Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,535 members, 7,837,052 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 04:13 PM

Couple Whose Wedding Was Cancelled Over Pregnancy Weds In Another Church In Aba - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Couple Whose Wedding Was Cancelled Over Pregnancy Weds In Another Church In Aba (42728 Views)

Another Church Member Exposes Tb Joshua's Dirty Secrets... A Must Watch / MFM Church Bride Weds Without Makeup, Rocks Makeup At Reception / Social Distancing At MFM Church In Aba Today (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Couple Whose Wedding Was Cancelled Over Pregnancy Weds In Another Church In Aba by chris51(f): 5:42pm On Nov 29, 2023
TechCapon:
grin

You have decided to be a slave to your pastor and church so take whatever embarrassment they give you. As for me, I'm not a slave to any pastor and I won't place myself in a situation where a person will embarrass me in the name of church. Is church marriage compulsory?

I wonder. Church marriage is not compulsory. Registry marriage is more official
Re: Couple Whose Wedding Was Cancelled Over Pregnancy Weds In Another Church In Aba by Barcalee: 6:11pm On Nov 29, 2023
Some churches be like holier than thou....shioor
Re: Couple Whose Wedding Was Cancelled Over Pregnancy Weds In Another Church In Aba by malaria(f): 6:13pm On Nov 29, 2023
The groom ma correct guy . No dulling, had it been they are big people of the society, their church will not remember the rules.
Re: Couple Whose Wedding Was Cancelled Over Pregnancy Weds In Another Church In Aba by Lee99: 6:18pm On Nov 29, 2023
Fiscus105:

How are you coping in real life? how people around you coping with personality that attack every action positive or negative?

Little wonder marriage not lasting again, how would woman that frigile already, cope with mad cow? That bitter 24/7 on everything?

If church sanctions thing like this and u still condernming the church. Oga u destroy already . May God save u.
Let God save your English olodo
Re: Couple Whose Wedding Was Cancelled Over Pregnancy Weds In Another Church In Aba by malaria(f): 6:21pm On Nov 29, 2023
Lee99:
Meanwhile people are still fornicating in that church, hypocrites everywhere, the pastor will be pained...
Must you even marry in the church? What happened to court wedding?
I keep on asking if people still dey reason church . Because the way some Nigerians dey carry church for head eeee but their hearts and characters are something else . Mere looking at those intending couple, you will see that they are just trying to live their calm quie, low life . If na rich people now, I do not thin the church will remember that rule
Re: Couple Whose Wedding Was Cancelled Over Pregnancy Weds In Another Church In Aba by TechCapon(m): 6:30pm On Nov 29, 2023
chris51:

I wonder. Church marriage is not compulsory. Registry marriage is more official
exactly and traditional is more important
Re: Couple Whose Wedding Was Cancelled Over Pregnancy Weds In Another Church In Aba by bigiyaro(m): 6:45pm On Nov 29, 2023
thorpido:
The Church rule is to put the horse before the cart.
Do the right thing and every other thing can follow.
Unfortunately you are ignorant.
There are places in Nigeria where the traditional marriage will not be conducted if the bride is pregnant!Rules are rules!!
where is that?
Re: Couple Whose Wedding Was Cancelled Over Pregnancy Weds In Another Church In Aba by emekajacobogbon(m): 7:20pm On Nov 29, 2023
thorpido:
There are places in Nigeria where the traditional marriage will not be conducted if the bride is pregnant!Rules are rules!!

Unfortunately, it's hypocrite like you who pretend to abide by laws that do abortions secretly and appear law abiding.

In this life, only me and my God.
No rules exist anywhere for me
Re: Couple Whose Wedding Was Cancelled Over Pregnancy Weds In Another Church In Aba by Lee99: 7:26pm On Nov 29, 2023
malaria:

I keep on asking if people still dey reason church . Because the way some Nigerians dey carry church for head eeee but their hearts and characters are something else . Mere looking at those intending couple, you will see that they are just trying to live their calm quie, low life . If na rich people now, I do not thin the church will remember that rule
Exactly, if they were elites would the church not bend their rules for them? That's why I called them hypocrites
Re: Couple Whose Wedding Was Cancelled Over Pregnancy Weds In Another Church In Aba by Blackdisciple(m): 7:29pm On Nov 29, 2023
The pregnancy no show proberly they told the pastor anyways congrats to them
Re: Couple Whose Wedding Was Cancelled Over Pregnancy Weds In Another Church In Aba by pretydiva(f): 8:07pm On Nov 29, 2023
That has been the church policy. Assemblies of God church do not Wed couple that have engaged in premarital sex

1 Like

Re: Couple Whose Wedding Was Cancelled Over Pregnancy Weds In Another Church In Aba by Abemy(m): 8:15pm On Nov 29, 2023
The groom resemble one of the actors in a movie titled "Jehovah witnesses" the guys were prosmecious in the movie, if he is the one, the movie affected him in real life.
Re: Couple Whose Wedding Was Cancelled Over Pregnancy Weds In Another Church In Aba by StUriah(m): 8:33pm On Nov 29, 2023
But how na?

Why bra Israel & Sister Rose no fit hold body? Who dey training you how una go nack, a bi, no be pastor you be?
Re: Couple Whose Wedding Was Cancelled Over Pregnancy Weds In Another Church In Aba by tunexy123: 9:01pm On Nov 29, 2023
Where was it written in the bible that church marriage is compulsory and beside, what happens to a woman that did series of abortions and still went ahead to do white wedding?
Re: Couple Whose Wedding Was Cancelled Over Pregnancy Weds In Another Church In Aba by linearity: 9:43pm On Nov 29, 2023
thorpido:

I see that, you could not cite any Biblical precedent or passage for Church wedding.
Re: Couple Whose Wedding Was Cancelled Over Pregnancy Weds In Another Church In Aba by thorpido(m): 10:17pm On Nov 29, 2023
emekajacobogbon:

Unfortunately, it's hypocrite like you who pretend to abide by laws that do abortions secretly and appear law abiding.

In this life, only me and my God.
No rules exist anywhere for me
For you to make a statement of fact on something you have no proof of shows you're not just the hypocrite you state but you are just foolish.
Re: Couple Whose Wedding Was Cancelled Over Pregnancy Weds In Another Church In Aba by BarrElChapo(m): 10:27pm On Nov 29, 2023
They did wrong but are actively trying to correct their wrong in holy matrimony why refuse them that ?
Re: Couple Whose Wedding Was Cancelled Over Pregnancy Weds In Another Church In Aba by Vision101(m): 2:26am On Nov 30, 2023
The couple don't know what they are doing. You are a member of a church. During the marriage counseling you were told the doctrine and rules of the church and you accepted.

You went against the rules and you were sanctioned and you ran away and went to another church and wedded and you are happy and you think that you have won. You have breached a spiritual law. A church is not an ordinary place.

I always advise church workers that if you go against the doctrine of your church and you are punished, don't leave the church immediately. If you do the curse is on you because you are acting in disobedience. Stay and serve the punishment. When it is lifted, if you desire you can leave the church.

The ordinary church goer might not understand these things but a true christian should.
Re: Couple Whose Wedding Was Cancelled Over Pregnancy Weds In Another Church In Aba by jamesharryson(m): 1:42pm On Nov 30, 2023
thorpido:
No tradition supports wedding a pregnant woman. They will suspend the wedding till the child is born.
But as for Church, no church has the right to cancel a church wedding after the traditional wedding has been done. I almost saw myself in the same problem. I had my traditional wedding on 31st October 2020 and decided to bless the marriage in church on June 6th 2021 after 8 solid month and this same church brought up the same story of not wedding me because my wife is living with me. Like I don't understand, I should abandon a wife who I have married, just because one who is imitating a white man's culture said so?

To cut the long story short, Assemblies of God church lost 6 money-bringing members (Me, my wife, my two kids and my 2 domestic staff).
Re: Couple Whose Wedding Was Cancelled Over Pregnancy Weds In Another Church In Aba by Ozap: 10:56pm On Nov 30, 2023
jamesharryson:

No tradition supports wedding a pregnant woman. They will suspend the wedding till the child is born.
But as for Church, no church has the right to cancel a church wedding after the traditional wedding has been done. I almost saw myself in the same problem. I had my traditional wedding on 31st October 2020 and decided to bless the marriage in church on June 6th 2021 after 8 solid month and this same church brought up the same story of not wedding me because my wife is living with me. Like I don't understand, I should abandon a wife who I have married, just because one who is imitating a white man's culture said so?

To cut the long story short, Assemblies of God church lost 6 money-bringing members (Me, my wife, my two kids and my 2 domestic staff).

I'm sure God would raise 6×6 "money bringing members"

You knew the doctrine of the church Sir, if they bend the rule for you, that means they'd have to do so for others.

Don't be offended, but if white wedding is not important why did you decide to "bless" it in church, you could have continued with the traditional marriage only, nobody would query you as a money bringing member sir.
Re: Couple Whose Wedding Was Cancelled Over Pregnancy Weds In Another Church In Aba by jamesharryson(m): 6:59am On Dec 01, 2023
[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font]
Ozap:

I'm sure God would raise 6×6 "money bringing members"

You knew the doctrine of the church Sir, if they bend the rule for you, that means they'd have to do so for others.

Don't be offended, but if white wedding is not important why did you decide to "bless" it in church, you could have continued with the traditional marriage only, nobody would query you as a money bringing member sir.

Oga, dont be blinded by stupid doctrine. Religion is really the opium of the masses. So having married a woman, I should leave her for one more year before I can bring her to my house. My dear I wake up. This is 21st century. Our fathers were not this daft. The whites must be really Shading tears for us because we are more Catholic than the Romans.
Re: Couple Whose Wedding Was Cancelled Over Pregnancy Weds In Another Church In Aba by mechanics(m): 4:02pm On Dec 01, 2023
thorpido:
That's true.
Re: Couple Whose Wedding Was Cancelled Over Pregnancy Weds In Another Church In Aba by mechanics(m): 4:02pm On Dec 01, 2023
They should know that they went outside God's plan for marriage for his people, it's very wrong for a lady to be pregnant before wedding.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Rev King To Die By Hanging: Supreme-Court Orders / Pastor Mike David Threatens To Expose Apostle Suleiman Over Stephanie Otobo Saga / Anambra Catholic Church Attack - Police Nab Suspects

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.