Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,593 members, 7,809,153 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:34 AM

Muslim Women & Polygamy: Would You Tolerate A 2nd Wife? - Islam for Muslims (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Muslim Women & Polygamy: Would You Tolerate A 2nd Wife? (32312 Views)

Leave Islam Or Accept Polygamy... / What are the Rewards For Muslim Women In Paradise? / The 'Burying' Of Muslim Women in the Modern World (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Muslim Women & Polygamy: Would You Tolerate A 2nd Wife? by deols(f): 3:18pm On Nov 01, 2011
Da Doctor:

COME. MUMU!! WETIN DEY EVEN WORRY U SEF? NA ME SAY MAKE U MARRY POLYGAMIST? ABEG WAKA JARE.
U ARE BEING SHOWN THE LIGHT YET U DECIDE TO REMAIN IN DARK AND SUBTANTIATE SAME WITH FAKE CLAIMS LIKE A CHILD.

IF ME AND U BEGIN CHALLENGE FOR EDUCATION U NO EVEN REACH ME QUARTER SFE. U DEY HERER DEY TALK STATISTICS WEY U NO UNDERSTAND.

SEE, U CAN DEDUCE OR INDUCE IN your REASONING SO GO SIDON. SMALL TIME NOW U GO SAY BOKO HARAM GET REASON TO STORM US BLA BLA BLA.

U ARE REALLY LOST OH! DYING IN IGNORANCE

hahhahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhh! i could only laff @ ds. da doctor indeed  cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Muslim Women & Polygamy: Would You Tolerate A 2nd Wife? by deols(f): 3:32pm On Nov 01, 2011
ThiefOfHearts (f)
NY

Re: Muslim Women & Polygamy: Would You Tolerate A 2nd Wife?
« #202 on: Yesterday at 22:35:46 »

Beta or whatever you call yourself. Thanks for proving my point

Who else can answr the question other than Muslim women? Instead of butting in, let them say their own thoughts on the issue but they cant because they know you and the other fiends will come and silence them. Rubbish

the rate at which these people can lie just to prove their points

the 1st two people to reply this thread are Muslim women for G!sake
Re: Muslim Women & Polygamy: Would You Tolerate A 2nd Wife? by DaDoctor: 3:32pm On Nov 01, 2011
deols:

hahhahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhh! i could only laff @ ds. da doctor indeed  cheesy cheesy cheesy

as u are laffing . just laff out
Re: Muslim Women & Polygamy: Would You Tolerate A 2nd Wife? by deols(f): 3:36pm On Nov 01, 2011
zoelife (f)
nigeria

« #214 on: Today at 00:26:57 »

God, who created us wit our best interests @ heart has said 'One man, One wife'. Every oda option is 2nd best, choice is urs. And to d polygamy and adultery issues, a man or woman cheating in a marriage doesnt do his/her spouse any harm, but hurts himself. Every one is answerable for their own sins, c'est plus simple.

where did he say that
Re: Muslim Women & Polygamy: Would You Tolerate A 2nd Wife? by deols(f): 3:39pm On Nov 01, 2011
aloy/emeka

« #218 on: Today at 00:53:48 »

Quote from: Keemie on Yesterday at 23:57:44
So far my husband follows the rules of polygamy as written in the Quran and Sunnah, I'll accept it.

Which rules besides the fact that he is tired of your old behind and has a passionate desire for a younger behind. Is that the rule you are talking about?. If that is okay by you, then you need your head seriously examined.

oh! so u as a woman thinks a man naturally gets tired of his wife when she gets old?

learn of the other rules. I posted them above
Re: Muslim Women & Polygamy: Would You Tolerate A 2nd Wife? by ThiefOfHearts(f): 5:12pm On Nov 01, 2011
Um Ive been on this board longer than you. There are MORE than 2 Muslimahs on NL.

This thread is pratically on page TEN and you think the responses of just 2 women is good enough?\

Unlike you I am well aware of how these threads go on NL. They are asked questions and the men come out the woodwork running their mouths like its any of their concern. and before you start whining about non-Muslim men also responding, they shouldnt have replied either.
Re: Muslim Women & Polygamy: Would You Tolerate A 2nd Wife? by chakula: 5:44pm On Nov 01, 2011
Jesus never marry up to today, why Christians don’t live up to that part as well?

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-770392.0.html
Re: Muslim Women & Polygamy: Would You Tolerate A 2nd Wife? by kq(m): 8:32pm On Nov 01, 2011
@deols i thot we don end this matter already now as in EOD.
There are two things obviously from this thread which is similar to other NL threads.
1.The OP started the thread asking a question but along the line of replying made it known that he wanted to show that muslim women are in darkness for living by such a law.
2. There has been a lot of responses to the said question on this thread and any discerning mind should be able to pick up an honest answer/opinion to the question and every thing related to this matter of Polygamy in Islam. i.e. a woman being a human being with feelings will not tolerate a 2nd wife you dont have to be a muslim woman every woman feels that way. This actually is the answer to the question. i would think to butress the answers women or muslim women especially should answer but like i said the thread would digress betraying the intention of the OP himself , it was about painting someone good or bad, living in darkness or light.
Believe me when i say there is no point going further with this discussion because in the first place it was never a discussion its just one of the many name calling sessions on NL.
Re: Muslim Women & Polygamy: Would You Tolerate A 2nd Wife? by aloyemeka1: 11:55pm On Nov 01, 2011
deols:

oh! so u as a woman thinks a man naturally gets tired of his wife when she gets old?

learn of the other rules. I posted them above

Apparently, you already believe that your husband will be less attracted to you when you get older and he is allowed to get another wife even though you are not allowed to do the same because he is also old and less attractive than younger men. Have you been so brainwashed and your self esteem so battered that you cannot have your own opinion?. Men do not NATURALLY get tired of old women, rather, it is the randy ones whose brain is in-between their legs that do that.
Re: Muslim Women & Polygamy: Would You Tolerate A 2nd Wife? by aloyemeka1: 12:17am On Nov 02, 2011
deols:

In fact, yoruba Muslims are polygamous due to cultural influence more than religious. Polygamy should be very hard to practice, if according to Islam.
You are blaming culture now even though nearly all the Yoruba men who intend to marry multiple wives are muslims. There are many proud polygamists here, eg sweet-n-sourNecta[I am assuming he is same as chief Olabowale] and he claims to have multiple wives because Mohammed begged him to do so.

deols:

[size=20pt]

*In Islam, a polygamous man must share his resources equally among the wives
*His time must be shared too- a timetable for the nights he spends wv dem(call dat wat u may)
*A man is not to marry at all, [color=#990000][b]if he wldnt be able to provide sustenance for himself and his family
All those baba who were able to save money to marry 8 wives and sustain them on epa and bole are also qualified according to the quran.

deols:

*when the children reach the age of seven, boys are to be separated from girls- now, dat makes at least three rooms for a monogamous man to provide.

Mohammed demanded for separate rooms for the boys and girls when there were no BEDROOMS in the desert when the quran was written?. Did he also demand for the man to provide them with iphones and droid tablets?.

deols:

*If he is thinking of anoda wife, he must av had double dat resource to provide for them.
*Now, add d economic situation of d world- good schools, good nutrition and all of that
[/b][/color][/size]

Which school?. Are you saying that 99% of the northerners who marry multiple wives and breed almajiris are headed to hell fire because they are not doing it well?. I wonder whether the quran demanded for good schools because Mohammed himself didn't attend common kindergarten and was possibly an illiterate.

deols:

These only call attention to the fact that, if Muslim men practice it well,, and Muslim women follow Islam well(total submission to the will of Allah), all d problems u attribute to polygamy would not be there. In fact, others would be willing to be Muslims.

Muslims themselves need Islamic education. How many pple even go to ile keu anymore?

Are you suggesting to heathens like us that Islam is impractical?. Or better still, are you saying that the rules stipulated in Islam only work in ideal situation?. I just can't believe that ms DEOLS accepting her husband's mistress into her home is the total will of Allah. Did Allah call you on the phone to inform you that your husband's latest catch is according to His will?.
Use your head for once please, many men love variety of women and they always look for leeway to exercise that nature of theirs but it is not God's will for them and that is why the bible described it as the fruits of the flesh. Muslims yield to the desires of their flesh and invent mechanical methods of curbing their bad behavior.

The sooner educated muslim women like you[because there are very few] begins to question some Islamic practices, the better. That is why Islam invests too much energy in making sure their women are not educated because they don't want them to see the light. Case in point: For every illiterate yoruba woman you meet, there is a 95% chance she is muslim and 5% chance she is Christian.
Have you wondered what will happen to your 5exual life in heaven since your men will be elevated to 72 virgins?. What will happen to non-virgin muslim women in heaven or are you expected to go to heaven with a vbrator?.
Re: Muslim Women & Polygamy: Would You Tolerate A 2nd Wife? by coogar: 12:33am On Nov 02, 2011
aloy/emeka:

Have you wondered what will happen to your 5exual life in heaven since your men will be elevated to 72 virgins?. What will happen to non-virgin muslim women in heaven or are you expected to go to heaven with a vbrator?.

don't be so obtuse.
every woman in heaven will be a virgin. . . .
Re: Muslim Women & Polygamy: Would You Tolerate A 2nd Wife? by Nobody: 12:41am On Nov 02, 2011
coogar:

don't be so obtuse.

grin grin grin

Choi! Enjoyment go plenty for this kind heaven. Hope say HIV no go dey.
Re: Muslim Women & Polygamy: Would You Tolerate A 2nd Wife? by aloyemeka1: 12:45am On Nov 02, 2011
coogar:

don't be so obtuse.

Roflmao; so Allah will rebuild their hymen?. What happens after they lose the virginity after the first zex?. Will Allah reload the men's bed with new virgins or will he continue to reseal the hymen of the old women?. In essence, Allah will be dashing out 72 refurbished virgins and not pristine ones, abi?. Why seek for refurbished ones whne one can get brand new ones here in earth?. Sani Abacha traveled across the world in search of young pretty virgins and was even paying as much as N5M per girl; Are you saying that Allah is entertaining him now with refurbished virgins?. Otioooo wink wink wink wink wink
Re: Muslim Women & Polygamy: Would You Tolerate A 2nd Wife? by vedaxcool(m): 3:25am On Nov 02, 2011
Mathew 19
28 And Jesus said unto them, Verily I say unto you, That ye which have followed me, in the regeneration when the Son of man shall sit in the throne of his glory, ye also shall sit upon twelve thrones, judging the twelve tribes of Israel.
29 And every one that hath forsaken houses, or brethren, or sisters, or father, or mother, or wife, or children, or lands, for my name's sake, shall receive an [size=18pt]hundredfold[/size], and shall inherit everlasting life.

Here Jesus promises to give a 100 wives wink wink wink, lands houses, hence atleast the unsound hadith about 72 Houris is quite less compared to 100. My Muslim brothers/sisters maybe we need to remind them whatis in their bible, the 100 wives promise  grin grin shocked shocked
Re: Muslim Women & Polygamy: Would You Tolerate A 2nd Wife? by ayinba1(f): 3:50am On Nov 02, 2011
vedaxcool:

Mathew 19
28 And Jesus said unto them, Verily I say unto you, That ye which have followed me, in the regeneration when the Son of man shall sit in the throne of his glory, ye also shall sit upon twelve thrones, judging the twelve tribes of Israel.
29 And every one that hath forsaken houses, or brethren, or sisters, or father, or mother, or wife, or children, or lands, for my name's sake, shall receive an [size=18pt]hundredfold[/size], and shall inherit everlasting life.

Here Jesus promises to give a 100 wives  wink wink wink, lands houses, hence aat leastthe unsound hadith about 72 Houris is quite less compared to 100. My Muslim brothers/sisters maybe we need to remind them wwhat isin their bible, the 100 wives promise  grin grin shocked shocked
God bless you!

@dedeols_I totally agree with iqKqyou have done your part. Aloyemeka is almost as old as NL so nothingnew. He/she once asked if Muslim women wore bras!?.

I, of course, do not have your patience.
Re: Muslim Women & Polygamy: Would You Tolerate A 2nd Wife? by ThiefOfHearts(f): 4:21am On Nov 02, 2011
ayinba please ignore aloy and the others for a minute

what is your own take on the topic? I am genuinely interested in the POV of the Muslimahs on this.
Re: Muslim Women & Polygamy: Would You Tolerate A 2nd Wife? by isaleggan: 4:55am On Nov 02, 2011
Some sickos are going overboard with their obsession with Muslim women lately.  We recently had to endure Toba's sick desperate pining for a muslim wife (not gonna happen, freak!).  Now, according to the soft-skulled NL scholars, the only people keeping polygamy alive are the muslim women?  SMH.  Yes, of course, nothing wrong with having one wife, numerous mistresses and a bunch of illegitimate children.  Oh, no!  Just bury your heads in the sand and point your finger at others to satiate your religious bigotry.  wink

Heaven forbid the supermod and moderator would actually grow a backbone and enforce their often arbitrary rules.  "Islam FOR MUSLIMS section"? That don't mean squat! undecided

Hey, Vedaxcool, I'm liking your style o jare. cool These clowns deserve it.
Re: Muslim Women & Polygamy: Would You Tolerate A 2nd Wife? by deols(f): 5:30am On Nov 02, 2011
ayinba1:

God bless you!

@dedeols_I totally agree with iqKqyou have done your part. Aloyemeka is almost as old as NL so nothingnew. He/she once asked if Muslim women wore bras!?.

thank you!
Re: Muslim Women & Polygamy: Would You Tolerate A 2nd Wife? by vedaxcool(m): 7:45am On Nov 02, 2011
isale_ggan:

Some sickos are going overboard with their obsession with Muslim women lately.  We recently had to endure Toba's sick desperate pining for a muslim wife (not gonna happen, freak!).  Now, according to the soft-skulled NL scholars, the only people keeping polygamy alive are the muslim women?  SMH.  Yes, of course, nothing wrong with having one wife, numerous mistresses and a bunch of illegitimate children.  Oh, no!  Just bury your heads in the sand and point your finger at others to satiate your religious bigotry.  wink

Heaven forbid the supermod and moderator would actually grow a backbone and enforce their often arbitrary rules.  "Islam FOR MUSLIMS section"? That don't mean squat! undecided

Hey, Vedaxcool, I'm liking your style o jare. cool These clowns deserve it.   

Thanks, their Hypocrital attitude always is paul induced!

ayinba1:

God bless you!

amin and you too!
Re: Muslim Women & Polygamy: Would You Tolerate A 2nd Wife? by Sweetnecta: 9:51am On Nov 02, 2011
how many times did chief Ojukwu marry, again, to younger women fanning after him?
and God Who created man in the first place can make every time the first time for both man and woman of paradise.

i do believe aloy/emeka the safari woman man does not find the quality of the every day at 2 pm cold drink of water diminishes from the previous day.

instead, everyday the drink gives its own 100% satisfaction as thirst quencher. Imagine what satisfaction everyone in paradise gets from what God creates to satisfy the inhabitants. Everyone, InshaAllah will be a virgin to his or her spouse, every time.
Re: Muslim Women & Polygamy: Would You Tolerate A 2nd Wife? by aribisala0(m): 11:30am On Nov 02, 2011
Re: Muslim Women & Polygamy: Would You Tolerate A 2nd Wife? by coogar: 1:30pm On Nov 02, 2011
mbatuku2:

grin grin grin
Choi! Enjoyment go plenty for this kind heaven. Hope say HIV no go dey.

there will be no s[i]e[/i]x in heaven. . . . .take that from me!

aloy/emeka:

Roflmao; so Allah will rebuild their hymen?. What happens after they lose the virginity after the first zex?. Will Allah reload the men's bed with new virgins or will he continue to reseal the hymen of the old women?. In essence, Allah will be dashing out 72 refurbished virgins and not pristine ones, abi?. Why seek for refurbished ones whne one can get brand new ones here in earth?. Sani Abacha traveled across the world in search of young pretty virgins and was even paying as much as N5M per girl; Are you saying that Allah is entertaining him now with refurbished virgins?. Otioooo wink wink wink wink wink

don't be super-obtuse.
humans are flesh + spirit. when we die, the flesh remains and the spirits of the righteous ones travel to heaven!
the flesh goes back to dust as you will see in many graves.

hymen is flesh and it shall remain on earth or it can take strolls to hell where orgi[i]e[/i]s would be a daily activity.
only the spirit enters heaven so in other words, every woman in heaven shall be a virgin.
i actually don't believe the 72-virgin theory. God will not permit men to turn his holy sanctuary into a whorehouse of orgi[i]e[/i]s.

vedaxcool:

Mathew 19

hundredfold in properties. . . . .not hundredfold in humans.
it is not possible for a man to have 100 fathers and 100 mothers.
your attempt to twist the scriptures fell flat on it's face.

Here Jesus promises to give a 100 wives wink wink wink, lands houses, hence atleast the unsound hadith about 72 Houris is quite less compared to 100. My Muslim brothers/sisters maybe we need to remind them whatis in their bible, the 100 wives promise  grin grin shocked shocked

he did not.
because he wouldn't give every individual that hath forsaken his mum, 100 mothers or 100 fathers.
it's quite different to the hadith talking about 72 houris.

is it possible for you to have 100 fathers? 100 mothers?
vedaxcool, think about it. wink
do you guys actually believe you will have access to 72 virgins?
Re: Muslim Women & Polygamy: Would You Tolerate A 2nd Wife? by aloyemeka1: 3:23pm On Nov 02, 2011
Sweetnecta:

how many times did chief Ojukwu marry, again, to younger women fanning after him?
and God Who created man in the first place can make every time the first time for both man and woman of paradise.

i do believe aloy/emeka the safari woman man does not find the quality of the every day at 2 pm cold drink of water diminishes from the previous day.

instead, everyday the drink gives its own 100% satisfaction as thirst quencher. Imagine what satisfaction everyone in paradise gets from what God creates to satisfy the inhabitants. Everyone, InshaAllah will be a virgin to his or her spouse, every time.
2wise and he divorced his 1st wife before marrying Bianca. Ojukwu has never been a polygamist.
Re: Muslim Women & Polygamy: Would You Tolerate A 2nd Wife? by aloyemeka1: 7:11pm On Nov 02, 2011
ayinba1:

God bless you!

AloyEmka is not the question here. The question is if you can  truthfully testify that if your husband brings another woman into the same household you toiled to build with him, you will not find it offensive. Can you claim that your desire for the man in your life is for him to get as many as 4 wives so that all his 5exual and emotional needs can be satisfied?. Shouldn't that make you feel incomplete because getting another woman into your union means that there are areas you are deficient when it comes to satisfying a man. If you can turn off your religious antenna and truthfully answer these questions, I will be made whole. I know you as a very honest person who can NEVER lie about what we cannot see because you respect Allah a lot and expect you to answer them truthfully.
Re: Muslim Women & Polygamy: Would You Tolerate A 2nd Wife? by Sweetnecta: 8:37pm On Nov 02, 2011
@Aloy/Emeka: I said in my very early post that Christians are too smart [foo.lish to others] for their own good.

Paul said you must never divorce. But you people turn deaf ears to him; divorce and remarry. You become a polygamist of 1 wife, , though different face that makes the 1 body union.

The man is constant. But the woman is ever changing.

In some cases, the woman is constant. But the man is ever changing.

My the time some of you are done, it will be many women and just that much divorce.

if that is life, asked the woman the men divorced; she is mad as hell and she ain gonna take it anymore.
Re: Muslim Women & Polygamy: Would You Tolerate A 2nd Wife? by aribisala0(m): 8:40pm On Nov 02, 2011
what a deafening silence!! yesterday i challenged all so called christians to produce a scripture that instructs christians to be monogamous

NO ANSWER
Re: Muslim Women & Polygamy: Would You Tolerate A 2nd Wife? by aribisala0(m): 8:41pm On Nov 02, 2011
let me try again

doe the bible forbid christians from polygamy??
Re: Muslim Women & Polygamy: Would You Tolerate A 2nd Wife? by ommo(m): 9:11pm On Nov 02, 2011
the is nowhere in the bible were it is said dont marry more than one. God even warn & told us how to share properties b/n ones wives. we shld learn to seperate western ideology frm christian ideology. d last i checked anglican church was created due to the catholic church's refusal to permit the king of england to marry additional wife. today, it is one to one marriage dat have been infused into christianity. tomorow, some christians wil getup& say christianity allow gay marriages. anyway, it has already s
Re: Muslim Women & Polygamy: Would You Tolerate A 2nd Wife? by aloyemeka1: 1:00am On Nov 03, 2011
Sweetnecta:

@Aloy/Emeka: I said in my very early post that Christians are too smart [foo.lish to others] for their own good.

Paul said you must never divorce. But you people turn deaf ears to him; divorce and remarry. You become a polygamist of 1 wife,  , though different face that makes the 1 body union.

The man is constant. But the woman is ever changing.

In some cases, the woman is constant. But the man is ever changing.

My the time some of you are done, it will be many women and just that much divorce.

if that is life, asked the woman the men divorced; she is mad as hell and she ain gonna take it anymore.

How can they be mad when women initiate the divorce most times?. If I may recall, you've been divorced in America before so divorce is not a Christian thing. Even the muslim men who marry many wives divorce some too. In some cases, they divorce some to make space for the first 4 because a 5th wife is sinful according to Allah.

You remember the muslim Nigerian senator from Zamfara who divorced his 4th wife to make space for a 12 yr old Egyptian girl?. So, divorce is not a Christian thing.

Btw: Be careful this sallah o. See below what some of your brothers are doing because of their erroneous interpretation of the quran. Y'all may need bomb detectors in your mosque this season.

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-795421.0.html
Re: Muslim Women & Polygamy: Would You Tolerate A 2nd Wife? by aribisala0(m): 1:21am On Nov 03, 2011
what a deafening silence!! yesterday i challenged all so called christians to produce a scripture that instructs christians to be monogamous

NO ANSWER

ona no fit talk
Re: Muslim Women & Polygamy: Would You Tolerate A 2nd Wife? by Nobody: 1:36am On Nov 03, 2011
^^^

You have obviously skipped through all the pages of this article to come to this conclusion.

Not surprised though , it's never a straight road when debating Muslims, everything goes out of the window including the truth  grin

But I truly wonder why holy men are more preoccupied with marrying multiple wives and aiming for a sex packed paradise that living an exemplary life on this earth in service to mankind as opposed to killing those with opposing views.
Re: Muslim Women & Polygamy: Would You Tolerate A 2nd Wife? by aribisala0(m): 2:30am On Nov 03, 2011
no i am not muslim or christian . though i have read both quran and bible.

i remain proud of my yoruba heritage and do not need foreign gods

please answer me someone

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Muslims Praying In Bayelsa Shut Down A Major Road, Cars Blocked (Photos) / Things To Do During The Holy Month Of Ramadan / Islamic Ruling On MMM

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 108
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.