Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,910 members, 7,835,044 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 02:09 AM

Atiku's Next Move To Clinch The Presidency. - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Atiku's Next Move To Clinch The Presidency. (49580 Views)

Supreme Court Ruling: Atiku's Next Step / Wike’s Revenge, Atiku’s Next Move / Atiku's Next Evidence At The Tribunal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Atiku's Next Move To Clinch The Presidency. by maasoap(m): 11:47am On Nov 22, 2023
OneCandleAway:

I don't really see anyone defeating Tinubu. Because he isn't luke Jonathan. He'll just rig himself in by manipulating the votes on the server.

When will guys believe that Nigeria has gone beyond that? If PDP and its splint factions can come together, they will defeat Tinubu and he won't be able to do anything about it.
Re: Atiku's Next Move To Clinch The Presidency. by Tajbol4splend(m): 11:48am On Nov 22, 2023
ValarDoharis:
You're talking nonsense!

Beer parlour gossip. Any coalition that does not throw Obi as presidential candidate is dead on arrival

Obi is Igbo Presidential Candidate
Re: Atiku's Next Move To Clinch The Presidency. by casualobserver: 11:49am On Nov 22, 2023
ValarDoharis:
You're talking nonsense!

Beer parlour gossip. Any coalition that does not throw Obi as presidential candidate is dead on arrival

Any coalition that throws in Obi as its presidential candidate is dead on arrival.

You won’t like to hear it but this is the truth. If you form a coalition and put Obi as presidential candidate, the northern votes will go to APC.

Let me explain this to you. Atiku is not going through all this to settle as VP to Obi. He has already been VP. Why go through all the trouble to be a VP to Obi at 80yrs? If Atiku is not going to be his VP then who in the North as VP can pull votes for OBI? The only person is Kwakwanso and Kwakwanso will never be VP to Obi. There is no other person in the North today who has the stature to take on APC in the north especially as a VP. Therefore, I hope you can see that Obi is dead on arrival because 2027 is his only chance.

Also, the north will also not want a repeat of what happened with Jonathan where they will support a southerner for 1 term and he will get there and say he wants 2 terms. Better let the south complete their 2 terms with a man they know cannot run again and will definitely support a return to the north, than introduce a new Southerner who will tell you story when it is time for the north.

The truth is Obi made an error in leaving PDP. it may have been a forced error but it was an error. He should never have left PDP. Having left PDP he has sealed his political fate….he will never be president of Nigeria. If The opposition want to dislodge Tinubu , the best chance is via Atiku. Whether they will be able to get the same 14m votes in 2027, I don’t know, whether they can truly unite, I don’t know but I do know than only Atiku can dislodge Tinubu….and even then it is no guarantee.

But one thing I do know 100% take it to the bank. Obi will never be on the list of Nigerian presidents. He is damaged goods.

You are his supporter, you voted for him and he didn’t wi. He already has your votes what you need are the votes of the people who didn’t vote for him…no be so? For us to vote for him, you have to understand how we feel about him and if that feeling can go away. Who are these “we” whose votes you need? SW and the Northern Muslim votes. I can tell for free over our dead bodies will we vote for Obi.

Obi has reached the peak he will ever get. He has picked up the easy votes but they are not enough, the ones he needs to cross the line are the ones he can never get. Let us also not forget, 2023 was a golden opportunity for PDP, there are those in the PDP that will forever resent him for damaging their chances and causing their defeat from jaws of victory by leaving the party…..exemplified by people like Reno. He is more likely to lose votes from his current base than to gain votes.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atiku's Next Move To Clinch The Presidency. by emperor863(m): 11:51am On Nov 22, 2023
Burob:
I agree it is only common sense that the presidency remains in the South come 2027, The South West can not run against itself, so the opposition has to bring a fall Guy from the South East to complete the pre determined script, & trust as usual Gringory Obi in his desperation is ready to be used as the political scape goat again.

Old boy, you're not nice at all.

grin I laugh in Yoruba

A fall guy from SE

Gringory, the political scapegoat

Nothing, absolute nothing except God (death) can prevent Tinubu from having an eight year tenure. By 2027, the PDP you see now would be in tatters, and the obidient headless mob would have been kicked out of of the LP
Re: Atiku's Next Move To Clinch The Presidency. by maasoap(m): 11:51am On Nov 22, 2023
ValarDoharis:
When we supported Atiku in 2019, you guys say we only support PDP. When we support LP in 2023, you said because Obi is Igbo.

Now you want us to go support PDP again when you daid we should not support PDP for not giving us ticket.

You guys ard confused
None of those allegations were wrong. Everyone has reasons for doing what he or she does, you just don't want to admit. PDP was your party of choice for many years until PDP denied Obi their ticket (he actually didn't wait to find out though), then you all fell out with PDP.

1 Like

Re: Atiku's Next Move To Clinch The Presidency. by Biola67: 11:51am On Nov 22, 2023
ValarDoharis:
Tinubu will pay dearly for conniving with Bubu and INEC to steal the 2023 election that Obi won. Everyone that has unjustly come against Obi met their waterloo
‘Pay dearly’ Mumu think say him family member e Dey refer too 😂😂

2 Likes

Re: Atiku's Next Move To Clinch The Presidency. by lanre316: 11:52am On Nov 22, 2023
Paraman:
Atiku should be preparing for 2031, not 2027.

Even that 2031 is not sure for him. Obi and Kwankwaso will never merge with him.
Re: Atiku's Next Move To Clinch The Presidency. by Bigchristo: 11:52am On Nov 22, 2023
zoedew:
Atiku's next move is to get all opposition parties into a merger to form ONE BIG POLITICAL PARTY so he can be fielded as its Presidential candidate.

How well can he succeed at this?
I don’t have any grudges against Atiku or PDP but this idea is not welcome, his desperation is too much Atiku should step aside and allow other people run for office he is not even comfortable living in Nigeria so why the desperation?
Re: Atiku's Next Move To Clinch The Presidency. by phemray(m): 11:52am On Nov 22, 2023
Bobloco:

Do you want us all to fold our arms and watch Tinubu rig, snatch, grab and run away with it. No!
Somebody gonna try

In 2027, Tinubu is not gonna snatch, grab and run way this time around with only votes but with with massive development and employment programs the will put Nigerian speechless b4 2027. Watch out.
Re: Atiku's Next Move To Clinch The Presidency. by Omobude244: 11:53am On Nov 22, 2023
Ivimmanuel:
I am expecting more vibrant and promising candidates to come on board. Atiku will only succeed if there's no third Force but I'm sincerely hoping either Atiku and Obi should not contest cause if they do we stalked with jagajaga
sentiment apart
APC needed to field buhari to wrestle power from PDP not because buhari is the best but because he got the numbers and followers to win election
right now, OBI have majority of southern and north central youth behind him
Atiku still control large followers in the north
kwankwaso is another person with cult followers of north west youth

a combination of any of these 3 can fight APC dirty to dirty

my suggestion though
atiku/Obi while kwankwaso goes to the senate to become senate president
or
Obi/Kwankwaso while atiku play the role of leader of the party.

2 Likes

Re: Atiku's Next Move To Clinch The Presidency. by Sannisege: 11:53am On Nov 22, 2023
ValarDoharis:
You're talking nonsense!

Obi will be the easiest candidate for Tinubu to defeat in 2027 because there’s no way the north will allow a new southerner to have the presidency which may potentially delay northern presidency for another 12 years

2 Likes

Re: Atiku's Next Move To Clinch The Presidency. by waveman2: 11:57am On Nov 22, 2023
Atiku should have realized it was the turn of the south and supported a southern presidency.He better drop his ambition and throw his support to a popular southerner,if he dares come out in 2027 he will fail woefully.

BigBlackPreek:
Atiku best chance was when Obi was his running mate prior 2023 general elections,however a miracle will be needed for the Waziri of Adamawa to be the nation's number one citizen in coming years
Re: Atiku's Next Move To Clinch The Presidency. by Whois(m): 11:57am On Nov 22, 2023
Count my vote out from next general elections If there's no prudent presidential candidate like Obi
Re: Atiku's Next Move To Clinch The Presidency. by Macphenson: 11:58am On Nov 22, 2023
maasoap:

The supports for subsidy removal didn't come from APC supporters alone, it equally came from some of Obi and Atiku supporters as well. And not all APC supporters supported subsidy removal, I'm one of them. What choice did we have when all leading candidates vowed to remove it?

Yes all leading candidates agreed to subsidy removal but did u care to check how they will go about it?

Peter Obi talked extensively about phased removal and springing up refineries. Phased removal would have been best for it.
Re: Atiku's Next Move To Clinch The Presidency. by franchasofficia: 11:59am On Nov 22, 2023
Tinubu will rule Nigeria from 2023 to 2031 and if he remains alive and wants he will get a 3rd term.

Bye bye to election in Nigeria, and in fact very soon Nigeria will become a one party state.

Tinubu has conquered Nigeria already, Atiku is a dreamer wasting his time.
Re: Atiku's Next Move To Clinch The Presidency. by waveman2: 12:00pm On Nov 22, 2023
Southerners will not give their vote to a northerner in 2027 which will make it easy for tinubu to win again.The only calculation to this is if the north will support tinubu again but if he has most states in his kitty then governor will do his bidding.

Omobude244:

sentiment apart
APC needed to field buhari to wrestle power from PDP not because buhari is the best but because he got the numbers and followers to win election

my suggestion though
or
Re: Atiku's Next Move To Clinch The Presidency. by YorubaDemonswag: 12:01pm On Nov 22, 2023
Sleekfingers:

I tire o. They keep saying Peter Obi won. Why did he win? No wonder wole soyinka called them GBAJUE

I swear
Re: Atiku's Next Move To Clinch The Presidency. by BJanta: 12:01pm On Nov 22, 2023
Paraman:
Atiku should be preparing for 2031, not 2027.

LOLZ. Only you gat it ✅.
Re: Atiku's Next Move To Clinch The Presidency. by waveman2: 12:04pm On Nov 22, 2023
It's not about coming together it's about interest.

maasoap:

When will guys believe that Nigeria has gone beyond that? If PDP and its splint factions can come together, they will defeat Tinubu and he won't be able to do anything about it.
Re: Atiku's Next Move To Clinch The Presidency. by donbuchi1(m): 12:05pm On Nov 22, 2023
Atiku should anoint Obi for 2027

Ivimmanuel:
I am expecting more vibrant and promising candidates to come on board. Atiku will only succeed if there's no third Force but I'm sincerely hoping either Atiku and Obi should not contest cause if they do we stalked with jagajaga
Re: Atiku's Next Move To Clinch The Presidency. by ShootThemAll(m): 12:06pm On Nov 22, 2023
ValarDoharis:
You're talking nonsense!

100% TRUE! ANY MERGER WITHOUT PETER GREGORY OBI AS THE PRESIDENTIAL CANDIDATE WON'T FLY AT ALL...

1 Like

Re: Atiku's Next Move To Clinch The Presidency. by Obierika(m): 12:07pm On Nov 22, 2023
johnmartus:
We igbos will vote Atiku Abubakar in after Tinubucomplete his 8 years.

You and who?!
Re: Atiku's Next Move To Clinch The Presidency. by benjaminlawson(m): 12:08pm On Nov 22, 2023
Burob:
Just shows your gross ignorance, the PIA Act signed into law in August 2021removed Petroleum subsidy June 2023, why do you think President Tinubu in his inaugural speech said that no provisions of the previous government for petroleum subsidy was included in the handover?

Just as usual you passed a law of legislation, then turn around to blame someone else?

You also exhibited your ignorance on subsidy, a God fearing and lover of her citizens will first consider the implication of their action. Even with PIA you claim, buhari extend the subsidy till the end of June after his tenure. What stops emilokan to make other supplement budget to cover another six months, or even why must he stop it in May when the appropriation act covers June. That apart, those of you that say no appropriation for the rest of the year, the question is, is there appropriation for renovation of houses in Lagos where they are not even stay, is there appropriation for cars, is there appropriation for yacht? Since he can make supplementary budget for all these, why cant he make the same for the subsidy which is only benefit the masses enjoy from our maximum rulers. This will make the memory of our blessed former leader Yaradua linger in our memory as good leader, when Obasanjo wanted to hand our power to him he increase fuel price, but people's leader he is, brought back the price when he assumed power.
Re: Atiku's Next Move To Clinch The Presidency. by Obierika(m): 12:10pm On Nov 22, 2023
Omobude244:

sentiment apart

my suggestion though
or

God forbid!

Peter Obi will never be running mate to Atiku again, NEVER!
Re: Atiku's Next Move To Clinch The Presidency. by benzion72(m): 12:11pm On Nov 22, 2023
Atiku should go and sleep, all parties including PDP should rally behind a South East candidate. And Obi is the best option. I am from Osun

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Atiku's Next Move To Clinch The Presidency. by Iceberg3: 12:12pm On Nov 22, 2023
Obj alone knows the "strong" thing he did to Atiku and Ghalli Na'abba.
Re: Atiku's Next Move To Clinch The Presidency. by Obierika(m): 12:14pm On Nov 22, 2023
alimiadedayo1:

so who do you think PDP should give their ticket.. stop deceiving yourself if Atiku leaves PDP today that is the end of PdP

Atiku has left PDP on two different occassions before yet the party did not die.

Let him leave abeg, he's not the only one qualified to be president in PDP...very selfish human being!
Re: Atiku's Next Move To Clinch The Presidency. by Omobude244: 12:15pm On Nov 22, 2023
waveman2:
Southerners will not give their vote to a northerner in 2027 which will make it easy for tinubu to win again.The only calculation to this is if the north will support tinubu again but if he has most states in his kitty then governor will do his bidding.

northerners will not vote a fresh southern candidate in 2027 when they know that power will goes to them in 2031 if they vote APC instead of voting a fresh southern candidate and waiting for another 8yrs.
best bet, Tinubu continues or Obi deputize Atiku in 2027.

1 Like

Re: Atiku's Next Move To Clinch The Presidency. by Impliment: 12:16pm On Nov 22, 2023
It can only succeed if Atiku will not be the presidential candidate. He is not a unifier. Only interested in grabbing power. He didn't suppose contest 2023 presidential election. Had it been he supported Obi, honestly, PDP would have been in power today. I guess Atiku is looking for an avenue to get to power having destabilize PDP.
Re: Atiku's Next Move To Clinch The Presidency. by Svoboda(m): 12:16pm On Nov 22, 2023
maasoap:

Atiku cant unite the opposition. Apga wont be in that coalition. Labour party is currently on life support and will become a shadow of itself by 2027. Apc is just an opposition to itself because some pdp govs are in line with asiwaju.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Nigerian Airforce Confirms Plane Crash Near Kaduna International Airport / See Governor Ambode’s Bulletproof Cars / Bola Tinubu Pictured With Gbemi Saraki

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.