Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,138 members, 7,814,989 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:56 AM

Telecom Operators Plan Increase In Tariffs - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Telecom Operators Plan Increase In Tariffs (13201 Views)

NCC To Telecom Operators: All SIMs not linked To NIN Must Be Blocked Today / Nigerians To Pay More As GSM Operators Plan 40% Tariff Hike / Telecom Operators Demand 100% Increase In Call, Data Tariffs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Telecom Operators Plan Increase In Tariffs by treesun: 10:16am On Nov 17, 2023
The Association of Licensed Telecommunications Operators of Nigeria (ALTON), has said that there might be an increase in telecom tariff in the country as the current tariff regime in the telecom sector is no longer sustainable.

This was made known by the Chairman of ALTON, Mr. Gbenga Adebayo, in Lagos State during a stakeholders’ meeting with the Executive Vice Chairman of the Nigerian Communication Commission (NCC), Dr. Aminu Maida.

Adebayo said that price review should be considered in line with the rising operating cost, adding that operators are burdened by 52 taxes across the country under President Bola Tinubu.

Daily Trust quoted Adebayo as saying, “Our current pricing regime is no longer sustainable. That is the fact, with the way things are going, I am not sure we can sustain this sector with the current pricing regime.

The ALTON Chairman who urged the NCC Chairman, Maida to intervene in the Unstructured Supplementary Service Data (USSD) debts owed them by Deposit Money Banks (DMBs), which according to him, had now hit N200 billion, noted that the total debts must be paid.

He stressed that the association would not hesitate blocking debtor banks from accessing the service.

In response, the NCC Chairman who assured Adebayo of the support of stakeholders in the sector said it was important to put a timeline on resolutions reached at the meeting.
The NCC boss who assured the stakeholders of his support and commitment to the growth of the sector, said his action would be guided by the Renewed Agenda of President Bola Tinubu and the policy guidelines enumerated by the Minister of Communications, Innovation and Digital Economy, Dr. Bosun Tijani.

Maida noted that the government sees the telecom sector as critical to the economy, and therefore urged the operators to improve the quality of their services as well as boost job creation in the country.

Also speaking, the President of Association of Telecommunications Companies of Nigeria (ATCON), Mr Anthony Emoekpere, said there is a need to bridge the telecom infrastructure in the country as part of measures to improve the quality of service.

https://saharareporters.com/2023/11/17/nigerian-telecom-operators-plan-increase-tariffs-say-current-rates-no-longer-sustainable

1 Share

Re: Telecom Operators Plan Increase In Tariffs by slivertongue: 10:29am On Nov 17, 2023
sad effects Buharinomics & Tinubunomics

59 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Telecom Operators Plan Increase In Tariffs by Puss360(f): 11:08am On Nov 17, 2023
Hmmmm...
This one wey everything sef don increase because of Tinubu and his economic policies...

Well, it's a general knowledge say dollars don go up...

Those of you that patronise hook-up, please kindly note that price per round(PPR) has increase... Either you pay or go back to your wife ....

Signed..
Hon Puss360....

15 Likes

Re: Telecom Operators Plan Increase In Tariffs by treesun: 11:25am On Nov 17, 2023
Nigerians are getting poorer and poorer under Tinubu and APC. Prices are jumping through the roof, while government officers and their family spend lavishly, Nlfpmod!

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Telecom Operators Plan Increase In Tariffs by duduade: 11:49am On Nov 17, 2023
Last last na to dey write and post letters

Anytime e reach the recipient no wahala

44 Likes

Re: Telecom Operators Plan Increase In Tariffs by duduade: 11:49am On Nov 17, 2023
treesun:
Nigerians are getting poorer and poorer under Tinubu and APC. Prices are jumping through the roof, while government officers and their family spend lavishly, Nlfpmod!

His wife has said that her husband isn't a magician

18 Likes

Re: Telecom Operators Plan Increase In Tariffs by happney65: 12:37pm On Nov 17, 2023
Increase the Damm thing make everybody go back to listen to Radio OYO. grin

Ori yin ti o pe yen a to pe

Eyin werey

27 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Telecom Operators Plan Increase In Tariffs by 89green: 12:38pm On Nov 17, 2023
I heard someone still buys 10 Gig for 20 naira with his APC card, how can I get that card pls?

51 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Telecom Operators Plan Increase In Tariffs by Amigoss: 12:38pm On Nov 17, 2023
What that 🤡🤡🤡🤡 in aso rock knows is Tax,tax,tax,nothing else....

3 Likes

Re: Telecom Operators Plan Increase In Tariffs by Abolodje: 12:38pm On Nov 17, 2023
Tinubu don tax them too be that lol

12 Likes

Re: Telecom Operators Plan Increase In Tariffs by eepeepook: 12:38pm On Nov 17, 2023
The cost of everything is rising now. If you have a job, hold on to it like gold. You do not want to join the league of unemployed wondering where their next meal will come from. Small money is better than no money.

I noticed that data rose in cost by a hundred Naira. E shock me.

38 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Telecom Operators Plan Increase In Tariffs by Evolutionism: 12:38pm On Nov 17, 2023
Abeg make them increase am. It's long overdue.

That's the most important and only effective sector functioning properly in Nigeria.

After Food, Water and Health, DATA is Next.

4 Likes

Re: Telecom Operators Plan Increase In Tariffs by Amigoss: 12:38pm On Nov 17, 2023
Puss360:
Hmmmm...
This one wey everything sef don increase because of Tinubu and his economic policies...

Well, it's a general knowledge say dollars don go up...

Those of you that patronise hook-up, please kindly note that price per round(PPR) has increase... Either you pay or go back to your wife ....

Signed..
Hon Puss360....

Who never chop no dey patronise hookup therefore If the Supply is higher than demand it means price will drop, Economics 101

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Telecom Operators Plan Increase In Tariffs by Kizyte(m): 12:39pm On Nov 17, 2023
Effect of Tinubunation! Nigeria is now completely destroyed, not only by Tinubu, but by those who voted him and are still supporting him and his government.

If insecurity no kill you, poverty and hunger will finish you kpata kpata... unfortunately, a lot of brains in this country have been programmed not to have sense till death.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Telecom Operators Plan Increase In Tariffs by erniok(m): 12:39pm On Nov 17, 2023
treesun:

https://saharareporters.com/2023/11/17/nigerian-telecom-operators-plan-increase-tariffs-say-current-rates-no-longer-sustainable

It's just inevitable. Prices have gone up in almost every sector even DSTV subscription rates have gone up. Next will be power sector.

4 Likes

Re: Telecom Operators Plan Increase In Tariffs by EmmaLege: 12:39pm On Nov 17, 2023
🤕
Re: Telecom Operators Plan Increase In Tariffs by seanwilliam(m): 12:39pm On Nov 17, 2023
Continue pressing our neck o
Re: Telecom Operators Plan Increase In Tariffs by pendusky(m): 12:40pm On Nov 17, 2023
It not planned; they have implemented it.

I use to buy 112GB worth of data, even two months ago, the last one was supposed to last for one month with a rollover of 30GB. However, by the 25th of October, I purchased an additional 75GB plus the 30GB rollover, and within two weeks, it was exhausted. I bought another 25GB a week ago, and it has already finished...

I think I need another data plug

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Telecom Operators Plan Increase In Tariffs by 2chainz411: 12:42pm On Nov 17, 2023
I want Nigeria government to delete mtn from Nigeria network system due to their scams,government should help Glo and build their network strength,they Are good in some area and I have been using Glo and their tariff is very good,helping a niga do his things properly.solo niga should help a niga arrange his happiness,1223738893,AccessBank!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Telecom Operators Plan Increase In Tariffs by adesegun121(m): 12:42pm On Nov 17, 2023
Ok oo
Re: Telecom Operators Plan Increase In Tariffs by Opanka44(m): 12:43pm On Nov 17, 2023
They shouldn't try it pls. We are going through hell already and they shouldn't compound our economic woes any further pls

5 Likes

Re: Telecom Operators Plan Increase In Tariffs by erniok(m): 12:43pm On Nov 17, 2023
2chainz411:
I want Nigeria government to delete mtn from Nigeria network system due to their scams,government should help Glo and build their network strength,they Are good in some area and I have been using Glo and their tariff is very good,helping a niga do his things properly.solo niga should help a niga arrange his happiness,1223738893,AccessBank!
Glo that "drink" data? Abeg talk something else.

4 Likes

Re: Telecom Operators Plan Increase In Tariffs by ClearFlair: 12:43pm On Nov 17, 2023
grin grin grin
Re: Telecom Operators Plan Increase In Tariffs by SLIDEwaxie(m): 12:43pm On Nov 17, 2023
Something that has been hiked before the announcement. Dey there dey play

Where in the world is anything cheap anymore?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Telecom Operators Plan Increase In Tariffs by Blaze14k: 12:43pm On Nov 17, 2023
Which plan?.. what they have done already

4 Likes

Re: Telecom Operators Plan Increase In Tariffs by GanagiBitrus: 12:43pm On Nov 17, 2023
Re: Telecom Operators Plan Increase In Tariffs by Fiscus105(m): 12:44pm On Nov 17, 2023
52 different taxes indeed Naija nah hell for business to survive.

5 Likes

Re: Telecom Operators Plan Increase In Tariffs by SLIDEwaxie(m): 12:44pm On Nov 17, 2023
Kizyte:
Effect of Tinubunation! Nigeria is now completely destroyed, not by Tinubu, but by those who voted him and are still supporting him and his government, even though the election was rigged.
Arindin. Na tinubu dey govern the rest of the world too. Your people wey japa no tell you? Even if you're too lazy to understand what's going on around the world, u no fit ask around? Arindin omo
Re: Telecom Operators Plan Increase In Tariffs by SleekyP(m): 12:45pm On Nov 17, 2023
already Hiked angry angry

3 Likes

Re: Telecom Operators Plan Increase In Tariffs by BOSSkesh(m): 12:45pm On Nov 17, 2023
They’ve done that already na

4 Likes

Re: Telecom Operators Plan Increase In Tariffs by Hilena(m): 12:45pm On Nov 17, 2023
I blame Nigeria youth and the high level of tribalism, nepotism and all that, Person go see black de form say this tin na white because of tribe or religion... Make we continue de deceive ourselves for this country... The sad part is that no one is complaining not to talk of fighting for the masses 😔😔

E go reach everybody last last keep pretending.

8 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Which Smartphone Features Are Most Important To You? / See How A10 Fusion With 2gb Of Ram Murders Snapdragon 820 With 6gb Of Ram / Easy Way To Recharge Your PHCN Prepaid Meter Online Without Visiting The Bank

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.