Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,666 members, 7,816,719 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:54 PM

As A Husband, "Before You Ask Your Wife What Are You Bringing To The Table". - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / As A Husband, "Before You Ask Your Wife What Are You Bringing To The Table". (24515 Views)

Should A Wife Wait For Her Husband Before She Eats Or She Should Eat Alone? / I'm Tired Of My Wife, What Do I Do? / I Beat My Wife. What Would You Have Done Differently In My Situation? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: As A Husband, "Before You Ask Your Wife What Are You Bringing To The Table". by AgentGoat: 10:18pm On Nov 27, 2023
Simp and his sense are soon parted.

7 Likes

Re: As A Husband, "Before You Ask Your Wife What Are You Bringing To The Table". by airsaylongcome: 10:18pm On Nov 27, 2023
BRATISLAVA:

If you don't want the lecture you could try to give birth to a baby yourself. And nurture it. Then tell us what you are bringing to the table while doing all that.

Brati, nothing against motherhood. But the OP coming to tell us stories of how they sliced someone's abdomen open blah blah blah is bunkum for me. I've seen soldiers brought from the battle field, operated on without anesthesia in bone wrenching pain. So all that talk of abdomen sliced open is waffling

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: As A Husband, "Before You Ask Your Wife What Are You Bringing To The Table". by BRATISLAVA: 10:19pm On Nov 27, 2023
RingRoadCartel:

The child is the compensation.

For men who are capable and reasonable, they get their wives push gifts.

The child is not the compensation.

From the initial post, he is asking why you ask what a woman is bringing to the table, when she is not given any compensation for birthing your children. It means she is doing it as a free service.

A birth gift is not the price of a child. How is that considered reasonable?

But the child is something that is brought to the table. And it is priceless.

More valuable than your crude.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: As A Husband, "Before You Ask Your Wife What Are You Bringing To The Table". by occfx: 10:19pm On Nov 27, 2023
Rich4god:
Am lending my voice to this thread
https://www.nairaland.com/7922406/wife-why-life-women-complicated#127165126

A couple of days back, my wife put to bed using CS. Initially we had a baby before, I a know how complicated and painful the pregnancy and childbirth was.

Now I was in the theatre during the CS and I saw first hand how someone's abdomen was sliced open and the baby pulled out. I also saw how doctors were putting their hands into someone's abdomen and how they finally stitched her up. It wasn't an easy sight to behold. Right now, she's recovering, but the pain she's passing through is much.

To me, this is the highest form of sacrifice that someone can give for the family.

So to the men and husband out there..... before you ask your wife to be "what she is bringing to table", kindly think about the sacrifice they make in bringing your children to the world.

I no dey ask that stupid question... Why you no check your table before marrying her. You dey find who go bring something come for your miserable table

2 Likes

Re: As A Husband, "Before You Ask Your Wife What Are You Bringing To The Table". by jmoore(m): 10:20pm On Nov 27, 2023
Surrogacy exits.

If you died on the road by car accident, will your wife train that baby with stories?

1 Like

Re: As A Husband, "Before You Ask Your Wife What Are You Bringing To The Table". by EconFinance: 10:20pm On Nov 27, 2023
BlaqFaze:
Simp wan lecture us

Lmao

The kind of men that the world is breeding these days is really worrisome
That's all I'm gonna say on the matter

10 Likes

Re: As A Husband, "Before You Ask Your Wife What Are You Bringing To The Table". by loswhite(m): 10:22pm On Nov 27, 2023
Rich4god:

A couple of days back, my wife put to bed using CS. Initially we had a baby before, I a know how complicated and painful the pregnancy and childbirth was.

Now I was in the theatre during the CS and I saw first hand how someone's abdomen was sliced open and the baby pulled out. I also saw how doctors were putting their hands into someone's abdomen and how they finally stitched her up. It wasn't an easy sight to behold. Right now, she's recovering, but the pain she's passing through is much.

To me, this is the highest form of sacrifice that someone can give for the family.

So to the men and husband out there..... before you ask your wife to be "what she is bringing to table", kindly think about the sacrifice they make in bringing your children to the world.
Another simp man....What do you mean your children? Obviously you assume the kids are just for you....lol. I think you should ask God why he decided to make women go through that sacrifice.

10 Likes

Re: As A Husband, "Before You Ask Your Wife What Are You Bringing To The Table". by RingRoadCartel: 10:22pm On Nov 27, 2023
BRATISLAVA:

The child is not the compensation.

From the initial post, he is asking why you ask what a woman is bringing to the table, when she is not given any compensation for birthing your children. It means she is doing it as a free service.

A birth gift is not the price of a child. How is that considered reasonable?

But the child is something that is brought to the table. And it is priceless.

More valuable than your crude.

Last time I checked, it takes two people to make a child.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: As A Husband, "Before You Ask Your Wife What Are You Bringing To The Table". by Chicagograduate(m): 10:22pm On Nov 27, 2023
Is it not food that she will bring to the table?Abi wetin again?

1 Like

Re: As A Husband, "Before You Ask Your Wife What Are You Bringing To The Table". by Virgo3: 10:23pm On Nov 27, 2023
ZIMDRILL:

their is nothing called SACRIFICE on things that you are meant to be doing, giving birth is not a sacrifice it nature their is no two ways about it if you want a
child
lol if you know how many women wey Don die from child birth or during/after You go know say nah life and death situation. The mortality rates are out der; 1 out of every 7 women die of complications from child birth. Due to economic settings, they should support but don't talk about der preg shiiii

4 Likes

Re: As A Husband, "Before You Ask Your Wife What Are You Bringing To The Table". by Ashirioluwa: 10:24pm On Nov 27, 2023
Rich4god:

Ok, I heard you bro.
Re: As A Husband, "Before You Ask Your Wife What Are You Bringing To The Table". by Wisegeek01(m): 10:24pm On Nov 27, 2023
The phrase what are you brining to the table .. ha grossly been misunderstood, some men that even ask the question don't even know why they are asking the question, while on the other hand some women fly into a fit of rage or keep dodging the question, why they are angry they don't even know, its just a psychological impulse,

first of all it is not mandatory for the lady to actually bring finance into the mix but it helps so that should not be the centre of the question, so the men asking and referring to finance really shouldn't do that, focus on what she is supposed to bring

.. its not her job to bring finance, so if you are referring to that you are asking the wrong contextual question, a lady actually has what she should bring to the table, but sadly not a lot of ladies have taken their time to sit down and think about the question, because the are always offended or defensive, its just a simple question, that you need to understand, its not you mdfkn job to bring finance, that is what the man should bring to the table,

what the lady brings to the table is .. ranges from
great values
Emotional Intelligence
Attention to Detail
Organizational Skills
Nurture and Care
Empathy and Compassion
Collaborative Spirit
Multitasking Abilities
Intuition
Social Skills
Diplomacy

when you list these features and tell the man you posses these traits
now it s your turn to ask him
what does he bring to the table
he should have most of these below
finance
protection
security
Leadership
Decision-Making Skills
Stability
Emotional Support
Problem-Solving Abilities
Initiative
Adaptability
Sense of Humor
Integrity
Shared Responsibilities

marriage or relationship is team effort, not competition
the next time i hear that question in the wrong context i fit flog person cool grin

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: As A Husband, "Before You Ask Your Wife What Are You Bringing To The Table". by loswhite(m): 10:24pm On Nov 27, 2023
ZIMDRILL:

their is nothing called SACRIFICE on things that you are meant to be doing, giving birth is not a sacrifice it nature their is no two ways about it if you want a
child
Some men are just crazy.....lol.
Re: As A Husband, "Before You Ask Your Wife What Are You Bringing To The Table". by seguno2: 10:25pm On Nov 27, 2023
Rich4god:

Are they not also children of the woman?
How likely is it that they will care more for their mother than their father

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: As A Husband, "Before You Ask Your Wife What Are You Bringing To The Table". by loswhite(m): 10:25pm On Nov 27, 2023
RingRoadCartel:
OP have you ever been to an oil rig make you see how men dey risk their lives DAILY to put food on the table.
Don't mind the kolo.

3 Likes

Re: As A Husband, "Before You Ask Your Wife What Are You Bringing To The Table". by Paulinho59(m): 10:26pm On Nov 27, 2023
thejourney200:
Everyone should be appreciated in a relationship. It is so much sacrifice on both parts and abuse of any form should never be encouraged.
I wish u could like ur comment a million times.... God bless u for ur wisdom
Re: As A Husband, "Before You Ask Your Wife What Are You Bringing To The Table". by loswhite(m): 10:26pm On Nov 27, 2023
Sonnobax15:
lipsrsealed
So the thrusting of the man that leads to the pregnancy isn't a sacrifice on its own abi na wetin you wan try dey talk,you op? lipsrsealed

A man's life is always filled up with bunches of bills...So it's expected of every sensible woman to be a part of anything that hits the family's table.....At least,make see-finish for no dey.
Lol many had died while thrusting but SIMP will not see the sacrifice...lol

5 Likes

Re: As A Husband, "Before You Ask Your Wife What Are You Bringing To The Table". by BRATISLAVA: 10:26pm On Nov 27, 2023
airsaylongcome:

Brati, nothing against motherhood. But the OP coming to tell us stories of how they sliced someone's abdomen open blah blah blah is bunkum for me. I've seen soldiers brought from the battle field, operated on without anesthesia in bone wrenching pain. So all that talk of abdomen sliced open is waffling

It appears he's saying that having a child under such excruciating circumstances should defy the question of "what do you bring to the table" thrown at women.

Of course a woman should have more value than being a baby machine. But then, that's his perspective.

I'd like to think that veterans get respect and some leeway in certain circumstances. Even when they pick up a gun and go psycho.

2 Likes

Re: As A Husband, "Before You Ask Your Wife What Are You Bringing To The Table". by BRATISLAVA: 10:27pm On Nov 27, 2023
RingRoadCartel:

Last time I checked, it takes two people to make a child.

Last time you checked, it takes one of them to incubate and birth it.

4 Likes

Re: As A Husband, "Before You Ask Your Wife What Are You Bringing To The Table". by loswhite(m): 10:28pm On Nov 27, 2023
Cocopopsss:
t.
Sorry please don't give birth...I wish you will be barren so you don't have to go through this sacrifice...please say Amen at the end.

1 Like

Re: As A Husband, "Before You Ask Your Wife What Are You Bringing To The Table". by DKM123: 10:29pm On Nov 27, 2023
Lemme leave this quote here....

It's only small men with little minds that throw tantrums when a woman is being hailed over her biological make up.... See them crying "what about me? ", "I am in pains too", "hail me too", with cataarh in their nose.

NO REAL MAN WILL BE CRYING BECAUSE SOMEONE IS ACKNOWLEDGING A WOMAN'S BIOLOGICAL PREDICAMENT asides p00r, low self esteem, little men who feel insecure about thier manhood.

4 Likes

Re: As A Husband, "Before You Ask Your Wife What Are You Bringing To The Table". by BRATISLAVA: 10:30pm On Nov 27, 2023
Towma:

Apart from that, how many men work in oil rigs compared to number of women both married and single that give birth?

Comparing women giving birth to men working at rigs. Still trying to understand how that level of logic works. Guess he has nothing to compare it with but still needs to keep the stance.

5 Likes

Re: As A Husband, "Before You Ask Your Wife What Are You Bringing To The Table". by loswhite(m): 10:30pm On Nov 27, 2023
BRATISLAVA:

Are they not compensated for the risk adequately? What is the compensation for this risk? Since a job is the same as birthing.
A woman can choose and pray to be barren...lol but we know they will move from church to church...lol praying for the so called sacrifice....kolo ppl
Re: As A Husband, "Before You Ask Your Wife What Are You Bringing To The Table". by jaxxy(m): 10:31pm On Nov 27, 2023
U went for CS that's why. Little girls are putting to bed daily without these issues or expenses in the village.

Giving birth is a natural gift women have been blessed with it is natural to them. Yes there can be complications but its mostly a natural process.

This does not excuse what women have to bring to the table. I do not know why people should be afraid to answer these questions. A woman should add value and if u don't know go and read about the virtuous woman in the bible. She went far beyond bearing children.

Some will say because they bore u kids they now have a right make ur life a living hell. undecided

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: As A Husband, "Before You Ask Your Wife What Are You Bringing To The Table". by BRATISLAVA: 10:32pm On Nov 27, 2023
loswhite:
A woman can choose and pray to be barren...lol but we know they will move from church to church...lol praying for the so called sacrifice....kolo ppl

But a man cannot choose to refuse to work under the risky life and health policies if a rig? How exactly is working on a rig giving birth?

Maybe you and that guy can explain it.

2 Likes

Re: As A Husband, "Before You Ask Your Wife What Are You Bringing To The Table". by loswhite(m): 10:32pm On Nov 27, 2023
BRATISLAVA:

If you don't want the lecture you could try to give birth to a baby yourself. And nurture it. Then tell us what you are bringing to the table while doing all that.
Kolo you can pray to he barren so no one will force you to give birth
Re: As A Husband, "Before You Ask Your Wife What Are You Bringing To The Table". by Joy2dworldxyz: 10:32pm On Nov 27, 2023
If a woman giving birth is something to the table and a sacrifice then having sex that leads to the pregnancy is equally something to the table......

Op be careful

2 Likes

Re: As A Husband, "Before You Ask Your Wife What Are You Bringing To The Table". by BRATISLAVA: 10:32pm On Nov 27, 2023
jaxxy:
U went for CS that's why. Little girls are putting to bed daily without these issues or expenses in the village.

Giving birth is a natural gift women have been blessed with it is natural to them. Yes there can be complications but its mostly a natural process.

It's the most unnatural process.

2 Likes

Re: As A Husband, "Before You Ask Your Wife What Are You Bringing To The Table". by BRATISLAVA: 10:33pm On Nov 27, 2023
loswhite:
Kolo you can pray to he barren so no one will force you to give birth

Lord Jesus, give me immense strength not to descend on this obtuse misfit. He's your creation as pathetic an excuse for one that he is.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: As A Husband, "Before You Ask Your Wife What Are You Bringing To The Table". by loswhite(m): 10:33pm On Nov 27, 2023
BRATISLAVA:

But a man cannot choose to refuse to work under the risky life and health policies if a rig? How exactly is working on a rig giving birth?

Maybe you and that guy can explain it.
How exactly is giving birth stopping a woman from being useful to her family? Maybe you and the foolish OP should explain that.

3 Likes

Re: As A Husband, "Before You Ask Your Wife What Are You Bringing To The Table". by loswhite(m): 10:35pm On Nov 27, 2023
BRATISLAVA:

Lord Jesus, give me immense strength not to descend on this obtuse misfit. He's your creation as pathetic an excuse for one that he is.
Lol I was hoping to hear Amen
Re: As A Husband, "Before You Ask Your Wife What Are You Bringing To The Table". by LeeSmart: 10:38pm On Nov 27, 2023
I thought dis question is for girlfriends not wives? How me i go come de ask my wife what would u bring to the table, abi i no sabi wetin she the carry come table before i marry her?.
Make person come clarify me oo.

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Being A Nigerian Housewife / Photo Of A Crippled Woman Striving With Her Child / Son Tells Mum To Leave His Home To Create Space For Girlfriend With 2kids (vid)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.