Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,314 members, 7,864,500 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 07:25 PM

Why Do The Poor Have More Children Than The Rich - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Do The Poor Have More Children Than The Rich (779 Views)

My Wife Can't Have Children But My Ex Bore Me A Son And Now I Need More Children / Why Do Aboki People Give Birth To Male Children Than Female Children / Poor Men Love Big Breasts, The Rich Prefer Them Smaller –study (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do The Poor Have More Children Than The Rich by Theopneustos: 9:32pm On Nov 25, 2023
Good day nairalanders

I would like to ask,why is it that the poor have more children than the rich man?

Opinions are welcome...
Re: Why Do The Poor Have More Children Than The Rich by immortalcrown(m): 9:34pm On Nov 25, 2023
Sex is the only leisure most of the poor people can afford.

One Economics textbook I read in my senior secondary classes says, "A poor man who has no money for clubbing sees his wife as his only source of pleasure". The text book brand is either "Comprehensive Economics" or "Intensive Economics". I can't remember the exact title. In that textbook, the statement I quoted above is made under the topic of overpopulation.

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Do The Poor Have More Children Than The Rich by tnerro1(m): 9:35pm On Nov 25, 2023
Mostly northerners tongue
Re: Why Do The Poor Have More Children Than The Rich by slimjohn2k5: 9:51pm On Nov 25, 2023
because sex is the place u pour out poverty frustration.

The rich are busy planning n have no time for sex.

5 Likes

Re: Why Do The Poor Have More Children Than The Rich by KingDash09(m): 10:05pm On Nov 25, 2023
If poor man born 10 kids
Atleast 3 must rich

Thank God I’m an only child🙌

1 Like

Re: Why Do The Poor Have More Children Than The Rich by Mhizzard(m): 10:12pm On Nov 25, 2023
Imagine,a family of present day have 9 children

3 Likes

Re: Why Do The Poor Have More Children Than The Rich by Freelancerr(m): 10:16pm On Nov 25, 2023
The rich choose to make money as part of their hobbies,
While the poor choose sex.

4 Likes

Re: Why Do The Poor Have More Children Than The Rich by pansophist(m): 12:01am On Nov 26, 2023
Rich people have more perception of responsibility. They know what it takes to raise a child, and that includes your time and parenting duty, not just money. Hence the wealthy don't have many kids, because they know what it would take from them.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do The Poor Have More Children Than The Rich by 1Sharon(f): 12:44am On Nov 26, 2023
Being poor/rich isn't just a financial situation. It's a mindset too.

Poor people are usually less exposed and unintelligent. They don't grasp child spacing or planning for the future.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do The Poor Have More Children Than The Rich by Fahvvy: 3:20am On Nov 26, 2023
The poor believes that one of their child has been "destined" by God to take them out of poverty grin...

And so they believe that the more children they have, the higher their chances of coming out of poverty fast cheesy...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Do The Poor Have More Children Than The Rich by CaveAdullam: 10:11am On Nov 26, 2023
Both the rich and poor reproduce for the sole purpose of survival and continuation in the genetic pool.

The goal of all living species is to survive into future generations. Hence, you see both plants and animals having features, behaviors, or structures to enable this.

Survival and reproduction can't happen if the organism lacks the resources and environment necessary for it. So, every struggle is geared toward attaining the facilities and materials; structures, and behaviors for that purpose.

Reproduction is a game of gambling to the poor man. He lacks the basics to ensure his survival and the survival of his kids.

So what does the poor man do? Reproduce as many kids as possible. Why?

Should in case one child die in childhood, other kids can still have a chance to survive till adulthood and reproduce.

Also, the child who survives and by chance becomes successful and resourceful can help his poor family.

Remember: the point is to pass genes and remain in the genetic pool.

Those alive today, are because of their ability to carry their ancestral gene from yester years. Ditto for those who will be alive in the next 100, 1000, 1 million years from now.

Reproduction is not a game of gambling for the rich because they have the resources and have optimized the environment necessary for their survival and that of their children.

Instead of having many children, and scattering resources, they have fewer kids and expend the resources on them. Doing so guarantees that the children will grow into adulthood and be able to reproduce kids who will continue to spread their genes and make their ancestral line relevant in the genetic pool.

Of course, with every rule there are exceptions. However, exceptions prove the rule. In this case:

Some poor people reproduce fewer kids. Because raising many kids without the necessary basics is despair. Rather, they try their possible best to invest in only 2, 3, or 4 kids.

Some rich people reproduce many kids because they have the resources to take care of them.

There is no amount of education you can offer a poor man to erase his sexual desires: to have sex and to reproduce. In matters of biology, it's all about survival. Except by his volition, he chooses not to. Or, he is an eunuch by will or circumstance. Ditto for the woman.

Also, there are always problems that pervade society as a result of kids not being properly taken care of. And most of these kids are from poor homes. To curtail these negative impacts in our society, the government and people must put in place, the right resources necessary for survival and prosperous living.

Note: these thoughts are neither deliberate nor conscious. The poor man doesn't sit down and say he wants plenty of children. The rich man doesn't sit down and say he wants fewer kids.
It comes down to human evolutionary wiring. It's a human biological imperative. It just happens.
This doesn't mean that human intellect has no role to play - which are the decisions we make when we hit the road.

Thanks.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do The Poor Have More Children Than The Rich by Starboytwo(m): 10:28am On Nov 26, 2023
May God help me, I desire only 1 kid. Or 2, so he/she will have a confidant...

3 and above is just extra work.
Re: Why Do The Poor Have More Children Than The Rich by MSN1(m): 11:33am On Nov 26, 2023
Theopneustos:
Good day nairalanders

I would like to ask,why is it that the poor have more children than the rich man?

Opinions are welcome...
because dey are foolish and dats y dey will remain in poverty.
Re: Why Do The Poor Have More Children Than The Rich by Paramount01(m): 11:38am On Nov 26, 2023
Theopneustos:
Good day nairalanders

Opinions are welcome...

Go and read your ss1 Economics textbook causes of over population.you will see the reason there
Re: Why Do The Poor Have More Children Than The Rich by excanny: 12:45pm On Nov 26, 2023
More free time to forck
Re: Why Do The Poor Have More Children Than The Rich by Exceed15: 3:07pm On Nov 26, 2023
Because they have poor mentality.

(1) (Reply)

Is Anything Out Of Bounds? / What Is The Effect Of First Love / Is It True?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.