Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,138 members, 7,835,814 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 03:25 PM

Some Appliances You Have At Home Has Hiding Cameras— Kelechi Deca - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Some Appliances You Have At Home Has Hiding Cameras— Kelechi Deca (4065 Views)

Lenovo K8 Note: Deca Core, 3g/4g Ram, 13mp And F/1.7 Aperture, See More Inside / Battle Of The Cameras: Xiaomi's Note 4 Vs Tecno's Camon CX / Samsung Galaxy Note 8 Goes Official: 6.3″ WQHD+, Dual Cameras, 6 GB RAM & More (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Some Appliances You Have At Home Has Hiding Cameras— Kelechi Deca by adefitim(m): 2:31pm On Nov 19, 2023
Your phone eavesdrop on you cos the mic for most of the apps is on, that's why after speaking with someone & mentioning a product, FB & Instagram starts sending ads of that product to you. No be juju. Disable the mic.
I know we are too neck deep into this to try to tap out at this time, but if there's a referee, we can reduce the exposure.

I am worried that my TV has a camera and a microphone and I don't know where they're located. Meaning that whatever is happening in my living room can be recorded by a third party I don't know of.

For some people, their microwave, refrigerator even blender are spying on them but they don't know.

Imagine such nansense.

I sent the company an email, and they're telling me that the camera is for video calling purposes. I told them I ain't doin no nansense video calling.

How can TV I should be watching, be watching me also.

I spoke to a friend who is more knowledgeable in stuff like this. He told me that most TV cameras are located in the middle-top section of the TV and that I can disable the camera module from the settings menu or physically locate it and cover it up with tape , same way we cover the webcam of the laptop.

Back to the phone, I've been advised to open the Settings app , go to “Security and Privacy” and then select “Privacy.” Look for the “Permission Manager” option and tap on it. Find and click on “Microphone.” Review the list of apps that have microphone access and decide which ones you want to restrict.

Some apps you downloaded have not been used since this year, of what use are they to you. Uninstall them, some of them are monitoring spirits for bigger tech demons.

Lalasticlala
Mynd44
Seun
Obinoscopy
Nlfpmod

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Some Appliances You Have At Home Has Hiding Cameras— Kelechi Deca by eepeepook: 3:11pm On Nov 19, 2023
Okay. Good.
Re: Some Appliances You Have At Home Has Hiding Cameras— Kelechi Deca by immortalcrown(m): 3:18pm On Nov 19, 2023
adefitim:
For some people, their microwave, refrigerator even blender are spying on them but they don't know.
You exaggerate things unnecessarily. How do these gadgets send information to whoever uses them to spy on you? Do you connect your microwaves, refrigerators and blenders to the internet?

23 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Some Appliances You Have At Home Has Hiding Cameras— Kelechi Deca by SIXTEENTH(m): 3:18pm On Nov 19, 2023
Master's of the Universe are at work
Re: Some Appliances You Have At Home Has Hiding Cameras— Kelechi Deca by Nukilia: 4:11pm On Nov 19, 2023
Conspiracy theorists grin

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Some Appliances You Have At Home Has Hiding Cameras— Kelechi Deca by illicit(m): 4:16pm On Nov 19, 2023
Your phone spies on u especially if u use Facebook

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Some Appliances You Have At Home Has Hiding Cameras— Kelechi Deca by Beverlyjean(f): 5:09pm On Nov 19, 2023
Go and buy box TV if u are paranoid... technology has really advanced... people make video calls through TV ... I do too ...

1 Like

Re: Some Appliances You Have At Home Has Hiding Cameras— Kelechi Deca by ItisWell22(f): 5:11pm On Nov 19, 2023
illicit:
Your phone spies on u especially if u use Facebook

Person don dey shout “conspiracy theorist” above you already. 🥱

Let’s assume it’s mere conspiracy theory, will taking some precautionary measures (peradventure) hurt? 😟

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Some Appliances You Have At Home Has Hiding Cameras— Kelechi Deca by illicit(m): 5:15pm On Nov 19, 2023
ItisWell22:

Person don dey shout “conspiracy theorist” above you already. 🥱

Let’s assume it’s mere conspiracy theory, will taking some precautionary measures (peradventure) hurt? 😟

I know Facebook makes use of your phones Microphone

I turn off my phone data when not in use

Did u notice that sometimes when u discuss/ complain or make enquiries about something u will see the ad on Facebook

Or you discuss a particular person, you might find them on your suggested friends soon enough

21 Likes

Re: Some Appliances You Have At Home Has Hiding Cameras— Kelechi Deca by Ruke1989: 5:38pm On Nov 19, 2023
adefitim:
I know we are too neck deep into this to try to tap out at this time, but if there's a referee, we can reduce the exposure.

I am worried that my TV has a camera and a microphone and I don't know where they're located. Meaning that whatever is happening in my living room can be recorded by a third party I don't know of.

Imagine such nansense.

I sent the company an email, and they're telling me that the camera is for video calling purposes. I told them I ain't doin no nansense video calling.

How can TV I should be watching, be watching me also.

I spoke to a friend who is more knowledgeable in stuff like this. He told me that most TV cameras are located in the middle-top section of the TV and that I can disable the camera module from the settings menu or physically locate it and cover it up with tape , same way we cover the webcam of the laptop.

Back to the phone, I've been advised to open the Settings app , go to “Security and Privacy” and then select “Privacy.” Look for the “Permission Manager” option and tap on it. Find and click on “Microphone.” Review the list of apps that have microphone access and decide which ones you want to restrict.

Some apps you downloaded have not been used since this year, of what use are they to you. Uninstall them, some of them are monitoring spirits for bigger tech demons.

Lalasticlala
Mynd44
Seun
Obinoscopy
Nlfpmod

Send me that TV to end all this complain

4 Likes

Re: Some Appliances You Have At Home Has Hiding Cameras— Kelechi Deca by Nobody: 5:53pm On Nov 19, 2023
Yes you can be spied on with those gadgets but 99.9% of the world population are not important enough to be on the list of people that would actually get spied on. Facebook and Google might use some data from your phone to know what you like in order to automatically advertise those things to you but having cameras placed in your room? Lol are you an illegal arms dealer or world power Ambassador? Get over yourself

2 Likes

Re: Some Appliances You Have At Home Has Hiding Cameras— Kelechi Deca by mattbass(m): 5:54pm On Nov 19, 2023
When an Intelligent post of this is been posted, some individuals will start shouting that is a mere conspiracy, it doesn't exist. That's what they want you to belive. But those well advanced in tech know the truth about it and are very careful. Some, even imagine how a refrigerator or even microwave will have hidden camera or microphone shows how shallow they are in both the world they are living and and the tech world. Technology and data banking is never a joke reason cybersecurity is on the high now.
Is well sha..... Make we all take precautions and stop proving wise when we ourself can't create anything at all.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Some Appliances You Have At Home Has Hiding Cameras— Kelechi Deca by Zonefree(m): 5:59pm On Nov 19, 2023
illicit:

Did u notice that sometimes when u complain of something u will see the ad on Facebook

Or you discuss a particular person, you might find them on your suggested friends soon enough
💯
Valid.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Some Appliances You Have At Home Has Hiding Cameras— Kelechi Deca by Sucre6: 6:06pm On Nov 19, 2023
We are being watched 100%
Lemme shock you, just sit down and have a physical chat with a friend or colleague about a particular thing, may be a particular type of phone or may be a particular product or an air condition and make sure your phone is close by and data on.

From that moment on, each time you browse google or Facebook they will be bringing you exact ad that suggest what u have discussed earlier.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Some Appliances You Have At Home Has Hiding Cameras— Kelechi Deca by Lush100(m): 6:07pm On Nov 19, 2023
Re: Some Appliances You Have At Home Has Hiding Cameras— Kelechi Deca by ItisWell22(f): 6:20pm On Nov 19, 2023
illicit:

Did u notice that sometimes when u complain of something u will see the ad on Facebook

A friend actually drew my attention to it, last year.

He was like, it seems his phone listens to him.

Once he talks about something, the next time he picks his phone up; adverts, suggestions and all pertaining to that issue pop up.

I for one, I’m not a heavy internet user.
Only study like checking up stuffs via chrome, WhatsApp and nairaland; so didn’t get to notice it.

2 Likes

Re: Some Appliances You Have At Home Has Hiding Cameras— Kelechi Deca by lekkicctv(m): 6:52pm On Nov 19, 2023
Eyes that see shocked in the dark cool
Spy Cameras are available in different designs @LekkiCCTV

Talk to us on Twitter, Instagram.. Facebook for Surveillance Cameras n Security Systems

Re: Some Appliances You Have At Home Has Hiding Cameras— Kelechi Deca by 9jaBloke: 7:20pm On Nov 19, 2023
has hiding *have hidden*
Re: Some Appliances You Have At Home Has Hiding Cameras— Kelechi Deca by chariisGRACE(m): 7:25pm On Nov 19, 2023
immortalcrown:
You exaggerate things unnecessarily. How do these gadgets send information to whoever uses them to spy on you?

Bro, chill.

It is very possible as long as that device is connected to the Internet.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Some Appliances You Have At Home Has Hiding Cameras— Kelechi Deca by immortalcrown(m): 7:26pm On Nov 19, 2023
chariisGRACE:

Bro, chill.

It is very possible as long as that device is connected to the Internet.
What percentage of Microwaves, refrigerators and blenders in this world is connected to the internet? Why on earth will something like blender have internet connection? This is the reason for my comment.

4 Likes

Re: Some Appliances You Have At Home Has Hiding Cameras— Kelechi Deca by decub: 7:27pm On Nov 19, 2023
immortalcrown:
You exaggerate things unnecessarily. How do these gadgets send information to whoever uses them to spy on you?
The guy too dey watch African movie to believe the refrigerator/microwave thingy. Abi na smart microwave that will heat my food in the office from home
Re: Some Appliances You Have At Home Has Hiding Cameras— Kelechi Deca by Rexymania(m): 7:33pm On Nov 19, 2023
They want to know you more than you know yourself

1 Like

Re: Some Appliances You Have At Home Has Hiding Cameras— Kelechi Deca by ednut1(m): 7:57pm On Nov 19, 2023
Microwave and Blender mostly dont have internet capability lol. And what is so important about you that anyone wants to spy Did you invent anything, do you have intellectual property or are you a spy for a nation Irrelevant people wan feel relevant by force

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Some Appliances You Have At Home Has Hiding Cameras— Kelechi Deca by Babangidapikin: 8:22pm On Nov 19, 2023
cool Your phone also pick classified information about you... Oya shey you won't use it again......no privacy in the world ..

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Some Appliances You Have At Home Has Hiding Cameras— Kelechi Deca by ruggedtimi(m): 8:24pm On Nov 19, 2023
immortalcrown:
really....with a chip and camera they can send information to the sky. Hidden spy malwares and cameras are mostly use to retrieve informations on users needs for advertisement purposes.

1 Like

Re: Some Appliances You Have At Home Has Hiding Cameras— Kelechi Deca by SUPERPACK: 8:27pm On Nov 19, 2023
“If you are not paying for a product, you're not the customer; you're the product being sold.”

3 Likes

Re: Some Appliances You Have At Home Has Hiding Cameras— Kelechi Deca by Starboytwo(m): 8:44pm On Nov 19, 2023
It's true

1 Like

Re: Some Appliances You Have At Home Has Hiding Cameras— Kelechi Deca by Triplerg: 9:05pm On Nov 19, 2023
You are making sense.

1 Like

Re: Some Appliances You Have At Home Has Hiding Cameras— Kelechi Deca by immortalcrown(m): 9:18pm On Nov 19, 2023
ruggedtimi:
really....with a chip and camera they can send information to the sky. Hidden spy malwares and cameras are mostly use to retrieve informations on users needs for advertisement purposes.
How many refrigerators, microwaves and blenders have the chip, the camera and the microphone to do the job? And for what do you need those appliances connected to the internet?
Re: Some Appliances You Have At Home Has Hiding Cameras— Kelechi Deca by Natbrowny: 9:58pm On Nov 19, 2023
Poor n*ggas be like. Abeg gimme appliances and fix cctv inside. Na una sabi
Re: Some Appliances You Have At Home Has Hiding Cameras— Kelechi Deca by Ekeneegwu(m): 10:17pm On Nov 19, 2023
Beverlyjean:
Go and buy box TV if u are paranoid... technology has really advanced... people make video calls through TV ... I do too ...

Yes oo .. my tv is automatically my laptop .. surf the web and work on it so cool .. make e Dey watch me Wetin e wan see ..
Re: Some Appliances You Have At Home Has Hiding Cameras— Kelechi Deca by brain54(m): 11:51pm On Nov 19, 2023
Una done come again with another one…

(1) (2) (Reply)

My Tecno H6 Not Charging / Budget Phone Between 70k - 80k / My Tecno L5 Review! Like Power Bank.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.