Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,215 members, 7,829,358 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 04:44 AM

Ekiti First Ring Road Project, Game Changer In My Devt Plan, Says Oyebanji - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ekiti First Ring Road Project, Game Changer In My Devt Plan, Says Oyebanji (27201 Views)

Governor Oyebanji Pays Courtesy Visit To His Wife, Ekiti First Lady / Ekiti First Lady Welcomes First Baby Of The Year, Donates Gifts To Triplets / Meet Olubunmi Adelugba, Ekiti's First Female Speaker (Full Profile) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ekiti First Ring Road Project, Game Changer In My Devt Plan, Says Oyebanji by AngelGabbyShara(m): 11:24am On Nov 25, 2023
Ekiti First Ring Road Project, Game Changer in My Devt Plan, Says Oyebanji

The Governor of Ekiti State, Biodun Oyebanji, on Friday flagged off the construction of the first Ring Road Project in the state, saying the project when completed will change the face of development and traffic management in the state.

Oyebanji stated this in Iworoko Ekiti, Irepodun/Ifelodun Local Government Area of the state, while flagging off the construction of Ado Ekiti Ring Road Phase 1.

Describing the project as first of its kind in State Policy thrust , Oyebanji revealed that the road, which will link Iworoko to the Ekiti State International Cargo Airport in Ado Ekiti and the Ekiti knowledge zone, will traverse Iworoko, Are, Afao, Araromi Obo, Igbogun and terminate at Aso Ayegunle and Ijan Ekiti area.

Explaining the importance of the road, the Governor, said the concept will help in decongesting Ado Ekiti metropolis that is daily being jam-packed with heavy trucks plying Lagos- Ibadan-Ado- Lokoja Abuja Highway, thereby causing traffic snarl and constituting a serious agony to commuters.

"This project when completed will put an end to a long time of pain being witnessed on some strategic roads in our state. This is a testament to the gains of continuity. It was first awarded by Governor Kayode Fayemi, but the contractor could not mobilise to site due to the outbreak of Coronavirus.

"But the project was made possible today because the electorate voted for our party, so this is a beauty of continuity. If we have been doing this, we would have gone beyond this level . Any state where you witness development, it means they have a government that has the privilege of serving back- to- back and enjoy the opportunity of sustaining their policies like they are doing in Lagos .

"This road will enhance trade and commerce ,promote tourism and facilitate easy movement of agricultural products.It is a game changer, so the contractor needs your support. I know that our people are hospitable.

"I appeal to you to join hands with the contractor to deliver quality job. Don't disturb them, this could stop them from finishing on time. The beauty of it is that in my discussion with Craneburg Company leadership, they assured that labour will be sourced locally and whoever that is employed as a worker should be ready to work.

"The local Contents bill is in the State House of Assembly and when passed into law will mandate all contractors to source their labour locally.

Oyebanji further revealed the proposition of his government to acquire vast portion of lands at the Ekiti State Cargo Airport area to execute suburban development plan that will create a prototype of Ado Ekiti town to attract investors to the state.

Speaking about the centrality of the project, the Commissioner for Works, Mr. Sola Adebayo, said with the ring road, there is no reason for commuters to pass through Ado Ekiti before reaching some destinations in the state. This, he said, will reduce the persistent agony of traffic logjam in the state capital.

Adebayo stated that the government considered the project a priority because it will service the Cargo Airport, Ekiti knowledge Zone and tertiary institutions like the Federal Polytechnic and Afe Babalola University, Ado Ekiti.

"This will bring a significant transformation to the development of the state and it is a symbol that Governor Oyebanji places priority on the people by way of reducing traffic hold up to the bearest minimal.

"Let me restate that this government is committed to transparency and accountability in the award of projects and this shall be strictly followed in the execution of this project. We will ensure that quality job is delivered and compliance to standard is followed".

The General Manager, Corporate Services, Craneburg Construction Company, the contractor handling the project, Mr. Elie Adem, exuded confidence that it won't betray the trust reposed in the company's expertise and technical know- how in delivering the best for the state.

Adem appealed to the state government and communities where the road would touch to support the company to deliver in record time.

Saluting the industry and thoughtfulness of Governor Oyebanji for the choice of the site, the Grand Patron, Iworoko Progressive Union, Chief Julius Ajayi, disclosed that the project will attract huge commerce and industry to the axis and the entire state in general .

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=pfbid02H1SGXJsyVRu7exo6k8Xbs3x17xmLHWSirz22AV2Rfccob9DbRg3bxs3dwme8qRWCl&id=100069437032705&mibextid=Nif5oz

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ekiti First Ring Road Project, Game Changer In My Devt Plan, Says Oyebanji by LikeAking: 11:26am On Nov 25, 2023
I never hear of dis governor b4..

How will this ring road drag Ekiti state people out of poverty.

Government must build cottage industries and provide 247 electricity.

109 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Ekiti First Ring Road Project, Game Changer In My Devt Plan, Says Oyebanji by money121(m): 11:27am On Nov 25, 2023
First Ring Road Project grin grin

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ekiti First Ring Road Project, Game Changer In My Devt Plan, Says Oyebanji by Optimum2023: 11:35am On Nov 25, 2023
Every Nigerian ought to own a portion of the Federal Capital Territory. Abuja is our common heritage as Nigerian citizens.

The good thing is, Land no cost for Abuja, Na you wan buy am for Maitama. Even sef, Land no even cost for Maitama, Na you no buy am on time.

For as low as 800k, you can become a Landlord in Abuja. Don't take my word for it, you can click this LINK to see for yourself.

1 Like

Re: Ekiti First Ring Road Project, Game Changer In My Devt Plan, Says Oyebanji by Marketgists(f): 11:44am On Nov 25, 2023
Munn
Re: Ekiti First Ring Road Project, Game Changer In My Devt Plan, Says Oyebanji by Amotolongbo(f): 11:48am On Nov 25, 2023
LikeAking:

You must have been away from nairaland for quite a while or just joined today cos the governor appears more on Nairaland than Nairaland logo. ๐Ÿ˜€
The PR for the governor is too much here mehn

35 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Ekiti First Ring Road Project, Game Changer In My Devt Plan, Says Oyebanji by Alaigbo(m): 12:42pm On Nov 25, 2023
If you claim this one appear more on NL what will you now say about the failure n bastard Alex Otti.

Amotolongbo:
You must have been away from nairaland for quite a while or just joined today cos the governor appears more on Nairaland than Nairaland logo. ๐Ÿ˜€

53 Likes

Re: Ekiti First Ring Road Project, Game Changer In My Devt Plan, Says Oyebanji by Benwallt(m): 12:59pm On Nov 25, 2023
LikeAking:

How many cottage industries do you have in your state? Terrorist

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ekiti First Ring Road Project, Game Changer In My Devt Plan, Says Oyebanji by Benwallt(m): 1:01pm On Nov 25, 2023
Alaigbo:
If you claim this one appear more on NL what will you now say about the failure n bastard Alex Otti.

Too harsh
Re: Ekiti First Ring Road Project, Game Changer In My Devt Plan, Says Oyebanji by tollyboy5(m): 2:02pm On Nov 25, 2023
Amotolongbo:
I use to think your moniker starts with "O". Your now pics look older than one i think i use to see
Re: Ekiti First Ring Road Project, Game Changer In My Devt Plan, Says Oyebanji by TANID(m): 2:22pm On Nov 25, 2023
LikeAking:
Re: Ekiti First Ring Road Project, Game Changer In My Devt Plan, Says Oyebanji by bestman09(m): 7:24pm On Nov 25, 2023
Hope he's ready to complete the project. It's not about starting a gigantic project so that big kickback will be deducted, it's about finishing it to avoid waste.

3 Likes

Re: Ekiti First Ring Road Project, Game Changer In My Devt Plan, Says Oyebanji by Thundafireseun: 7:25pm On Nov 25, 2023
Very very funny

Buh I no wan laugh before Una say I don start

6 Likes

Re: Ekiti First Ring Road Project, Game Changer In My Devt Plan, Says Oyebanji by ipobarecriminals: 7:26pm On Nov 25, 2023
sad
Re: Ekiti First Ring Road Project, Game Changer In My Devt Plan, Says Oyebanji by ipobarecriminals: 7:26pm On Nov 25, 2023
sad lipsrsealed undecided this people and their SCAM. RING ROAD and CARGO as if there's NO AIRPORT in Akure wic is 25 minutes drive from Ado Ekiti.Wetin the state wan use CARGO do undecided.To transport yam,cocoa grin? Does those korope ๐ŸšŒ needs RING ROAD sad? OYEBANJI,we greet u from Pa Biden country sad

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ekiti First Ring Road Project, Game Changer In My Devt Plan, Says Oyebanji by Wealthoptulent(m): 7:26pm On Nov 25, 2023
Re: Ekiti First Ring Road Project, Game Changer In My Devt Plan, Says Oyebanji by Flame333: 7:26pm On Nov 25, 2023
Re: Ekiti First Ring Road Project, Game Changer In My Devt Plan, Says Oyebanji by CJStarz: 7:29pm On Nov 25, 2023
Amotolongbo:
My brother,no offenses,but honestly I've never heard about this Governor before. I always hear of Sanwo Olu,Adeleke and Akeredolu, though I am a Nairaland addict,sort of.
Had to read again to see the state he governs.
His PR aren't doing him any good just like those of Okezie Ikpeazu, that's why the good deeds he performed in Abia were not known unlike Otti now who has a battalion of good PR team on every social media platform.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ekiti First Ring Road Project, Game Changer In My Devt Plan, Says Oyebanji by SoNature(m): 7:29pm On Nov 25, 2023
Why do politicians throw parties to kick off a project? undecided
Re: Ekiti First Ring Road Project, Game Changer In My Devt Plan, Says Oyebanji by RepoMan007: 7:29pm On Nov 25, 2023
Hmmm. Visionless vision.
Re: Ekiti First Ring Road Project, Game Changer In My Devt Plan, Says Oyebanji by GoodRocks: 7:29pm On Nov 25, 2023
Ekiti, kogi, Ogun, osun and taraba are the most useless states in Nigeria.

The fact Tinubu got more votes from these states even made it more useless

9 Likes

Re: Ekiti First Ring Road Project, Game Changer In My Devt Plan, Says Oyebanji by datola: 7:31pm On Nov 25, 2023
How is first ring road in Ekiti an achievement

This people will do one small project with big money and call it achievement.

I saw today SanwoOlu's train around Iganmu. It's just a 3 coach train. Like 3 BRT buses joined together on top of billions o!

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ekiti First Ring Road Project, Game Changer In My Devt Plan, Says Oyebanji by happney65: 7:31pm On Nov 25, 2023
Let the name calling start.

Go

Eyin werey cheesy
Re: Ekiti First Ring Road Project, Game Changer In My Devt Plan, Says Oyebanji by CJStarz: 7:31pm On Nov 25, 2023
Benwallt:

Too harsh
The mumu only wanted an attention. U should have just ignored him.

8 Likes

Re: Ekiti First Ring Road Project, Game Changer In My Devt Plan, Says Oyebanji by COMPAQ(m): 7:32pm On Nov 25, 2023
AngelGabbyShara:

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=pfbid02H1SGXJsyVRu7exo6k8Xbs3x17xmLHWSirz22AV2Rfccob9DbRg3bxs3dwme8qRWCl&id=100069437032705&mibextid=Nif5oz

Erhm.... How much traffic can there possibly be in Ado Ekiti!!?

1 Like

Re: Ekiti First Ring Road Project, Game Changer In My Devt Plan, Says Oyebanji by seguno2: 7:33pm On Nov 25, 2023
AngelGabbyShara:

Development plan game changer that doesnโ€™t include teaching all students in free schools?

Is the governor even a Yoruba person despite wearing Awolowoโ€™s progressive cap
Re: Ekiti First Ring Road Project, Game Changer In My Devt Plan, Says Oyebanji by Pootle: 7:33pm On Nov 25, 2023
na during services i know say most of the state created are not fit to be called a state, many are too under developed and generate nothing as IGR, that state capital be like one local govt area for lagos, most state na just a verse stretch of empty land undecided

5 Likes

Re: Ekiti First Ring Road Project, Game Changer In My Devt Plan, Says Oyebanji by Padipadi(m): 7:33pm On Nov 25, 2023
Poor project. The project govs do in Nigeria is not industrial based. It's mostly consumption n expenditure based. Not productive ones.
Doing projects that generated income aids development.

3 Likes

Re: Ekiti First Ring Road Project, Game Changer In My Devt Plan, Says Oyebanji by Mokason288(m): 7:34pm On Nov 25, 2023
Thundafireseun:
Very very funny

Buh I no wan laugh before Una say I don start

You are very very correct sir

1 Like

Re: Ekiti First Ring Road Project, Game Changer In My Devt Plan, Says Oyebanji by COMPAQ(m): 7:35pm On Nov 25, 2023
COMPAQ:

Erhm.... How much traffic can there possibly be in Ado Ekiti!!?

Nigerian governors need to be a lot more creative! This bandwagon thing isn't helping.
Once one governor did fly over, all governors are doing flyover!
One governors does airport, all of them want to do airport!
One governor does ring road, all governors want to do ring road!
The shallowness of our leaders is shocking!!!

1 Like

Re: Ekiti First Ring Road Project, Game Changer In My Devt Plan, Says Oyebanji by omooba969(m): 7:35pm On Nov 25, 2023
๐Ÿ˜‚
Re: Ekiti First Ring Road Project, Game Changer In My Devt Plan, Says Oyebanji by Blaze14k: 7:38pm On Nov 25, 2023
The greatest achievement a governor can have is build road.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Dele Momodu Celebrates 55th Birthday With Wife And Children (photos) / Ibrahim Babangida: Nobody Will Read My Biography Because Of My Past / Students Kick As Osinbajo Visits OAU For Convocation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.