Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,938 members, 7,835,126 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 05:14 AM

Nigerians Who Can't Explain Their Sources Of Wealth Would Be Arrested, Charged.. - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerians Who Can't Explain Their Sources Of Wealth Would Be Arrested, Charged.. (24137 Views)

Breakdown Of $3.65 Billion Abacha's Recovered Loot And Their Sources / Tinubu: A Man Who Can't Hold Paper Has Won APC Primaries - Deji Adeyanju / I Was First To Prove Onnoghen Has Money He Can't Explain- Sowore (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians Who Can't Explain Their Sources Of Wealth Would Be Arrested, Charged.. by Konjiboii: 12:11pm On Dec 04, 2023
Lol , make dem start with the oga patapata BATman, all this one na witch-hunt. They want to control even the wealthy so that they will rule with an iron fist. No one will escape this wrath. The agenda is in motion and e go touch everybody.
Re: Nigerians Who Can't Explain Their Sources Of Wealth Would Be Arrested, Charged.. by Showguyz: 12:11pm On Dec 04, 2023
forgiveness:
This will go a long way in curtailing kidnapping, ritual, Yahoo Yahoo etc because you will be arrested for not showing your source of wealth.
NA to just talk forex trade
Dey play
Re: Nigerians Who Can't Explain Their Sources Of Wealth Would Be Arrested, Charged.. by Dragonsword: 12:11pm On Dec 04, 2023
Police should first purge itself of all the criminal elements that full @nigeria police force and that's the good start from
Re: Nigerians Who Can't Explain Their Sources Of Wealth Would Be Arrested, Charged.. by Lukuluku69(m): 12:12pm On Dec 04, 2023
erico2k2:

We started with someone who earns no income i n Nigeria but yet well todo,
I will use myself as an Example, I don't work or earn in Nigeria, but I do not do Biz but work for an organization. People who are on PAYE do not require self-assessment done and we are taxed according to our tax codes, which won't make sense to any Nigerian in Nigeria s we do not have a tax code.

You have to read the Post I responded to. Then you will know why I wrote what I did.
Re: Nigerians Who Can't Explain Their Sources Of Wealth Would Be Arrested, Charged.. by ObidenceNeckpre: 12:12pm On Dec 04, 2023
IGBOS we start shouting "They hate us now oooo" , watch
Re: Nigerians Who Can't Explain Their Sources Of Wealth Would Be Arrested, Charged.. by spiSeyi: 12:12pm On Dec 04, 2023
nedu666:

Fake news master. In which country did abacha appoint obi as npa chairman
Obi himself couldn't deny it grin grin

Re: Nigerians Who Can't Explain Their Sources Of Wealth Would Be Arrested, Charged.. by Greatness09: 12:13pm On Dec 04, 2023
rayopt:
Some of yall are really daft. Who told you that Tinubu can't explain his source of wealth? E-diots. This is how yall chase useless cases in courts with media info.

If you like enter street with untold wealth and no form of online or offline employment, na prison u go sleep. Dey deceive yourself

Another stupid e-diot is asking police to arrest people that can't explain their poverty. Education is really failed in Nigeria because wtf is all these narratives?

Do anybody has to anything to be poor?

You have no point my dear
Re: Nigerians Who Can't Explain Their Sources Of Wealth Would Be Arrested, Charged.. by Trimjos: 12:14pm On Dec 04, 2023
Lukuluku69:

Lol

He was Never "A mere Auditor".

Check his Profile while he was with Mobil. #50m would have been chicken feed to him by 1999.

you must be fvcking joker. If you know nada about mobil, shut up coz u re here making fool of urself
Re: Nigerians Who Can't Explain Their Sources Of Wealth Would Be Arrested, Charged.. by Greatness09: 12:16pm On Dec 04, 2023
Am suprised at some people level of thinking seeing such a post and still supporting that a police officer can just stop anyone and ask for his/her source of wealth without any suspicion/report/investigation/warrant….like what the hell is wrong with these stupid APC sympathizers….
Re: Nigerians Who Can't Explain Their Sources Of Wealth Would Be Arrested, Charged.. by Lukuluku69(m): 12:16pm On Dec 04, 2023
Trimjos:

you must be fvcking joker. If you know nada about mobil, shut up coz u re here making fool of urself

Wikipedia also making a fool of themselves?

Re: Nigerians Who Can't Explain Their Sources Of Wealth Would Be Arrested, Charged.. by OfoIgbo: 12:18pm On Dec 04, 2023
Patriotsleague:

So Peter Obi suggested this apartheid, slavery principles, in a free country...

Obi alleged that any wealthy man without any source of wealth is probably a crook.

Tinubu just wants to empower police to commence another avenue of corruption and intimidation of the public.

So the police have to first of all, commence with Tinubu, who has lived a forged and fake and drug-financed life.
Re: Nigerians Who Can't Explain Their Sources Of Wealth Would Be Arrested, Charged.. by OfoIgbo: 12:19pm On Dec 04, 2023
Patriotsleague:

So Peter Obi suggested this apartheid, slavery principles , in a free country...

Obi alleged that any wealthy man without any source of wealth is probably a crook.

Tinubu just wants to empower police to commence another avenue of corruption and intimidation of the public.

So the police have to first of all, commence with Tinubu, who has lived a forged and fake and drug-financed life.

And btw, PRINCIPLE is different from POLICY
Re: Nigerians Who Can't Explain Their Sources Of Wealth Would Be Arrested, Charged.. by Patriotsleague: 12:20pm On Dec 04, 2023
OfoIgbo:

But you said Obi suggested it, Tinubu didn't...that police man is talking nonsense, profiling is not allowed in our constitution, unless a report is made, or investigation is on course, police can not just stop and profile people.
Re: Nigerians Who Can't Explain Their Sources Of Wealth Would Be Arrested, Charged.. by XAUBulls: 12:23pm On Dec 04, 2023
Elxandre:

He has denied owning the same Alpha Beta.
Tinubu has never claimed any business linked to him, yet he owns a private jet.
Stop this highly defamatory and fake news you're spreading here on an open discussion forum.

There was NEVER anytime President Tinubu denied owning or co-founding AlphaBeta. Everyone that is knowledgeable knows full well that he owns the foremost accounting and auditing firm which helped to revolutionize tax collection from a very paltry sum of less than 1 billion before 1999 to what it is in billions of Naira today to such an extent that former Governor Babatunde Raji-Fasola clearly stated that Lagos State can survive without any Federal allocation. Even non-APC states are currently clients of Alpha Beta as of now.

Last but not least, of course if you are contesting for a major political position, you have to step down as the Executive Director/Chairman etc, of your companies so that your political interests and private company interests do NOT clash. Period.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Who Can't Explain Their Sources Of Wealth Would Be Arrested, Charged.. by MEEVEET: 12:26pm On Dec 04, 2023
spiSeyi:

Tell us the name of the company, I challenge again who was Obi before he was introduced to Abacha for NPA chairman. Abacha loot history and atrocity with NPA is not complete without the likes of PO that served as his looting conduit undecided . When the likes of BAT was in NADECO claomuring for Democracy Obi was licking Abacha hairy balls. undecided
Go and fact check all I wrote PBAT was a millionaire in the early 90s, PBAT was one of MKO's close Alies cool

Firstly obi was never NPA chairman never

Obi family owned a company called next international

In the 1980s the present sultan was his tenant in nsukka Enugu state

He was well know for buying and selling even before taking over next from his mother

Bros bat was a millionaire blah blah blah name one of his company as at 1999 January

As at 1999 January obi ran Next international
He owned fidelity bank and many other small banks

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Who Can't Explain Their Sources Of Wealth Would Be Arrested, Charged.. by MEEVEET: 12:27pm On Dec 04, 2023
Lukuluku69:

You know who/what an Executive is?

Wikipedia? Lol something I can edit now now too?
Re: Nigerians Who Can't Explain Their Sources Of Wealth Would Be Arrested, Charged.. by MEEVEET: 12:27pm On Dec 04, 2023
Gboom:

Go to CAC and ask and stop this your stupidity
So you don't know?
Re: Nigerians Who Can't Explain Their Sources Of Wealth Would Be Arrested, Charged.. by XAUBulls: 12:30pm On Dec 04, 2023
erico2k2:

Under what law though? charge as i n?
The article below is from India, but it shows that this is a GLOBAL phenomenon or legal power given to the police worldwide. It's a normal operational procedure but some rogues within the Nigerian police abused the process. So, ONLY policemen and police women with body cameras should be mandated to carry out such investigations to prevent extortion of innocent folks.

"Freezing of Bank Accounts by Investigating Authorities: Breaking the ice on the legal position and remedies"

=>https://www.lexology.com/library/detail.aspx%3Fg%3Db5ff8995-a366-4963-be83-f0ccdd98998b

B. Ambit of Power of Investigating Authorities

To understand the scope of powers that the investigating authorities possess to freeze a bank account, one needs to dive into the source of the power itself. This source can be traced to Section 102 of the Code of Criminal Procedure, 1973 (‘CrPC’).

The purpose of Section 102 of the CrPC is to secure the property which has been or suspected to be stolen or which has a direct nexus with the commission of a crime from being ‘disposed of’ or ‘destroyed’. Such a measure of seizing property including freezing of bank accounts ensures that the court is able to get back the property concerned. Section 102 of the CrPC falls under Chapter VII which deals with the ‘Processes to Compel the Production of Things’. The provision states:

Power of police officer to seize certain property

(1) Any police officer may seize any property which may be alleged or suspected to have been stolen, or which may be found under circumstances which create suspicion of the commission of any offence.
Re: Nigerians Who Can't Explain Their Sources Of Wealth Would Be Arrested, Charged.. by IfnobeGod20: 12:31pm On Dec 04, 2023
MEEVEET:
Let's start with tinubu

I challenge anyone name one Tinubu business or company he had as at 1999 worth 50 million and win 100k ... I dare anyone
None of his supporter can come bold to defend this challenge. The only billionaire with no known enterprise in Nigeria, Mr. Bola Ahmed Tinubu.
Re: Nigerians Who Can't Explain Their Sources Of Wealth Would Be Arrested, Charged.. by FireUpNow(m): 12:34pm On Dec 04, 2023
Many police officers cannot explain their sources of wealth. How much is their salary and how much loan did they collect? Ok oo
Re: Nigerians Who Can't Explain Their Sources Of Wealth Would Be Arrested, Charged.. by Lukuluku69(m): 12:35pm On Dec 04, 2023
MEEVEET:

Wikipedia? Lol something I can edit now now too?

OK.

He was a mere Auditor then.

We can all sleep easy now.
Re: Nigerians Who Can't Explain Their Sources Of Wealth Would Be Arrested, Charged.. by OfoIgbo: 12:35pm On Dec 04, 2023
Patriotsleague:

But you said Obi suggested it , Tinubu didn't...that police man is talking nonsense, profiling is not allowed in our constitution, unless a report is made, or investigation is on course, police can not just stop and profile people.

I never wrote that Obi suggested it. I only insinuated that Tinubu is stealing Obi's PRINCIPLES.

Principles is totally different from POLICY.

Everyone knows that the policy that the Tinubu government wants to adopt is archaic. Why will you even expect a certificate forger to come up with a proper humane policy to deal with issues of WEALTH WITHOUT ENTERPRISE?

Someone that bribed, forged and killed his way to power. What does he know about leadership in a civil setting?
Re: Nigerians Who Can't Explain Their Sources Of Wealth Would Be Arrested, Charged.. by spiSeyi: 12:41pm On Dec 04, 2023
MEEVEET:

Firstly obi was never NPA chairman never

Obi family owned a company called next international

In the 1980s the present sultan was his tenant in nsukka Enugu state

He was well know for buying and selling even before taking over next from his mother

Bros bat was a millionaire blah blah blah name one of his company as at 1999 January

As at 1999 January obi ran Next international
He owned fidelity bank and many other small banks
Stop defending your illusion, Obi himself couldn't deny it he was part of Abacha's corrupt and Notorious government. You act as if you are well informed but you have just proven that you know nothing about most Nigerian politicians background PO Pandora scandal has been since 1998 but no one dears touched the issue because he was hiding under a dictator (Gen. Sani Abacha) Atiku and PBAT are a saint compared to a man who served as a looting conduit to Abacha

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Who Can't Explain Their Sources Of Wealth Would Be Arrested, Charged.. by patrickcollins: 12:43pm On Dec 04, 2023
Areacleo:
This is the best way to develop the country only if they can truly enforce it.
Then the whole political office holder should be arrested and jailed, how much is their salary per month sum it up for 4 or 8 years it does not amount to the wealth they acquire
Re: Nigerians Who Can't Explain Their Sources Of Wealth Would Be Arrested, Charged.. by erico2k2(m): 12:49pm On Dec 04, 2023
XAUBulls:

The article below is from India, but it shows that this is a GLOBAL phenomenon or power given to the police worldwide.

"Freezing of Bank Accounts by Investigating Authorities: Breaking the ice on the legal position and remedies"
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&opi=89978449&url=https://www.lexology.com/library/detail.aspx%3Fg%3Db5ff8995-a366-4963-be83-f0ccdd98998b&ved=2ahUKEwit-sT-1fWCAxVhXUEAHdxjClgQFnoECCUQAQ&usg=AOvVaw0zwD-6wLdKIjaAW8Kx4Dte

B. Ambit of Power of Investigating Authorities

To understand the scope of powers that the investigating authorities possess to freeze a bank account, one needs to dive into the source of the power itself. This source can be traced to Section 102 of the Code of Criminal Procedure, 1973 (‘CrPC’).

The purpose of Section 102 of the CrPC is to secure the property which has been or suspected to be stolen or which has a direct nexus with the commission of a crime from being ‘disposed of’ or ‘destroyed’. Such a measure of seizing property including freezing of bank accounts ensures that the court is able to get back the property concerned. Section 102 of the CrPC falls under Chapter VII which deals with the ‘Processes to Compel the Production of Things’. The provision states:

Power of police officer to seize certain property.—

(1) Any police officer may seize any property which may be alleged or suspected to have been stolen, or which may be found under circumstances which create suspicion of the commission of any offence.

Read it again, you must have reasonable evidence to connect the property or asset as a proceed of crime, its same in the UK.U just do not see a person having a private jet and you seize it.you must be able to link it as a proceed of crime! The onus of proof is on the prosecutor not the owner to connect it to crime

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Nigerians Who Can't Explain Their Sources Of Wealth Would Be Arrested, Charged.. by Teenaira: 12:50pm On Dec 04, 2023
OfoIgbo:
People trying to steal Peter Obi's principles.

Anyway they have to start with Tinubu. Let Tinubu explain his source of wealth over the past 40 years

Since it is Peter Obi’s principle, he should take the lead to explain his source of wealth over the past 35 years.
Re: Nigerians Who Can't Explain Their Sources Of Wealth Would Be Arrested, Charged.. by SirLakes: 12:51pm On Dec 04, 2023
I can explain my own source of brokeness, how much una go give me for my explanation grin
Re: Nigerians Who Can't Explain Their Sources Of Wealth Would Be Arrested, Charged.. by XAUBulls: 1:00pm On Dec 04, 2023
erico2k2:

Read it again, you must have reasonable evidence to connect the property or asset as a proceed of crime, its same in the UK.U just do not see a person having a private jet and you seize it.you must be able to link it as a proceed of crime! The onus of proof is on the prosecutor not the owner to connect it to crime
You're absolutely correct @erico2k2

I was actually adding more information to my post when your reply or second mention came in. The burden of proof is indeed on the prosecutor who has to have water-tight evidence to seized an asset and have the crime suspect prosecuted in the court of law.
Re: Nigerians Who Can't Explain Their Sources Of Wealth Would Be Arrested, Charged.. by OfoIgbo: 1:02pm On Dec 04, 2023
Teenaira:

Since it is Peter Obi’s principle, he should take the lead to explain his source of wealth over the past 35 years.

Peter Obi went to CKC Onitsha (verified)
Peter Obi got a 2;1 in Philosophy in UNN (verified)

Tinubu went to Government college Ibadan (forged and fake)
Tinubu got a certificate from Chicago state university (forged)

grin grin
Re: Nigerians Who Can't Explain Their Sources Of Wealth Would Be Arrested, Charged.. by MEEVEET: 1:03pm On Dec 04, 2023
spiSeyi:

Stop defending your illusion, Obi himself couldn't deny it he was part of Abacha's corrupt and Notorious government. You act as if you are well informed but you have just proven that you know nothing about most Nigerian politicians background PO Pandora scandal has been since 1998 but no one dears touched the issue because he was hiding under a dictator (Gen. Sani Abacha) Atiku and PBAT are a saint compared to a man who served as a looting conduit to Abacha
Are you sure you understand English?
Re: Nigerians Who Can't Explain Their Sources Of Wealth Would Be Arrested, Charged.. by EMIOMOADEOYE: 1:03pm On Dec 04, 2023
OLAADEGBU:

SaharaReporters

Nonsense talk.

How do you define justifiable means of income?

If a person has not committed a crime or there is no valid ground for "probable cause" this here is lawlessness. Plain and simple.
Re: Nigerians Who Can't Explain Their Sources Of Wealth Would Be Arrested, Charged.. by Coconunu(m): 1:10pm On Dec 04, 2023
Idiot people.....
Make una come arrest me for been poor before saying all dis rubbish

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Offem Uket: EFCC Sacks Prosecutor Accused Of Taking Bribe From Olanipekun, Adoke / Ambode Breaks Fast With Muslims In Lagos / Vehicle Confiscation By Lagos State Is Unconstitutional & Void - Inibehe Effiong

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.