Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,320 members, 7,836,387 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 06:47 AM

The Chicken I Bought 6500 - Good Or Bad Bargain? - Food (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / The Chicken I Bought 6500 - Good Or Bad Bargain? (63494 Views)

See The Chicken I Bought 6k Today / Expensive Jollof Rice & Chicken I Just Bought (pics) / See The Chicken I Bought For 8k (pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Chicken I Bought 6500 - Good Or Bad Bargain? by Realist777: 9:45pm On Dec 03, 2023
skultrick:
I bought this chicken for 6500 and I feel it’s a nice bargain, especially considering the current realities. What do you think?
This is not a chicken but a baby-goat
The price is fair

3 Likes

Re: The Chicken I Bought 6500 - Good Or Bad Bargain? by Tinymayour: 10:04pm On Dec 03, 2023
I suspect this comrade that typed this , nah kushka , is that you lol

Acidosis:
Put on a weighing scale. Anything below 2.5-3kg is a total waste of money.
Re: The Chicken I Bought 6500 - Good Or Bad Bargain? by skultrick(m): 10:20pm On Dec 03, 2023
Raregem9000:
is it old layers? I bought two of old layers for 5k of recent direct from a farm

No, it's broiler.

2 Likes

Re: The Chicken I Bought 6500 - Good Or Bad Bargain? by chypotenti(m): 10:31pm On Dec 03, 2023
Nazgul:
You can't buy a full chicken for N6,500. Unless it died and the owner wanted to sell it off urgently.

The presence of the head, leg and liver shows that it was either slaughtered or it recently just died cos frozen chickens don't come with heads, feet or liver.

Currently, 1 kilo of the smallest chicken lap (4pieces) is 4k. Two kilos would be 8k. This chicken you're claiming to buy for N6,500 is way over 3 kilos.

And if you must know, live broiler is 14k. The biggest size...So either you tell us the story behind how you bought a full chicken for such amount, or you stop lying to our faces.

Most of the people here saying it's a wonderful deal haven't bought chicken in months (or even years) I bought a live chicken 2 weeks ago for 14k with abeg, and bought 2kilos of chicken laps just yesterday. So I know how much these things are sold.
my brother you dey enter market so That's old layer chicken and yes #6500 is even much, I can get that chicken 4500 here....
Re: The Chicken I Bought 6500 - Good Or Bad Bargain? by PaulH07: 10:40pm On Dec 03, 2023
LadyRosa2:
Tired of eating chicken.
Still have so many in my fridge, for months.

Goat and beef, I'm tired! embarassed embarassed

Right now, I just don't know any alternatives.

Try starving, it works.
Re: The Chicken I Bought 6500 - Good Or Bad Bargain? by AbuAeesha: 10:43pm On Dec 03, 2023
Nazgul:
You can't buy a full chicken for N6,500. Unless it died and the owner wanted to sell it off urgently.

The presence of the head, leg and liver shows that it was either slaughtered or it recently just died cos frozen chickens don't come with heads, feet or liver.

Currently, 1 kilo of the smallest chicken lap (4pieces) is 4k. Two kilos would be 8k. This chicken you're claiming to buy for N6,500 is way over 3 kilos.

And if you must know, live broiler is 14k. The biggest size...So either you tell us the story behind how you bought a full chicken for such amount, or you stop lying to our faces.

Most of the people here saying it's a wonderful deal haven't bought chicken in months (or even years) I bought a live chicken 2 weeks ago for 14k with abeg, and bought 2kilos of chicken laps just yesterday. So I know how much these things are sold.

You will buy nice chicken at that price here in the north.

1 Like

Re: The Chicken I Bought 6500 - Good Or Bad Bargain? by delpee(f): 10:45pm On Dec 03, 2023
justuschi50:
no, from the poultry it is 3k. The retail price is 5k to 6k

Depends on the type and where you buy from. You can still get old layers for between 4 -5k in Lagos.
Re: The Chicken I Bought 6500 - Good Or Bad Bargain? by yewit37486: 12:02am On Dec 04, 2023
psalmsjob, where did you get your own live chicken for N3,000 as you posted in the thread below?!!

https://www.nairaland.com/7929459/cost-living-nigeria-cheaper-than
Re: The Chicken I Bought 6500 - Good Or Bad Bargain? by Karleb(m): 1:31am On Dec 04, 2023
This guy probably went there with a gun.

1 Like

Re: The Chicken I Bought 6500 - Good Or Bad Bargain? by LadyRosa2(f): 2:44am On Dec 04, 2023
Leoleo1:
Go for roasted and dried guinea fowl. Usually spiced. You'll thank God for the yummy taste. Usually around 10k or so

Its still bird na,my brother.
Re: The Chicken I Bought 6500 - Good Or Bad Bargain? by LadyRosa2(f): 2:44am On Dec 04, 2023
Olarewaju89:

Try dog meant.

cheesy grin
I don't eat pets
Re: The Chicken I Bought 6500 - Good Or Bad Bargain? by LadyRosa2(f): 2:48am On Dec 04, 2023
InfinixMine:

There are other sources of protein you can try beef, lamb, pork, turkey, duck, fish and seafood.

since your tire share location wink grin

Lol, seafood is the best alternative here since others still fall on the category of birds.

But unlike birds seafood are very very expensive especially in the state where I live, and you get them frozen unlike in lagos, PH or Sea states where its gotten fresh.

In restaurants now for ABJ before you chop sea food dish to your fill you gats owe like 18 to 25k.
Re: The Chicken I Bought 6500 - Good Or Bad Bargain? by LadyRosa2(f): 2:49am On Dec 04, 2023
TheSourcerer:
Snails .

Yea, I do.
But 4 jumbo peppered snails for here na like 10k.

Even if you want to prepare soup with it, its very expensive if you want it to be really visible in your pot of soup.
Re: The Chicken I Bought 6500 - Good Or Bad Bargain? by LadyRosa2(f): 2:52am On Dec 04, 2023
Goddyrichie:
let me pay u a visit this Xmas to help u chop all this meat 🍖 na

Lol. I don't mind oooo.
Re: The Chicken I Bought 6500 - Good Or Bad Bargain? by LadyRosa2(f): 2:53am On Dec 04, 2023
Ask4bigneyo:

Make i drop my add make u waybill them to me?

What state are you?
Re: The Chicken I Bought 6500 - Good Or Bad Bargain? by zedegit: 3:02am On Dec 04, 2023
skultrick:
I bought this chicken for 6500 and I feel it’s a nice bargain, especially considering the current realities. What do you think?

You should be happy even getting live chicken of #6500 with current situation.
Re: The Chicken I Bought 6500 - Good Or Bad Bargain? by Versal: 5:22am On Dec 04, 2023
LadyRosa2:
Tired of eating chicken.

Abeg, give me your address make i come carry, replace am with fishes for you
grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: The Chicken I Bought 6500 - Good Or Bad Bargain? by adanonso(f): 5:39am On Dec 04, 2023
ahnie:
Nada concern me with buying Xmas chicken,I get the ones wey I don rear,I just dey pray fervently make boys for street no help me runnam

Like they ran mine last Christmas. ThMk God for my sister in-law who gave us one.
Re: The Chicken I Bought 6500 - Good Or Bad Bargain? by adanonso(f): 5:40am On Dec 04, 2023
LadyRosa2:
Tired of eating chicken.

Send to me abeg. So you can try fresh fish. Or if you like bush meat
Re: The Chicken I Bought 6500 - Good Or Bad Bargain? by nonxo007(m): 5:59am On Dec 04, 2023
Nazgul:

Please where are you located?
Re: The Chicken I Bought 6500 - Good Or Bad Bargain? by ChoCho54(f): 6:42am On Dec 04, 2023
Nazgul:

Aswearugad grin
Re: The Chicken I Bought 6500 - Good Or Bad Bargain? by LadyRosa2(f): 6:50am On Dec 04, 2023
adanonso:

Send to me abeg. So you can try fresh fish. Or if you like bush meat

Lol. Where do you stay?
Re: The Chicken I Bought 6500 - Good Or Bad Bargain? by Dayorrrr: 7:01am On Dec 04, 2023
skultrick:

Exactly what I told the guy, he asked to choose and it wasn't easy making a choice. With a scale, it's straightforward and easy.
brother please can you assist me with anything even 1k I will appreciate me and my kid haven't eaten any real food since yesterday may you never lack
Re: The Chicken I Bought 6500 - Good Or Bad Bargain? by Acidosis(m): 7:29am On Dec 04, 2023
TheMostComplex1:

Many people don't eat frozen foods because fresh foods are healthier

Jokes. So when you kill a live chicken, do you consume everything in a single meal?

I hope these "many people" also drink fresh water from the borehole or stream as opposed to frozen water (cold bottle water, pure water, etc.)?
Re: The Chicken I Bought 6500 - Good Or Bad Bargain? by mukthar2000(m): 7:35am On Dec 04, 2023
Imaging #6500, that is why every NL should start breading chicks its very profits . DM me for ur charismax chicken for #4500.

Re: The Chicken I Bought 6500 - Good Or Bad Bargain? by GiZcorp: 7:39am On Dec 04, 2023
Must you kill it before showing us? Nigerians and murder are inseparable!
Re: The Chicken I Bought 6500 - Good Or Bad Bargain? by Acidosis(m): 7:43am On Dec 04, 2023
mukthar2000:
Imaging #6500, that is why every NL should start breading chicks its very profits . DM me for ur charismax chicken for #4500.

Every NL don't have to start breading. We only need the right information. I bet you bought this chicken for #3500 from Ikorodu farms.
Re: The Chicken I Bought 6500 - Good Or Bad Bargain? by deebrain(m): 8:04am On Dec 04, 2023
Good deal. In Lagos?
Re: The Chicken I Bought 6500 - Good Or Bad Bargain? by 371olutumibi: 8:48am On Dec 04, 2023
You stay in AbujaYou stay in Abuja...
Re: The Chicken I Bought 6500 - Good Or Bad Bargain? by putin2: 8:55am On Dec 04, 2023
Na for farm you buy it,or thief you thief amu
Re: The Chicken I Bought 6500 - Good Or Bad Bargain? by adanny01(m): 9:10am On Dec 04, 2023
Nazgul:

You must be typing from Ghana
Re: The Chicken I Bought 6500 - Good Or Bad Bargain? by mechanics(m): 9:15am On Dec 04, 2023
It's cheap.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

See The Fried Ripe Plantain I Bought For ₦100 In Abuja / The ₦2000 Plantain I Bought Around Chevron Lekki Yesterday / Igbo Man Chikezie Introduces His Lovely Chinese Wife Erica To Vegetable Soup

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.