Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,712 members, 7,851,425 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 07:03 PM

Adeleke Suspends Osun Chief Judge Adepele Ojo - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Adeleke Suspends Osun Chief Judge Adepele Ojo (21150 Views)

NJC Shuns Adeleke, Affirms Adepele Ojo As Osun CJ / Breaking: Governor Adeleke Suspends OSIEC Chairman And Members / Crisis: Adeleke’s Faction Suspends Osun PDP ‘acting Chairman’, Wale Ojo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Adeleke Suspends Osun Chief Judge Adepele Ojo by nuruajao: 12:44am On Nov 17, 2023
iCauseTrouble:
i hope this is not related to the Timothy Adegoke and Rahmon Adedoyin's case
Busybody oloriburuku ota ilosiwaju nie
Re: Adeleke Suspends Osun Chief Judge Adepele Ojo by ZenithSaint(m): 3:31am On Nov 17, 2023
Politicstoday:
It’s only NJC that can suspend a chief judge of the State. Is this not a battle between executive and judiciary here. And the legislature arm of government in the State is much compromised too.

You know you are lying. The governor has been looking for ways to get ride of this woman CJ since he came into office. They expected her to give soft landing on some cases e.g Timothy Adegoke Vs Adedoyin but she stood her ground. Let them publishe her so called misconduct allegations for the word to see. This unfolding development in the state is very unfortunate. They simple want to put the governor " person" there to do their biddings.
Re: Adeleke Suspends Osun Chief Judge Adepele Ojo by ZenithSaint(m): 3:33am On Nov 17, 2023
nuruajao:
Busybody oloriburuku ota ilosiwaju nie

It's about the case. They haven't forgive the CJ for daring them in that case.
Re: Adeleke Suspends Osun Chief Judge Adepele Ojo by ZenithSaint(m): 3:34am On Nov 17, 2023
Blue3k:

I don't think so. It's not clear to me if the Governor has to act on the state assemblies recommendation.

You are the agent of the governor in this matter. God we espose you people.
Re: Adeleke Suspends Osun Chief Judge Adepele Ojo by Jostoman: 3:47am On Nov 17, 2023
Politicstoday:
It’s only NJC that can suspend a chief judge of the State. Is this not a battle between executive and judiciary here. And the legislature arm of government in the State is much compromised too.
was there no NJC when onoghen was remove? And by the way he was only ask to step aside for proper investigation to be carried out.
Re: Adeleke Suspends Osun Chief Judge Adepele Ojo by LillyandDaisy: 3:55am On Nov 17, 2023
oluwaseunamos33:
Why would adeleke do such without my approval?
Technically he doesn’t involve him self, the house of assembly as earlier invited the cj

1 Like

Re: Adeleke Suspends Osun Chief Judge Adepele Ojo by Nuheights(m): 4:52am On Nov 17, 2023
Na only dance this one sabi
Re: Adeleke Suspends Osun Chief Judge Adepele Ojo by RedAlert08(m): 5:13am On Nov 17, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:
He can not suspend a Chief Judge. Only NJC can. This was how problem started in some states leading to serious issues. I think Cross Rivers was one of such states. And when it happened in Kwara state, the case of Elelu-Habib v AGF is the locus classicus on the matter.

I expect NJC to react very very soon or immediately to avoid any confusion because that his 'Acting Chief Judge' may not be accepted by NJC. If that man accepts that appointment from Gov Jackson Adeleke, he may even land in trouble with NJC. Check my signature for free stuffs!

Land in trouble in which country? It seems you haven't yet realized the type of country you live in.
Nigeria is worse than a jungle. The laws are not worth the pieces of paper they're written in.
Re: Adeleke Suspends Osun Chief Judge Adepele Ojo by Benez: 5:32am On Nov 17, 2023
Ykc2:
something apc is enjoying since? with nepotism in Tinubu's government all I see is future uncertainties in as much buhari came with nepotism Tinubu is only following his footsteps

What is the relevance of this to the topic.
Re: Adeleke Suspends Osun Chief Judge Adepele Ojo by oluwaseunamos33(m): 6:20am On Nov 17, 2023
Cyrus176:

Sorry mr president. He is just a kid.
Lol. Ok 👍
Re: Adeleke Suspends Osun Chief Judge Adepele Ojo by seguno2: 6:31am On Nov 17, 2023
maasoap:

Onnoghen! One time Chief Judge of Nigeria who made 2 billion dollars from importing rice while he was still in office. grin grin grin. Some Nigerians deserve firing aquad or hanging

Can you please share irrefutable evidence of this claim, assuming that you are not a liar.
Re: Adeleke Suspends Osun Chief Judge Adepele Ojo by Politicstoday: 7:09am On Nov 17, 2023
REMOVAL OF OSUN C. J; JOKE TAKEN TOO FAR.
The purported removal of Osun State Chief Justice, Justice Adepele Ojo, by Osun State Governor, is not only illegal but it’s a patient violation of the rule of law.
Despite the denial by Osun State government of the plot to remove the State's Chief Judge, Justice Adepele Ojo, and the position of National Industrial Court, Ibadan Division on the matter, Osun State Governor, Governor Ademola Adeleke still forge ahead to suspend the Chief Justice.
No doubt, the purported removal of Chief Justice is unwarranted. Chapter 7. Part 4. Section 292 of Nigeria constitution clearly lists the instances when the Chief Justice of a State can cease to remain in office. None of such instances include suspension by the State Governor. Though, the Governor acting on an address supported by two-thirds majority of the House of Assembly of State, Praying that she be so removed, but it’s removal or suspension is subject to the recommendation of of the National Judicial Council(NJC).
The position of the law is that “A judicial officer shall not be removed from his office or appointment before his age of retirement except in the following circumstances
(a) in the case of Chief Judge of a State, Grand Kadi of a Sharia Court of Appeal or President of a Customary Court of Appeal of a State, by the Governor acting on an address supported by two-thirds majority of the House of Assembly of the State, Praying that he be so removed for his inability to discharge the functions of his office or appointment (whether arising from infirmity of mind or of body) or for misconduct or contravention of the Code of Conduct;
(b) in any case, other than those to which paragraph (a) of this subsection applies, by the President or, as the case may be, the Governor acting on the recommendation of the National Judicial Council that the judicial officer be so removed for his inability to discharge the functions of his office or appointment (whether arising from infirmity of mind or of body) or for misconduct or contravention of the Code of conduct”. In lieu of that, the suspension of Justice Adepele Ojo is illegal and not contemplated by the Law.
Osun state governor as the chief custodian of the Law in the state is expected to obey the rule of law and follow the guidelines, instead of acting in an hurry.
Demand;
I hereby join others in demanding for the Immediate reinstatement of Osun State Chief Justice- Justice Adepele Ojo. The time is ripe for good people of Osun state to challenge the desecration of the laws of our country by its custodian. I call on the Osun State House of Assembly to do the needful by reinstalling Justice Adepele Ojo and National Judicial Council to see the suspension of the Osun Chief Justice as the usurpation of powers and privileges. The decision must be immediately reversed and draw the attention of the Governor to the fact that our constitution imposes a regime of separation of powers and the Governor should not usurp the powers of the Osun State House is Assembly and National Judicial Council(NJC).
Hon. Adewumi L Abiola
(Ede North Local Government, Osun State).

Re: Adeleke Suspends Osun Chief Judge Adepele Ojo by Politicstoday: 7:12am On Nov 17, 2023
Jostoman:
was there no NJC when onoghen was remove? And by the way he was only ask to step aside for proper investigation to be carried out.
everything about Onoghen sack is highly political and illegal too
Re: Adeleke Suspends Osun Chief Judge Adepele Ojo by Politicstoday: 7:16am On Nov 17, 2023
ZenithSaint:

You know you are lying. The governor has been looking for ways to get ride of this woman CJ since he came into office. They expected her to give soft landing on some cases e.g Timothy Adegoke Vs Adedoyin but she stood her ground. Let them publishe her so called misconduct allegations for the word to see. This unfolding development in the state is very unfortunate. They simple want to put the governor " person" there to do their biddings.
see they have no allegations against her, they just want to get rid of her cos’ the woman stood her ground and dispense justice in his assignment in the court of justice. See the executive won’t have it well in his activities here cos’ this type of issues have happened before in the Osun State judiciary when a judge under Aregbesola was sacked cos’ the judge isn’t dancing to the Aregbesola music, at the end of the day the judge won all his case in the court of justice and restored back to her seat. CJ Adepele Ojo will be restored to her seat back. The judiciary will help her get justice and the executive will be the one to be disgrace in the end. The so called legislative arm of government has been compromised.
Re: Adeleke Suspends Osun Chief Judge Adepele Ojo by pacespot(m): 7:19am On Nov 17, 2023
I believe this will require a legislative confirmation or sort?
Re: Adeleke Suspends Osun Chief Judge Adepele Ojo by jonnex: 7:39am On Nov 17, 2023
This is an illegal act and the man taking the job will be on the receiving end.
Re: Adeleke Suspends Osun Chief Judge Adepele Ojo by OkoYM(m): 7:47am On Nov 17, 2023
iCauseTrouble:
i hope this is not related to the Timothy Adegoke and Rahmon Adedoyin's case
It is very likely, there was a rumor about her(the CJ) suspension immediately Rahmon Adedoyin was sentenced.
Re: Adeleke Suspends Osun Chief Judge Adepele Ojo by Segxydube: 8:24am On Nov 17, 2023
oluwaseunamos33:
Why would adeleke do such without my approval?

U no sabi read? The osun state house of assembly approved it.
Re: Adeleke Suspends Osun Chief Judge Adepele Ojo by Segxydube: 8:25am On Nov 17, 2023
Moferere:
This is what you get when you appoint illiterate as Governor

U knw d meaning of illiterate? Abi u no just get sense.

Simething wey osun state house of assembly approved u dey blame only the governor.

Na u gangan be illiterate
Re: Adeleke Suspends Osun Chief Judge Adepele Ojo by Segxydube: 8:31am On Nov 17, 2023
Geonigga:
Imagine a politician with a less value certificate is suspending a whole chief judge of a state. We need to amend our constitution to take away the power of recommendation of judge or appointment of chief judge from the executive arm

Na those judges disgrace themselves na... Dem go dey collect bribe anyhow now they have lost their dignity and respect
Re: Adeleke Suspends Osun Chief Judge Adepele Ojo by regenerateman(m): 8:53am On Nov 17, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:
He can not suspend a Chief Judge. Only NJC can. This was how problem started in some states leading to serious issues. I think Cross Rivers was one of such states. And when it happened in Kwara state, the case of Elelu-Habib v AGF is the locus classicus on the matter.

I expect NJC to react very very soon or immediately to avoid any confusion because that his 'Acting Chief Judge' may not be accepted by NJC. If that man accepts that appointment from Gov Jackson Adeleke, he may even land in trouble with NJC. Check my signature for free stuffs!

We got this democracy on a platter of gold. No gun was shot and no blood spilled. This is the reason why these politicians are tolling with it. The NJC is the only body that has the constitutional right to recommend the suspension or dismissal of erring judges. It is in Nigeria that a yatch was supplied without appropriation from the national assembly. The economy of US would have been shutdown today if the congress had not rally round to approve spending that will last till mid January and February. This is a country where things are working.
Re: Adeleke Suspends Osun Chief Judge Adepele Ojo by TOPCRUISE(m): 9:01am On Nov 17, 2023
Governor suspend chief Judge. Ha
Re: Adeleke Suspends Osun Chief Judge Adepele Ojo by Nokio2: 9:06am On Nov 17, 2023
FreeStuffsNG

Nobody they check ur signature because u yourself na locus classicus of imaginary freestuffs..

post=127007440:

Re: Adeleke Suspends Osun Chief Judge Adepele Ojo by regenerateman(m): 9:07am On Nov 17, 2023
Jostoman:
It was the code of conduct tribunal that asked him to step aside and not NASS or presidency.
Re: Adeleke Suspends Osun Chief Judge Adepele Ojo by Politicstoday: 9:13am On Nov 17, 2023
regenerateman:

It was the code of conduct tribunal that asked him to step aside and not NASS or presidency.
Abeg explain to him well ooo. He’s a novice
Re: Adeleke Suspends Osun Chief Judge Adepele Ojo by Alliswell248: 9:14am On Nov 17, 2023
Ykc2:
every one Is following apc style of government am not saying adeleke is apc member,is not apc government that made hope uzodimma who came 4th in election governor?Court gave order for emefiele to be granted bail yet tinubu refused to let him go,buhari started this nonsense but e go reach everyone

Gej started it....Court told him to reinstate Salami, the then appeal Court judge. He refused .

Google is your friend.
Re: Adeleke Suspends Osun Chief Judge Adepele Ojo by daeger: 9:48am On Nov 17, 2023
Adedoyin case on my mind
Re: Adeleke Suspends Osun Chief Judge Adepele Ojo by maasoap(m): 10:47am On Nov 17, 2023
seguno2:

Can you please share irrefutable evidence of this claim, assuming that you are not a liar.
I guess you were not in Nigeria at the time. Simple Google search will help you. Why are you sounding like you are defending a crook with blood money?
Re: Adeleke Suspends Osun Chief Judge Adepele Ojo by generalud: 2:56pm On Nov 17, 2023
Adeleke removing the CJ that swore him in
Re: Adeleke Suspends Osun Chief Judge Adepele Ojo by oluwaseunamos33(m): 3:18pm On Nov 17, 2023
Segxydube:

U no sabi read? The osun state house of assembly approved it.
If you sabi read, you will know that i am not house of assembly.
Re: Adeleke Suspends Osun Chief Judge Adepele Ojo by endy1234: 6:24pm On Nov 17, 2023
Re: Adeleke Suspends Osun Chief Judge Adepele Ojo by StainlessCup: 4:48pm On Nov 18, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:

Where were you when Buhari suspended a sitting CJN: JSC Walter Onnoghen?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Prof. Osinbajo And Wife Get Accredited (photo) / An Overview Of Cross River Garment Textile Factory (photos) / Jonathan Backs Sheriff As Makarfi Vows To Fight On

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.