Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,251 members, 7,860,579 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 12:55 PM

Whether You Are Religious Or Not, We All Can Agree On This. - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Whether You Are Religious Or Not, We All Can Agree On This. (1152 Views)

Poverty Is Why Many People Are Religious And Churchy - Reno Omokri / All Men Can Hear From God Irrespective Of Being Religious Or Not / Things That Religious Or Church People Do To Medical Doctors . (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Whether You Are Religious Or Not, We All Can Agree On This. by triplechoice(m): 5:10pm On Nov 25, 2023
Kepukepu:
Again, you are still struggling to grasp the difference between intelligence and critical thinking.

Who is now talking about the difference between intelligence and critical thinking if not you ? And how does that even concern me?

Focus on the op and stop deflecting.

I ask again ,

Is the critical facutjy skills of the president of the United States , and others like him ,not fully developed to make them embrace a religion ?

You cannot answer because you don't even understand your own op
Re: Whether You Are Religious Or Not, We All Can Agree On This. by Aemmyjah(m): 5:15pm On Nov 25, 2023
triplechoice:

Who is now talking about the difference between intelligence and critical thinking if not you ? And how does that even concern me?

I ask again ,

Is the critical facutjy skills of the president of the United States , and others like him ,not fully develooed to make him embrace a religion ?

💯
Re: Whether You Are Religious Or Not, We All Can Agree On This. by LordReed(m): 5:52pm On Nov 25, 2023
Aemmyjah:

The other answer would mean his head is 'not correct'
😂

LoLz. What is not correct is your repeated attempts to strawman and no matter how many times you are corrected you still say the same strawman nonsense. Really demonstrates who's head may not be correct.
Re: Whether You Are Religious Or Not, We All Can Agree On This. by MaxInDHouse(m): 5:54pm On Nov 25, 2023
Aemmyjah:

The other answer would mean his head is 'not correct' 😂

So if the human brain with it's superb storage ability doesn't come be chance then atheism is DEAD because that simply means there is an intelligent designer behind what we have now. undecided
Re: Whether You Are Religious Or Not, We All Can Agree On This. by Aemmyjah(m): 6:02pm On Nov 25, 2023
LordReed:

LoLz. What is not correct is your repeated attempts to strawman and no matter how many times you are corrected you still say the same strawman nonsense. Really demonstrates who's head may not be correct.

It was you that said your brain is not a product of an accident grin

Bwahahahahaha

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Whether You Are Religious Or Not, We All Can Agree On This. by LordReed(m): 6:29pm On Nov 25, 2023
Aemmyjah:

It was you that said your brain is not a product of an accident grin

Bwahahahahaha

Of course it isn't but it doesn't stop you from attempting to make strawmen has it. LoLz.

If I ask you now to show me any place I said that my brain is the result of an accident, you'll start fumbling and mumbling.
Re: Whether You Are Religious Or Not, We All Can Agree On This. by Aemmyjah(m): 7:42pm On Nov 25, 2023
LordReed:

Of course it isn't but it doesn't stop you from attempting to make strawmen has it. LoLz.

If I ask you now to show me any place I said that my brain is the result of an accident, you'll start fumbling and mumbling.

Reread my last comment
Re: Whether You Are Religious Or Not, We All Can Agree On This. by paxonel(m): 1:41am On Nov 26, 2023
Kepukepu:
Religion is based upon dogma - therefore one is encouraged to have faith in the unexaminable.

“Faith”, by definition, is the acceptance of a concept in the face of conflicting evidence or no evidence at all.”

Does that sound like “critical thinking” to you?
no!
Not all religion are based on dogma.
Christianity isn't based on dogma.

And by the way, who defined Faith this wsy for you?
Re: Whether You Are Religious Or Not, We All Can Agree On This. by LordReed(m): 4:43am On Nov 26, 2023
Aemmyjah:

Reread my last comment

Reread mine.
Re: Whether You Are Religious Or Not, We All Can Agree On This. by Kepukepu: 5:44am On Nov 26, 2023
paxonel:
no!
Not all religion are based on dogma.
Christianity isn't based on dogma.

And by the way, who defined Faith this wsy for you?
Do I need to define dogma for you?

Are you proving me right that religion attracts the least thinkers?
Re: Whether You Are Religious Or Not, We All Can Agree On This. by Kepukepu: 5:46am On Nov 26, 2023
triplechoice:

I ask again ,

Is the critical facutjy skills of the president of the United States , and others like him ,not fully developed to make them embrace a religion ?

Again, religion attracts the least thinkers. And not the least intelligent.

The president of United States is not necessarily the best thinker in United States. As a matter of fact, the best thinkers in the society usually do not engage in politics. They are usually in the background solving problems. I don't know why this is hard for you to grasp
Re: Whether You Are Religious Or Not, We All Can Agree On This. by Dtruthspeaker: 5:53am On Nov 26, 2023
LordReed:

LoLz. A fireman allowing his son to go save people is not killing his son for their sins so yeah you are the one with the fallacious analogy....

Exactly! God never killed His Son. case closed No Road! Inspite of all your twisting and mad overstretching, you still lose.
Satan'sseed! Hahahahahahahahaha.
Re: Whether You Are Religious Or Not, We All Can Agree On This. by paxonel(m): 6:56am On Nov 26, 2023
Kepukepu:
Do I need to define dogma for you?
I didn't ask for definition of dogma.
Your definition of Faith as the acceptance of a concept in the face of conflicting evidence or no evidence at all.”isn't a reference from any dictionary .
Or do you have any dictionary that said so?
Post it here

Are you proving me right that religion attracts the least thinkers?
certainly!
Religion attract least thinkers.

So is atheism too!
Re: Whether You Are Religious Or Not, We All Can Agree On This. by orisa37: 7:18am On Nov 26, 2023
THINK AND REASON BELIEFS IS RELIGION.

THINK THEORIES AND ABSTRACTS IS ATHEISM.

RELIGION AND ATHEISM IS PHILOSOPHY.

PHILOSOPHY IS THINKING AND REASONING.
Re: Whether You Are Religious Or Not, We All Can Agree On This. by LordReed(m): 8:17am On Nov 26, 2023
Dtruthspeaker:

Exactly! God never killed His Son. case closed No Road! Inspite of all your twisting and mad overstretching, you still lose.
Satan'sseed! Hahahahahahahahaha.

My question didn't say the god killed his son so no road for you. LMAO!
Re: Whether You Are Religious Or Not, We All Can Agree On This. by triplechoice(m): 1:10pm On Nov 26, 2023
Kepukepu:
Again, religion attracts the least thinkers. And not the least intelligent.
I have not said it attracts the least intelligent . You are the one now saying so ,and keep repeating it like a bot in order to run away from responding critically to my counter argument .

The only time I made use of that word ,intelligent , in my initial response , was when I hastily typed, intelligent instead of thinker . an obvious mistake which I already explained . But assuming it wasn't even that , were you blind to the fact it was placed in quotes ?

If you really know what it means to place a word in quotation marks ,it's obvious you don't , you would have known better not to interprete it literally. You should have asked me first if you were confused and not sure why I placed it in quotes or look at the surrounding context to make you understand I was actually referring to the same thing, "least thinkers " , your own expression ,and easily spot the typo.

Unfortunately, you are still stuck with that and continue to use it to reply unthinkingly that you , not me ,cannot differentiate between the two .

Is the op on the difference between least thinker and least intelligent ,Mr critical thinker ?

Ok, prove to me and anyone following that based on what I argued that my inability to know the difference between the two terms is why I have misunderstood the op .

Prove my wrong If you can and I will shut up forever . If you cannot ,them shame on you .

Bring what I have argued and use it to prove your accusation .

I'm waiting .

The president of United States is not necessarily the best thinker in United States. As a matter of fact, the best thinkers in the society usually do not engage in politics. They are usually in the background solving problems. I don't know why this is hard for you to grasp

And where did I use the word ,best thinker to describe him ? I only asked you if he lacks the capacity to think critically but you have turned it to "best thinker " Go back to reread my initial response and confirm for yourself .

It's clear to me your imagination is already running riot . Please take charge of it and stop putting words in my mouth .

You argued that religion attracts the "least thinkers" ,those who lack the ability to think critically , and I countered that by saying it also attract the "highest thinkers" everywhere . And I explained why, but you ignored it so you can continue to hold on to the falsehood that religion only attracts the least thinkers .

The evidence that is out there is that religion attracts all manner of persons from the "least to the highest thinkers"

You are a typical atheist who is only willing to see things from your own perspective and that's why you blind to this obvious fact which everyone knows .

FYI, I'm not a theist and I'm saying this because I already can sense that you think I'm one and hence want to do everything to win an argument even to the extent of using sheer humbug, believing I won't be able to detect . You failed already and woefully .

I'm not interested if you cannot respond to what I have said against the topic initially . I don't completely agree with it and have given reasons . Deal with that .
Re: Whether You Are Religious Or Not, We All Can Agree On This. by triplechoice(m): 5:42pm On Nov 26, 2023
Kepukepu:
. As a matter of fact, the best thinkers in the society usually do not engage in politics. They are usually in the background solving problems. I don't know why this is hard for you to grasp

I prefer to respond to the above irrational talk separately here .

You said,

That "as a matter of fact the best thinkers usually do not engage in politics ? Who tells you that ?

And you ended it arrogantly with "why is it hard for you to grasp"

Imagine the nonsense talk coming from someone who cannot defend his own op or even know what politics is .

SMH

If you say the "best thinkers" don't usually engage in politics ,then tell me, who are the people formulating the policies for the effective governance of any given country especially in societies that highly organised , where nearly everything is running perfectly well .

See what I mean ? You want to use deceptive argument to hold on to your falsehood. It has failed again .

If you don't know what politics is because you never hard the opportunity of studying government in secondary school ,please go read it up and get better informed .

Some of the finest thinkers humanity has ever had were into politics , political theorist who came up with ideas to guide political thought .

Karl max,Jonh Locke, Adam Smith ,Plato ,Hegel,,Heidegger and others both in the ancient and modern times .

Political scientist are the brainbox of politics and you say the "best thinkers" don't usually engage in it ?

Every field of human endeavor has a vital role to play in any given society to makes things run smoothly.

Politics is very important and that's why it will always attract the "best thinkers" just like any other field .

And if those who engage in politics don't come up with effective ways to manage and organise their societies ,there would complete breakdown of law and order . .

It is not a compulsory that you contest in an election before it is siad you are engaging in politics . It's what I think you don't know

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Merry Christmas to all Nairalanders / Any Christian On This Board? / The Bible Says "do Not Wear Clothes Of Mixed Fabric"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.