:

LP all the way
Re: Off-Cycle Elections: Connected Development Reports Concerns In Bayelsa, Imo by AbuTwins: 4:43pm On Nov 11, 2023
UnwillingColony:

LP all the way

LP is being raped brutally now!

But maybe na the results I have been seeing!
Re: Off-Cycle Elections: Connected Development Reports Concerns In Bayelsa, Imo by Zico5(m): 4:58pm On Nov 11, 2023
One thing I know about Obidients is that they can make noise. Their concentration is just outside their states. They will continue to shout rigging even in their backyard as if those rigging this elections are yoruba or Fulani. Shame on them if APC win imo state. One thing I know is that Hope cannot come out to carry out the malpractices on his own, it's his fellow igbo he will use to fulfill his dirty ambition.
Re: Off-Cycle Elections: Connected Development Reports Concerns In Bayelsa, Imo by Gebbise: 5:17pm On Nov 11, 2023
Are you ready to take your career, education, or immigration dreams to new heights? Look no further! Our exceptional suite of services includes Professional CV Revamping, Cover Letter Writing, Statement of Purpose (Academic and Visa SOP), and Motivational Letter Writing. Whether you're aiming for your dream job, a top-notch educational institution, or a successful visa application, our expert team is here to empower your journey. We specialize in crafting compelling, personalized documents that make you stand out. Don't miss out on opportunities - choose KAS today and embark on a path to success! Contact us and let's write your success story together!

1 Like

Re: Off-Cycle Elections: Connected Development Reports Concerns In Bayelsa, Imo by honestivo(m): 5:25pm On Nov 11, 2023
Political positions should be made unattractive to avoid election rigging
Re: Off-Cycle Elections: Connected Development Reports Concerns In Bayelsa, Imo by Gucciswaz: 5:39pm On Nov 11, 2023
All I see is 232,474 and 352 senseless people reflected in that results sheets .
Re: Off-Cycle Elections: Connected Development Reports Concerns In Bayelsa, Imo by PHAYOL81: 6:12pm On Nov 11, 2023
AbuTwins:

See Imo state o!

It's early though but APC is brutally raping LP/PDP!

UNA don start. Small time now, INEC go release result, you go begin cry foul that it ain't the same one you saw but when time comes to present WITNESSES (or better put, party agent) to collaborate your claim, you begin playing the victim card.
We know the playbook you're trying to show us.

......He listed areas in which Uzabe observers have identified some concerns that demands attention.
His words:
In Ajaokuta LGA, at 2nd 200 Community Open space borehole PU 043, Kogi state, our observers
were impeded from taking pictures by security personnel, infringing upon observers' freedom
during the process......
These people don't even know the limit of their freedom. Individuals are disallowed from taking pictures/recording videos at polling units. Only authourized media outfits are allowed to take DISTANCE SHOTS under the guidance of available INEC and security officials.
Re: Off-Cycle Elections: Connected Development Reports Concerns In Bayelsa, Imo by Trustmea: 6:26pm On Nov 11, 2023
So after all the killings hope uzodinma perpetrated some people still have the gut to vote for him, na wa oh! Perhaps this is Inec voting not from the imolites
Re: Off-Cycle Elections: Connected Development Reports Concerns In Bayelsa, Imo by AbuTwins: 7:09pm On Nov 11, 2023
PHAYOL81:

UNA don start. Small time now, INEC go release result, you go begin cry foul that it ain't the same one you saw but when time comes to present WITNESSES (or better put, party agent) to collaborate your claim, you begin playing the victim card.
We know the playbook you're trying to show us.

These people don't even know the limit of their freedom. Individuals are disallowed from taking pictures/recording videos at polling units. Only authourized media outfits are allowed to take DISTANCE SHOTS under the guidance of available INEC and security officials.

SDP is really trying in Kogi. APC will remain in Imo. PDP likely in Bayelsa.
I was actually sarcastic in my previous comment!

1 Like

Re: Off-Cycle Elections: Connected Development Reports Concerns In Bayelsa, Imo by stano2(m): 7:16pm On Nov 11, 2023
Was there election in IMO State…people are not even bothered.

Inec should go ahead with their Selection

(1) (Reply)

COP 28: Nigeria Signs MOU To Establish Solar PV Manufacturing Plant / Peter Obi Not Contemplating Leaving LP, Forming New Party, Says Yunusa Tanko / Four Killed By Gunmen In Plateau

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.