Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,442 members, 7,816,013 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:30 PM

How My Neighbour Died About A Month After Being Transferred For Work. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How My Neighbour Died About A Month After Being Transferred For Work. (2381 Views)

My Mum Is Unconsolable One Month After / My Neighbour's Wife And Her Wahala / My Neighbour's New 17-Year-Old Wife Is Giving Him Headache (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How My Neighbour Died About A Month After Being Transferred For Work. by EmekaStanley: 6:15pm On Dec 04, 2023
This is a true life story, albeit a very sad one. I wouldn’t have shared this story, but then I thought about it and realized that it could save someone from untimely death, or prevent an unwanted occurrence or even make one more careful generally when dealing with life.

About a year ago, I moved into a new apartment, and directly opposite my apartment is that of a young man named Shola. He has a wife and a kid.

Even though there won’t be any cause to, but Shola is one of those neighbors you can live and never have any course to argue over anything. He was simply a jolly good fellow.

Even in the gated close where we live and interacted like brothers, everyone liked Shola.

Sometime late September 2023, Shola told us that his company is transferring him on immediate basis, to Edo State, Benin City precisely.

During one my neighborly chats with Shola, he said he will go to Benin first without his family, and that his wife and kid will stay with relatives in Lagos until he puts things in order for them to join him.

We drank over it, and wished him well. Towards the end of October, Shola moved to Benin to resume at his new site.

Last week Wednesday as I was driving into the close, the CSO – who also resides in the close - approached me and informed me that Shola was dead. I thought I heard wrong and asked him to repeat it, he did. I was devastated.

The CSO told me that people from Shola’s Company came to the close on that Wednesday with his picture to look for family members but since the wife wasn’t around, they dropped the information.

According to them, Shola was found dead in his room in Benin few days after he didn’t report to work. They had to go to his house, found his car there, couldn’t gain access through the door but was able to open the window to see him lying dead on his bed.

Even few days after, I wished someone would call and say there was a mix up, but I am still waiting for that call up till now.

What happened to Shola?

I may never know because the CSO mentioned to me that he had been buried immediately in his home town after he was taken to his village. This is such a very sad event.

I don’t know if Shola's company tried to do any form of investigation regarding this sudden death. Autopsy should have a place in the law where it is mandatory to be carried out. This circumstance suits that place.

Just like that, a young man journeying through life to make a living died mysteriously. Life is deep. There is a high chance Shola would have still been alive if he didn’t move to Benin, especially alone.

Except in few cases, work transfers that require relocation are promotions especially when it is not a disciplinary measure. Therefore, be free to move around and explore other cities, towns, countries or villages but be wise.

When you are being transferred, you will automatically start dealing with a different set of principalities and powers. The following tips can help you live;

• Begin with God. You must be spiritually fortified for this movement because literally, you do not know what awaits you where you are going. Only God can assure you of safety.

• Do not eat anyhow. I repeat, do not eat anyhow. If you must eat in the midst of friends and colleagues, watch your food at all times. If for any reason you stepped out without your food, do not eat that food again when you return, no matter how hungry you are.

• Do not keep late nights. Avoid it. Go to work early and go home early.

• Do not hate anyone, but don’t be naïve to think everyone loves you, including your colleagues. You must be discerning.

I do not know the cause of Shola’s death, but it is so painful, and I pray God to rest his soul and help his young family that he left behind.

ES

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: How My Neighbour Died About A Month After Being Transferred For Work. by 1TrippleCee: 6:17pm On Dec 04, 2023
Hude real identities please. Hide the exact locations and details. Dont traimatize the wife please
Re: How My Neighbour Died About A Month After Being Transferred For Work. by VeryWickedGoat: 6:22pm On Dec 04, 2023
Benin.

6 Likes

Re: How My Neighbour Died About A Month After Being Transferred For Work. by EmekaStanley: 6:26pm On Dec 04, 2023
1TrippleCee:
Hude real identities please. Hide the exact locations and details. Dont traimatize the wife please
You have a point. But I think I will leave it this way
Re: How My Neighbour Died About A Month After Being Transferred For Work. by Franzinni: 6:30pm On Dec 04, 2023
He might have died naturally too ... The truth is there are over 8billion humans alive right now and every last one has an expiration date ordained billions of years before they were born.... I just feel for his young family tho

2 Likes

Re: How My Neighbour Died About A Month After Being Transferred For Work. by EmekaStanley: 6:32pm On Dec 04, 2023
No. Shola's case was different. It was not his time to expire.

Franzinni:
He might have died naturally too ... The truth is there are over 8billion humans alive right now and every last one has an expiration date ordained billions of years before they were born.... I just feel for his young family tho

2 Likes

Re: How My Neighbour Died About A Month After Being Transferred For Work. by We4all: 6:49pm On Dec 04, 2023
Too bad! Something similar happened to someone who was very close to me. I won't be surprised if he was posted to replace another staff and he was taken down spiritually. There are too many spiritual battles in the work place and only the strongest survives.

13 Likes

Re: How My Neighbour Died About A Month After Being Transferred For Work. by madridguy(m): 6:53pm On Dec 04, 2023
Death can knock down anyone at anytime.

May God comfort Mr Shola's loved ones.

4 Likes

Re: How My Neighbour Died About A Month After Being Transferred For Work. by DarlingtonC: 7:14pm On Dec 04, 2023
This is so sad.

Some work places are terrible battle fields. Be strong spiritually or get smoked

2 Likes

Re: How My Neighbour Died About A Month After Being Transferred For Work. by Kobojunkie: 7:27pm On Dec 04, 2023
EmekaStanley:
What happened to Shola?
I may never know because the CSO mentioned to me that he had been buried immediately in his home town after he was taken to his village. This is such a very sad event.
I don’t know if Shola's company tried to do any form of investigation regarding this sudden death. Autopsy should have a place in the law where it is mandatory to be carried out. This circumstance suits that place.
Just like that, a young man journeying through life to make a living died mysteriously. Life is deep. There is a high chance Shola would have still been alive if he didn’t move to Benin, especially alone.
■ Except in few cases, work transfers that require relocation are promotions especially when it is not a disciplinary measure. Therefore, be free to move around and explore other cities, towns, countries or villages but be wise. When you are being transferred, you will automatically start dealing with a different set of principalities and powers. The following tips can help you live;

You have no clue what it was that killed Shola but somehow you are certain that the same Shola would not have keeled over and died across the flat from yours had he not gone to Benin? Na this kain thing dey make me wonder which kain planet Nigerians are from. lipsrsealed

2. Abeg. Stop yapping nonsense! undecided

2 Likes

Re: How My Neighbour Died About A Month After Being Transferred For Work. by id4sho(m): 9:26pm On Dec 04, 2023
EmekaStanley:
This is a true life story, albeit a very sad one. I wouldn’t have shared this story, but then I thought about it and realized that it could save someone from untimely death, or prevent an unwanted occurrence or even make one more careful generally when dealing with life.

About a year ago, I moved into a new apartment, and directly opposite my apartment is that of a young man named Shola. He has a wife and a kid.

Even though there won’t be any cause to, but Shola is one of those neighbors you can live and never have any course to argue over anything. He was simply a jolly good fellow.

Even in the gated close where we live and interacted like brothers, everyone liked Shola.

Sometime late September 2023, Shola told us that his company is transferring him on immediate basis, to Edo State, Benin City precisely.

During one my neighborly chats with Shola, he said he will go to Benin first without his family, and that his wife and kid will stay with relatives in Lagos until he puts things in order for them to join him.

We drank over it, and wished him well. Towards the end of October, Shola moved to Benin to resume at his new site.

Last week Wednesday as I was driving into the close, the CSO – who also resides in the close - approached me and informed me that Shola was dead. I thought I heard wrong and asked him to repeat it, he did. I was devastated.

The CSO told me that people from Shola’s Company came to the close on that Wednesday with his picture to look for family members but since the wife wasn’t around, they dropped the information.

According to them, Shola was found dead in his room in Benin few days after he didn’t report to work. They had to go to his house, found his car there, couldn’t gain access through the door but was able to open the window to see him lying dead on his bed.

Even few days after, I wished someone would call and say there was a mix up, but I am still waiting for that call up till now.

What happened to Shola?

Except in few cases, work transfers that require relocation are promotions especially when it is not a disciplinary measure. Therefore, be free to move around and explore other cities, towns, countries or villages but be wise.

When you are being transferred, you will automatically start dealing with a different set of principalities and powers. The following tips can help you live;

• Begin with God. You must be spiritually fortified for this movement because literally, you do not know what awaits you where you are going. Only God can assure you of safety.

• Do not eat anyhow. I repeat, do not eat anyhow. If you must eat in the midst of friends and colleagues, watch your food at all times. If for any reason you stepped out without your food, do not eat that food again when you return, no matter how hungry you are.

• Do not hate anyone, but don’t be naïve to think everyone loves you, including your colleagues. You must be discerning.

I do not know the cause of Shola’s death, but it is so painful, and I pray God to rest his soul and help his young family that he left behind.

ES

Sad one
Re: How My Neighbour Died About A Month After Being Transferred For Work. by Acidosis(m): 10:06pm On Dec 04, 2023
Nawao... I just got the news about another young man who went to work offshore at a new site. Unlike the incident you shared, this guy's company opted to carry out an autopsy. The results revealed that the man was poisoned. It's really heartbreaking.

People are hustling to retain their jobs, their positions. Everyone should stay woke and prayerful, please. Believe me, fewer people than you can imagine genuinely want to see your progress.

12 Likes

Re: How My Neighbour Died About A Month After Being Transferred For Work. by DarlingtonC: 11:03pm On Dec 04, 2023
Acidosis:

Nawao... I just got the news about another young man who went to work offshore at a new site. Unlike the incident you shared, this guy's company opted to carry out an autopsy. The results revealed that the man was poisoned. It's really heartbreaking.

People are hustling to retain their jobs, their positions. Everyone should stay woke and prayerful, please. Believe me, fewer people than you can imagine genuinely want to see your progress.

This is so painful. poison is a major way people are killed. That's why one has to be careful with both food and drinks

4 Likes

Re: How My Neighbour Died About A Month After Being Transferred For Work. by andyanders: 2:42am On Dec 05, 2023
Lost my eldest brother too in benin almost same way. Don't want to think about it.

2 Likes

Re: How My Neighbour Died About A Month After Being Transferred For Work. by PedoBear: 2:55am On Dec 05, 2023
Yen yen

Na gossip day sweet you op
Re: How My Neighbour Died About A Month After Being Transferred For Work. by honour7: 3:23am On Dec 05, 2023
EmekaStanley:
This is

ES

My problem is that he had an apartment and a car all to himself, then why did he not move his wife and family with him immediately, why wait.
Re: How My Neighbour Died About A Month After Being Transferred For Work. by Uyi168: 5:03am On Dec 05, 2023
death can meet u anywhere and anytime.

come to hospital and see how people die almost every minute. u go know say, tru tru, nothing dy this life

4 Likes

Re: How My Neighbour Died About A Month After Being Transferred For Work. by shortIGBOman: 6:12am On Dec 05, 2023
EmekaStanley:
This is a true life story, albeit a very sad one. I wouldn’t have
ES

Eyahh.
Funny enough, i've met this Shola Guy. He recenty received his official Car about 3 weeks ago. He is a cool headed Guy.

I dont know him very well, but the Company he works and mine share the same building. I saw him last two weeks ago. Only to hear about his death last week Monday.

2 Likes

Re: How My Neighbour Died About A Month After Being Transferred For Work. by shortIGBOman: 6:14am On Dec 05, 2023
honour7:

My problem is that he had an apartment and a car all to himself, then why did he not move his wife and family with him immediately, why wait.

He just moved to Benin not upto 2 months now.
Re: How My Neighbour Died About A Month After Being Transferred For Work. by Karlifate: 6:25am On Dec 05, 2023
honour7:

My problem
Your problem?

is that he had an apartment and a car all to himself, then why did he not move his wife and family with him immediately, why wait.

The man did what's best for his family.

Why should it be "your" problem

If he had moved hIs family there immediately, and the wife & children died, you people will still come up with another conspiracy theory. 😒

1 Like

Re: How My Neighbour Died About A Month After Being Transferred For Work. by Nobody: 6:28am On Dec 05, 2023
EmekaStanley:
No. Shola's case was different. It was not his time to expire.

So, do you know his expiry date?

1 Like

Re: How My Neighbour Died About A Month After Being Transferred For Work. by Karlifate: 6:28am On Dec 05, 2023
DarlingtonC:
This is so sad.

Some work places are terrible battle fields. Be strong spiritually or get smoked

It's by God's grace & mercy.

If it's by being "strong spiritually", many powerful men will still be alive.
Re: How My Neighbour Died About A Month After Being Transferred For Work. by Karlifate: 6:32am On Dec 05, 2023
madridguy:
Death can knock down anyone at anytime.

Exactly!

Some dweebs are already coming up with spiritual hullabaloo, when they don't even know the cause of his death

May God comfort Mr Shola's loved ones.

Amen.
Re: How My Neighbour Died About A Month After Being Transferred For Work. by DarlingtonC: 9:56am On Dec 05, 2023
Karlifate:

It's by God's grace & mercy.

If it's by being "strong spiritually", many powerful men will still be alive.
Yes, but don't downplay spiritual strength

4 Likes

Re: How My Neighbour Died About A Month After Being Transferred For Work. by Mantul: 10:04am On Dec 05, 2023
shortIGBOman:

Eyahh.
Funny enough, i've met this Shola Guy. He recenty received his official Car about 3 weeks ago. He is a cool headed Guy.

I dont know him very well, but the Company he works and mine share the same building. I saw him last two weeks ago. Only to hear about his death last week Monday.

Hoping they excavate and do an autopsy
Re: How My Neighbour Died About A Month After Being Transferred For Work. by Karlifate: 10:16am On Dec 05, 2023
DarlingtonC:
Yes, but don't downplay spiritual strength

You're the one overplaying "spiritual strength".
Re: How My Neighbour Died About A Month After Being Transferred For Work. by EmperorCaesar(m): 11:34am On Dec 05, 2023
Franzinni:

Who ordained it

Scientists dont believe so and most Theists dont think God would have been cruel enough to do that
Re: How My Neighbour Died About A Month After Being Transferred For Work. by EmperorCaesar(m): 11:39am On Dec 05, 2023
I used to think that if the other side is bliss and peace, then it would render our mourning of the dead valueless

Roman Politician and Philosopher, Seneca said "Death is a release from and an end of all pains: beyond it our sufferings cannot extend: it restores us to the peaceful rest in which we lay before we were born. If anyone pities the dead, he ought also to pity those who have not been born."

Senecatheyonger

1 Like

Re: How My Neighbour Died About A Month After Being Transferred For Work. by CarlosTheJackal: 12:53pm On Dec 05, 2023
Kobojunkie:
You have no clue what it was that killed Shola but somehow you are certain that the same Shola would not have keeled over and died across the flat from yours had he not gone to Benin? Na this kain thing dey make me wonder which kain planet Nigerians are from. lipsrsealed

2. Abeg. Stop yapping nonsense! undecided
Junkie don drop comment
Re: How My Neighbour Died About A Month After Being Transferred For Work. by sisisioge: 1:42pm On Dec 05, 2023
One of the dangers of living alone. A simple medical emergency may become fatal if there's no one around d to help. It is well.
Re: How My Neighbour Died About A Month After Being Transferred For Work. by DarlingtonC: 2:39pm On Dec 05, 2023
sisisioge:
One of the dangers of living alone. A simple medical emergency may become fatal if there's no one around d to help. It is well.
Hmmm.

Elite babe making sense as usual.

Where have you been?

(1) (2) (Reply)

What Does Your Dad Mean To You? / [PHOTO] Difference Between Mums And Dads / Our Colleague Was Left By Her Fiance Cos She Eats Too Much

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.