Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,205 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:14 AM

Muslim Women & Polygamy: Would You Tolerate A 2nd Wife? - Islam for Muslims (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Muslim Women & Polygamy: Would You Tolerate A 2nd Wife? (32314 Views)

Leave Islam Or Accept Polygamy... / What are the Rewards For Muslim Women In Paradise? / The 'Burying' Of Muslim Women in the Modern World (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Muslim Women & Polygamy: Would You Tolerate A 2nd Wife? by Nobody: 6:42pm On Nov 03, 2011
@ bolded, do u mean pretty, intelligent or pretty intelligent. I will accept the former but not the latter  

Hmm, okay, you will accept pretty but not intelligent, beats me  grin

@green, u'r getting thins wrong. what males are u talkn about? d male who has d strongest influence on my[b] life is my father[/b] and He isnt evn aware of what am doing here(or so I thnk) nor is he friends wv m on Fb despite being away from home. He lets me be(trusts me to make d right decisions)

great, same for me  cheesy

Now, d next time u talk about male dominance to me, I might get really offended.  u'r implying I cant think for myself nd dat makes u sound like a chauvinist.

I can only say what I see. Most of the muslim women I meet in the UK are of  Pakistan origin. They look depressed with their control freak husbands micro-managing every detail of their lives.

These are the true muslims, are they not  undecided

am d way I am out of conviction. Stop talking centuries to me. whatever success u'r claiming as emerged in ds century started wv d pple u'r calln old skool. they were evn stronger, more hardworkn, et al.

Hmm, how can you shut yourself from the real world with a Hijab and call that civilisation.

Anyway each man to his own.

Enjoy yourself  grin
Re: Muslim Women & Polygamy: Would You Tolerate A 2nd Wife? by coogar: 6:45pm On Nov 03, 2011
deols:

Am sure uv bn told d "acclaimed jihadists" get it wrong. No muslim shld be doing jungle justice as is happening today. The wars fought by the prophet and the rightly guided caliphs were truly it.

i have been told and i have seen a lot of stuffs concerning that. matter of fact, i learnt the greatest jihad is in the heart/conscience. but then where are the imams to correct these "acclaimed jihadists"?

As regards d virgins of paradise- of cos they'll be dr but I avnt read d tafsir of those verses and am yet to actually read of the 72 u all claim(some Muslims say it is a weak hadith-if u know wat dat means). Until then my lips are sealed. But i just told u above dat paradise is where u av all u want. I bet every woman will get their satisfaction too, whichever way it happens.

ok then!
but when you get to that part in the tafsir - please drop a feedback here.
i seek knowledge - always!

*am not a muslim who claims to know it all*- i hope u can imbibe dat attitude too rather than saying wat u hear others say without confirming them.
Allahu a'lam

i imbibe the attitude but then you cannot completely ignore what you see/hear. it's like being pulled in 2 opposite directions.
on one hand i have been told it's wrong to kill innocent people with the excuse of jihad and on the other hand i have seen people get killed because it's allowed to kill infidels for Allah. so which is which?
Re: Muslim Women & Polygamy: Would You Tolerate A 2nd Wife? by deols(f): 6:52pm On Nov 03, 2011
Hmm, okay, you will accept pretty but not intelligent, beats me  grin
i hate to call any1 an olodo o(sorry). pretty, intelligent(meaning pretty and intelligent), pretty intelligent(a lil bit intelligent)- so again d former rather than the latter grin grin

great, same for me  cheesy (who says I care grin) and did u mention ur wife in d previous post? my regards to her cool

I can only say what I see. Most of the muslim women I meet in the UK are of  Pakistan origin. They look depressed with their control freak husbands micro-managing every detail of their lives.

These are the true muslims, are they not  undecided
is dr ever a time when u dont sound like a bigot?

Hmm, how can you shut yourself from the real world with a Hijab and call that civilisation.

Anyway each man to his own.

wat d'u thnk civilisation means.

Enjoy yourself  grin

u cant even imagine how much am doin dat!
Re: Muslim Women & Polygamy: Would You Tolerate A 2nd Wife? by ThiefOfHearts(f): 6:59pm On Nov 03, 2011
This thread is a mess

Unsubscribing
Re: Muslim Women & Polygamy: Would You Tolerate A 2nd Wife? by deols(f): 7:42pm On Nov 03, 2011
i have been told and i have seen a lot of stuffs concerning that. matter of fact, i learnt the greatest jihad is in the heart/conscience. but then where are the imams to correct these "acclaimed jihadists"?

first, u need to know dat dr's no caliphacy in Islam at the moment. Muslims dont av a general body ruling over them. We used to av dat(in fact, I heard dat is how d west got their *we want to rule d world ideology*). the last ruler was in Turkey and his rule was overthrown by some conspiracies(u may not need dat history).

My point is, if such exists,The leader of the faithfuls  would call them to order nd punish them as should be. Now, many of u ask Imams to come up nd talk. Some do, I do too nd many pple on Nl do. But u nd odas av a thought of whom d 'leaders' are nd so wont accpt all our talks as anything- u want d Sultan and co- day do make those statements sometimes though but they never quench ur thirsts. Also many Imams av lost their lives to ds. A muslim interviewed on CNN after writing a book against violence said his friend who spoke against it was earlier killed and he wasnt afraid of being killed too- So he wrote a book that could outlive him.

ok then!
but when you get to that part in the tafsir - please drop a feedback here.
i seek knowledge - always!

InshaAllah.

i imbibe the attitude but then you cannot completely ignore what you see/hear. it's like being pulled in 2 opposite directions.
on one hand i have been told it's wrong to kill innocent people with the excuse of jihad and on the other hand i have seen people get killed because it's allowed to kill infidels for Allah. so which is which?

i get ur point. dr was a time I was arguing wv a friend on d correct pronunciation of certain words. We decided to use a dictionary. After checking the sound, she kept saying she was right nd dat d sound we saw represented xactly what she thought was right nd I felt differently. What do u think wld av helped us? either to get some1 wu's truly a master at it to give us the interpretation or seek d CD the dictionary came wv so as to listen to it from the source. My point is, to get it right, u av to do extra nd from d people who are experts at it.

here, the hadiths do that job. they give d explanations, den d words of d Imams(note not d Imams of ds century). u can always ask us about anything too.and w'll do our best in making them clear.
Re: Muslim Women & Polygamy: Would You Tolerate A 2nd Wife? by vedaxcool(m): 10:12pm On Nov 03, 2011
coogar:

verbal weeping for coogar?
me, my dad and my grand-dad and 10 generations before my grand-dad are not enough. you want a verbal war - bring it.
nor be today i dey eat invertebrates like worms for lunch. by the time veda is through with me, i will buy your quran and sell a bible!

grin grin grin grin grin, when would she-he stop insulting him-herself? All because JEsus said leave your wife for my sake and I will replace her with a 100, I opened this gender confused snail to the 100 fold promise of Jesus and all she can do is insult herself . . . grin grin grin grin

coogar:

i am the homoerotic peasant who cops [i]e[/i]rections from twisting scriptural verses.
i should also ask toba how veda reign supreme in this habitat. I will need my entire lineage to joust verbs with veda. veda will create semse for me, smoke me ash and get high!

again here is Cougar showing her low morals

coogar:

they went against islamic principles? I am a pasty cuntbucket!
who went against islamic principles? everything they recited before the crash was lifted from the quran.

Prove the second claim or be labelled a liar like you boss fraudbel

coogar:

matter of factly, they shouted allah akbar till they crashed!

No proof means you are a liar, this is the second time I will be hearing this sort of nonesense thinking comin from a Gendr confused snail it does not surprise me at all, but I have heard the not to intelligent atheist mazaje say something similar, wht if they chanted ALlahu akbar till they crash, I have heard people say Jesus christ even in toilets, when about having a serious accident etc what does that mean . . . but occupying a low mental spectrum does produce low thoughts the Gender confused snail has above . , . grin grin grin grin

coogar:

i expect this question from a stark illiterate like myself. I probably know cougar only as women interested in boys.

cougar is a panther/mountain lion(first) - a large carnivore who eats herbs like you for lunch. it's not my business if middle-aged women who fancies little boys used the name to advertise themselves. the ethos behind the username is flesh-eating! coogar is a man!
so grab a book!

after you, but while at it spell cougar well cause yours is spelt wrongly and yeah while doing so maybe you should undergo some training is coherent thinking, cause your thoughts seems por*n ridden
coogar:

i am genuinely concerned, please.

Likewise

coogar:

i know a muslim woman without sin will get to paradise.
but what incentive do women who maim infidels get in heaven? do they just go to paradise like the other women who never have to kill or do they get special bonus like the male jihadists?

The condition listed before still counts, Muslims do not kill infidels except when they need to defend themselves, Like Gorge Bush crusade in Iraq, you won't expect any sane rational human being to wait to be killed, but what do you know about honor . . . . grin grin grin
Re: Muslim Women & Polygamy: Would You Tolerate A 2nd Wife? by coogar: 11:50pm On Nov 03, 2011
vedaxcool:

grin grin grin grin grin, when would she-he stop insulting him-herself? All because JEsus said leave your wife for my sake and I will replace her with a 100, I opened this gender confused snail to the 100 fold promise of Jesus and all she can do is insult herself . . . grin grin grin grin
again here is Cougar showing her low morals

so this is the come back that took you 5 hours to write?
what a spaz!

Prove the second claim or be labelled a liar like you boss fraudbel

i cannot do your job for you. if you need someone to do a job for you, hire a dog.

No proof means you are a liar, this is the second time I will be hearing this sort of nonesense thinking comin from a Gendr confused snail it does not surprise me at all, but I have heard the not to intelligent atheist mazaje say something similar, wht if they chanted ALlahu akbar till they crash, I have heard people say Jesus christ even in toilets, when about having a serious accident etc what does that mean . . . but occupying a low mental spectrum does produce low thoughts the Gender confused snail has above . , . grin grin grin grin

it's the truth. allahu akbar was what they kept saying in loud tones.
just like libyan rebels did throughout

after you, but while at it spell cougar well cause yours is spelt wrongly and yeah while doing so maybe you should undergo some training is coherent thinking, cause your thoughts seems por*n ridden

what a pasty cuntbucket!
you just knew coogar is spelt wrongly? you should have gone to specsavers, mate!!!

The condition listed before still counts, Muslims do not kill infidels except when they need to defend themselves, Like Gorge Bush crusade in Iraq, you won't expect any sane rational human being to wait to be killed, but what do you know about honor . . . . grin grin grin

death before dishonour!
something you know nothing about. this is why you still had the gall to come back here and type balderdash.
if you have any dignity left in you, you wouldn't come back.
with any decorum in you - you wouldn't quote me and change my words. . who does that? a serial pederast!

i am sorry for your future.
Re: Muslim Women & Polygamy: Would You Tolerate A 2nd Wife? by maclatunji: 4:28pm On Nov 05, 2011
O my! O dear! You guys are still at it!
Re: Muslim Women & Polygamy: Would You Tolerate A 2nd Wife? by aurenflani: 10:03pm On Nov 06, 2011
the question can fairly be asked of christian women too as many of them are also living in polygamous family. a lot of christians are polygamous even in the usa. so don't come here pretending to us thinking that ur proslytizing to draw muslim women to ur fold. when it comes to immorality, christians are the first to be confronted with your pastors and bishops living in homosexual matrimony. your revend fathers with their teenage boys and nigerian pastors dying and their multiple whores and bastard kids showing up at their funerals. you eat pig described in ur bible as unclean, ur uncircumsized brethrens, and fornications that leaves majority of ur daughters abortion experts. christians have no shame pathetics spiritual losers.
Re: Muslim Women & Polygamy: Would You Tolerate A 2nd Wife? by Nobody: 12:18am On Nov 07, 2011
aurenflani:

the question can fairly be asked of christian women too as many of them are also living in polygamous family

Depends on what you mean by Christian

a lot of christians are polygamous even in the usa

Depends on what you mean by Christian

so don't come here pretending to us thinking that your proslytizing to draw muslim women to your fold.

Are you scared  undecided

Thousands of  men and women are meeting Jesus in mainly ISLAMIC countries  , there is nothing you can do about it.

when it comes to immorality, christians are the first to be confronted with your pastors and bishops living in Same-sex matrimony.

And Christians are the ones to expose these same false pastors , no ?

Don't even get me started , I can start an article and post evidence of paedophilia and all manner of intimate perversion in predominately Muslims countries.

Use Google and you will see what it will bring up.

Don't get me started , honestly    cool

your revend fathers with their teenage boys and nigerian pastors dying and their multiple whores and bastard kids showing up at their funerals.

Ignorant statement

you eat pig described in your bible as unclean

What is wrong with nice cooked pork meat with nicely prepared rice. grin

This is evidence that ISLAM is not spiritual, it is a fleshly religion, what we shall or shall not eat, what to wear, where to go etc.

It is not what you eat that matters but the state of your heart.

If you avoid pork but you are a liar or thief or gossip or lustful person ( looking at women to lust or desire after them )  you will die and perish in your sins if you do not repent . Not eating pork means nothing.

This is Jesus had to say :

Matthew 15:
8 " 'These people honor me with their lips, but their hearts are far from me. 9 They worship me in vain; their teachings are but rules taught by men.'" 10 Jesus called the crowd to him and said, "Listen and understand. [b]11 What goes into a man's mouth does not make him 'unclean,' but what comes out of his mouth, that is what makes him 'unclean.' " [/b]12 Then the disciples came to him and asked, "Do you know that the Pharisees were offended when they heard this?" 13 He replied, "Every plant that my heavenly Father has not planted will be pulled up by the roots. 14 Leave them; they are blind guides. If a blind man leads a blind man, both will fall into a pit." 15 Peter said, "Explain the parable to us." 16 "Are you still so dull?" Jesus asked them. 17 "Don't you see that whatever enters the mouth goes into the stomach and then out of the body? 18 But the things that come out of the mouth come from the heart, and these make a man 'unclean.' 19 For out of the heart come evil thoughts, murder, adultery, intimate immorality, theft, false testimony, slander. 20 These are what make a man 'unclean'; but eating with unwashed hands does not make him 'unclean.' "

your uncircumsized brethrens,

Ignorance is a disease, many of us are circumcised,  grin.

By the way you can still be circumcised and end up in hell if you are a sinner without the forgiveness of God.

Outward works will never save you.
Re: Muslim Women & Polygamy: Would You Tolerate A 2nd Wife? by olawalebabs(m): 5:13am On Nov 07, 2011
Frosbel, is it christainity that is taking over the world or Islam? Friend, better google well before pouring out dilulted facts.
Re: Muslim Women & Polygamy: Would You Tolerate A 2nd Wife? by olawalebabs(m): 6:55am On Nov 07, 2011
Frosbel, is it christainity that is taking over the world or Islam? Friend, better google well before pouring out dilulted facts.
Re: Muslim Women & Polygamy: Would You Tolerate A 2nd Wife? by aloyemeka4: 12:40pm On Nov 07, 2011
Abu Huraira reported Allah's Messenger as saying: By Him in Whose Hand is my life, when a man calls his wife to his bed, and she does not respond, the One Who is in the heaven is displeased with her until he (her husband) is pleased with her. Sahih Muslim, Book 008, Number 3367:

Abu Huraira reported Allah's Messenger as saying: When a man invites his wife to his bed and she does not come, and he (the husband) spends the night being angry with her, the angels curse her until morning. Sahih Muslim, Book 008, Number 3368

Is this how women are treated in Islam?. 5ex slaves?. The men not only have bootie buffet but threaten the women with curses from Allah if any of them refuses to service them when needed.
Re: Muslim Women & Polygamy: Would You Tolerate A 2nd Wife? by aribisala0(m): 12:55pm On Nov 07, 2011
If you buy a Hebrew slave, he is to serve for only six years.  Set him free in the seventh year, and he will owe you nothing for his freedom.  If he was single when he became your slave and then married afterward, only he will go free in the seventh year.  But if he was married before he became a slave, then his wife will be freed with him.  If his master gave him a wife while he was a slave, and they had sons or daughters, then the man will be free in the seventh year, but his wife and children will still belong to his master.  But the slave may plainly declare, 'I love my master, my wife, and my children.  I would rather not go free.'  If he does this, his master must present him before God.  Then his master must take him to the door and publicly pierce his ear with an awl.  After that, the slave will belong to his master forever.  (Exodus 21:2-6 NLT)
Re: Muslim Women & Polygamy: Would You Tolerate A 2nd Wife? by aribisala0(m): 12:57pm On Nov 07, 2011
So they sent twelve thousand warriors to Jabesh-gilead with orders to kill everyone there, including women and children.  "This is what you are to do," they said. "Completely destroy all the males and every woman who is not a virgin."  Among the residents of Jabesh-gilead [b]they found four hundred young virgins [/b]who had never slept with a man, and[b] they brought them to the camp at Shil[/b]oh in the land of Canaan.

The Israelite assembly sent a peace delegation to the little remnant of Benjamin who were living at the rock of Rimmon. Then the men of Benjamin returned to their homes, and the four hundred women of Jabesh-gilead who were spared were given to them as wives.  But there were not enough women for all of them.  The people felt sorry for Benjamin because the LORD had left this gap in the tribes of Israel.  So the Israelite leaders asked, "How can we find wives for the few who remain, since all the women of the tribe of Benjamin are dead?  There must be heirs for the survivors so that an entire tribe of Israel will not be lost forever.  But we cannot give them our own daughters in marriage because we have sworn with a solemn oath that anyone who does this will fall under God's curse."

Then they thought of the annual festival of the LORD held in Shiloh, between Lebonah and Bethel, along the east side of the road that goes from Bethel to Shechem.  They told the men of Benjamin who still needed wives, "Go and hide in the vineyards.  When the women of Shiloh come out for their dances, rush out from the vineyards, and each of you can take one of them home to be your wife!  And when their fathers and brothers come to us in protest, we will tell them, 'Please be understanding.  Let them have your daughters, for we didn't find enough wives for them when we destroyed Jabesh-gilead. And you are not guilty of breaking the vow since you did not give your daughters in marriage to them.'"  So the men of Benjamin did as they were told.  They kidnapped the women who took part in the celebration and carried them off to the land of their own inheritance.  Then they rebuilt their towns and lived in them.  So the assembly of Israel departed by tribes and families, and they returned to their own homes.
Re: Muslim Women & Polygamy: Would You Tolerate A 2nd Wife? by aribisala0(m): 12:58pm On Nov 07, 2011
(Deuteronomy 21:10-14 NAB)

"When you go out to war against your enemies and the LORD, your God, delivers them into your hand, so that you take captives, if you see a comely woman among the captives and become so enamored of her that you wish to have her as wife, you may take her home to your house. But before she may live there, she must shave her head and pare her nails and lay aside her captive's garb. After she has mourned her father and mother for a full month, you may have relations with her, and you shall be her husband and she shall be your wife. However, if later on you lose your liking for her, you shall give her her freedom, if she wishes it; but you shall not sell her or enslave her, since she was married to you under compulsion."
Re: Muslim Women & Polygamy: Would You Tolerate A 2nd Wife? by aribisala0(m): 1:02pm On Nov 07, 2011
 When a man sells his daughter as a slave, she will not be freed at the end of six years as the men are.  If she does not please the man who bought her, he may allow her to be bought back again.  But he is not allowed to sell her to foreigners, since he is the one who broke the contract with her.  And if the slave girl's owner arranges for her to marry his son, he may no longer treat her as a slave girl, but he must treat her as his daughter.  If he himself marries her and then takes another wife, he may not reduce her food or clothing or fail to sleep with her as his wife.  If he fails in any of these three ways, she may leave as a free woman without making any payment.  (Exodus 21:7-11 NLT)
Re: Muslim Women & Polygamy: Would You Tolerate A 2nd Wife? by ivoice247: 1:02am On Dec 30, 2011
Women are not like men, and most women’s heart cannot truly love more than one man at a time because that's the way allah created their heart but we men can love multiple women at a time and Allah knows us, and no woman can know a man more than allah and no man can know a woman more than allah. This is a fact.

Ask yourself this question;- why do most women want a second child after giving birth to the first? Is it because they don't love the first child any more, No! That 's the way allah created them, most women will always desire a second child just like most men will always desire a second woman whether for marriage or as a girlfriend, IT'S THAT SIMPLE, so let us all accept this fact and stop deceiving ourselves. This doesn't make man a bad person, that's just the way men are.

And by the way, polygamy was already existing before the revelation in the quran. So the verse was actually revealed only to put a peg on polygamy and limit it to four, because many men, kings etc were marrying hundreds of women in the past. And remember, the quran also states two, three, four or just one wife. So the quran also advises one wife, but if you happen to desire more than one, then its better you wed the second woman rather than keep as girlfriend because a girlfriend means she’ll eventually be someone else’s wife one day and that means you have committed fornication….
IT’S THAT SIMPLE, REALLY
Re: Muslim Women & Polygamy: Would You Tolerate A 2nd Wife? by ivoice247: 11:57am On Dec 30, 2011
I believe what the Glorious Book should have laid emphases on is Discipline and it shouldn't have encouraged polygamy for any so call reasons at all, saying that is the nature of man. It is a pure lie from the pit of hell sold by the devil. Once you tell God to help you with discipline you will find it easy and nice as a man. A man of will and discipline is strong and will withstand any act of adulterous life.

The glorious book (quran) did not encourage polygamy but actually reduced it and put a limit. Before the verse on polygamy was revealed in the quran, many men, kings, warriors and princes had hundreds of wives and concubines but the quran revealed that no matter how rich, powerful or influential any man is, he should not marry more than four(4) and the quran further states that if he can't manage them equally then the man must only stick to one wife; this is definitely the highest level of discipline you can give a man at the same time not causing too much harm to his sexual ego.
Re: Muslim Women & Polygamy: Would You Tolerate A 2nd Wife? by ugbohgloba(m): 12:05pm On Dec 30, 2011
brother u are right,
quoran is not bible pls dont ever compel both in one. any king who is not led my God spirit will end up making mistake of marrying many wife but beyound personal desciplin as a man let God words lead us to over those satanic weapon of lust leading to polygamy
Re: Muslim Women & Polygamy: Would You Tolerate A 2nd Wife? by ivoice247: 12:14pm On Dec 30, 2011
Abu Huraira reported Allah's Messenger as saying: By Him in Whose Hand is my life, when a man calls his wife to his bed, and she does not respond, the One Who is in the heaven is displeased with her until he (her husband) is pleased with her. Sahih Muslim, Book 008, Number 3367:

Abu Huraira reported Allah's Messenger as saying: When a man invites his wife to his bed and she does not come, and he (the husband) spends the night being angry with her, the angels curse her until morning. Sahih Muslim, Book 008, Number 3368

Is this how women are treated in Islam?. 5ex slaves?. The men not only have bootie buffet but threaten the women with curses from Allah if any of them refuses to service them when needed.

@aloyemeka, you have to understand the reasons behind these statements above before you come to a conclusion. Because i say "curse that man" doesn't mean i'm evil until you know why i said it. okay. This statement was issued against those wives who try and punish their husbands because of  misunderstanding by not sharing the bed with them. It still happens today that when a wife wants to get back at the husband, she does not share his bed especially when she knows he wants to sleep with her. You see in islam, satisfying each other's partner sexually is highly regarded as its one of the most fulfilling and enjoyable acts such that if a man or woman cannot satisfy one another, then its recommended that one divorces the other ( there is hadith to back this up)
Also, there is an hadith that states husbands will be ressurrected paralysed if they don't treat their wives fairly too, and many more hadith and verses in the quran that allah warns men to treat their wives with justice.
Re: Muslim Women & Polygamy: Would You Tolerate A 2nd Wife? by ivoice247: 12:18pm On Dec 30, 2011
brother u are right,
quoran is not bible pls dont ever compel both in one. any king who is not led my God spirit will end up making mistake of marrying many wife but beyound personal desciplin as a man let God words lead us to over those satanic weapon of lust leading to polygamy

Polygamy is not satanic, God permitted polygamy. Many prophets and men of God had more than one wife; even the father of faith, Prophet Abraham(as) had more than one wife.
Re: Muslim Women & Polygamy: Would You Tolerate A 2nd Wife? by maclatunji: 6:15pm On Dec 30, 2011
ivoice247:

[color=#550000][/color]

@aloyemeka, you have to understand the reasons behind these statements above before you come to a conclusion. Because i say "curse that man" doesn't mean i'm evil until you know why i said it. okay. This statement was issued against those wives who try and punish their husbands because of misunderstanding by not sharing the bed with them. It still happens today that when a wife wants to get back at the husband, she does not share his bed especially when she knows he wants to sleep with her. You see in islam, satisfying each other's partner sexually is highly regarded as its one of the most fulfilling and enjoyable acts such that if a man or woman cannot satisfy one another, then its recommended that one divorces the other ( there is hadith to back this up)
Also, there is an hadith that states husbands will be ressurrected paralysed if they don't treat their wives fairly too, and many more hadith and verses in the quran that Allah warns men to treat their wives with justice.
Re: Muslim Women & Polygamy: Would You Tolerate A 2nd Wife? by Azmarie(f): 11:20pm On Jul 05, 2013
I would definitely feel jealous and betrayed...however for some women this might be relief for them, because domestic chores would , be shared equally amongst both wives...but honestly speaking , I would hate it if my feature husband , had a second wife especially if she was younger and more attractive.
Re: Muslim Women & Polygamy: Would You Tolerate A 2nd Wife? by Nobody: 10:10am On Oct 15, 2013
Ima Ima: am not a muslim woman but am jealous and dont like to share.

besides i dont think the quaran(sorry if i missd d spellin) promotes polygamy.didnt it say that if the man can love the women equally, only then can he marry more than one wife?but we kno its not possible to love two pple the same way.
the qur'an ddnt ask any man to love his wives EQUALLY
Re: Muslim Women & Polygamy: Would You Tolerate A 2nd Wife? by cuteeme: 8:33am On Jun 22, 2020
maclatunji:
The right thing is not always easy; the Muslim man that wants to marry a second wife should use his head and the woman in accepting too should be patient without forgoing her rights under such an arrangement. I once created a thread asking women to choose between polygamy and their husbands having adulterous relationships. A lot of sensible ones mostly Christians preferred Polygamy so go and relax your itchy fingers OP.
If polygamy is not a pit or a trap, why should the first wife be more worried about her right, than accepting her rival... ur prophet did not use that to prevent adultery my dear, he only legalised it... if men are that randy, why dnt dey have 4 dicks each to service each pussies, your type start cussing people when you scared of contradicting you book and had... had... hadith or something... Stop fooling yourselves. Its ur women my bigger share of pity go.
Re: Muslim Women & Polygamy: Would You Tolerate A 2nd Wife? by cuteeme: 8:42am On Jun 22, 2020
As you men claim that 'men are polygamous in nature,' its quite rare to see a 100% faithful husband especially with this generation where many men are so weak and alredy have the mindset to cheat on their spouses like its an inevitable thing. I'd prefer it being a 'known' n approved thing rather than make it a secret and long-term betrayal.

So many men(including the so-called religious ones) out there claiming to be monogamists wv strings of mistresses n illegitimate children who end up turning the family into something else prolly aft d man's death (or even while he's still alive)cos the legal wife n children have been in d dark all d while. We have another category of those hu neglect their families because of a mistress and spend their hard-earned money on these mistresses while the family suffers back home, some run three different families wvout dem being aware of one another, n so on

Islam, being a religion of peace n one that abhors adultery has supported polygamy WITH a condition. A well-practised polygamy shouldn't create enemity, but rada, union n growth of the muslim community.

As human beings that we are, imperfect n sometyms selfish, we tend to do things to fulfill our personal\lustful desires, rather than for the sake of Allah.

I'm not from a polygamous home and I don't intend to venture into polygamous setting, BUT things don't always workout as planned as man only proposes, God disposes, reason for the reply I gave immediately after the post.
You kinda paint polygamy so marketable, why are you shying from signing up... inasmuch as some moslem faithfuls abuse the sole purpose of polygamy, some christian faithfuls equally abuse the sole purpose of monogamy as well... so don't join useless people to the tenets of christianity, inasmuch as you do not want us to join your bad eggs to your religion. If you guys are talking about polygamy, why do u pple immediately bring in christianity to compare it... this una envy no go kee una.
Re: Muslim Women & Polygamy: Would You Tolerate A 2nd Wife? by cuteeme: 8:56am On Jun 22, 2020
manmacho:
A man that is loose is loose let him seek help poligammy is never the solution

unless of cousre we wipe out all the women in the world.

the religion should be a standard for moral leaving not an excuse to be immoral

wetin bad, bad angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry
Four women in a field of over 1 billion women in the world is too small for one man na, mohammed would have extended to be 10 round number, or are the men scared that if its more than 4,some men no go see wife marry?, this is pure politics... hahahahahahahahaha... am happy i have just one husband, the only one he shows fhe world, i do not have the leftovers of another woman... My kids are his only and number one responsibilty... inasmuch as most men cheat, polygamy or not, he does not disgrace me by marrying another woman and subjecting me to be serving people food on their wedding day, Thank God for Christianity that upholds the value of women in the society... If a man suffers to marry just woman and knows that he will never marry again, won't he value that one knowing how much he suffered to get her hand, than the one that knows he can marry enough to his fill, how does such a person value a woman not to talk of women. in his mind, "if this one misbehave or am tired of her, i have opprtunity to marry another.
Re: Muslim Women & Polygamy: Would You Tolerate A 2nd Wife? by cuteeme: 2:18pm On Jun 22, 2020
deols:

exactly. Dont mind them. they are talking discipline when many of them, have slept with countless number of boy friends without being married.
you people that sleep with thousand Ahmeds, reject all the alfas and finally accept to marry one rich Alhaji with 3 wives nko... disgusting things
Re: Muslim Women & Polygamy: Would You Tolerate A 2nd Wife? by cuteeme: 2:24pm On Jun 22, 2020
nokia3310:

Talking about discipline now, Muslims have the highest order of morality on earth, even in Nigeria here the rate of immoral acts such as: fornication, adultery, abortion etc is higher in Christian dominated states than in Muslim dominated states
why won't it be when the punishment is death... if u take away that punishment, north will run wild of libido-itching men about. hahahha
Re: Muslim Women & Polygamy: Would You Tolerate A 2nd Wife? by cuteeme: 2:25pm On Jun 22, 2020

Mrs. don't even start with me, I am not deluded to believe in a religion where your heaven is a brothel and your prophet was a woman-wrapper.

Sickening.
worst is that she and her fellow sisters are not promised anything there, except of course join the bandwagon of bed warmers up there...
Re: Muslim Women & Polygamy: Would You Tolerate A 2nd Wife? by cuteeme: 2:28pm On Jun 22, 2020
Okijajuju1:

I'm sorry dear, but Its not like that. I just make them feel good, give them the attention their husbands fail to give them. And moreover, I knew both of them before they were forced into marriage. Atimes most women who cheat on their husbands dont do it because they are being sexually starved,  but cos they are emotionally neglected by their husbands, and thats where I come in.

I dont like it but if I dont do it, some other punk would just take advantage of them.
So much for having pious wives.... no be all better heads hijab dey cover...

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Muslims Praying In Bayelsa Shut Down A Major Road, Cars Blocked (Photos) / Things To Do During The Holy Month Of Ramadan / Islamic Ruling On MMM

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 125
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.